Most Successful Businessman in the World вЂ“ Ralph J. Roberts …
He was honored by the Anti-Defamation League of B’Nai B’Rith with its Americanism Award and by the National Conference of Christians and Jews with its Brotherhood Award. He has also received Philadelphia’s Edward Powell Award given to …
Most Successful Businessman in the World – Ralph J. Roberts
Ralph J. Roberts founded Comcast Corporation, one of the nation’s leading providers of entertainment, information and communication products and services, with the purchase of a 1,200-subscriber cable television system in Tupelo, Mississippi in 1963. From Comcast’s humble roots, Mr. Roberts went on to create a company that today serves 23.2 million customers and employs about 100,000 people. Today, he is Founder and Chairman Emeritus of the Company’s Board of Directors, and his son Brian serves as Chairman and CEO.
Prior to starting Comcast, Mr. Roberts was President and CEO of Pioneer Industries, a leading men’s clothing accessories company, Vice President of Muzak Corporation, and an account executive with Aitken Kynett Advertising Agency.
Mr. Roberts graduated from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and served a four-year tour of duty in the U.S. Navy. He also participated in continuing education programs at Harvard Business School.
Mr. Roberts, 90, is involved in numerous community and civic activities. He currently serves on the boards of the Council of Emeritus Directors of the Philadelphia Orchestra and the Brandywine Museum and Conservancy, as well as the Advisory Board of the Greater Philadelphia Urban Affairs Coalition, and the Penn Medicine Board of Trustees, University of Pennsylvania Health System.
His business, entrepreneurial and humanitarian endeavors have brought him many awards including the Distinguished Vanguard Award for Leadership from the National Cable and Telecommunications Association; induction in the Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame; the Cable Television Hall of Fame Award; and the Walter Kaitz Foundation Award for contributing to the cable industry’s diversity efforts. He received the University of Pennsylvania’s Joseph P. Wharton Award, and the conferral of a Doctor of Humane Letters by Holy Family College.
He was honored by the Anti-Defamation League of B’Nai B’Rith with its Americanism Award and by the National Conference of Christians and Jews with its Brotherhood Award. He has also received Philadelphia’s Edward Powell Award given to the individual whose efforts most benefit the prosperity of the city of Philadelphia; the Police Athletic League Award; the Urban League of Philadelphia’s Whitney M. Young Jr. Award for Leadership, Diversity and Excellence; the William Penn Award given by the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce; the Trustees Award from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences; and (jointly with his son Brian) the Steven J. Ross Humanitarian Award given by the UJA Federation.
Originally posted here:
Most Successful Businessman in the World – Ralph J. Roberts …
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
spindletop richard schmidt
catholic jew pontificates
seth macfarlane jewish ancestry
difference antisemitism amd antijudaism
fhack v0 kkk download
cohen jewish experience torrent
michael kramer david lesch
- The Leo Frank Jewish Sex Murder Criminal Case and Post-Trial Lynching: The Rape and Strangulation of Mary Phagan and Meticulous Leo Frank Trial Analysis at the American Mercury. - November 21st, 2014
- As CMU's Conflict Kitchen reopens, the discussion of Israeli-Palestinian hostilities continues - November 19th, 2014
- Hypocrisy & Bnai Brith - November 19th, 2014
- B'nai B'rith Housing Opens Coolidge at Sudbury (Boston ... - November 16th, 2014
- B'nai B'rith - Wikipedia - November 14th, 2014
- Pa. eatery to reopen after death threat - November 12th, 2014
- Pittsburgh's Conflict Kitchen to reopen with Palestinian food; police investigate death threat - November 11th, 2014
- B'nai B'rith - Metapedia - Main Page - Metapedia - October 29th, 2014
- Today in History for Oct. 13, 2014 - October 13th, 2014
- This day in history: Oct. 13, 2014 - October 13th, 2014
- Today in history: Continental Congress orders construction of naval fleet - October 13th, 2014
- European Day of Jewish Culture 2014 Belgrade - B'nai B'rith Lodge Serbia - Video - October 7th, 2014
- (Following Advance for Use Monday, Oct. 13) - October 6th, 2014
- From the Producers Pod: October 2, 2014 Edition - October 4th, 2014
- B'nai B'rith Jewish Youth Music Eisteddfod 2014 Finals concert (extended video) - Video - September 23rd, 2014
- B'nai B'rith - AEPi International Convention Community Service Project (2014) - Video - September 9th, 2014
- B'nai B'rith - WHALE - September 6th, 2014
- B'nai B'rith Wikipdia - September 5th, 2014
- 22nd B'nai B'rith World Center's Award for Journalism - Video - September 4th, 2014
- B'nai B'rith International - 2013 Annual Report - B'nai B ... - September 3rd, 2014
- Congregation B'nai B'rith | Santa Barbara's Reform Jewish ... - August 31st, 2014
- B'nai B'rith: Nonfiction | eBay - Electronics, Cars ... - May 23rd, 2014
- B'nai B'rith UK - May 14th, 2014
- The Murder of Mary Phagan and Aborted Apotheosis of Leo Frank, part 1 - April 26th, 2014
- The One Hundredth Anniversary of the Murder of Mary Phagan, that Led to the Leo Frank's Conviction and the Founding of the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) of B'nai B'rith - April 26th, 2014
- Un-American Subversive Theatre: Parade the Leo Frank Broadway Musical Becomes International Cult Sensation - April 26th, 2014
- Bnai Brith: Nonfiction | eBay - Electronics, Cars ... - April 16th, 2014
- Observing Passover in Wilkes-Barre - April 15th, 2014
- B'nai B'rith: Nonfiction | eBay - April 6th, 2014
- Local Rabbi Shaves His Head For Cancer Research - March 29th, 2014
- b'nai b'rith - March 10th, 2014
- Nationalism and Unchecked Violence in Bulgaria - March 7th, 2014
- B'nai B'rith (Jewish organization) -- Encyclopedia Britannica - February 23rd, 2014
- Pope welcomes B'nai B'rith, says Jews and Catholics have much in common2717 - Video - February 7th, 2014
- B'nai B'rith and the American Jewish Archives Webinar - Stories from the Stacks - Video - February 5th, 2014
- BBYO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - February 4th, 2014
- B'nai B'rith - Metapedia - February 4th, 2014
- Anti-Semitic and Racist Websites to Monitor for the Year 2014 - January 30th, 2014
- B'nai B'rith Welcomes President's Attention to Some of our Top Priorities - January 29th, 2014
- B'Nai B'Rith - Encyclopaedia Judaica | Encyclopedia.com - January 28th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: