Conservatives Claim 'Bioshock Infinite' Video Game is Anti-Christian (Audio)
The video game Bioshock Infinite, which was released back on March 26, is being accused by some conservatives of being anti-American and anti-Christian.
Glenn Beck’s website TheBlaze.com found problems with the game’s designer, Ken Levine, questioning “American Exceptionalism” in an interview last year.
The current political conversation in America is exhaustingly the same conversation thats been going on for hundreds of years. We are very much like two countries. America has been this bifurcated thing for a long time,” Levine told International Business Times. The American Exceptionalism, theocracy-based power structure has been around the edges of American culture for a long time. BioShock Infinite gives it its full day in court.”
“American Exceptionalism” is the conservative claim that America is an exceptional country deemed by God, although there is no mention of America in the Bible.
The problem is that the representatives of this philosophy, the Founders, are straw men. Racist, xenophobic, religious fanatics, they are progressive caricatures of conservatives writ large, stripped of any subtlety; nothing but ugly monsters full of naked aggression and violent bigotry.
…The games antagonist, Zachary Hale Comstock, is the leader of the Founders faction and the lazy embodiment of every Tea Party stereotype youve ever heard: old, white, angry, and religious to the point that the citizens of Columbia refer to him as Father Comstock and the Prophet of the city.
On his “WallBuilders Live” radio show today, host and debunked Christian historian David Barton did not mention the video game by name, but appeared to be talking about Bioshock Infinite, reported RightWingWatch.org (audio below).
“There is a video game out now where the bad guys you are supposed to shoot are both conservatives and Christians,” said Barton. “So that’s the ones that kids are being taught you have to rule out … see, this is the kind of stuff that the Nazis started early on with young people and getting them to hate Jews, teaching them at Jews were bad and all the bad things that Jews did.”
Sources: RightWingWatch.org, TheBlaze.com, International Business Times
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
miss versi slow
Bilbe Jewish consipracies
hooters sued weight discrimination
sephardic jews friesland
antisemitism shabbat goy
kill horned holocaust 2004
- OPINION - The Concordia BDS experience - December 19th, 2014
- David Duke Dec 16th - Video - December 19th, 2014
- This Is What Hanukkah Is All About. Hint: It Was a Near-Death Experience - December 18th, 2014
- Support Gaza - Video - December 17th, 2014
- Orthodox Judaism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - December 16th, 2014
- Jewish community prepares to celebrate Hanukkah - December 15th, 2014
- MVI 4418 ISIS Beheads Four Christian Children! - Video - December 15th, 2014
- Downfall Director Joins Biopic of Nazi Resistance Fighter Georg Elser - December 15th, 2014
- Pastor Protests Gay Marriage by Dressing Horse as Bride (Video) - December 15th, 2014
- Court disallows bid to invite Snowden to testify in Berlin - December 14th, 2014
- Kkk tattoos ku klux klan - December 14th, 2014
- Apocalypse: World War I OST - Kaiser Wilhem II - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Jewish Rabbi : How Islam and Muslims treated Jews and the real threat to world peace - Video - December 13th, 2014
- David Icke - The Global Spiritual Awakening Of Humanity complete - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Israel to Formerly Be Defined as State of the Jewish People? Christians Debate Affect on Minorities - December 12th, 2014
- Gay Marriage Supporters Ask AG Not To Appeal Judges Ruling - December 11th, 2014
- Before Beheading, Children Tell ISIS: â€˜No, We Love Jesusâ€™ - December 10th, 2014
- Jihad in the Philippines: Death toll in bus bombing rises to 10, mostly students - December 10th, 2014
- White Privilege Class At University Of Notre Dame Geared Toward Personal Transformation, Faces Criticism - December 10th, 2014
- Al Sharpton Is As Much a Reverend As I Am a Black Man - December 10th, 2014
- ALERT: Christianity Endorses Gay Marriage - Video - December 10th, 2014
- Ashkenazi Jews Are Not White - December 10th, 2014
- I Screwed Up. We Shouldn't Be a 'Hate Tourist Mecca' - December 10th, 2014
- Israel charges American over plot to bomb Muslims - December 10th, 2014
- Israel indicts American over plot to bomb Muslim holy sites in Jerusalem - December 9th, 2014
- Israel: American accused in attack plot - December 9th, 2014
- AMERICAN INDICTED Israel arrests man plotting to blow up Muslim sites - December 9th, 2014
- Boko Haram Slaughters More Christians as it Expands â€˜Caliphateâ€™ in Nigeria - December 8th, 2014
- Joyeux Noel (2005) Film Complet - Video - December 7th, 2014
- Holy days & holidays in public schools - December 6th, 2014
- Jewish Racism - December 6th, 2014
- December | 2014 | Jewish-Christian Intersections - December 5th, 2014
- Fearing violence, U.S. Jewish groups create security infrastructure - December 5th, 2014
- Despite Obamaâ€™s Refusal, Fort Hood victims set to receive Purple Hearts, combat status - December 4th, 2014
- What's feeding Islamophobia? - December 4th, 2014
- The UKs Israeli flag-waving Christian preachers - December 4th, 2014
- North (Islamic) Sudan: Police Attack, Beat Worshipping Congregation, Arrest 38 Christians - December 3rd, 2014
- A Critical Look at Rush Limbaugh - December 3rd, 2014
- Multiculturalism in Europe:Who is Behind It? by David Duke - Video - December 3rd, 2014
- Minnesota imam refuses to denounce the Islamic State (ISIS) - December 2nd, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: