Conservatives Claim 'Bioshock Infinite' Video Game is Anti-Christian (Audio)
The video game Bioshock Infinite, which was released back on March 26, is being accused by some conservatives of being anti-American and anti-Christian.
Glenn Beck’s website TheBlaze.com found problems with the game’s designer, Ken Levine, questioning “American Exceptionalism” in an interview last year.
The current political conversation in America is exhaustingly the same conversation thats been going on for hundreds of years. We are very much like two countries. America has been this bifurcated thing for a long time,” Levine told International Business Times. The American Exceptionalism, theocracy-based power structure has been around the edges of American culture for a long time. BioShock Infinite gives it its full day in court.”
“American Exceptionalism” is the conservative claim that America is an exceptional country deemed by God, although there is no mention of America in the Bible.
The problem is that the representatives of this philosophy, the Founders, are straw men. Racist, xenophobic, religious fanatics, they are progressive caricatures of conservatives writ large, stripped of any subtlety; nothing but ugly monsters full of naked aggression and violent bigotry.
…The games antagonist, Zachary Hale Comstock, is the leader of the Founders faction and the lazy embodiment of every Tea Party stereotype youve ever heard: old, white, angry, and religious to the point that the citizens of Columbia refer to him as Father Comstock and the Prophet of the city.
On his “WallBuilders Live” radio show today, host and debunked Christian historian David Barton did not mention the video game by name, but appeared to be talking about Bioshock Infinite, reported RightWingWatch.org (audio below).
“There is a video game out now where the bad guys you are supposed to shoot are both conservatives and Christians,” said Barton. “So that’s the ones that kids are being taught you have to rule out … see, this is the kind of stuff that the Nazis started early on with young people and getting them to hate Jews, teaching them at Jews were bad and all the bad things that Jews did.”
Sources: RightWingWatch.org, TheBlaze.com, International Business Times
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
Who Mandela fighting rainbow nation?
rachel weiss israel
tom hanks steven spielberg israel
johnny cash anti semitic
mossad operation video
idukki fake meditation center
march 22 2013 nucelar war
black eyed peas anti semitic
- Progressive Evangelicals Look for Christian Support For Gay Marriage - Video - September 19th, 2014
- Opinion: A strong signal from German Muslims - September 19th, 2014
- Pope Francis compares savage attacks on Christians to persecution of Jews - September 19th, 2014
- Pope Francis to Jews: We're all under attack now - September 18th, 2014
- AJC Partners with IsraAID to Assist Iraqi Christians, Yazidis - September 18th, 2014
- A Jewish conversion, three generations in the making - September 18th, 2014
- Ex-Jordan MP says Jews use Christian blood to make matzah ... - September 17th, 2014
- Joe Bidens Use of Shylocks Draws Anger from Jewish Group - September 17th, 2014
- Palestine -- Ancient History Encyclopedia - September 16th, 2014
- I would have booed Ted Cruz, too - September 15th, 2014
- Identity and Difference, Part 2: Identity - September 15th, 2014
- True center - September 15th, 2014
- Thousands Gather In Germany To Rally Against Anti-Semitism - September 14th, 2014
- ADL Backgrounder - The Council of Conservative Citizens - September 14th, 2014
- Muslims curse Jews and Christians EVERYDAY in their prayers | Abu Baraa - Video - September 14th, 2014
- Fighters Against ISIS Wiped Out!! Mystery Explosion - Christian Video Channe - Video - September 13th, 2014
- Ted Cruz Exposes Christian Bigotry Against Jews In the ... - September 12th, 2014
- Kevin Sorbo defends 'Jews killed Jesus' remarks - September 12th, 2014
- The Jewish and Christian dispensations Pt 1 - Gary Colley - Video - September 12th, 2014
- Christian group president calls Ted Cruzs reaction unfortunate - September 12th, 2014
- Roadmap to Armageddon - Video - September 12th, 2014
- Ted Cruz booed off stage at Middle East Christian meeting. Why? (+video) - September 12th, 2014
- GOP congressman calls Cruz remarks to Christian group outrageous and incendiary - September 11th, 2014
- Why Ted Cruz Was Booed Off Stage at a Christian Event - September 11th, 2014
- Ted Cruz booed off stage at Middle East Christian meeting. Why? - September 11th, 2014
- Ted Cruz walks out of Christian event after being booed - September 11th, 2014
- Ted Cruz Heckled Off Stage at Christian Event - September 11th, 2014
- Arab Christians Boo Ted Cruz for Pro-Israel Remarks - Video - September 11th, 2014
- Ted Cruz speech to Christian group cut short by boos after Israel comments - September 11th, 2014
- InterVarsity Christian student group denied recognition at California college campuses - September 10th, 2014
- NAACP's Attempt to Deny Black Citizen Journalist's Free Speech Rights Goes to Federal Appeals Court - September 10th, 2014
- Is Pope Francis Heading to Turkey? - September 10th, 2014
- Kevin Sorbo Tells Jews, News Bulletin: You Did Kill Jesus Says Mel Gibson Had The Last Laugh - September 9th, 2014
- House of One: a mosque, synagogue, and church under one roof - September 8th, 2014
- Actor Kevin Sorbo to Jews: 'You Did Kill Jesus' - September 8th, 2014
- Jerusalem: Soar Above the Holy Land in 3D - September 7th, 2014
- Summer's Missing Question: What Is Zionism? - September 7th, 2014
- First Jewish chaplain in 25 years settles in at Elmendorf - September 7th, 2014
- SHEKINAH - Jews worship female god - Baphomet & Mystery Babylon - Christian Zionism - Video - September 7th, 2014
- Segal: On anti-Semitism, from Aspen - September 7th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: