Conservatives Claim 'Bioshock Infinite' Video Game is Anti-Christian (Audio)
The video game Bioshock Infinite, which was released back on March 26, is being accused by some conservatives of being anti-American and anti-Christian.
Glenn Beck’s website TheBlaze.com found problems with the game’s designer, Ken Levine, questioning “American Exceptionalism” in an interview last year.
The current political conversation in America is exhaustingly the same conversation thats been going on for hundreds of years. We are very much like two countries. America has been this bifurcated thing for a long time,” Levine told International Business Times. The American Exceptionalism, theocracy-based power structure has been around the edges of American culture for a long time. BioShock Infinite gives it its full day in court.”
“American Exceptionalism” is the conservative claim that America is an exceptional country deemed by God, although there is no mention of America in the Bible.
The problem is that the representatives of this philosophy, the Founders, are straw men. Racist, xenophobic, religious fanatics, they are progressive caricatures of conservatives writ large, stripped of any subtlety; nothing but ugly monsters full of naked aggression and violent bigotry.
…The games antagonist, Zachary Hale Comstock, is the leader of the Founders faction and the lazy embodiment of every Tea Party stereotype youve ever heard: old, white, angry, and religious to the point that the citizens of Columbia refer to him as Father Comstock and the Prophet of the city.
On his “WallBuilders Live” radio show today, host and debunked Christian historian David Barton did not mention the video game by name, but appeared to be talking about Bioshock Infinite, reported RightWingWatch.org (audio below).
“There is a video game out now where the bad guys you are supposed to shoot are both conservatives and Christians,” said Barton. “So that’s the ones that kids are being taught you have to rule out … see, this is the kind of stuff that the Nazis started early on with young people and getting them to hate Jews, teaching them at Jews were bad and all the bad things that Jews did.”
Sources: RightWingWatch.org, TheBlaze.com, International Business Times
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
chuck trayvon martin
miss versi slow
christians debate jewdism 2013
nemo oblivioni tradita est, nihil oblivioni tradita est
adele anti semitic comments
kfc kkk emblem bo2
lew rockwell anti semite
kkk rant video
- The KKK Tries to Make A Comeback - April 16th, 2014
- The oldest hatred, forever young - April 16th, 2014
- Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn - Wikipedia, the free ... - April 15th, 2014
- Ukraine Travel: Your Ukrainian Guide for Things to Do ... - April 15th, 2014
- Suspect's intent was to kill Jews, experts say - April 15th, 2014
- Charles Krauthammer: Americas thought police on patrol - April 15th, 2014
- KKK leader reacts to Kansas shooting at Jewish centers - April 15th, 2014
- Jewish center shooting comes amid decade-long slide in anti-Jewish incidents (+video) - April 15th, 2014
- Red Cross warns collapse of humanitarian services in Gaza - April 14th, 2014
- Jewish center shooting comes amid decade-long slide in anti-Jewish incidents - April 14th, 2014
- Passover, the Jewish Holiday for Gentiles - April 14th, 2014
- Jewish center shooting suspect is white supremacist, former KKK leader - April 14th, 2014
- VIDEO: French Jews 'afraid to be Jewish' - April 14th, 2014
- A Christian astronomer talks about Blood Moons - April 13th, 2014
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the dissenters even if you disagree - April 13th, 2014
- Mike Huckabee Slams Obama on Gay Marriage - Where Are His Christian Convictions? - Video - April 13th, 2014
- A century on, World War I remains 'the Great War' for the Brits. Why? - April 13th, 2014
- Thought police on patrol - April 12th, 2014
- David Duke April 9th, 2014 - Video - April 12th, 2014
- Suzanne Fields: A common hope for the season - April 12th, 2014
- 2014 year of Christian film? - April 11th, 2014
- Reason and resurrection - April 11th, 2014
- West Bank settlers derided as terrorists for turning on their own army (+video) - April 11th, 2014
- Charles Krauthammer: Thought police on patrol - April 11th, 2014
- Jews for Jesus - Official Site - April 10th, 2014
- Onetime Sephardic Towns See Euro Signs in Revival of Lost Jewish Heritage - April 10th, 2014
- Netanyahu orders ministers to cut contact with Palestinians - April 10th, 2014
- Muslim academy investigated over 'infiltration by extremists' is victim of a witch-hunt, says governor - April 10th, 2014
- Catholic convent, Maronite village latest targets of vandals in Israel - April 9th, 2014
- Jews and Christians in Huntsville set community Passover ... - April 9th, 2014
- Libya - Wikitravel - The Free Travel Guide - April 9th, 2014
- Is Jay Z Racist? Rapper Wears Medallion Of Group That Posits White Men Are The Devil, Five Percent Nation - April 8th, 2014
- Mormon Church states opposition to gay marriage but hints at subtler shift (+video) - April 7th, 2014
- Melech Thomas Introduces Minister Louis Farrakhan at Howard - Video - April 6th, 2014
- Is Immigration Really A вЂњJewish ValueвЂќ? - April 6th, 2014
- Syria Uprising and Civil War - Times Topics - The New ... - April 6th, 2014
- Holocaust Remembrance Conference focuses on stories of hiding - April 4th, 2014
- ISLAM The True Religion Of God Allah HD - Video - April 3rd, 2014
- Weyburn group raises concerns over controversial conference speaker - April 3rd, 2014
- How Vichy Made it Worse - April 3rd, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: