Conservatives Claim 'Bioshock Infinite' Video Game is Anti-Christian (Audio)
The video game Bioshock Infinite, which was released back on March 26, is being accused by some conservatives of being anti-American and anti-Christian.
Glenn Beck’s website TheBlaze.com found problems with the game’s designer, Ken Levine, questioning “American Exceptionalism” in an interview last year.
The current political conversation in America is exhaustingly the same conversation thats been going on for hundreds of years. We are very much like two countries. America has been this bifurcated thing for a long time,” Levine told International Business Times. The American Exceptionalism, theocracy-based power structure has been around the edges of American culture for a long time. BioShock Infinite gives it its full day in court.”
“American Exceptionalism” is the conservative claim that America is an exceptional country deemed by God, although there is no mention of America in the Bible.
The problem is that the representatives of this philosophy, the Founders, are straw men. Racist, xenophobic, religious fanatics, they are progressive caricatures of conservatives writ large, stripped of any subtlety; nothing but ugly monsters full of naked aggression and violent bigotry.
…The games antagonist, Zachary Hale Comstock, is the leader of the Founders faction and the lazy embodiment of every Tea Party stereotype youve ever heard: old, white, angry, and religious to the point that the citizens of Columbia refer to him as Father Comstock and the Prophet of the city.
On his “WallBuilders Live” radio show today, host and debunked Christian historian David Barton did not mention the video game by name, but appeared to be talking about Bioshock Infinite, reported RightWingWatch.org (audio below).
“There is a video game out now where the bad guys you are supposed to shoot are both conservatives and Christians,” said Barton. “So that’s the ones that kids are being taught you have to rule out … see, this is the kind of stuff that the Nazis started early on with young people and getting them to hate Jews, teaching them at Jews were bad and all the bad things that Jews did.”
Sources: RightWingWatch.org, TheBlaze.com, International Business Times
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
kill horned holocaust 2004
st malachy false
john schlotter hsbc attorney
white hooded fans
george zimmerman gang ties
speedhack cf download 2013
lupe fiasco anti semitic
christians mushrikeen killed
grand theft auto anti semitic
- Idaho Ministers Told Perform Gay Marriage or Go to Jail - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- Don Black - Official Site - October 21st, 2014
- Israel is Transforming Jerusalem into Jewish city, says Ashrawi - October 21st, 2014
- Bullard Intermediate Honor Rolls First Six Weeks - October 21st, 2014
- Was Adolf Hitler a Christian? - J. P. Holding, MA - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Opera v. truth: The fetid fouls of Death of Klinghoffer - October 19th, 2014
- Vatican meeting on family walks back liberal language on gay couples, divorce - October 19th, 2014
- Christian Evangelicals Push Aliyah and Jews Are Concerned - October 19th, 2014
- Christians, Jews Team Up to Fight Islamic Persecution ... - October 18th, 2014
- Tucker Israel aimed for a win, added a record - October 18th, 2014
- Zionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - October 18th, 2014
- Hon. Minister Farrakhan | NOI.org The Nation of Islam ... - October 18th, 2014
- Ali Sina: Sam Harris is wrong about Islam - October 17th, 2014
- WorldViews: When the West wanted Islam to curb Christian extremism - October 17th, 2014
- Watch VIDEO: Muslims Attack Christians in Denmark, â€śFilthy Christiansâ€ť â€śChristian whores, you should be stonedâ€ť - October 16th, 2014
- .@stopqatarnow Qatarâ€™s Jihad Against the Jews: Qatar Awareness Campaign - October 16th, 2014
- Christian Response to Terrorism - Video - October 16th, 2014
- Islamic Sudanese Air Force Bombs Church Complex in Nuba Mountains - October 15th, 2014
- Zionist Infiltration of the Christian Churches - Jim Condit Jr. - Video - October 15th, 2014
- L.A.s Iranian Jews must launch new Iran advocacy campaign - October 15th, 2014
- UK: Jihadist on Trial for Terror Plot to Assassinate Tony Blair, Bomb Synagogues because â€śOh you the believers, fight those of the infidel who are... - October 14th, 2014
- Vatican backtracks on gay comments - October 14th, 2014
- Israeli institute gets $2.2 million to help Christians study Jewish thought - October 14th, 2014
- In starkly different tone, Vatican report says gays should be welcome - October 13th, 2014
- B'nai B'rith Anti - Defamation League Stance On Christian Genocide: Silence To Appease Muslims - Video - October 12th, 2014
- Jihad in Nigeria: Boko Haram Slits the Necks of Christians Who Wonâ€™t Convert - October 11th, 2014
- Christian Women Raped into Embracing Islam - October 11th, 2014
- 'Jews for Jesus' missionary talks Christian growth from ... - October 11th, 2014
- Concert celebrates the Sarajevo Haggadah, a symbol of survival - October 10th, 2014
- Christian clerics urge recognition of Palestinian state - October 10th, 2014
- Imam Affleck - October 10th, 2014
- AFDI Bus Ads are UP and Rolling â€¦.. - October 10th, 2014
- Zakaria: Fareed Zakaria: Lets be honest, Islam has a problem right now - October 10th, 2014
- Letters to the editor: Teshuva, Seoul food and a minyan a day - October 8th, 2014
- 20 Pro-Israel Christian Lawmakers to Gather in Jerusalem - Video - October 7th, 2014
- Ashrawi: Opening 2nd Aqsa Gate to Jews Insulting to Muslims - October 7th, 2014
- Oct. 12 Explore the Bible: Grow in Christ! - October 7th, 2014
- Jihad in Russia: At least 5 police killed in suicide blast outside concert hall - October 6th, 2014
- Gina Miller: â€śPamela Geller maligned over counter-jihad adsâ€ť - October 6th, 2014
- ISIS targets find shelter - October 6th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: