Conservatives Claim 'Bioshock Infinite' Video Game is Anti-Christian (Audio)
The video game Bioshock Infinite, which was released back on March 26, is being accused by some conservatives of being anti-American and anti-Christian.
Glenn Beck’s website TheBlaze.com found problems with the game’s designer, Ken Levine, questioning “American Exceptionalism” in an interview last year.
The current political conversation in America is exhaustingly the same conversation thats been going on for hundreds of years. We are very much like two countries. America has been this bifurcated thing for a long time,” Levine told International Business Times. The American Exceptionalism, theocracy-based power structure has been around the edges of American culture for a long time. BioShock Infinite gives it its full day in court.”
“American Exceptionalism” is the conservative claim that America is an exceptional country deemed by God, although there is no mention of America in the Bible.
The problem is that the representatives of this philosophy, the Founders, are straw men. Racist, xenophobic, religious fanatics, they are progressive caricatures of conservatives writ large, stripped of any subtlety; nothing but ugly monsters full of naked aggression and violent bigotry.
…The games antagonist, Zachary Hale Comstock, is the leader of the Founders faction and the lazy embodiment of every Tea Party stereotype youve ever heard: old, white, angry, and religious to the point that the citizens of Columbia refer to him as Father Comstock and the Prophet of the city.
On his “WallBuilders Live” radio show today, host and debunked Christian historian David Barton did not mention the video game by name, but appeared to be talking about Bioshock Infinite, reported RightWingWatch.org (audio below).
“There is a video game out now where the bad guys you are supposed to shoot are both conservatives and Christians,” said Barton. “So that’s the ones that kids are being taught you have to rule out … see, this is the kind of stuff that the Nazis started early on with young people and getting them to hate Jews, teaching them at Jews were bad and all the bad things that Jews did.”
Sources: RightWingWatch.org, TheBlaze.com, International Business Times
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
black eyed peas anti semitic
hooters sued weight discrimination
katsucon jewish massacre
gangstalking toronto 2013
Who Mandela fighting rainbow nation?
omid djalili anti semitic
sara hypnotizes friend
- NATO War Games Send Warning to Moscow - Video - April 24th, 2014
- Stephen Burkhart - April 24th, 2014
- Why Israel may need to rethink its assumptions on Palestinian unity (+video) - April 23rd, 2014
- Christian Supremacy Strikes Again - April 23rd, 2014
- Israel Steps Up Effort To Recruit Christian Arabs for Army - April 22nd, 2014
- Israel to send call-up papers to Christian Arabs - April 22nd, 2014
- Hate in the Ozarks: A report from the Southern Poverty Law Center - April 21st, 2014
- Holy days converge in packed Old City Jerusalem - April 20th, 2014
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with huge crowd at Vatican - April 20th, 2014
- Holy Week in Jerusalem - April 19th, 2014
- Christians gather at Jerusalem church for lighting of 'holy fire' - April 19th, 2014
- Israel You wanna F***CK Me? I f**cked You already! IRAN! - Video - April 19th, 2014
- War and the peacemaker - April 19th, 2014
- A season of gratitude, no matter what you believe - April 18th, 2014
- Christian group releases bizarre video about Jesus and the Holocaust - April 18th, 2014
- Christians Try to Convert Jews With Video of Jesus as Holocaust Victim - April 18th, 2014
- Christians gather in Jerusalem to celebrate Good Friday - April 18th, 2014
- Jews for Jesus Releases 'That Jew Died for You' Video Ahead of Easter, Holocaust Remembrance Day - April 18th, 2014
- Anti-Semitism is not a thing of the past - April 18th, 2014
- Ukraine: Jewish registration leaflet is fake, but still 'grotesque' - April 17th, 2014
- Fight or flight: The nature of Judaism - April 17th, 2014
- Can Israel's natural gas reserves pump up regional peace? - April 17th, 2014
- Response to John Hagee IDOI Christian Zionism & Replacement Theology #1 - Video - April 17th, 2014
- South Dakota's Tiny Hillel Embraces Messianic Jews - April 17th, 2014
- David Cameron is a PM who does 'do God' - April 17th, 2014
- Ukraine: Russia Exporting Oil, Gas and 'Terrorism' - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Historian urges Turks to tell their Armenian story - April 17th, 2014
- David Cameron puts God back into politics - April 16th, 2014
- A CHRISTIAN STATE, HE SAYS! - April 16th, 2014
- Jerusalem riot at holy site dispersed by Israel police - April 16th, 2014
- The KKK Tries to Make A Comeback - April 16th, 2014
- The oldest hatred, forever young - April 16th, 2014
- Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn - Wikipedia, the free ... - April 15th, 2014
- Ukraine Travel: Your Ukrainian Guide for Things to Do ... - April 15th, 2014
- Suspect's intent was to kill Jews, experts say - April 15th, 2014
- Charles Krauthammer: Americas thought police on patrol - April 15th, 2014
- KKK leader reacts to Kansas shooting at Jewish centers - April 15th, 2014
- Jewish center shooting comes amid decade-long slide in anti-Jewish incidents (+video) - April 15th, 2014
- Red Cross warns collapse of humanitarian services in Gaza - April 14th, 2014
- Jewish center shooting comes amid decade-long slide in anti-Jewish incidents - April 14th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: