Conservatives Claim 'Bioshock Infinite' Video Game is Anti-Christian (Audio)
The video game Bioshock Infinite, which was released back on March 26, is being accused by some conservatives of being anti-American and anti-Christian.
Glenn Beck’s website TheBlaze.com found problems with the game’s designer, Ken Levine, questioning “American Exceptionalism” in an interview last year.
The current political conversation in America is exhaustingly the same conversation thats been going on for hundreds of years. We are very much like two countries. America has been this bifurcated thing for a long time,” Levine told International Business Times. The American Exceptionalism, theocracy-based power structure has been around the edges of American culture for a long time. BioShock Infinite gives it its full day in court.”
“American Exceptionalism” is the conservative claim that America is an exceptional country deemed by God, although there is no mention of America in the Bible.
The problem is that the representatives of this philosophy, the Founders, are straw men. Racist, xenophobic, religious fanatics, they are progressive caricatures of conservatives writ large, stripped of any subtlety; nothing but ugly monsters full of naked aggression and violent bigotry.
…The games antagonist, Zachary Hale Comstock, is the leader of the Founders faction and the lazy embodiment of every Tea Party stereotype youve ever heard: old, white, angry, and religious to the point that the citizens of Columbia refer to him as Father Comstock and the Prophet of the city.
On his “WallBuilders Live” radio show today, host and debunked Christian historian David Barton did not mention the video game by name, but appeared to be talking about Bioshock Infinite, reported RightWingWatch.org (audio below).
“There is a video game out now where the bad guys you are supposed to shoot are both conservatives and Christians,” said Barton. “So that’s the ones that kids are being taught you have to rule out … see, this is the kind of stuff that the Nazis started early on with young people and getting them to hate Jews, teaching them at Jews were bad and all the bad things that Jews did.”
Sources: RightWingWatch.org, TheBlaze.com, International Business Times
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
academy awards anti semitism
anti semitic jokes liners
lupe fiasco anti semitic
valentina romashova worked
dita von teese jewish
bn religious hate speech
israel christian nexus
watchtower exposed 2013
- Jihadi head says Gaza groups growing - March 9th, 2014
- Increased Hostility Against Jews And Roma In Hungary - March 9th, 2014
- Arab League refuses to recognize Israel as Jewish state - March 9th, 2014
- Christian 'Sexperts' Expose Dangers of Erotica as 'Fifty Shades' Tops 100 Million Sales, Prepares for Big Screen - March 9th, 2014
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korea oil tanker - March 8th, 2014
- Israel to display Iranian ship in hope of derailing talks with West - March 8th, 2014
- Painting Inspires Dialogue Between Jews and Catholics in Poland - March 7th, 2014
- P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu Warns: Pres. Obama To Back Off~~~! - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Dewey & LeBoeuf executives lied as their law firm failed, say prosecutors - March 7th, 2014
- Are Jews Christians - Answers.com Wiki - March 7th, 2014
- Extradition of Qaddafi's son puts ball in Libya's court - March 6th, 2014
- NC NAACP leader: Coal ash spill is disaster, sin - March 6th, 2014
- David Duke - The insanity of Christian zionism! - Video - March 6th, 2014
- Israel trumpets seizure of 'Iranian' weapons shipment (+video) - March 5th, 2014
- Revisiting the Daughter of Babylon, AKA USA, not Mecca or the Vatican - Video - March 5th, 2014
- Kentucky AG won't defend anti-gay marriage bill, but governor will - March 5th, 2014
- Kentucky AG won't defend anti-gay marriage bill, but governor will (+video) - March 5th, 2014
- Southern Poverty Law Center Releases State-By-State Interactive Map Of Where Hate Groups Operate - March 5th, 2014
- U.S. Jewish groups sold out Israel: Bachmann - March 5th, 2014
- Holy Land: Christian centre rejects 'divisive' new Israeli law - March 4th, 2014
- Rev. Al Sharpton speaks in Buffalo - March 4th, 2014
- Weather issues cut short Sharptons visit to Buffalo - March 4th, 2014
- Israel Takes Cue From Apartheid 'Divide-and-Rule' Playbook - March 4th, 2014
- Rethinking Christian position on sexual minorities - March 3rd, 2014
- Hollywood, the Oscars and the missing modern Jew - March 3rd, 2014
- Do Funders Like George Soros Pose a Threat to Evangelical Christian Support for Israel? - March 3rd, 2014
- Pastor: Ky. Gay Marriage Ruling Unconstitutional - Video - March 3rd, 2014
- RE: Louis Farrakhan: Farrakhan urges Christian-Muslim ties Amongst Blacks - Video - March 3rd, 2014
- Norwegian YMCA Embraces Boycott Israel Policy - March 2nd, 2014
- Lawyers Argue Gay Marriage Harmful to Children - Video - March 2nd, 2014
- Competing Nationalisms in Ukraine - March 2nd, 2014
- Terrorist Christians/Terrorist Jews/Terrorist Muslims backed by Fascist Terrorist Christian USA - Video - March 1st, 2014
- Palestinian fury as Israel moves to split Muslims, Christians - February 28th, 2014
- Holder: No Need to Defend Gay Marriage Bans - Video - February 28th, 2014
- Competing Nationalisms in the Ukraine - February 28th, 2014
- Extremism hinders helpful discourse, stirs hatred - February 28th, 2014
- ERACISM: A dark decade of KLAN activity aimed at local Latinos - February 28th, 2014
- Five Came Back - February 28th, 2014
- 02/26/2014 18:28 ISRAEL New Israeli 'divide and rule' law to separate Arab Christians and Muslims - February 26th, 2014
- Israeli law distinguishing between Christian, Muslim Arabs draws fire - February 26th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: