Dover Express published More Jedi in Doverthan Jews says census
DOVER has more Jedi than Jews, according to the latest census which also reveals a strong Christian contingency amongst residents.
There are 462 believers of the Star Wars-inspired religion in the district, compared to just 97 who follow Judaism.
USE THE FORCE: There are more Jedi, such as Yoda and Mace Windu, pictured, in Dover than Jews
SPIRITUAL PEOPLE: Rev Michael Hinton thinks Atheism is a “minority position” within the Dover district reflecting huge support for Christianity
But the combined force of all the Jedi is overwhelmed by the 71,541 Christians in Dover almost three-quarters of the district’s population and the second-highest percentage in Kent.
Express columnist, Rev Michael Hinton, said the number of people claiming to be Jedi in the district is “probably a bit frivolous”.
When asked if the high proportion of Christians was reflected in the number of Dover church-goers, Rev Hinton said: “No, definitely not.
“I think I would say that most people are still spiritual and most people express their spirituality by being loyal to Christianity.
“But they don’t feel the need to practice their Christianity by church-going.”
Figures from the latest National Census were released last month and have revealed some other interesting religious trends in the region.
Read more from the original source:
Dover Express published More Jedi in Doverthan Jews says census
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
torrent dr david neiman
harlem shake meaning anti christian
geert wilders indonesian
miss versi slow
eline hoekstra dresden
yusuf patel batley george galloway
sephardic jews friesland
illumanti family gerald levin
war thunder free eagles
- Robert P. George: Gay Marriage and Religious Freedom Cannot Coexist - October 24th, 2014
- KKK flier distributed in neighborhood - October 24th, 2014
- KKK Fliers Distributed In Bentonville Neighborhood - October 24th, 2014
- KKK Letter Causes Concern in Bentonville Neighborhood - October 24th, 2014
- Column: Local woman chronicles family's Holocaust experience because they lived - October 24th, 2014
- Jerusalem: Christian, Jewish & Muslim clergy discuss faith & ecology - October 23rd, 2014
- Swiss coffee company uses picture of Hitler's face on novelty milk lids - October 23rd, 2014
- Idaho Ministers Told Perform Gay Marriage or Go to Jail - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- Don Black - Official Site - October 21st, 2014
- Israel is Transforming Jerusalem into Jewish city, says Ashrawi - October 21st, 2014
- Bullard Intermediate Honor Rolls First Six Weeks - October 21st, 2014
- Was Adolf Hitler a Christian? - J. P. Holding, MA - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Opera v. truth: The fetid fouls of Death of Klinghoffer - October 19th, 2014
- Vatican meeting on family walks back liberal language on gay couples, divorce - October 19th, 2014
- Christian Evangelicals Push Aliyah and Jews Are Concerned - October 19th, 2014
- Christians, Jews Team Up to Fight Islamic Persecution ... - October 18th, 2014
- Tucker Israel aimed for a win, added a record - October 18th, 2014
- Hon. Minister Farrakhan | NOI.org The Nation of Islam ... - October 18th, 2014
- Ali Sina: Sam Harris is wrong about Islam - October 17th, 2014
- WorldViews: When the West wanted Islam to curb Christian extremism - October 17th, 2014
- Watch VIDEO: Muslims Attack Christians in Denmark, â€śFilthy Christiansâ€ť â€śChristian whores, you should be stonedâ€ť - October 16th, 2014
- .@stopqatarnow Qatarâ€™s Jihad Against the Jews: Qatar Awareness Campaign - October 16th, 2014
- Christian Response to Terrorism - Video - October 16th, 2014
- Islamic Sudanese Air Force Bombs Church Complex in Nuba Mountains - October 15th, 2014
- Zionist Infiltration of the Christian Churches - Jim Condit Jr. - Video - October 15th, 2014
- L.A.s Iranian Jews must launch new Iran advocacy campaign - October 15th, 2014
- UK: Jihadist on Trial for Terror Plot to Assassinate Tony Blair, Bomb Synagogues because â€śOh you the believers, fight those of the infidel who are... - October 14th, 2014
- Vatican backtracks on gay comments - October 14th, 2014
- Israeli institute gets $2.2 million to help Christians study Jewish thought - October 14th, 2014
- In starkly different tone, Vatican report says gays should be welcome - October 13th, 2014
- B'nai B'rith Anti - Defamation League Stance On Christian Genocide: Silence To Appease Muslims - Video - October 12th, 2014
- Jihad in Nigeria: Boko Haram Slits the Necks of Christians Who Wonâ€™t Convert - October 11th, 2014
- Christian Women Raped into Embracing Islam - October 11th, 2014
- 'Jews for Jesus' missionary talks Christian growth from ... - October 11th, 2014
- Concert celebrates the Sarajevo Haggadah, a symbol of survival - October 10th, 2014
- Christian clerics urge recognition of Palestinian state - October 10th, 2014
- Imam Affleck - October 10th, 2014
- AFDI Bus Ads are UP and Rolling â€¦.. - October 10th, 2014
- Zakaria: Fareed Zakaria: Lets be honest, Islam has a problem right now - October 10th, 2014
- Letters to the editor: Teshuva, Seoul food and a minyan a day - October 8th, 2014
January 7, 2013 Tags: a-bit-frivolous, Christian, christianity, definitely-not, district, from-the-latest, generated, interesting, latest, said-the-number, spirituality-, still-spiritual, the-district, wars-inspired Posted in: Christian
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: