Echo Park stabbings caught on tape may be hate crimes
Police are trying to identify three possible hate-crime suspects seen in a security video stabbing two gay-rights advocates in Echo Park after allegedly yelling homophobic slurs at them.
The victims were stabbed May 24 as they left a liquor store shortly before midnight, officials said. They were walking toward a bus stop at Echo Park Avenue and Montana Street when they were confronted by two men and one woman, KTLA reported.
On Wednesday evening, the LAPD released video from a security camera that shows three people walking past the victims. A neighbor said she heard the three hurling homophobic slurs.
One of the men broke away from the group and ran toward the two victims, the video shows. The man stabbed the first victim in the hip, fracturing his pelvis, KTLA reported. A few moments later, the victim’s friend ran after the suspect.
- Hate Crimes Race Talk - Video - May 18th, 2013
- Mosque in US, target of hate crimes - Video - May 18th, 2013
- Brutal Vicious Gay Attack At 33rd St Station In NY Hate Crimes Out of Control in City - Video - May 18th, 2013
- [Trailer] #RacistLefty is Sentenced for hate crimes (But How?) - Video - May 18th, 2013
- Parents talk about murdered son at UMA hate crimes conference - May 18th, 2013
- Hate Crimes Period 4 - Video - May 15th, 2013
- Lil B Complex Hate Crimes - HotNewHipHop - Video - May 15th, 2013
- Hate Crimes in the Heartland - Video - May 15th, 2013
- PSA Hate Crimes - Video - May 15th, 2013
- Efforts to decrease hate crimes against Sikhs in USA - May 15th, 2013
- FIA VS FIA Hate Crimes - Video - May 13th, 2013
- Rep. Tammy Baldwin on Hate Crimes bill - 2007 Int'l Gay - May 13th, 2013
- Hello North America - Hate crimes - 8 May 2013 - Video - May 10th, 2013
- Countdown: Hagel, Hate Crimes - May 9th, 2013
- Youtube Poop: Austin Tigner Commits Arson and Hate Crimes - Video - May 9th, 2013
- Hate Crimes Against Women In The USA - Video - May 9th, 2013
- Bay City men charged with felony hate crimes plead down to misdemeanor assault charges - May 8th, 2013
- Hate crimes against the homeless remain a problem - May 8th, 2013
- history project, discrimination and hate crimes - Video - May 5th, 2013
- Race hate crimes must be severely punished - Medvedev - Video - May 5th, 2013
- Hate Crimes Involving Race, Gender, - May 5th, 2013
- FLA Pagan Witch Says Hate Crimes Target Home Kryja Withers Says Shots Fired Since Boston Bombings - Video - May 5th, 2013
- Pagan Witch Believes Hate Crimes Target Home - Kryja Withers Shots Fired Since Boston Bombings - Video - May 5th, 2013
- Real Pagan Witch Hate Crimes Target Home - Kryja Withers Shots Fired Since Boston Bombings - Video - May 5th, 2013
- Pagan Witch Says Hate Crimes Target Home Kryja Withers Says Shots Fired Since Boston Bombings - Video - May 5th, 2013
- Obama acknowledges rising hate crimes in American society - May 4th, 2013
- Sights set on hate crimes - May 4th, 2013
- Rev. Stephen V. Sprinkle, Ph.D.: Remembering the Victims of Gay Hate Crimes Until Justice Comes - April 30th, 2013
- Hate Crimes and Islamophobia in the United States - Video - April 27th, 2013
- Race Based Hate Crimes - Video - April 27th, 2013
- New York Civil Rights Violation Lawyer David Perecman Warns Against Hate Crimes -- All Muslims Not Accountable for ... - April 25th, 2013
- TBI: Reporting errors account for sharp rise in TN hate crimes - April 25th, 2013
- Hamilton hate crimes dip amid rise in â€˜ambiguousâ€™ incidents - April 25th, 2013
- For every three hate crimes, two go unreported, Fort Wayne audience is told - April 25th, 2013
- Complete News - Israel asked to act on hate crimes - Video - April 24th, 2013
- Insider Exclusive - Episode 42: Hate Crimes - Justice for Sylvester Wilson - Video - April 24th, 2013
- Legislative Update 4/19: Hate Crimes, and School Clubs and Employment - Oh My! - Video - April 24th, 2013
- Fear Of Arab Hate Crimes After Boston Bombing | HPL - Video - April 24th, 2013
- Race War? - Interracial Crime, Racism - April 20th, 2013
- East Coast Ballet's Prayer - April 20th, 2013
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: