Akbar Owaisi sent to jail till Feb 7 in another hate speech case
Hyderabad, Jan 24 (IANS) A court in Andhra Pradesh’s Nizamabad district Thursday sent MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi to judicial custody in another hate speech case.
The police shifted Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator from Adilabad, where he is already lodged in a jail, to Nizamabad town, 175 km from here, and produced him before a magistrate, who sent Owaisi to jail till Feb 7 for delivering a hate speech in the town last month.
Following the magistrate’s orders, the police shifted the MIM leader back to jail in Adilabad town, about 300 km from here.
Police produced Akbar Owaisi a few hours after the court granted it time till Jan 31 to do so.
Akbar Owaisi was arrested by the police Jan 8 for making a hate speech at a public meeting at Nirmal on Dec 22. The next day, a court in Nirmal town sent him to judicial custody for two weeks. His custody was later extended till Feb 5.
A member of the state assembly from Chandrayangutta constituency in Hyderabad, Owaisi is facing charges of sedition, waging war against the nation and promoting enmity between people.
Cases were also booked against him in several police stations in Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy and other districts on complaints lodged by individuals.
Continue reading here:
- Facebookâ€™s hate speech problem - May 24th, 2013
- Facebook defends position on hate speech - May 24th, 2013
- A Map of U.S. Hate Speech on Twitter - May 20th, 2013
- 'UP Govt Has to Bring Out Truth on Varun's Hate Speech' - May 19th, 2013
- Hate speech case fixed to help Varun, says Tehelka - May 18th, 2013
- Varun refutes magazine claim on hate speech - May 18th, 2013
- Varun Gandhi refutes magazine claim on hate speech - May 18th, 2013
- Hate speech: UP to appeal against Varun Gandhi's acquittal - May 15th, 2013
- Varun Gandhi fixed hate speech case, says Tehelka - May 15th, 2013
- Hate Speech: SP Helped Varun Go Scot Free, Says Beni - May 15th, 2013
- UP Govt to challenge Varun Gandhi in hate speech, vandalism case - May 15th, 2013
- Politics over Varun Gandhi's acquittal in hate speech cases - May 15th, 2013
- Hate Speech: UP Govt to Challenge Varun's Acquittal - May 15th, 2013
- A map of hate speech on Twitter -- sort of - May 15th, 2013
- Hate speech or religious freedom? Marriage Rally -Chicago Heights - 5-11-2013 - Video - May 13th, 2013
- Hate Speech: Ramadoss Gets Bail - May 10th, 2013
- 'Stop sending hate speech' - May 9th, 2013
- Rights group presses Twitter on 'hate speech' - May 9th, 2013
- WHO SPEWS HATE? THERE IS HATE SPEECH, AND HATE SPEECH - May 6th, 2013
- Nonbailable warrant issued against Akbaruddin Owaisi for 'hate speech' - Video - May 5th, 2013
- Pamela Geller's Truth Is Hate Speech - Video - May 5th, 2013
- Hate speeches: Clean chit to Varun Gandhi - May 5th, 2013
- Varun Gandhi exonerated in hate speech case - May 4th, 2013
- Former union minister Ramadoss arrested in hate speech case - May 4th, 2013
- Hate speech: Former Union minister Anbumani Ramadoss arrested in Chennai - May 4th, 2013
- Anbumani arrested for hate speech - May 4th, 2013
- The Way It Oughta Be: Hate Speech - May 4th, 2013
- Bible considered hate speech - Video - May 3rd, 2013
- Hate speech: Ex-union health minister Ramadoss arrested - May 3rd, 2013
- NBW against Akbaruddin in hate speech case - May 3rd, 2013
- Hate speech: Court issues NBW against Akbaruddin - May 3rd, 2013
- UP government puts off appeal against Varun in hate speech - May 1st, 2013
- Military Chaplains Must Contend With 'Hate Speech' Accusations; Inclusive Prayers Not an Issue, Senate Chaplain Says - May 1st, 2013
- Govts must have courage to act against hate speech makers: SC - April 30th, 2013
- Act against hate speech makers, SC tells government - April 30th, 2013
- Marian University Academic Symposium 2013 - Hate Speech or Harmless College Prank - Video - April 27th, 2013
- That Joe's Name Calling and Hate Speech - Video - April 27th, 2013
- OREGON DUCKS FANS DROPPIN SOME HATE SPEECH ON OSU BEAVERS FANS - Video - April 27th, 2013
- Hate Speech is Free Speech - Video - April 27th, 2013
- K'taka Dy CM Gets Anticipatory Bail in Hate Speech Case - April 25th, 2013
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: