Akbar Owaisi sent to jail till Feb 7 in another hate speech case
Hyderabad, Jan 24 (IANS) A court in Andhra Pradesh’s Nizamabad district Thursday sent MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi to judicial custody in another hate speech case.
The police shifted Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator from Adilabad, where he is already lodged in a jail, to Nizamabad town, 175 km from here, and produced him before a magistrate, who sent Owaisi to jail till Feb 7 for delivering a hate speech in the town last month.
Following the magistrate’s orders, the police shifted the MIM leader back to jail in Adilabad town, about 300 km from here.
Police produced Akbar Owaisi a few hours after the court granted it time till Jan 31 to do so.
Akbar Owaisi was arrested by the police Jan 8 for making a hate speech at a public meeting at Nirmal on Dec 22. The next day, a court in Nirmal town sent him to judicial custody for two weeks. His custody was later extended till Feb 5.
A member of the state assembly from Chandrayangutta constituency in Hyderabad, Owaisi is facing charges of sedition, waging war against the nation and promoting enmity between people.
Cases were also booked against him in several police stations in Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy and other districts on complaints lodged by individuals.
Continue reading here:
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
Christian, muslem jewish debates 2013
arab sex levi
israel iran bible
sair west bank
syrian tanks blown
jews oskar 2013
tangled anti semitic
kkk prime ministers 1920s
exhibition holocaust LGBTI
- Massive controversy over Togadia's reported hate speech - Video - April 22nd, 2014
- News 360: EC seeks report on Praveen Togadia's hate speech - Video - April 22nd, 2014
- Row over Togadia's reported hate speech, Congress files complaint - April 22nd, 2014
- Congress goes to EC over Togadia remark - April 22nd, 2014
- Rwanda: Campaign Launched to Fight Hate Speech in African Media - April 22nd, 2014
- Row over Togadia's reported hate speech, Congress files complaint (Intro Roundup) - April 22nd, 2014
- I wonder if a govt. exists in Gujarat: Meem Afzal - April 22nd, 2014
- AAP wants Togadia arrested for hate speech; BJP, RSS defend him - April 22nd, 2014
- LIVE! Togadia blames 'conspiracy' for hate speech, sends notices to media houses - April 22nd, 2014
- FIR filed against VHP's Pravin Togadia for alleged hate speech - April 22nd, 2014
- India- Book VHP leader for hate speech: Congress - April 22nd, 2014
- AAP wants Togadia arrested for hate speech - April 22nd, 2014
- Glenn Beck: Hate Speech - Video - April 21st, 2014
- Azam Khan refuses to apologise, attacks Narendra Modi for 'puppy' remark - Video - April 21st, 2014
- JJD Raint (Read Description Please) - Video - April 21st, 2014
- I Cheated Russia's White Death (1955) - April 19th, 2014
- Court Asked To Restrain Owaisi's Hate Speech Video On YouTube - Video - April 19th, 2014
- EC censures Amit Shah, Azam Khan for hate speech - Video - April 19th, 2014
- Africa: Rwanda Hosts Media Dialogue On Turning the Page of Hate Media in Africa - April 19th, 2014
- Azam Khan denies 'apology' for hate speech, questions Election Commission's move towards Amit Shah - April 19th, 2014
- Ban on hate speech by the Election Commission - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Hate speech brutally described - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Imran Masood Hate speech Complete Unedited - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Azam Khan, Amit Shah's Hate Speech CDs Under Scrutiny - TOI - Video - April 17th, 2014
- 'Hate speech' case dropped against Bob Dylan - April 17th, 2014
- French Court Dismisses Hate Speech Case Against Dylan - April 17th, 2014
- Race hate: Brandis plan watered down - April 17th, 2014
- Lawmakers Call for Examination of Hate Speech in Media - April 17th, 2014
- Hate speech: Election Commission censures Amit Shah, Azam Khan - April 17th, 2014
- Regulation of Fighting Words and Hate Speech - April 16th, 2014
- Five charts on hate groups and hate crime in the U.S. - April 16th, 2014
- Security operation said to ignite hate speech - April 16th, 2014
- Bob Dylan Cleared in French 'Hate Speech' Case - April 16th, 2014
- Killing Jews in Kansas - April 16th, 2014
- The shootings in Kansas - April 16th, 2014
- Murder charges in Kansas City shooting: what's needed to call it a hate crime - April 16th, 2014
- Bob Dylan: Frances Hate Speech Lawsuit Dropped - April 16th, 2014
- Mallipattinam Clash: 22 Arrested on Hate Speech Charges - April 16th, 2014
- SIDEBAR: UN advocates immediate steps to de-escalate Ukraine tensions By Albert Otti and Thomas Burmeister, dpa - April 16th, 2014
- Amit Shah seeks EC to think over the 'Hate Speech' decision applied to him - Video - April 15th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: