Holocaust survivor shares survival story with students
February 26, 2013 Updated Feb 26, 2013 at 6:24 PM EST
Vestal, NY (WBNG Binghamton) 90-year-old Dina Jacobson never imagined she’d share her story of surviving a concentration camp with anyone.
But 23 years ago, she started speaking at schools including Vestal High School.
Her approach simple, she takes a seat and begins answering student questions.
‘Every night,” she said to one student, “They came in to pick people to go to the gas chamber, we never knew who was going to live or who was going to die.”
For students, it was a chance to learn history from the source.
A history marred by pain.
“I was thinking every minute, we will be dead, nothing else,” she said to another student.
Jacobson was taken to Auschwitz when she was 16 years old.
Now, she’s addressing a class full of 16-year-old students.
Read the original here:
Holocaust survivor shares survival story with students
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
russia stole romanians gold
daniel bar mitzvah
speedhack cf download 2013
candida moss jew
vanity fair seal team six
csu cagayan scandal
john jesuses roles
jews hollywood illuminati
- Holocaust @ Black Kvlt Fest 10/18/19 pt.4 - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Holocaust @ Black Kvlt Fest 10/18/19 pt.3 - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Dispose-After The Holocaust - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Choosing a Good Life: Holocaust Survivor Emery Jacoby on Hugging and Kissing Everyone - Video - October 19th, 2014
- The Coming Global Holocaust Tom Horn and Steve Quayle on The Hagmann & Hagmann R - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Choosing a Good Life: Holocaust Survivor Emery Jacoby on Worrying - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Holocaust survivor honoured for heroism and reconciliation work - October 18th, 2014
- Living history: A Jewish family's escape from Nazi Germany - October 17th, 2014
- Dentists volunteer to treat Holocaust survivors - October 17th, 2014
- WorldViews: Pudding Man who left Israel for Germany reveals his identity - October 17th, 2014
- Christian Holocaust - Ebola - Nuclear War - Don't worry - NWO is Coming - Video - October 17th, 2014
- Rising from the ashes: Holocaust survivor earns diploma - October 17th, 2014
- Holocaust Denial on Egyptian TV Zionism Played a Role in the Holocaust - Video - October 16th, 2014
- Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif We Will Fight Zionists Allegations about Holocaust Denial - Video - October 16th, 2014
- London University Row Over 'Eurocentric and Colonialist' Holocaust Remembrance Rejection - October 16th, 2014
- Goldsmiths University Row As Holocaust Motion Voted Down Over 'Colonial' Fears - October 16th, 2014
- Syrian Torture Victims US Holocaust Memorial Museum Washington - Video - October 16th, 2014
- New documentary tells improbable Holocaust survival story of Roman Polanski's producer - October 16th, 2014
- New film tells Holocaust story of Polanski ally - October 16th, 2014
- DOAJ Wicked Wednesday Podcast # 2 - Video - October 16th, 2014
- Defecation of Putrid Blood - Visceral Holocaust (Official) - Video - October 16th, 2014
- Toxic holocaust-death brings death (live) - Video - October 15th, 2014
- U.S. Holocaust Museum displays graphic photographs of Syrian victims - October 15th, 2014
- Holocaust Museum Shows Images of Syrian Killings - October 15th, 2014
- AFRICAN HOLOCAUST DAY CELEBRATED - Video - October 15th, 2014
- Photos inside Syria's torture chambers on display at US Holocaust Museum - October 15th, 2014
- "Six Million Jews Were Killed During The Holocaust And I Saw The Documentation" - Video - October 15th, 2014
- Exhibition of Syria torture photos shows 'depravity' of Assad regime - October 14th, 2014
- American Experience America and the Holocaust [Documentaries Full Length] - Video - October 14th, 2014
- Toxic Holocaust - Endless Armageddon (Clash club SP 2014) - Video - October 14th, 2014
- Toxic Holocaust - War Is Hell & 666 (Live at Stonehenge Rock Bar BH/MG 05-10-2014) - Video - October 14th, 2014
- Holocaust denial video praised in letters from lawmakers' offices - October 14th, 2014
- Holocaust survivor is keynote OFlaherty speaker - October 14th, 2014
- Toxic Holocaust - Reaper's Grave - Death Brings Death - I Am Disease ( Teatro Odissia - 09:/10/14) - Video - October 13th, 2014
- Museums adjust to the selfie age - October 13th, 2014
- Hitler was asexual and climaxed just by looking at Eva Braun rather than touching her, new book ... - October 13th, 2014
- Dance teacher joins essayists to have their say on Holocaust memorial at Downing Street - October 12th, 2014
- Adolf Hitler: The Movie - Video - October 12th, 2014
- Holocaust major theme in authors books - October 12th, 2014
- Holocaust Museum, Evanston YWCA opens new exhibition on race - October 12th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: