Holocaust survivor shares survival story with students
February 26, 2013 Updated Feb 26, 2013 at 6:24 PM EST
Vestal, NY (WBNG Binghamton) 90-year-old Dina Jacobson never imagined she’d share her story of surviving a concentration camp with anyone.
But 23 years ago, she started speaking at schools including Vestal High School.
Her approach simple, she takes a seat and begins answering student questions.
‘Every night,” she said to one student, “They came in to pick people to go to the gas chamber, we never knew who was going to live or who was going to die.”
For students, it was a chance to learn history from the source.
A history marred by pain.
“I was thinking every minute, we will be dead, nothing else,” she said to another student.
Jacobson was taken to Auschwitz when she was 16 years old.
Now, she’s addressing a class full of 16-year-old students.
Read the original here:
Holocaust survivor shares survival story with students
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
spindletop richard schmidt
spurgeon anti semitism
kkk nahunta ga newspaper gallery
pashtun jewish 2012
www sex arabs com
bill cosby 83 tired speech
herb kelleher jew
- RWW News: Huckabee: Abortion Rights & Gay Marriage Doom America, Legal Abortion Worse Than Holocaust - Video - November 28th, 2014
- Holocaust survivor Al Marks to share story as part of Texas A&M Hillel's Holocaust Survivor Lecture Series - November 27th, 2014
- What Really Happened Radio November 26 2014 - Video - November 27th, 2014
- Holocaust not taught in education institutions George Galloway on the Holocaust - Video - November 27th, 2014
- Woman reunited with hero who saved her life during Holocaust - Video - November 27th, 2014
- Steel Pulse - 2004 - African Holocaust (FULL ALBUM) - Video - November 27th, 2014
- Foreclosure dispute resolved for Holocaust survivor - Video - November 26th, 2014
- Holocaust survivor reunited with rescuer in NYC - November 26th, 2014
- Holocaust survivor reunited with childhood friend who saved her from Nazis - November 26th, 2014
- Armageddon Holocaust - The Seven Churches of Apokalypse - Video - November 26th, 2014
- Andr M. Goodfriend a Roma Holocaust 70. vforduljn - Video - November 26th, 2014
- Holocaust victims' shoes stolen from museum - November 26th, 2014
- Holocaust victims' shoes stolen - November 26th, 2014
- New era for Iran's Jews - November 26th, 2014
- Duke Nukem 3D ATOMIC - Eduke32 Polymer Duke Plus - Hollywood Holocaust - Video - November 26th, 2014
- EP-0161 Steven Spielberg, Schindler's List and the Holocaust Hoax - Video - November 25th, 2014
- 8 shoes of Holocaust victims stolen from former concentration camp of Majdanek in Poland - November 25th, 2014
- 8 shoes of Holocaust victims stolen in Poland - November 25th, 2014
- W. G. Sebald's Literary Capital: The Sebald Effect in Holocaust Literature - Video - November 25th, 2014
- Holocaust survivor David Tuck shares his experience at Gwynedd Mercy University - November 25th, 2014
- Holocaust survivor speaks about tolerance, bullying - November 24th, 2014
- documentary The Native American Holocaust documentary bbc - Video - November 24th, 2014
- Grandson of Rudolf Hoess Attends Budapest Holocaust Commemoration - November 24th, 2014
- METAL MOOSE RADIO TURKEY HOLOCAUST (made with Spreaker) - Video - November 24th, 2014
- Holocaust art: Aged child by boarded-up ghetto shop-window w/ child's drawing on it / A.K.Segan - Video - November 23rd, 2014
- Holocaust Medical Experiments - Video - November 23rd, 2014
- U.S Holocaust Museum Opens Exhibit on War Crimes in Syria - November 23rd, 2014
- John Henrik Clarke Christopher Columbus And The African Holocaust - Video - November 22nd, 2014
- Black Holocaust Museum founder's book prepared for reprinting - November 22nd, 2014
- The Holocaust and White Guilt - Video - November 21st, 2014
- 'Shadows From My Past' confronts Austria's role in the Holocaust - November 21st, 2014
- October 2014 Breaking News remembering Jewish Holocaust WWII concentration camps - Video - November 21st, 2014
- Museum visit - November 21st, 2014
- Black Blood - Awakening of the Black Holocaust - Video - November 21st, 2014
- Moving and shaking: L.A. Sephardic Jewish Film Festival, Beth Chayim Chadashim and more - November 21st, 2014
- EAST WINDSOR: An evening with Anne Frank's stepsister - November 21st, 2014
- Holocaust Museum Houston to offer special tours focused on life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer - November 21st, 2014
- Holocaust Survivor Fighting Wells Fargo Foreclosure - Video - November 21st, 2014
- Holocaust survivor won't back down to bank - November 20th, 2014
- Holocaust Survivor Fighting With Bank - November 20th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: