Holocaust survivor shares survival story with students
February 26, 2013 Updated Feb 26, 2013 at 6:24 PM EST
Vestal, NY (WBNG Binghamton) 90-year-old Dina Jacobson never imagined she’d share her story of surviving a concentration camp with anyone.
But 23 years ago, she started speaking at schools including Vestal High School.
Her approach simple, she takes a seat and begins answering student questions.
‘Every night,” she said to one student, “They came in to pick people to go to the gas chamber, we never knew who was going to live or who was going to die.”
For students, it was a chance to learn history from the source.
A history marred by pain.
“I was thinking every minute, we will be dead, nothing else,” she said to another student.
Jacobson was taken to Auschwitz when she was 16 years old.
Now, she’s addressing a class full of 16-year-old students.
Read the original here:
Holocaust survivor shares survival story with students
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
breaking jewish code free download
Kuttay Ka Bacha Praveen Togadia
sexy legs isrel
Wakisela nimefanya nini
famous speeches amalikites genocide
america@negrose sex videos
- EAST WINDSOR: An evening with Anne Frank's stepsister - November 21st, 2014
- Holocaust Museum Houston to offer special tours focused on life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer - November 21st, 2014
- Holocaust survivor won't back down to bank - November 20th, 2014
- Holocaust Survivor Fighting Wells Fargo Over Fees - November 20th, 2014
- 'Three Minutes in Poland' offers glimpse of world lost to Holocaust - November 20th, 2014
- Jerusalem synagogue attack: Day later, site is symbol of faith, determination (+video) - November 20th, 2014
- Holocaust Survivor Edith Englander - Video - November 19th, 2014
- Holocaust survivor David Tuck speaks to faculty, staff and students as well as members of the outsi - Video - November 19th, 2014
- Pure History Specials - Hidden Heroes of the Holocaust: Remembering the Rescuers - Video - November 19th, 2014
- Impoverished Holocaust Survivor Receives Crucial Assistance - Video - November 19th, 2014
- Gilad Atzmon Now an Open Holocaust Denier - November 19th, 2014
- The Holocaust Jalen Stoker - Video - November 19th, 2014
- Letter: Christians anti-Jewish bias led to Holocaust - November 19th, 2014
- Legacy Project: The Hidden Child of the Holocaust - Video - November 19th, 2014
- Anti-Defamation League official highlights work to combat hate speech, crimes - November 19th, 2014
- Holocaust memorial should be returned to its rightful home - November 18th, 2014
- Book details Holocaust's effects on man, father - November 18th, 2014
- Roman Talikowski honoured at Canberra ceremony for saving Jews from ghetto - November 18th, 2014
- Sacrilegious Throne - Summer of the Diabolical Holocaust (Cover Sample) - Video - November 18th, 2014
- HLEF distributes documentary about 'White Rose' - November 17th, 2014
- Jonathan Iwry | Reclaiming Zionism - November 17th, 2014
- the quote unquote show 4, part 1 Magician Holocaust - Video - November 16th, 2014
- Jews and Holocaust Denial - Video - November 16th, 2014
- Family history comes to life: Dress designs lost in Holocaust uncovered - November 15th, 2014
- Family history come to life: Lost Holocaust-era dress designs uncovered - Video - November 15th, 2014
- The Forensic Evidence Against The "Holocaust" - Video - November 15th, 2014
- Harleton students see Holocaust unit as life-changing - November 15th, 2014
- Auschwitz bookkeeper may be last Nazi tried in Germany for war crimes - November 15th, 2014
- Holocaust Survivor Shares Story in Springdale - November 15th, 2014
- The Holocaust... Why? With Mrs. Eva Unterman - Video - November 14th, 2014
- Watchung Hills students visit Holocaust Museum - November 14th, 2014
- William Baker Festival Singers KC performs SONGS OF THE HOLOCAUST - Video - November 14th, 2014
- Holocaust - Encyclopedia.com | Free Online Encyclopedia - November 14th, 2014
- Holocaust History for East Pennsboro HS Seniors - Video - November 13th, 2014
- Zionist Christians Teach Jewish Heresy | Real Jew News - November 13th, 2014
- Holocaust survivor to speak at ETSU - November 13th, 2014
- The Arts Page | Program | #307 -- Stitching History from the Holocaust - Video - November 13th, 2014
- Kathy Kacer shares Holocaust stories with Cape Breton students - November 13th, 2014
- Holocaust survivors daughter learns how to escape lifelong struggle with anxiety, resentment and an - Video - November 13th, 2014
- Holocaust exhibition on view at 1916 courthouse - November 13th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: