Holocaust survivor shares survival story with students
February 26, 2013 Updated Feb 26, 2013 at 6:24 PM EST
Vestal, NY (WBNG Binghamton) 90-year-old Dina Jacobson never imagined she’d share her story of surviving a concentration camp with anyone.
But 23 years ago, she started speaking at schools including Vestal High School.
Her approach simple, she takes a seat and begins answering student questions.
‘Every night,” she said to one student, “They came in to pick people to go to the gas chamber, we never knew who was going to live or who was going to die.”
For students, it was a chance to learn history from the source.
A history marred by pain.
“I was thinking every minute, we will be dead, nothing else,” she said to another student.
Jacobson was taken to Auschwitz when she was 16 years old.
Now, she’s addressing a class full of 16-year-old students.
Read the original here:
Holocaust survivor shares survival story with students
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
maccabi jerusalem boxing club
towson university antisemitism
israel palestinr rough draft
anti semitic celebrities list
dead mine hd movie
anti semitism wright
relation jews blood rozanov pdf
- 2014: The Worst Holocaust Denial Video in the History of Holocaust Denial - June 8th, 2014
- Jewish responses to the European elections - May 28th, 2014
- Pope Francis honors Holocaust survivors in Israel - May 26th, 2014
- Pope honors Holocaust survivors in Israel - May 26th, 2014
- Pope Mourns Holocaust, Honors Herzl to Conclude Holy Land Visit - May 26th, 2014
- Pope honours Holocaust survivors - May 26th, 2014
- "Mirrors" a Collaborative Video Installation by Marc Dennis and Liron Unreich Features Stories of Six Holocaust ... - May 26th, 2014
- Pope prays at Western Wall, honours Holocaust victims in Jerusalem - May 26th, 2014
- Pope honours Holocaust, terror victims in Israel - May 26th, 2014
- Pope pays tribute to Holocaust, terror victims in Israel - May 26th, 2014
- Pope honors Holocaust, terror victims in Israel - May 26th, 2014
- Commentary: Vigilance needed to fight anti-Semitism at home, abroad - May 26th, 2014
- Dieudonn, SHOAH NANAS (Holocaust Pineapples) IN ENGLISH! - Video - May 26th, 2014
- [Download eBook] Republican Party Animal: The "Bad Boy of Holocaust History" [PDF/EPUB] - Video - May 25th, 2014
- 6 Million Holocaust? Occult Significance - Video - May 24th, 2014
- HOLOCAUST FREEDOM OF SPEECH CONFERENCE - Video - May 24th, 2014
- Holocaust survivor Max Glauben shares tale of survival at Clarksburg Elementary School - May 23rd, 2014
- Top Documentary Films: Unknown Heroes of the Holocaust Full Holocaust Documentary - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- Eichmann's Israeli interrogator reburied in Berlin - May 23rd, 2014
- Half The World Doesn't Know About The Holocaust Myth! - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- Library hosts Holocaust Remembrance Day event - May 23rd, 2014
- 'Evansville Remembers' exhibit reflects on Holocaust - May 23rd, 2014
- Ann Coulter Says Liberals Are Equating Claims Of A Global Warming Hoax To Holocaust Denial - May 23rd, 2014
- Michael Gerson: Holocaust memories must survive - May 23rd, 2014
- 'Holocaust tweet' councillor inquiry - May 22nd, 2014
- Mind Holocaust - Slay Them 2014 - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- Saint Benedict Academy principal gets fellowship to study Holocaust - May 22nd, 2014
- Holocaust Teacher Deliberately Lies to His Students - Ephraim Kaye - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- The History Place - Holocaust Timeline - Welcome User ... - May 22nd, 2014
- Coulter Defends Pat Sajak: Dems Equate Climate Denial with Holocaust Denial - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- Prince Charles likens Putin to Adolf Hitler - May 21st, 2014
- MICHAEL GERSON: We must always keep Holocaust in memory - May 21st, 2014
- Israeli basketball team condemns racist Twitter abuse - May 21st, 2014
- Hassan Rohani opinion about Holocaust and his message for Americans in English - Video - May 21st, 2014
- Holocaust survivor puts life into lessons at Kittanning Junior High - May 21st, 2014
- Anne Frank | Jewish Virtual Library - May 20th, 2014
- Days of Remembrance of the Victims of the Holocaust: Remarks by the President (2009) - Video - May 20th, 2014
- Holocaust school video - Video - May 20th, 2014
- Half The World Doesn't Know About The Holocaust - Video - May 20th, 2014
- The city's memorial to the Jews killed in the Holocaust Sighet, Romania - Video - May 20th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: