Israel warns of attack on Syrian chemical weapons
JERUSALEM (AP) Israel could launch a pre-emptive strike to stop Syria’s chemical weapons from reaching Lebanon’s Hezbollah or al-Qaida inspired groups, officials said Sunday.
The warning came as the military moved a rocket defense system to a main northern city, and Israel’s premier warned of dangers from both Syria and Iran.
Israel has long expressed concerns that Syrian President Bashar Assad, clinging to power during a 22-month civil war, could lose control over his chemical weapons.
Vice Prime Minister Silvan Shalom said Sunday that Israel’s top security officials held a special meeting last week to discuss Syria’s chemical weapons arsenal. The fact of the meeting, held the morning after a national election, had not been made public before.
Shalom told the Army Radio station that the transfer of weapons to violent groups, particularly the Iranian-backed Lebanese Hezbollah, would be a game changer.
“It would be crossing a line that would demand a different approach, including even action,” he said. Asked whether this might mean a pre-emptive attack, he said: “We will have to make the decisions.”
Israel has kept out of the civil war that has engulfed Syria and killed more than 60,000 people, but it is concerned that violence could spill over from its northern border into Israel.
Israel deployed its Iron Dome rocket defense system in the northern city of Haifa on Sunday. The city was battered by Hezbollah rocket fire during a war in the summer of 2006. The military called the deployment “routine.”
Iron Dome, an Israel-developed system that shoots down incoming short-range rockets, was used to defend Israeli cities during a round of hostilities with Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, on Israel’s southern flank, last November.
Yisrael Hasson, a lawmaker and former deputy head of Israel’s Shin Bet intelligence agency, said Israel was closely following developments in Syria to make sure chemical weapons don’t “fall into the wrong hands.”
Follow this link:
Israel warns of attack on Syrian chemical weapons
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
david miscavige jewish
fatelessness watch english subtitles
dead mine free watch
black eyed peas anti semitic
jonathan sierra agronomia
christians debate jewdism 2013
copy kkk rally permit
minecraft tort letoltes
jason fender knocked
- Spanish village to hold referendum over 'Kill Jews' name - April 22nd, 2014
- Watchdog: Adelson may be forced to keep newspapers separate if sale approved - April 22nd, 2014
- Should Abbas jump on Indyks galloping horse? - April 22nd, 2014
- Video of Apartheid in Israel - Video - April 22nd, 2014
- Tiny town of Kill Jews' big question - April 21st, 2014
- Israel Under Attack: Palestinian Gaza Strip militants fire rockets at southern Israeli town - Video - April 21st, 2014
- Rockets, airstrikes across the Israel-Gaza border during holiday - April 21st, 2014
- Spanish town 'Kill Jews' will vote to change its name - April 21st, 2014
- Gaza rockets hit south Israel, army strikes back: officials - April 21st, 2014
- Palestine as an exclusively Jewish issue in the US - April 21st, 2014
- Heidi Morrison - April 21st, 2014
- Analysis: Iran Nuclear Agreement 25.11.13 Part 1 - Video - April 21st, 2014
- Analysis: Iran Nuclear Agreement: 25.11.13 Part 2 - Video - April 21st, 2014
- Analysis: What is Sharon's Legacy in Israel/Palestine? 15 01 14 Part 1 - Video - April 21st, 2014
- Israel divestment campaign poses threat to peace, cooperation - April 21st, 2014
- Was Ed MilibandвЂ™s father a KGB stooge? (contd.) - April 21st, 2014
- A Look at the Dual Justice System in the West Bank - April 20th, 2014
- Antonio in Israel - Journey Diary - Video - April 20th, 2014
- Locust plague in Egypt and Israel book of Joel - Video - April 20th, 2014
- In West Bank, Israeli and Palestinian teens arrested for rock throwing face different fates - April 20th, 2014
- Rami G. Khouri - April 20th, 2014
- Tel Aviv Tourism: 286 Things to Do in Tel Aviv, Israel ... - April 20th, 2014
- Israel 'blocks' UN envoy from Easter service - April 20th, 2014
- JAMAICA STREET TEACHING (MONTEGO BAY) 12 - Video - April 20th, 2014
- Tales of the Gun - Episode 24: Guns of Israel (History Documentary) - Video - April 20th, 2014
- JAMAICA STREET TEACHING (MONTEGO BAY) 11 - Video - April 20th, 2014
- Steve Boedt in Israel - Video - April 19th, 2014
- U.N. peace envoy criticizes Israeli Easter security in Jerusalem - April 19th, 2014
- Easter in Jerusalem: Christians celebrate Holy Fire ceremony in Israel - Video - April 19th, 2014
- Israel You wanna F***CK Me? I f**cked You already! IRAN! - Video - April 19th, 2014
- NIKON 1 AW1 I AM ADVENTUROUS - Video - April 19th, 2014
- World War 3 : The Russian Bear of Gog and Magog advances and invades Southern Ukraine (Mar - Video - April 19th, 2014
- European Union Wants Israel To Reverse West Bank Moves - Video - April 18th, 2014
- HD Stock Footage 1967 Israel Six Day War Egypt Accepts U.N. Cease Fire - Video - April 18th, 2014
- EU urges Israel to reverse West Bank moves - April 18th, 2014
- Zionism Conference - Music From Israel - Video - April 18th, 2014
- Jews Killed Ukraine Russia Israel Civil War WWIII Ebola Outbreak Apocalypse Armageddon Blood Moons - Video - April 18th, 2014
- PETITION CRIME OF WAR ISRAEL - Video - April 18th, 2014
- Gaza: UN calls for end to Israeli blockade - April 18th, 2014
- Holocaust remembrances in Chambersburg and Hagerstown, Md. - April 18th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: