Israel warns of attack on Syrian chemical weapons
JERUSALEM (AP) Israel could launch a pre-emptive strike to stop Syria’s chemical weapons from reaching Lebanon’s Hezbollah or al-Qaida inspired groups, officials said Sunday.
The warning came as the military moved a rocket defense system to a main northern city, and Israel’s premier warned of dangers from both Syria and Iran.
Israel has long expressed concerns that Syrian President Bashar Assad, clinging to power during a 22-month civil war, could lose control over his chemical weapons.
Vice Prime Minister Silvan Shalom said Sunday that Israel’s top security officials held a special meeting last week to discuss Syria’s chemical weapons arsenal. The fact of the meeting, held the morning after a national election, had not been made public before.
Shalom told the Army Radio station that the transfer of weapons to violent groups, particularly the Iranian-backed Lebanese Hezbollah, would be a game changer.
“It would be crossing a line that would demand a different approach, including even action,” he said. Asked whether this might mean a pre-emptive attack, he said: “We will have to make the decisions.”
Israel has kept out of the civil war that has engulfed Syria and killed more than 60,000 people, but it is concerned that violence could spill over from its northern border into Israel.
Israel deployed its Iron Dome rocket defense system in the northern city of Haifa on Sunday. The city was battered by Hezbollah rocket fire during a war in the summer of 2006. The military called the deployment “routine.”
Iron Dome, an Israel-developed system that shoots down incoming short-range rockets, was used to defend Israeli cities during a round of hostilities with Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, on Israel’s southern flank, last November.
Yisrael Hasson, a lawmaker and former deputy head of Israel’s Shin Bet intelligence agency, said Israel was closely following developments in Syria to make sure chemical weapons don’t “fall into the wrong hands.”
Follow this link:
Israel warns of attack on Syrian chemical weapons
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
racism pandora's box
dead mine free watch
anthony woodson george zimmerman
rothschild rockefeller jehovah's witnesses
book brooklyn hasidic sect
din merican dj blogger
dead mine full hd
george galloway storms bait
- Has the World Forgotten the Holocaust? - September 1st, 2014
- Syrian army, rebels clash on Golan Heights - September 1st, 2014
- U.S. Rebukes Israel Over West Bank Land Appropriation - September 1st, 2014
- Fijians captured Thursday in Golan Heights - September 1st, 2014
- Israel Agreed Gaza Truce To Focus On Jihadist Threat: Netanyahu - Video - September 1st, 2014
- Netanyahu seeks cuts to 2014 budget to finance Gaza war - September 1st, 2014
- Netanyahu: Israel Agreed Gaza Truce to Focus on IS, al-Qaeda - September 1st, 2014
- Boycott Israel Assassins les Irlandais Conscients retirent tout les produits israliens des rayons - Video - September 1st, 2014
- Justin Timberlake angers Palestinians with Western Wall Instagram pic - September 1st, 2014
- Prager University Is Israel an Apartheid State - Video - September 1st, 2014
- Israel draws US rebuke after claiming West Bank land - September 1st, 2014
- Through Gaza tunnels to China -- Canton Fair attracts buyers with product quality and variety - September 1st, 2014
- Israel seizes 400 hectares of West Bank land - September 1st, 2014
- PALESTINE | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED - September 1st, 2014
- Letters to the editor, Sept. 1, 2014 - September 1st, 2014
- As leaders of UK Jews and Muslims we say: we are two faiths with one message - September 1st, 2014
- Israel downs drone near Syria - September 1st, 2014
- Israel to take over West Bank land - August 31st, 2014
- Jews of Israel - do you not know you are only protected from the Muslims because of Torah - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Israel claims West Bank land for possible settlement use, draws U.S. rebuke - August 31st, 2014
- 1 PREPPERS NIGHTMARE IRAN ATTACKS NYC - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Baldazo por Gaza - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Israel announces major West Bank land appropriation for settlement - August 31st, 2014
- Israel Shoots Down Unmanned Aircraft as Tensions Flare in Golan - August 31st, 2014
- International Criminal Court Prosecutor: 'Palestine' Can Join Rome Statute - August 31st, 2014
- Israel proposes taking more West Bank land for Jewish settlers - August 31st, 2014
- Israel downs drone from Syria over occupied Golan: army - August 31st, 2014
- Hamas to kids Shoot all the Jews - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Israel announces it will seize 400 acres in West Bank - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Israel Military Shoots Down Unmanned Aircraft Over Golan - August 31st, 2014
- Israel calls on region to rebuild, disarm Gaza - August 31st, 2014
- Gaza's Shattered Airport, Once A Symbol Of Sovereignty - August 31st, 2014
- Israel plans to expropriate 400 hectares of West Bank, army says - August 31st, 2014
- Live News Israel EXPANDS West Bank HUNT For Missing TEENS, Palestinian Killed BREAKING NEWS - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Israeli fire on Gaza town raises war crimes claim - August 31st, 2014
- Lady Gaga to perform in Tel Aviv as planned, despite mass summer cancelations - August 31st, 2014
- Safe in Israel! First day in Jerusalem! - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Touring Israel: Gil in Jewish Quarter Jerusalem - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Delek Group eyes London listing, moves to loss on one-off items - August 31st, 2014
- Gaza Strip News, Photos and Videos - ABC News - August 31st, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: