Israel warns of attack on Syrian chemical weapons
JERUSALEM (AP) Israel could launch a pre-emptive strike to stop Syria’s chemical weapons from reaching Lebanon’s Hezbollah or al-Qaida inspired groups, officials said Sunday.
The warning came as the military moved a rocket defense system to a main northern city, and Israel’s premier warned of dangers from both Syria and Iran.
Israel has long expressed concerns that Syrian President Bashar Assad, clinging to power during a 22-month civil war, could lose control over his chemical weapons.
Vice Prime Minister Silvan Shalom said Sunday that Israel’s top security officials held a special meeting last week to discuss Syria’s chemical weapons arsenal. The fact of the meeting, held the morning after a national election, had not been made public before.
Shalom told the Army Radio station that the transfer of weapons to violent groups, particularly the Iranian-backed Lebanese Hezbollah, would be a game changer.
“It would be crossing a line that would demand a different approach, including even action,” he said. Asked whether this might mean a pre-emptive attack, he said: “We will have to make the decisions.”
Israel has kept out of the civil war that has engulfed Syria and killed more than 60,000 people, but it is concerned that violence could spill over from its northern border into Israel.
Israel deployed its Iron Dome rocket defense system in the northern city of Haifa on Sunday. The city was battered by Hezbollah rocket fire during a war in the summer of 2006. The military called the deployment “routine.”
Iron Dome, an Israel-developed system that shoots down incoming short-range rockets, was used to defend Israeli cities during a round of hostilities with Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, on Israel’s southern flank, last November.
Yisrael Hasson, a lawmaker and former deputy head of Israel’s Shin Bet intelligence agency, said Israel was closely following developments in Syria to make sure chemical weapons don’t “fall into the wrong hands.”
Follow this link:
Israel warns of attack on Syrian chemical weapons
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
herald tribune jewish museum vienna
tommy lee sparta samplers
blak ryno february 22nd 2013
anti semitism academy awards
audie murphy anti semitic
white hooded fans
www sex arabs com
free golden eagles war thunder
ittehad teachers palestine
massive attack antisemetic
- Ukraine crisis: Jews ordered to register in Donetsk - April 18th, 2014
- American Israel Public Affairs Committee - Official Site - April 17th, 2014
- J Street Fails To Win Over Key Committee for Presidents Conference Membership - April 17th, 2014
- Letter: A close look at US-Israel relations - April 17th, 2014
- Pro-Russian official denies involvement in notice telling Jews to register, aide says - April 17th, 2014
- Israeli arrest of Arab citizen over Lebanon visit angers rights groups - April 17th, 2014
- The History of Austrian Economics, Part 1 | Dr. Israel Kirzner - Video - April 17th, 2014
- On first visit to Gaza, UN official calls for end to Israeli blockade - April 17th, 2014
- Bar and Bat Mitzvah Tours to Israel | israelbarmitzvahtours.com - Video - April 17th, 2014
- 'Israel will emerge as loser of Syria war' - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Israel frees three out of five Lebanese detainees - April 17th, 2014
- Israel arrests Arab journalist over Lebanon visit - April 17th, 2014
- Israel detains Israeli Arab journalist for attending newspaper conference in Lebanon - April 17th, 2014
- SJT - Musical Comedy Cabaret, Live @ OzenBar Tel Aviv, Jan/2014 - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Moroccan film unearths forgotten memories of lost Jewish community - April 17th, 2014
- Israeli Intelligence Agencies - Federation of American ... - April 17th, 2014
- Jerusalem Riot Cleared By Israeli Police Holy Week For Many Continues - April 16th, 2014
- Maccabi Tel Aviv in the NBA? It might not be a hoop dream - April 16th, 2014
- DGAP-News: Gazit-Globe Files Its 2013 Annual Report on Form 20-F - April 16th, 2014
- Jerusalem riot at holy site dispersed by Israel police - April 16th, 2014
- Coming U.S. Russian Sanctions, Hamas/Israel Cease-Fire Broken,CIA Senate Spying - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Israel PM blames Palestinian leaders after Hebron killing - April 16th, 2014
- Israel, Palestinian peace meet postponed after killing - April 16th, 2014
- Haifa University Opens Course to Promote Jewish State - April 16th, 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed? - April 16th, 2014
- UN urges Israel to prevent takeover of West Bank building - April 16th, 2014
- Border temporarily closed between Israel and West Bank for Passover - Populer News Videos - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Border temporarily closed between Israel and West Bank for Passover - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Israeli warplanes strike Syrian military positions in Golan Heights - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Israel Says It Foiled Al Qaeda Plot To Attack U S Embassy In Tel Aviv Lou Dobbs - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Tel Aviv Tourism: 284 Things to Do in Tel Aviv, Israel ... - April 16th, 2014
- Congregation Beth Israel, Seder, April 2014 - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Israel, Palestine and two-state settlements | @guardianletters - April 15th, 2014
- Biffy Clyro - Different People - Tel Aviv, Israel, 12.4.14 - Video - April 15th, 2014
- Wix.com to Announce 2014 First Quarter Financial Results on May 13, 2014 - April 15th, 2014
- Israel thwarts telco Wataniya Palestine's Gaza launch - April 15th, 2014
- Peace talks warning as settlers return to Hebron - April 15th, 2014
- Leaders React to Kansas Shootings - April 15th, 2014
- Netanyahu condemns Kansas 'hate' shootings - April 15th, 2014
- Israel's Netanyahu condemns Kansas 'hate' shootings - April 15th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: