Israel warns of attack on Syrian chemical weapons
JERUSALEM (AP) Israel could launch a pre-emptive strike to stop Syria’s chemical weapons from reaching Lebanon’s Hezbollah or al-Qaida inspired groups, officials said Sunday.
The warning came as the military moved a rocket defense system to a main northern city, and Israel’s premier warned of dangers from both Syria and Iran.
Israel has long expressed concerns that Syrian President Bashar Assad, clinging to power during a 22-month civil war, could lose control over his chemical weapons.
Vice Prime Minister Silvan Shalom said Sunday that Israel’s top security officials held a special meeting last week to discuss Syria’s chemical weapons arsenal. The fact of the meeting, held the morning after a national election, had not been made public before.
Shalom told the Army Radio station that the transfer of weapons to violent groups, particularly the Iranian-backed Lebanese Hezbollah, would be a game changer.
“It would be crossing a line that would demand a different approach, including even action,” he said. Asked whether this might mean a pre-emptive attack, he said: “We will have to make the decisions.”
Israel has kept out of the civil war that has engulfed Syria and killed more than 60,000 people, but it is concerned that violence could spill over from its northern border into Israel.
Israel deployed its Iron Dome rocket defense system in the northern city of Haifa on Sunday. The city was battered by Hezbollah rocket fire during a war in the summer of 2006. The military called the deployment “routine.”
Iron Dome, an Israel-developed system that shoots down incoming short-range rockets, was used to defend Israeli cities during a round of hostilities with Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, on Israel’s southern flank, last November.
Yisrael Hasson, a lawmaker and former deputy head of Israel’s Shin Bet intelligence agency, said Israel was closely following developments in Syria to make sure chemical weapons don’t “fall into the wrong hands.”
Follow this link:
Israel warns of attack on Syrian chemical weapons
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
sephardic jews friesland
ashley blue hating muslims
queen esther vegan?
difference antisemitism amd antijudaism
doug stanhope anti semite
exposing black agenda
geert wilders indonesian
war thunder golden eagle free
Seth Macfaralane anti semitism
- Where was the left when the settlers hijacked Zionism? - December 20th, 2014
- UN asks Israel to pay Lebanon $856 million for oil spill - December 20th, 2014
- Gaza jihadis bomb French Institute #savages - December 20th, 2014
- White Privilege in Europe - Video - December 20th, 2014
- Jonathan Pollard | www.thejewishadvocate.com | The Jewish ... - December 20th, 2014
- Saban Forum 2014 - Address by Benjamin Netanyahu - Video - December 20th, 2014
- Israel Election 2015: Netanyahu Leverages European Censure For Domestic Political Support - December 20th, 2014
- Benjamin Netanyahu says Europe 'learned nothing' from Holocaust - December 20th, 2014
- Europe's symbolic solidarity with Palestine - Al Jazeera - The Mindanao Examiner - December 20th, 2014
- USS LibertyIsraeli Pilot Speaks Up - rense.com - December 20th, 2014
- David Duke Radio December 12th, 2014 - Video - December 20th, 2014
- 2016 hopeful Ben Carson pledges support for Israel - December 20th, 2014
- Israel Bombs Hamas Terror Infrastructure In Gaza - December 20th, 2014
- COVER GOSPEL ISRAEL DE JESUS CONTATO 97464-6390 VIVO OU 96619-1151 CLARO - Video - December 20th, 2014
- Ashkenazi | people | Encyclopedia Britannica - December 20th, 2014
- UN asks Israel to pay Lebanon $850 M for oil spill - December 20th, 2014
- Israel launches airstrike on Hamas target in Gaza - December 20th, 2014
- Israel attacks Gaza - December 19th, 2014
- Israel bombs Gaza militant base after rocket hits southern Israel - December 19th, 2014
- Israel carries out airstrike on Hamas site in Gaza - December 19th, 2014
- UNs 1,300 observers at loose ends after fleeing to Israel from Syrias Golan Heights - December 19th, 2014
- Sia - "Chandelier" - Gaza Girls Parody - Video - December 19th, 2014
- Das grte Sportereignis in der Geschichte Israels: der Tel Aviv Marathon 2015 in der Stadt, die niemals schlft - December 19th, 2014
- Israel: Gaza rocket hits country in first strike in months - December 19th, 2014
- Le plus grand vnement sportif de l'histoire d'Isral : le marathon 2015 de Tel-Aviv (Tel Aviv Marathon) au cur de ... - December 19th, 2014
- African migrants speak out about life in Israel's ... - December 19th, 2014
- The US feels the heat on Palestine vote at UN - December 19th, 2014
- U.C. student workers says yes to joining BDS campaign against Israel - December 19th, 2014
- OPINION - The Concordia BDS experience - December 19th, 2014
- Univ. of California union approves BDS motion - December 19th, 2014
- Just A Summary | Mossad: The Great Operations Of Israel's Famed Secret Service - Video - December 19th, 2014
- Israel raps Palestinian UN draft as 'gimmick' - December 19th, 2014
- Israel brands peace plan 'gimmick' - December 18th, 2014
- Israel won't accept 'unilateral' Palestine bid: Netanyahu - December 18th, 2014
- Largest Sports Event in Israel's History: 2015 Tel Aviv Marathon in the Nonstop City - December 18th, 2014
- Palestine submits UN resolution for two-state solution - December 18th, 2014
- Israel raps Palestinian U.N. draft as 'gimmick' - December 18th, 2014
- Tel Aviv Stock Exchange Weekly Review: 14-18 December 2014 - December 18th, 2014
- Palestinian statehood bid in UN 'act of aggression: Israel - December 18th, 2014
- The Israeli Hospital Admitting Syrian Fighters: The War Next Door (Part 2) - Video - December 18th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: