Israel warns of attack on Syrian chemical weapons
JERUSALEM (AP) Israel could launch a pre-emptive strike to stop Syria’s chemical weapons from reaching Lebanon’s Hezbollah or al-Qaida inspired groups, officials said Sunday.
The warning came as the military moved a rocket defense system to a main northern city, and Israel’s premier warned of dangers from both Syria and Iran.
Israel has long expressed concerns that Syrian President Bashar Assad, clinging to power during a 22-month civil war, could lose control over his chemical weapons.
Vice Prime Minister Silvan Shalom said Sunday that Israel’s top security officials held a special meeting last week to discuss Syria’s chemical weapons arsenal. The fact of the meeting, held the morning after a national election, had not been made public before.
Shalom told the Army Radio station that the transfer of weapons to violent groups, particularly the Iranian-backed Lebanese Hezbollah, would be a game changer.
“It would be crossing a line that would demand a different approach, including even action,” he said. Asked whether this might mean a pre-emptive attack, he said: “We will have to make the decisions.”
Israel has kept out of the civil war that has engulfed Syria and killed more than 60,000 people, but it is concerned that violence could spill over from its northern border into Israel.
Israel deployed its Iron Dome rocket defense system in the northern city of Haifa on Sunday. The city was battered by Hezbollah rocket fire during a war in the summer of 2006. The military called the deployment “routine.”
Iron Dome, an Israel-developed system that shoots down incoming short-range rockets, was used to defend Israeli cities during a round of hostilities with Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, on Israel’s southern flank, last November.
Yisrael Hasson, a lawmaker and former deputy head of Israel’s Shin Bet intelligence agency, said Israel was closely following developments in Syria to make sure chemical weapons don’t “fall into the wrong hands.”
Follow this link:
Israel warns of attack on Syrian chemical weapons
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
bejar jewish museum
jon bon jovi racist
meghan markle jewish
obama israel negotiate peace treaty march 20th 2013
annie lennox anti semitic
jesse ventura anti semite
bill cosby 83 tired speech
dodie cantrell bickley reason fools
hitlers holocaust ghetto torrent
- Coveney: Irish troops in Golan Heights likely to continue - September 15th, 2014
- UN force leaving Syrian-controlled Golan - September 15th, 2014
- U.N. 'withdrawing from Golan' - September 15th, 2014
- Citing Shabbat, CUNY Graduate Students Delay Boycott Israel Vote - September 15th, 2014
- Jewish Lobby declares academic boycott of Qatar | Rehmat's ... - September 15th, 2014
- Former Israeli Mossad chief, military general Yitzhak Hofi dead at 87 - September 15th, 2014
- Kehillat Netzach Israel Shanah Tovah - Video - September 15th, 2014
- Israel court: Olmert to remain free pending appeal - September 15th, 2014
- Gaza, Palestinian 2014 I Israel Airstrakes Gaza City In Overnight - Video - September 15th, 2014
- Gaza, Israel and the company we keep - September 15th, 2014
- Malaysia favors Palestinians but buys from Israel - September 15th, 2014
- Happy new Israel 2014 - Video - September 15th, 2014
- Lady Gaga - Swine (Live from israel 2014) - Video - September 15th, 2014
- Lady Gaga in Tel Aviv: A spectacular psychotic cabaret - September 15th, 2014
- Palestine minister denied entry to Gaza - September 14th, 2014
- Argentina tops Israel in Davis Cup playoff - September 14th, 2014
- Israel Corporation Intends to Sell Approximately 6% of ICL Shares - September 14th, 2014
- Israel intelligence hits back over refuseniks' letter - September 14th, 2014
- Lady Gaga - Alejandro (live in Tel Aviv, Israel) - Video - September 14th, 2014
- IS, Hamas, al-Qaeda branches of same poisonous tree: Benjamin Netanyahu - September 14th, 2014
- Israeli security agencies in turf battle over cyber war; Netanyahu to decide - September 14th, 2014
- Post-war counselling awaits Gaza children going back to school - September 14th, 2014
- Dearborn City Council President Dabaja fights hard to stop "Boycott Israel" Resolution - Video - September 14th, 2014
- Lady gaga -Tel Aviv Israel 2014 - Video - September 14th, 2014
- Kuwait- Sheikh Sabah Al-Khaled on first visit to Palestine - September 14th, 2014
- Gaza children return to school after war - September 14th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict : Smoke Billows over Gaza After Israeli Strikes, 19 August 2014 - Video - September 14th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict : 4 Minutes After Israel Attacks Gaza, 4 August 2014 | RAW VIDEO - Video - September 14th, 2014
- UPDATE 2-Fertilizer producer Israel Chemicals files for US listing - September 14th, 2014
- As survivors die off, Israeli Holocaust memorial searches for ways to preserve WWII-era items - September 14th, 2014
- Boycot Israel, free Palestine.... - Video - September 14th, 2014
- Israel increases budget deficit target on defence spending - September 14th, 2014
- Sectarian violence imperils Yemen's last Jews - Video - September 14th, 2014
- Public Lecture: "Israel" Ki Haqeeqat- Moinuddin Ibn Nasrullah Live From Ahmedabad - Video - September 14th, 2014
- SYRIA: War Of Deception (Ken O'keefe on PressTv) TRUTH BE TOLD!!! - Video - September 14th, 2014
- Elbit Imaging Ltd. Announces Investment of US$ 12.5 Million in Insightec by Shanghai GEOC Hengtong Investment Limited ... - September 14th, 2014
- Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga - I Can't Give You Anything but Love (live in Tel Aviv, Israel) - Video - September 13th, 2014
- Israel takes 2-1 lead vs Argentina in Davis Cup - September 13th, 2014
- Palestine supporters call for justice on campus - September 13th, 2014
- Making David into Goliath: How the World Turned Against Israel (eBook) - Video - September 13th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: