Israel warns of attack on Syrian chemical weapons
JERUSALEM (AP) Israel could launch a pre-emptive strike to stop Syria’s chemical weapons from reaching Lebanon’s Hezbollah or al-Qaida inspired groups, officials said Sunday.
The warning came as the military moved a rocket defense system to a main northern city, and Israel’s premier warned of dangers from both Syria and Iran.
Israel has long expressed concerns that Syrian President Bashar Assad, clinging to power during a 22-month civil war, could lose control over his chemical weapons.
Vice Prime Minister Silvan Shalom said Sunday that Israel’s top security officials held a special meeting last week to discuss Syria’s chemical weapons arsenal. The fact of the meeting, held the morning after a national election, had not been made public before.
Shalom told the Army Radio station that the transfer of weapons to violent groups, particularly the Iranian-backed Lebanese Hezbollah, would be a game changer.
“It would be crossing a line that would demand a different approach, including even action,” he said. Asked whether this might mean a pre-emptive attack, he said: “We will have to make the decisions.”
Israel has kept out of the civil war that has engulfed Syria and killed more than 60,000 people, but it is concerned that violence could spill over from its northern border into Israel.
Israel deployed its Iron Dome rocket defense system in the northern city of Haifa on Sunday. The city was battered by Hezbollah rocket fire during a war in the summer of 2006. The military called the deployment “routine.”
Iron Dome, an Israel-developed system that shoots down incoming short-range rockets, was used to defend Israeli cities during a round of hostilities with Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, on Israel’s southern flank, last November.
Yisrael Hasson, a lawmaker and former deputy head of Israel’s Shin Bet intelligence agency, said Israel was closely following developments in Syria to make sure chemical weapons don’t “fall into the wrong hands.”
Follow this link:
Israel warns of attack on Syrian chemical weapons
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
Mark McGowan anti semitism
channel news palestinian territories banksy
mossad operation video
adl honors gay marriage madeline stowe
pro jew assholes
How history Judaism influenced Jewish people's understanding themselves
hollywood movie bermuda triangle urdu
esther stern holocaust survivor
- Netanyahu Says Israel Will Protect Settlements Over Its Borders - March 7th, 2014
- Gaza militants deny involvement over seized missile shipment Israel says was from Iran - March 7th, 2014
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu discusses Iran at LA event - March 7th, 2014
- Traffic Advisory Issued as Netanyahu L.A. Visit Continues - March 7th, 2014
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Wraps Up SoCal Visit - March 7th, 2014
- Pollard undergoes surgery, condition called not good - March 7th, 2014
- Benjamin Netanyahu talks peace at AIPAC - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Israel : Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel is not bound by this Agreement (Nov 24, 2013) - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Israel : Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu full speech to the U.N. General Assembly (Oct, 01, 2013) - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Israel : PM Benjamin Netanyahu issues new warning on Iran's nuclear ambition (Jul 15, 2013) - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's Presentation - MoT, LA - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Benjamin Netanyahu to visit Museum of Tolerance in L.A. - March 7th, 2014
- Israel's Netanyahu to visit Apple, WhatsApp founder in Silicon Valley swing - March 7th, 2014
- Vatican : False Prophet Francis to visit the City of Jerusalem in January 2014 (Jul 29, 2013) - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Vatican: Israeli labor dispute won't stop papal trip - March 7th, 2014
- Pro-Boycott Israel Figures Judith Butler and Rashid Khalidi Push Back - March 7th, 2014
- GUEST ROOM: On Israel, Hypocrisy and Double Standards - March 7th, 2014
- Netanyahu likens Iran to Nazi Germany in L.A. speech - March 7th, 2014
- Israel Apartheid ? - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Activist Coalition Tells Israel Ballet Dont Tiptoe Around Apartheid! - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Former Mossad head tells S.F. crowd: Two states before its too late - March 7th, 2014
- My Promised Land: The Triumph and Tragedy of Israel featuring Ari Shavi - Video - March 7th, 2014
- iran-javad-zarif-reuters-021213.JPG - March 7th, 2014
- Discovery - Israel and Palestine. The Roots of Conflict - Documentary - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Israel and Syria in 1974 (old documentary) - Video - March 7th, 2014
- The History of Hatred against Israel and Jews - Glenn Beck - Video - March 7th, 2014
- More religion than we bargained for at school - March 6th, 2014
- Tel Aviv Stock Exchange Weekly Review 2-6 March 2014 - March 6th, 2014
- Israel West Bank settler population grows over 4% - March 6th, 2014
- Elbit Imaging Announces Court Decision to Reject the Request on Behalf of the Trustees of Series B Notes for Liquidation - March 6th, 2014
- easyJet launches Tel Aviv-Milan flights - March 6th, 2014
- The Crimson ProjeKCt - Elephant talk , live in Tel Aviv, Israel 5.03.2014 - Video - March 6th, 2014
- Israel FM to meet Kerry, Lavrov amid talks deadlock - March 6th, 2014
- Israel discriminates against all minorities Kamel Hawwash - Video - March 6th, 2014
- Report: Fewer young couples can buy apartments in Tel Aviv suburbs - March 6th, 2014
- Barack Obama Speech with Prime Minister Israel Benjamin Netanyahu - Video - March 6th, 2014
- At White House, Israel's Netanyahu Pushes Back Against Obama Diplomacy - Video - March 6th, 2014
- Arnon Milchan at the Oscars - March 6th, 2014
- The Book | THE WANDERING WHO? - March 6th, 2014
- Anti-Israel speakers and Jewish self-hatred - March 6th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: