Israelis warns of third intifada
Published: Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM
JERUSALEM, Feb. 24 (UPI) — Israeli politicians and security officials warned Israel may be facing a third intifada (popular uprising) and urged resumption of talks with the Palestinians.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said he supports a “peaceful” intifada while former West Bank security chief Jibril Rajoub blamed extremists on both sides for the unrest.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu instructed authorities to transfer tax revenues for January to the Palestinian Authority and called on the Palestinians to restore calm to the area, Israel’s Channel 10 said.
Veteran Israeli politician Binyamin (Fuad) Ben-Eliezer warned Israel is on the verge of a third intifada, which he said would be bloodier than previous uprisings. Ben-Eliezer told Israel Radio that Netanyahu must resume peace talks with the Palestinians before the situation worsens.
The area is headed toward escalating violence mainly because of the shaky economic situation in the Palestinian Authority, Giora Eiland, former national security adviser and army reservist general, told the radio.
Other factors leading to a possible escalation in violence include the Palestinian prisoner issue, price-tag attacks carried out by extremist settlers against Palestinians and “unnecessary statements” by Palestinian officials concerning West Bank settlement building, Eiland said.
Rajoub denied the Palestinians were seeking a third intifada and blamed extremists on both sides for instigating fear and death.
“We don’t want Palestinians in the West Bank and east Jerusalem to drag the area into bloodshed. We want peace and the two-state solution,” he told Israel Radio.
Abbas said Saturday that he favors a peaceful and popular resistance, The Jerusalem Post said. Abbas said he discussed the issue with Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal in Cairo and they reached an agreement on the need for a peaceful intifada.
Follow this link:
Israelis warns of third intifada
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
mark wahlberg racist anti semitic
dalhousie information management
lew rockwell anti semite
muslims revels quotes
katsucon 2013 jewish
hollywood movie bermuda triangle urdu
sara hypnotizes friend
pravin togadiya video free download
denis avey hoax
nato leaving libya 2013
- Hanukkah in Jerusalem: celebrating the Jewish festival of light in the world's holiest city - Video - December 2nd, 2013
- Israel News - The Jerusalem Post 1-12-2103 - Video - December 2nd, 2013
- Hanukkah tour of the Old City of Jerusalem: The Western Wall Plaza - Video - December 2nd, 2013
- Jerusalem - Amish Group Travels To Israel Meets With Chief ... - December 1st, 2013
- Will Israel вАШcome to termsвАЩ with Iran deal? - December 1st, 2013
- New Teddy Fountain in "Teddy Park" Jerusalem attracts thousands - Video - November 30th, 2013
- Hanukkah tour of the Old City of Jerusalem: The Cardo in the Jewish Quarter, the heart of Jerusalem - Video - November 30th, 2013
- In film вАЬJerusalem,вАЭ prophets better than popcorn ... - November 29th, 2013
- How Peacefully Jews Gave Keys of Jerusalem to Umar ibn al Khattab ?? - Video - November 29th, 2013
- Crusader Kings 2 Israel 23 - Jews In Jerusalem? - Video - November 29th, 2013
- Israeli analysts react to Iran nuclear deal: Jerusalem has been highly critical of Iran agreement? - Video - November 28th, 2013
- Jerusalem - New World Encyclopedia - November 28th, 2013
- Israel News - 27 November 2013 The Jerusalem Post - Video - November 28th, 2013
- Inside Jerusalem's 'secret' ultra Orthodox beauty salon - Video - November 28th, 2013
- Is Israel an Apartheid State? - Prager University - November 28th, 2013
- Tel Aviv, Israel - Travel Guide, Info & Bookings вАУ Lonely Planet - November 27th, 2013
- Bilingual Jerusalem School, where Hebrew and Arabic go Hand in Hand - Video - November 27th, 2013
- 27 11 13 Israel Jerusalem Arik Einshtien - Video - November 27th, 2013
- Government services collapse in East Jerusalem :: www.uruknet ... - November 26th, 2013
- Will Jerusalem Be Divided Again? - Video - November 26th, 2013
- Welcome address by Ronald Lauder, Jerusalem 2013 - Video - November 25th, 2013
- Israel's Binyamin Netanyahu denounces nuclear deal with Iran - Video - November 25th, 2013
- The Jerusalem Council | A Global Association of Orthodox ... - November 24th, 2013
- Israel Opposes Iran Nuclear Deal: Jerusalem brands Tehran nuclear agreement 'historic mistake' - Video - November 24th, 2013
- Israel slams Geneva nuclear Iran deal: Jerusalem claims Tehran now closer to atomic bomb - Video - November 24th, 2013
- Palestine: Several Palestinians injured in Jerusalem | The ... - November 24th, 2013
- Crusader Kings 2 Sons of Abraham Let's Play Jewish Jerusalem 6 - Video - November 24th, 2013
- Dr. Jad Speaking to Aljazeera Tv, during Kerry's Visit Jerusalem and Bethlehem - Video - November 23rd, 2013
- Without having visited the Wetern wall you did not accomplish your visit to Jerusalem! - Video - November 22nd, 2013
- The Old City of Jerusalem - a Journey to Mount Zion and the Jewish Quarter - Video - November 22nd, 2013
- Crusader Kings 2 Israel 15 - Shi'a Caliphate Rising In Jerusalem - Video - November 22nd, 2013
- Jerusalem Dateline: Mission to Moscow - Nov. 22, 2013 - Video - November 22nd, 2013
- Hasidim on the way to the synagogue, just before Shabbat. Jaffa Road, Jerusalem - Video - November 22nd, 2013
- вАШJerusalemвАЩ movie review: A prismatic portrait of a the ... - November 21st, 2013
- Jerusalem International Oud Festival - Video - November 21st, 2013
- Israel warns US allies against 'catastrophic' Iran deal: Jerusalem anxious to avoid Iran compromise - Video - November 20th, 2013
- Jewish Jerusalem Captured on Canvas: landscape painter Alex Levin inspired by Jewish life and faith - Video - November 19th, 2013
- The Jewish Claim to Jerusalem: The Case Under International Law - Video - November 19th, 2013
- Gaza mortar fire lands in Israel, none wounded | JPost ... - November 19th, 2013
- Jerusalem - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - November 19th, 2013
February 24, 2013 Tags: cairo, giora-eiland, Israel, israel-radio, jerusalem-post, jibril-rajoub, khaled-mashaal, palestinian, prime-minister, radio, reservist, third-intifada-, veteran, veteran-israeli Posted in: Jerusalem
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: