Israelis warns of third intifada
Published: Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM
JERUSALEM, Feb. 24 (UPI) — Israeli politicians and security officials warned Israel may be facing a third intifada (popular uprising) and urged resumption of talks with the Palestinians.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said he supports a “peaceful” intifada while former West Bank security chief Jibril Rajoub blamed extremists on both sides for the unrest.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu instructed authorities to transfer tax revenues for January to the Palestinian Authority and called on the Palestinians to restore calm to the area, Israel’s Channel 10 said.
Veteran Israeli politician Binyamin (Fuad) Ben-Eliezer warned Israel is on the verge of a third intifada, which he said would be bloodier than previous uprisings. Ben-Eliezer told Israel Radio that Netanyahu must resume peace talks with the Palestinians before the situation worsens.
The area is headed toward escalating violence mainly because of the shaky economic situation in the Palestinian Authority, Giora Eiland, former national security adviser and army reservist general, told the radio.
Other factors leading to a possible escalation in violence include the Palestinian prisoner issue, price-tag attacks carried out by extremist settlers against Palestinians and “unnecessary statements” by Palestinian officials concerning West Bank settlement building, Eiland said.
Rajoub denied the Palestinians were seeking a third intifada and blamed extremists on both sides for instigating fear and death.
“We don’t want Palestinians in the West Bank and east Jerusalem to drag the area into bloodshed. We want peace and the two-state solution,” he told Israel Radio.
Abbas said Saturday that he favors a peaceful and popular resistance, The Jerusalem Post said. Abbas said he discussed the issue with Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal in Cairo and they reached an agreement on the need for a peaceful intifada.
Follow this link:
Israelis warns of third intifada
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
watchtower files holocaust funds
racism pandora's box
Palestine Journey Through The Ages
obama march 22nd jerusalem
fission field warfare
hyderabad jews news
haganah fight wiki
christians debate jewdism 2013
idukki fake meditation center
israel drills oil west bank
- Jerusalem cracks down on Old City bagel stands during Passover - April 22nd, 2014
- Supreme Court takes up status of Jerusalem - April 21st, 2014
- Top Palestinian cleric says Israel threw stun grenades into al Aqsa; Israel denies - April 20th, 2014
- Palestinian rock throwers arrested at holy site - April 20th, 2014
- Israel 'blocks' UN envoy from Easter service - April 20th, 2014
- Easter 2014 in the Holy Land: Traditional Good Friday services held in Bethlehem and Jerusalem - Video - April 19th, 2014
- U.N. peace envoy criticizes Israeli Easter security in Jerusalem - April 19th, 2014
- UN peace envoy criticizes Israeli Easter security in Jerusalem - April 19th, 2014
- Easter in Jerusalem: Christians celebrate Holy Fire ceremony in Israel - Video - April 19th, 2014
- Christians gather at Jerusalem church for lighting of 'holy fire' - April 19th, 2014
- Israel The Revived Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem - Video - April 19th, 2014
- Christians gather in Jerusalem to celebrate Good Friday - April 18th, 2014
- What makes Jerusalem so holy? - April 17th, 2014
- Passover Holiday Prayers: Thousands gather at Western Wall in Jerusalem for holiday service - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Palestinian Water Shortages Intensify Due To Drought, Aging Infrastructure, Inaction - April 17th, 2014
- Jerusalem Riot Disbanded by Israeli Police - April 17th, 2014
- Passover Prayers: Thousands of Jews from Israel and around world gather at Jerusalem's Western Wall - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Passover Prayers: Thousands gather at Jerusalem's Western Wall for special holiday service - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Jews and Christians celebrate in Jerusalem - Video - April 17th, 2014
- T4K 008: 4K time lapse video of people moving in a Jerusalem Old City alley - Video - April 17th, 2014
- T4K 007: 4K time lapse video of people moving in a Jerusalem Old City alley - Video - April 17th, 2014
- T4K 004: 4K time lapse slider video: revealing the Jerusalem Old City walls at sunset. - Video - April 17th, 2014
- T4K 003: 4K time lapse video of the old city of Jerusalem - day to night. - Video - April 17th, 2014
- T4K 002: 4K time lapse video of the Western Wall in Jerusalem - day to night - Video - April 17th, 2014
- T4K 001: 4K time lapse slider video of the old city of Jerusalem - day to night - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Jerusalem Riot At Holy Site Broken Up By Israeli Police - April 17th, 2014
- Jews pray in Jerusalem after Old City clashes - April 17th, 2014
- Jerusalem Riot Cleared By Israeli Police Holy Week For Many Continues - April 16th, 2014
- Temple Mount riot in Jerusalem, Israel 16 04 2014 - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Jerusalem riot at holy site dispersed by Israel police - April 16th, 2014
- Israeli police fire tear gas, disperse Palestinian rioters at Jerusalem holy site - April 16th, 2014
- Palestinians, Israeli police clash at Jerusalem holy site - April 16th, 2014
- Israel Police Disperse Riot at Jerusalem Holy Site - April 16th, 2014
- Israel Says It Foiled Al Qaeda Plot To Attack U S Embassy In Tel Aviv Lou Dobbs - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Israel launches sophisticated new spy satellite which will help Jerusalem monitor atomic I - Video - April 15th, 2014
- Jerusalem: Local Christians barred from attending Holy Week services - April 15th, 2014
- On Tragedy & Resistance: Israel's Apartheid System in al Khalil / Hebron - Video - April 15th, 2014
- Jerusalem Tourism: 278 Things to Do in Jerusalem, Israel ... - April 14th, 2014
- israel Police SWAT fighting Palestinians in Jerusalem - Video - April 14th, 2014
- Passover Security: Israel closes West Bank crossing temporarily ahead of Jewish holiday - Video - April 14th, 2014
February 24, 2013 Tags: cairo, giora-eiland, Israel, israel-radio, jerusalem-post, jibril-rajoub, khaled-mashaal, palestinian, prime-minister, radio, reservist, third-intifada-, veteran, veteran-israeli Posted in: Jerusalem
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: