Israelis warns of third intifada
Published: Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM
JERUSALEM, Feb. 24 (UPI) — Israeli politicians and security officials warned Israel may be facing a third intifada (popular uprising) and urged resumption of talks with the Palestinians.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said he supports a “peaceful” intifada while former West Bank security chief Jibril Rajoub blamed extremists on both sides for the unrest.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu instructed authorities to transfer tax revenues for January to the Palestinian Authority and called on the Palestinians to restore calm to the area, Israel’s Channel 10 said.
Veteran Israeli politician Binyamin (Fuad) Ben-Eliezer warned Israel is on the verge of a third intifada, which he said would be bloodier than previous uprisings. Ben-Eliezer told Israel Radio that Netanyahu must resume peace talks with the Palestinians before the situation worsens.
The area is headed toward escalating violence mainly because of the shaky economic situation in the Palestinian Authority, Giora Eiland, former national security adviser and army reservist general, told the radio.
Other factors leading to a possible escalation in violence include the Palestinian prisoner issue, price-tag attacks carried out by extremist settlers against Palestinians and “unnecessary statements” by Palestinian officials concerning West Bank settlement building, Eiland said.
Rajoub denied the Palestinians were seeking a third intifada and blamed extremists on both sides for instigating fear and death.
“We don’t want Palestinians in the West Bank and east Jerusalem to drag the area into bloodshed. We want peace and the two-state solution,” he told Israel Radio.
Abbas said Saturday that he favors a peaceful and popular resistance, The Jerusalem Post said. Abbas said he discussed the issue with Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal in Cairo and they reached an agreement on the need for a peaceful intifada.
Follow this link:
Israelis warns of third intifada
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
urdu sahartv ir 22 feb 2013
christopher pandora's box anti semitism
anthony woodson george zimmerman
war thunder golden eagles hack
alphin amman 20 feb 2013
din merican dj blogger
dead mine full movie hd
jewish mourning moroccan communities
diana krall jewish
english convivencia: aspects christian jewish cooperation medieval england, 1189 1290
- Pope, Netanyahu spar over Jesus' native language - May 26th, 2014
- Pope Francis Spars With Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu Over Language of Jesus - May 26th, 2014
- Pope Mourns Holocaust, Honors Herzl to Conclude Holy Land Visit - May 26th, 2014
- Israel okays 50 new settler homes in E.Jerusalem: councillor - May 26th, 2014
- Pope prays at Western Wall, leaves note - May 26th, 2014
- Pope wraps up Middle East visit with Jerusalem whirl - May 25th, 2014
- Pope gives Palestinians boost of support - May 25th, 2014
- Lebanese cardinal makes rare Jerusalem visit - May 25th, 2014
- Abbas accuses Israel of forcing Christians and Muslims out of Jerusalem, al-Quds - Video - May 25th, 2014
- Protesters arrested at Jerusalem holy site ahead of Pope visit - May 25th, 2014
- Israel police arrest 26 Jewish extremists at pope visit site - May 25th, 2014
- Jerusalem police arrest 26 extremists at pope visit site - May 25th, 2014
- israel 1956 famille meyer film par Gaston Meyer(zal) jerusalem - Video - May 24th, 2014
- 5 things to watch for during pope's Mideast trip - May 24th, 2014
- Jerusalem Dateline : Innovation in Israel - May 23, 2014 - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- Jerusalem readies for Pope Francis' Holy Land tour - May 23rd, 2014
- Church defaced in Israel ahead of pope visit - May 23rd, 2014
- Israel police ban 15 extremists ahead of pope visit - May 23rd, 2014
- Israel Restricts Radical Jews Ahead of Pope's Visit - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- Israel Restricts Radical Jews Ahead of Pope's Visit - May 23rd, 2014
- Holy Land prepares for papal visit - May 22nd, 2014
- jerusalem_prep_poe_visit_afp_220514.jpg - May 22nd, 2014
- Israeli police detain extremists before pope visit - May 21st, 2014
- Relations Between Russia & Israel Warming - Video - May 21st, 2014
- Israel Denies 'Baseless' Rumor It Will Give 'Last Supper Room' to Pope - May 21st, 2014
- Helen Cunt - Evening of Drag in the "Video", Jerusalem, Israel - Video - May 21st, 2014
- Video prompts look at killing of Palestinian teens - May 20th, 2014
- NEW ALIEN !2014alienigenas en israel,ISRAEL JERUSALEM ALIENS CRAFT 2014 HUGE MOTHERSHIP - Video - May 20th, 2014
- Automobile Sales, Syria, Israel, Status of Jerusalem, U.S. Credit Rating Downgrade (2012) - Video - May 20th, 2014
- Israel Arrests 11 Palestinians in West Bank and Jerusalem - May 20th, 2014
- UK Opens Legal Clinic to Help Jerusalemites Living behind Barrier - May 20th, 2014
- Israel, Palestinians eye political gain from papal visit - May 19th, 2014
- Jerusalem the Kingdom of Heaven shall be on earth - Video - May 18th, 2014
- Pope heads to Mideast with hope for Christian unity - May 18th, 2014
- The Real Jerusalem in Israel and the other holy sites part 1 - Video - May 16th, 2014
- (ORIGINAL Version) JerusalemDIALY Fri.16 May/14 ...on the way to the Old CITY part 1/3 - Video - May 16th, 2014
- Jerusalem Christians Criticize Possible Curfew When Pope Visits - May 16th, 2014
- Hagel says US won't let Iran build nuclear weapon - May 16th, 2014
- Jerusalem No Pants Day 2013 - Video - May 16th, 2014
- MYSTERY BABYLON: POPE FRANCIS AND THE VATICAN WANT JERUSALEM - Video - May 15th, 2014
February 24, 2013 Tags: cairo, giora-eiland, Israel, israel-radio, jerusalem-post, jibril-rajoub, khaled-mashaal, palestinian, prime-minister, radio, reservist, third-intifada-, veteran, veteran-israeli Posted in: Jerusalem
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: