Israelis warns of third intifada
Published: Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM
JERUSALEM, Feb. 24 (UPI) — Israeli politicians and security officials warned Israel may be facing a third intifada (popular uprising) and urged resumption of talks with the Palestinians.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said he supports a “peaceful” intifada while former West Bank security chief Jibril Rajoub blamed extremists on both sides for the unrest.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu instructed authorities to transfer tax revenues for January to the Palestinian Authority and called on the Palestinians to restore calm to the area, Israel’s Channel 10 said.
Veteran Israeli politician Binyamin (Fuad) Ben-Eliezer warned Israel is on the verge of a third intifada, which he said would be bloodier than previous uprisings. Ben-Eliezer told Israel Radio that Netanyahu must resume peace talks with the Palestinians before the situation worsens.
The area is headed toward escalating violence mainly because of the shaky economic situation in the Palestinian Authority, Giora Eiland, former national security adviser and army reservist general, told the radio.
Other factors leading to a possible escalation in violence include the Palestinian prisoner issue, price-tag attacks carried out by extremist settlers against Palestinians and “unnecessary statements” by Palestinian officials concerning West Bank settlement building, Eiland said.
Rajoub denied the Palestinians were seeking a third intifada and blamed extremists on both sides for instigating fear and death.
“We don’t want Palestinians in the West Bank and east Jerusalem to drag the area into bloodshed. We want peace and the two-state solution,” he told Israel Radio.
Abbas said Saturday that he favors a peaceful and popular resistance, The Jerusalem Post said. Abbas said he discussed the issue with Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal in Cairo and they reached an agreement on the need for a peaceful intifada.
Follow this link:
Israelis warns of third intifada
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
seth macfarlane crypto jew
anti Sematism rise
gimme hope joanna apartheid
fatelessness watch english subtitles
sahaba iraq 1932
christianity influence culture areas currently practiced
www sexs com
importance characteristics nelson mandela ann graham gaines
- Burgas Bombing 'Raised Hezbollah Suspicions of Double Agent' - December 20th, 2014
- Jerusalem: Patriarch voices concern over Cremisan case - December 20th, 2014
- Israel Bombs Hamas Terror Infrastructure In Gaza - December 20th, 2014
- Palestinian statehood bid in UN 'act of aggression: Israel - December 18th, 2014
- 70 A.D. THE FALL OF BLACK JERUSALEM - Video - December 17th, 2014
- Mischa Maisky and The Israel Camerata Jerusalem - Gli uccelli - Ottorino Respighi La Colomba - Video - December 17th, 2014
- Mischa Maisky and The Israel Camerata Jerusalem - Gli uccelli - Ottorino Respighi Prelude - Video - December 17th, 2014
- Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel faces diplomatic ... - December 16th, 2014
- A Hanukkah Story Youve Probably Never Heard - December 16th, 2014
- Israel arrests members of Jewish extremist group that battles coexistence with Arabs - December 16th, 2014
- Bassem Eid at JPC Jerusalem Press Club - Video - December 16th, 2014
- Israel arrests 10 Jewish extremists - December 16th, 2014
- Eight Palestinians arrested on charges of online incitement against the Jews - December 15th, 2014
- My son Josiah Israel blowing the shofar for Jerusalem! - Video - December 15th, 2014
- Three Israelis charged with torching Jerusalem Arab-Jewish school - December 15th, 2014
- Jerusalem Tourism: 338 Things to Do in Jerusalem, Israel ... - December 15th, 2014
- THE TEMPLE IS NOW BEING REBUILT - BUT IT ISN'T IN JERUSALEM - Video - December 15th, 2014
- Building a shared Jerusalem: One design firm takes up the task - December 14th, 2014
- Jerusalem crisis: Amid violence, seeking paths to peace - December 14th, 2014
- Q&A with Yossi Klein Halevi: Jewish extremists endanger Israels control of Jerusalem - December 14th, 2014
- Tel Aviv, Israel - Lonely Planet - December 14th, 2014
- The Orthodox Church of St. Anne, Jerusalem - the place where the Virgin Mary was born - Video - December 13th, 2014
- Jerusalem - approaching the Lions Gate with Muslim worshipers who go to pray at the Al Aqsa Mosque - Video - December 13th, 2014
- Garden of Gethsemane, Jerusalem - an olive tree that was planted by Pope Francis (Franciscus) - Video - December 13th, 2014
- Jerusalem Dateline: Part of the Plan - December 12, 2014 - Video - December 12th, 2014
- "Nice Try, You Bastards!" - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Malzberg | Arieh King Jerusalem Councilman and Director of Israel Land Fund - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Palestinian shot after acid attack on Israeli family - December 12th, 2014
- New Governance in an Old City: The Challenges of Being Jerusalems Mayor - December 12th, 2014
- Western Wall, Jerusalem - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Palestinian acid attack injures Jewish children near Jerusalem - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Caroline Glick tells off Danish ambassador - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Israel Acid Attack: Palestinian Terror Suspect Targets Jewish Family In West Bank - December 12th, 2014
- Terrorist Throws Acid at Jewish Family Near Jerusalem - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Jerusalem clashes: Police & protesters at Al-Aqsa mosque - Video - December 12th, 2014
- 19/71: Flavius Josephus - The Wars Of The Jews - Video - December 11th, 2014
- UFO Sighting with Flash Light in Jerusalem, Israel - FindingUFO - Video - December 11th, 2014
- Jerusalem Tourism: 337 Things to Do in Jerusalem, Israel ... - December 10th, 2014
- Jerusalem Israel Museum sculpture HD - Video - December 10th, 2014
- Cute Lemurs HD in Jerusalem Biblical Zoo%2C Israel - Video - December 10th, 2014
February 24, 2013 Tags: cairo, giora-eiland, Israel, israel-radio, jerusalem-post, jibril-rajoub, khaled-mashaal, palestinian, prime-minister, radio, reservist, third-intifada-, veteran, veteran-israeli Posted in: Jerusalem
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: