Israelis warns of third intifada
Published: Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM
JERUSALEM, Feb. 24 (UPI) — Israeli politicians and security officials warned Israel may be facing a third intifada (popular uprising) and urged resumption of talks with the Palestinians.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said he supports a “peaceful” intifada while former West Bank security chief Jibril Rajoub blamed extremists on both sides for the unrest.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu instructed authorities to transfer tax revenues for January to the Palestinian Authority and called on the Palestinians to restore calm to the area, Israel’s Channel 10 said.
Veteran Israeli politician Binyamin (Fuad) Ben-Eliezer warned Israel is on the verge of a third intifada, which he said would be bloodier than previous uprisings. Ben-Eliezer told Israel Radio that Netanyahu must resume peace talks with the Palestinians before the situation worsens.
The area is headed toward escalating violence mainly because of the shaky economic situation in the Palestinian Authority, Giora Eiland, former national security adviser and army reservist general, told the radio.
Other factors leading to a possible escalation in violence include the Palestinian prisoner issue, price-tag attacks carried out by extremist settlers against Palestinians and “unnecessary statements” by Palestinian officials concerning West Bank settlement building, Eiland said.
Rajoub denied the Palestinians were seeking a third intifada and blamed extremists on both sides for instigating fear and death.
“We don’t want Palestinians in the West Bank and east Jerusalem to drag the area into bloodshed. We want peace and the two-state solution,” he told Israel Radio.
Abbas said Saturday that he favors a peaceful and popular resistance, The Jerusalem Post said. Abbas said he discussed the issue with Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal in Cairo and they reached an agreement on the need for a peaceful intifada.
Follow this link:
Israelis warns of third intifada
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
katsucon jewish massacre
dita von teese jewish
murder mary phagan dvd
hitlers holocaust ghetto torrent
black eyed peas anti semitic
b'nai brith umno
war thunder unlimited eagles hack
- Turkey may welcome Muslim Brotherhood leaders after ouster from Qatar - UN says 70,000 Syrian refugees cross into ... - September 22nd, 2014
- UN warns over Israeli plan to relocate West Bank Bedouin - September 21st, 2014
- Israeli Forces Arrest 11 in West Bank, 2 Minors in Jerusalem - September 21st, 2014
- The Spielberg Jewish Film Archive - Hakhel Celebrations 1966 - Video - September 21st, 2014
- Islamic hate speech on PA TV: Jews are "most evil among creations," "barbaric apes, wretched pigs" - Video - September 21st, 2014
- Jerusalem Gold Hotel - Jerusalem - Israel - Video - September 19th, 2014
- Jerusalem Tourism: 315 Things to Do in Jerusalem, Israel ... - September 19th, 2014
- Mountain biking in Israel near Jerusalem - Video - September 19th, 2014
- The Gay pride parade, Jerusalem, Israel 2014 - The march In the the streets of the capital of Israel - Video - September 19th, 2014
- The Gay pride parade in Jerusalem, Israel 2014 - Maariv (the Jewish evening prayer) - Video - September 19th, 2014
- The Gay pride parade in Jerusalem 2014 - the Pride products shop in the HaPa'amon Garden - Video - September 19th, 2014
- Gay pride parade in Jerusalem 2014 - The Orchestra - Video - September 19th, 2014
- World's Oldest Jewish Prayerbook on Display in Jerusalem - Video - September 18th, 2014
- Gay pride parade in Jerusalem 2014 - Pride Products stand (www.gayday.co.il) - Video - September 18th, 2014
- Oldest prayer book in existence unveiled in Jerusalem - September 18th, 2014
- Israel & the US: The Delusions of Our Diplomacy - September 18th, 2014
- Israel Moment #47 - Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem - Video - September 18th, 2014
- Archaeologists unearth Byzantine Age compound near Jerusalem - September 18th, 2014
- 12,000 Palestinian Bedouins threatened with eviction orders - Video - September 18th, 2014
- "To Jerusalem" by the IDF Chief Cantor - Video - September 17th, 2014
- Israel sold Jerusalem to the Vatican - Video - September 16th, 2014
- West Bank Jewish settler population soars: settlers - September 16th, 2014
- 22 Palestinians arrested on suspicion of rioting - September 16th, 2014
- Occupy Portland, Day 8: Israeli Anarchist Explains Zionism - Video - September 16th, 2014
- Israel Police Arrest 22 Palestinians in East Jerusalem - Video - September 16th, 2014
- Israel police arrest 22 Palestinians in east Jerusalem - September 16th, 2014
- Court gives ex-Israeli PM Olmert reprieve - September 15th, 2014
- Archbishop Atallah Hanna on Palestine and Syria; Part 7 of 8 Q & A: 2 of 3 - Video - September 15th, 2014
- Clashes in Jerusalem - Video - September 14th, 2014
- ESLIJOT DESDE JERUSALEM - Video - September 14th, 2014
- History of Jerusalem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - September 13th, 2014
- East Jerusalem tour heightens U.S. bishops' awareness of complexities - September 12th, 2014
- Upgrade@ Street party in Jerusalem, Israel - Video - September 12th, 2014
- Jerusalem Tourism: 314 Things to Do in Jerusalem, Israel ... - September 12th, 2014
- Succot Celebration 2014 in Jerusalem - Video - September 11th, 2014
- The Heresy of Palestinian Replacement Theology - Jerusalem Report! - Video - September 11th, 2014
- U.S. Ambassador to Israel, Dan Shapiro, visits United Hatzalah in Jerusalem - Video - September 11th, 2014
- Palestinian suicide bomber attacks in Jerusalem & Tel Aviv 2003 - Video - September 10th, 2014
- Israeli diplomat presents Jerusalem 9/11 Living Memorial gift to L.A. Fire Asst Chief Butler (11) - Video - September 10th, 2014
- Israeli cop charged over hurt Palestinian-American - September 10th, 2014
February 24, 2013 Tags: cairo, giora-eiland, Israel, israel-radio, jerusalem-post, jibril-rajoub, khaled-mashaal, palestinian, prime-minister, radio, reservist, third-intifada-, veteran, veteran-israeli Posted in: Jerusalem
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: