Israelis warns of third intifada
Published: Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM
JERUSALEM, Feb. 24 (UPI) — Israeli politicians and security officials warned Israel may be facing a third intifada (popular uprising) and urged resumption of talks with the Palestinians.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said he supports a “peaceful” intifada while former West Bank security chief Jibril Rajoub blamed extremists on both sides for the unrest.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu instructed authorities to transfer tax revenues for January to the Palestinian Authority and called on the Palestinians to restore calm to the area, Israel’s Channel 10 said.
Veteran Israeli politician Binyamin (Fuad) Ben-Eliezer warned Israel is on the verge of a third intifada, which he said would be bloodier than previous uprisings. Ben-Eliezer told Israel Radio that Netanyahu must resume peace talks with the Palestinians before the situation worsens.
The area is headed toward escalating violence mainly because of the shaky economic situation in the Palestinian Authority, Giora Eiland, former national security adviser and army reservist general, told the radio.
Other factors leading to a possible escalation in violence include the Palestinian prisoner issue, price-tag attacks carried out by extremist settlers against Palestinians and “unnecessary statements” by Palestinian officials concerning West Bank settlement building, Eiland said.
Rajoub denied the Palestinians were seeking a third intifada and blamed extremists on both sides for instigating fear and death.
“We don’t want Palestinians in the West Bank and east Jerusalem to drag the area into bloodshed. We want peace and the two-state solution,” he told Israel Radio.
Abbas said Saturday that he favors a peaceful and popular resistance, The Jerusalem Post said. Abbas said he discussed the issue with Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal in Cairo and they reached an agreement on the need for a peaceful intifada.
Follow this link:
Israelis warns of third intifada
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
adl honors gay marriage madeline stowe
perelman rejected million dollasr
naike 2013 israel
video song shank related bomb blasts india
sam hughes racism
christopher hitchens anti semitic holocaust
surpass neuro endograft
sex israel video
ron paul 'saving jews' wwii idea
- Jerusalem Riot Cleared By Israeli Police Holy Week For Many Continues - April 16th, 2014
- Jerusalem riot at holy site dispersed by Israel police - April 16th, 2014
- Israeli police fire tear gas, disperse Palestinian rioters at Jerusalem holy site - April 16th, 2014
- Palestinians, Israeli police clash at Jerusalem holy site - April 16th, 2014
- Israel Police Disperse Riot at Jerusalem Holy Site - April 16th, 2014
- Israel Says It Foiled Al Qaeda Plot To Attack U S Embassy In Tel Aviv Lou Dobbs - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Israel launches sophisticated new spy satellite which will help Jerusalem monitor atomic I - Video - April 15th, 2014
- Jerusalem: Local Christians barred from attending Holy Week services - April 15th, 2014
- On Tragedy & Resistance: Israel's Apartheid System in al Khalil / Hebron - Video - April 15th, 2014
- Jerusalem Tourism: 278 Things to Do in Jerusalem, Israel ... - April 14th, 2014
- israel Police SWAT fighting Palestinians in Jerusalem - Video - April 14th, 2014
- Passover Security: Israel closes West Bank crossing temporarily ahead of Jewish holiday - Video - April 14th, 2014
- Israel readies for Passover, marking Egypt exodus - April 14th, 2014
- Israel appropriates land in West Bank: newspaper - April 14th, 2014
- Israel appropriates land in West Bank - April 13th, 2014
- Israeli peace negotiator offers optimism on talks - April 13th, 2014
- Israel 'demolishes' EU-funded W.Bank housing shelters - April 11th, 2014
- Jerusalem Dateline: Medical Marvels in Israel - April 11, 2014 - Video - April 11th, 2014
- Israel launches sophisticated new spy satellite which will help Jerusalem monitor atomic Iran - Video - April 11th, 2014
- Israel: Cops brutally disperse Orthodox Jews protesting new conscription law - Video - April 11th, 2014
- Panorama. Jerusalem. - Video - April 11th, 2014
- There Has NEVER Been a Palestinian State. Jerusalem Is OURS! - Video - April 11th, 2014
- 19th Annual Bernardin Jerusalem Lecture - Video - April 10th, 2014
- Ultra Orthodox Jews clash with police in Jerusalem over military conscription - Video - April 10th, 2014
- Helicopter part 1 Tel Aviv to Jerusalem - Video - April 10th, 2014
- Hundreds of hareidim protested Thursday at Kikar Hashabat (Sabbath Square) in Jerusalem, - Video - April 10th, 2014
- Raw: Ultra Orthodox Jews Protest Military Draft - Video - April 10th, 2014
- Ultra-Orthodox Jews clash with Israeli police - April 10th, 2014
- Happy Passover from Jerusalem U - Video - April 10th, 2014
- 9 4 14 Israel Jerusalem toward 443 with Djordje Balasevic - Video - April 10th, 2014
- A Virtual Passover Pilgrimage to Jerusalem's Old City - Video - April 10th, 2014
- Steven Spielberg Jewish Film Archive - Jewish Television Magazine no. 20 - Video - April 10th, 2014
- Israel limits contact with Palestinians as peace talks falter - April 9th, 2014
- Netanyahu orders cutback in contacts with Palestinian Authority - April 9th, 2014
- Israel to Change Name of Jerusalem to... (SATIRE) - Video - April 9th, 2014
- A 'peaceful' arrest in Jerusalem - Video - April 9th, 2014
- WALDORF ASTORIA JERUSALEM OPENING ON CHANNEL 1 TV ISRAEL - APRIL 2014 - Video - April 9th, 2014
- West Bank - Wikitravel - Wikitravel - The Free Travel Guide - April 9th, 2014
- Jewish Capoeria by the Brazilian Chayat Brothers in the Old City of Jerusalem, Israel - Video - April 8th, 2014
- IDF Corps Prepare for Pre-Pesach 2014 Food Distribution in Jerusalem - Kimcha D'Pischa [HD] - Video - April 8th, 2014
February 24, 2013 Tags: cairo, giora-eiland, Israel, israel-radio, jerusalem-post, jibril-rajoub, khaled-mashaal, palestinian, prime-minister, radio, reservist, third-intifada-, veteran, veteran-israeli Posted in: Jerusalem
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: