Israelis warns of third intifada
Published: Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM
JERUSALEM, Feb. 24 (UPI) — Israeli politicians and security officials warned Israel may be facing a third intifada (popular uprising) and urged resumption of talks with the Palestinians.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said he supports a “peaceful” intifada while former West Bank security chief Jibril Rajoub blamed extremists on both sides for the unrest.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu instructed authorities to transfer tax revenues for January to the Palestinian Authority and called on the Palestinians to restore calm to the area, Israel’s Channel 10 said.
Veteran Israeli politician Binyamin (Fuad) Ben-Eliezer warned Israel is on the verge of a third intifada, which he said would be bloodier than previous uprisings. Ben-Eliezer told Israel Radio that Netanyahu must resume peace talks with the Palestinians before the situation worsens.
The area is headed toward escalating violence mainly because of the shaky economic situation in the Palestinian Authority, Giora Eiland, former national security adviser and army reservist general, told the radio.
Other factors leading to a possible escalation in violence include the Palestinian prisoner issue, price-tag attacks carried out by extremist settlers against Palestinians and “unnecessary statements” by Palestinian officials concerning West Bank settlement building, Eiland said.
Rajoub denied the Palestinians were seeking a third intifada and blamed extremists on both sides for instigating fear and death.
“We don’t want Palestinians in the West Bank and east Jerusalem to drag the area into bloodshed. We want peace and the two-state solution,” he told Israel Radio.
Abbas said Saturday that he favors a peaceful and popular resistance, The Jerusalem Post said. Abbas said he discussed the issue with Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal in Cairo and they reached an agreement on the need for a peaceful intifada.
Follow this link:
Israelis warns of third intifada
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
arab sex levi
christopher pandora's box anti semitism
jerusalem song mp3
zee tv india
Christian, muslem jewish debates 2013
dalhousie information management
war thunder lions eagles
urdu sahartv ir 22 feb 2013
mark wahlberg racist anti semitic
- Army Arrests 3 in Jerusalem and West Bank, Summon 3 in Bethlehem - March 9th, 2014
- Netanyahu says any peace deal with Palestinians at least a year away - March 9th, 2014
- Israel Approves Hundreds Of New Homes In East Jerusalem - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Netanyahu Says Israel Will Protect Settlements Over Its Borders - March 7th, 2014
- Benjamin Netanyahu to visit Museum of Tolerance in L.A. - March 7th, 2014
- Vatican : False Prophet Francis to visit the City of Jerusalem in January 2014 (Jul 29, 2013) - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Contemporary Jewish Issues for Yeshivat Kadimah, St. Louis, - Video - March 7th, 2014
- 45,000 Palestinians without water around Jerusalem al-Quds - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Israel diplomat strike could hinder pope visit - March 7th, 2014
- Mountain biking Israel Nahal Refaim Jerusalem Zoo and back Judea Mountains712 - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Israeli President Shimon Peres takes questions from Arab world - March 6th, 2014
- WATCH LIVE: Tribute to Edgar Bronfman at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem - Video - March 6th, 2014
- In The Old City Jerusalem With Arieh King - Video - March 6th, 2014
- Jericho (Palestinian Authority) - driving on the main street towards Jerusalem - Video - March 5th, 2014
- Israel trumpets seizure of 'Iranian' weapons shipment (+video) - March 5th, 2014
- Nehemia Gordon - The Crucifixion & the Walls of Jerusalem Pt 8 - Video - March 5th, 2014
- The Needs of the Jewish Community - Video - March 5th, 2014
- Snow in Jerusalem Dec. 2013 NIEVE EN JERUSALEM DIC 2013 - Video - March 5th, 2014
- Israel : Hamas fire Rockets at Jerusalem while Egypt embraces the Terrorist (Nov 16, 2012) - Video - March 5th, 2014
- Israel : Hamas Terrorist fire Rockets at Jerusalem as IDF preps for Ground Invasion (Nov 16, 2012) - Video - March 5th, 2014
- Caroline Glick -- senior contributing editor of The Jerusalem Post and author of the new book - Video - March 4th, 2014
- Ultra Orthodox Jews protest at the entrance to Jerusalem - Video - March 4th, 2014
- Israel Proceeds with Excavation Works in Suwaneh near Jerusalem - March 4th, 2014
- Jerusalem Photos Day 5 - Video - March 4th, 2014
- Jerusalem Photos Day 4 - Video - March 4th, 2014
- U2 - One - Yitzhak Rabin Tribute - Faith and Justice - Jerusalem - Video - March 4th, 2014
- Jerusalem Photos Day 2 includes Bethlehem - Video - March 4th, 2014
- Jerusalem Photos Day 1 - Video - March 4th, 2014
- Jerusalem Video Clips Part 3 - Video - March 4th, 2014
- Jerusalem Video Clips Part 2 - Video - March 4th, 2014
- Jerusalem Video Clips Part 1 - Video - March 3rd, 2014
- West Bank housing starts rise by more than 120 percent for 2013 - March 3rd, 2014
- WOW Jihad Should be Directed at Jerusalem, Not Syria - Palestinian Minister Mahmoud Habbash - Video - March 3rd, 2014
- Thousands Of Orthodox Jews Flood The Streets In Jerusalem To Protest Military Draft Bill - Video - March 3rd, 2014
- Gaza Access 8 Graduation Ceremony, Remarks from American Consul General in Jerusalem - Video - March 3rd, 2014
- Israeli Orthodox Jews protest plan to force military service - March 3rd, 2014
- Jerusalem -Thousands of Ultra-Orthodox Jews Protest Against IDF Service! New - Video - March 3rd, 2014
- Natalie Portman gets busy with 'project of her life' in Jerusalem - Video - March 3rd, 2014
- Steven Spielberg Jewish Film Archive - Home And Away - Video - March 3rd, 2014
- Haredi Protest in Jerusalem - Video - March 3rd, 2014
February 24, 2013 Tags: cairo, giora-eiland, Israel, israel-radio, jerusalem-post, jibril-rajoub, khaled-mashaal, palestinian, prime-minister, radio, reservist, third-intifada-, veteran, veteran-israeli Posted in: Jerusalem
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: