Jewish Writer Tuvia Tenenbom In Hot Water for Nazi Salute
courtesty of tuvia tenenbom
One of Us: Writer and editor Tuvia Tenenboms Aryan appearance disarmed his subjects and allowed them to reveal their prejudices.
Published February 05, 2013.
Israeli-born Jewish author Tuvia Tenenbom is in trouble in Germany for raising his arm in the Hitler salute, which is banned in the country.
Tenenbom told the Magdeburg Volksstimme newspaper he had made the gesture toward a group of 900 neo-Nazis demonstrating there on Jan. 12 in order to provoke them. He was accompanied by a TV news camera team.
Tenenbom is now under investigation for using unconstitutional symbols, after the neo-Nazis pointed him out to police.
Nazi propaganda, including gestures, songs and symbols, are illegal with very few exceptions, mostly for academic use. Most neo-Nazis in Germany play the game carefully, avoiding exact replicas of Nazi propaganda and – instead of denying the Holocaust – questioning its severity and saying that German suffering was worse.
Tenenboms new book, an exploration of anti-Semitism in Germany titled I Sleep in Hitlers Room, is a bestseller in Germany. He is founding artistic director of the Jewish Theater of New York.
Read this article:
Jewish Writer Tuvia Tenenbom In Hot Water for Nazi Salute
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
massive attack antisemetic
nato leaving libya 2013
academy awards anti semitism
sir rateb rabie
catholic jew pontificates
kkk confederate sons america
jewish mourning moroccan communities
miss versi slow
ittehad teachers palestine
- Ukraine crisis: Jews ordered to register in Donetsk - April 18th, 2014
- FROM A FORMER JEW The Jewish Talmud Exposed Brother Nathanael - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Letter: A close look at US-Israel relations - April 17th, 2014
- Kansas Jewish Attacks: Ex-KKK leader in court over deadly Kansas anti-Semitic shooting rampage - Video - April 17th, 2014
- The Ku Klux Klan Wants to Recruit You - April 17th, 2014
- The Ku Klux Klan Tries To Make A Comeback - April 17th, 2014
- The Klu Klux Klan Wants to Recruit You - April 17th, 2014
- David Duke Radio April 16th, 2014 - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Suspected Jewish Community Center Gunman Makes First Court Appearance - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Suspect in Kansas Shootings Faces Murder Charges - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Was Kansas Shooting Avoidable? White Supremacist Was Ex-Informant With Criminal Past & Hateful Views - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Clarence Page: Exploring 'pathological bias' - April 17th, 2014
- Suspect in court wearing suicide smock - April 17th, 2014
- Racist Website Called 'Murder Capital of the Internet' - April 17th, 2014
- Anti-Jewish fliers in eastern Ukraine blasted - April 17th, 2014
- Fight or flight: The nature of Judaism - April 17th, 2014
- Holocaust survivor shares story at Wilson College - April 17th, 2014
- JCC Dance - Leaves in the Forest (Pre-Ballet) - Video - April 17th, 2014
- JCC Dance - Breadcrumbs (Pre-Ballet) - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Kerry reacts to report that Jews in Ukrainian city told to register - April 17th, 2014
- Kerry: Jews told to ID themselves - April 17th, 2014
- Holocaust memorial service at Temple Beth Torah features survivor Bill Orlin - April 17th, 2014
- Palestinians rally for prisoners as peace talks falter - April 17th, 2014
- SJT - Musical Comedy Cabaret, Live @ OzenBar Tel Aviv, Jan/2014 - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Moroccan film unearths forgotten memories of lost Jewish community - April 17th, 2014
- Curious About Palestine, Israeli Visitors Return - April 17th, 2014
- David Cameron is a PM who does 'do God' - April 17th, 2014
- Afghan Soldiers Kill 6 US Servicemen: Dead NATO Personnel Were Betrayed by Afghani Soldier - Video - April 17th, 2014
- The Necessary Rise of the Black Baroness - April 17th, 2014
- Race bill sparks Holocaust denial fears - April 17th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi Jewish Community Center Shooter Praised Ron Paul in 2010 - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Brownback welcomes input on need for hate-crime legislation - April 17th, 2014
- Israeli Intelligence Agencies - Federation of American ... - April 17th, 2014
- Klan membership in Palmetto State 'small and scattered' - April 17th, 2014
- Hate crime confirmed in Kansas City shootings - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Family: 2 Shot in Head at Kan. Jewish Center - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Ex KKK leader arrested after Jewish center shooting in Kansas, hate crime suspected - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Jerusalem riot at holy site dispersed by Israel police - April 16th, 2014
- Palestinians wounded in clashes with Israeli police at al-Aqsa mosque - April 16th, 2014
- israel-hebron-military-reuters-160414.JPG - April 16th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: