Jewish Writer Tuvia Tenenbom In Hot Water for Nazi Salute
courtesty of tuvia tenenbom
One of Us: Writer and editor Tuvia Tenenboms Aryan appearance disarmed his subjects and allowed them to reveal their prejudices.
Published February 05, 2013.
Israeli-born Jewish author Tuvia Tenenbom is in trouble in Germany for raising his arm in the Hitler salute, which is banned in the country.
Tenenbom told the Magdeburg Volksstimme newspaper he had made the gesture toward a group of 900 neo-Nazis demonstrating there on Jan. 12 in order to provoke them. He was accompanied by a TV news camera team.
Tenenbom is now under investigation for using unconstitutional symbols, after the neo-Nazis pointed him out to police.
Nazi propaganda, including gestures, songs and symbols, are illegal with very few exceptions, mostly for academic use. Most neo-Nazis in Germany play the game carefully, avoiding exact replicas of Nazi propaganda and – instead of denying the Holocaust – questioning its severity and saying that German suffering was worse.
Tenenboms new book, an exploration of anti-Semitism in Germany titled I Sleep in Hitlers Room, is a bestseller in Germany. He is founding artistic director of the Jewish Theater of New York.
Read this article:
Jewish Writer Tuvia Tenenbom In Hot Water for Nazi Salute
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
muslims revels quotes
importance characteristics nelson mandela ann graham gaines
gimme hope joanna apartheid
harlem shake meaning anti christian
sex israel video
gangstalking toronto 2013
ofcom peace tv
WWII HD: New World Order
- Why Israeli Officials Chuckle: Stable West Bank Dilemma - April 24th, 2014
- Jewish film series starts Wednesday with 'Aftermath' - April 24th, 2014
- Dual beliefs spark conflict in true tale of The Jewish Cardinal - April 24th, 2014
- Traveling Holocaust exhibit opens Monday at Blake Library - April 24th, 2014
- UN Report on Palestine: Military Occupation, Apartheid, and Torture - April 24th, 2014
- The KKK's Problem Is Their Bad Image, Says CNN - Video - April 24th, 2014
- Southern Poverty Law Center Gets Up Close to White Supremacist Extremists - April 24th, 2014
- Holocaust Remembrance service set for Sunday - April 24th, 2014
- ARMENIAN ASSEMBLY OF AMERICA WELCOMES AMERICAN JEWISH COMMITTEE STATEMENT URGING TURKEY TO ADDRESS ARMENIAN GENOCIDE - April 23rd, 2014
- Jewish genetic testing offered - April 23rd, 2014
- Chabad.org - Official Site - April 23rd, 2014
- Shawshank Redemption - The Jewish Perspective - Video - April 23rd, 2014
- Holocaust survivor shares her story with Weld County students - April 23rd, 2014
- Jewish Community Center Shooting - Take 7 - Video - April 23rd, 2014
- Jewish contributions to modern architecture and design - April 23rd, 2014
- Haredi Techno (Ultra Orthodox Jews Israel Judaism Hasidic Jewish) - Video - April 23rd, 2014
- West Bank Passover: Samaritans gather for special sunrise prayer to mark Jewish Passover h - Video - April 22nd, 2014
- Brazilian Jewish community looks to Israel: record numbers of Brazilian Jews make Aliyah - Video - April 22nd, 2014
- Israel encouraging more Christians to join military service - April 22nd, 2014
- Coffee with Kafka: Spain's Jewish Book Club - Video - April 22nd, 2014
- Hava Naglia - Jewish Traditional - Video - April 22nd, 2014
- Ukraine hoax fuels anger, revulsion that's heartening to see - April 22nd, 2014
- Spanish village to hold referendum over 'Kill Jews' name - April 22nd, 2014
- Children develop love of Judaism at Temple Emanu-El - April 22nd, 2014
- Should Abbas jump on Indyks galloping horse? - April 22nd, 2014
- Israel boycott movement is antisemitic, says Binyamin Netanyahu - April 22nd, 2014
- Ku Klux Klan starts neighborhood watch program - April 22nd, 2014
- CNN looks into whether the Ku Klux Klan can rebrand - April 22nd, 2014
- Note to the Jews: Be Prepared to Fight Back - April 22nd, 2014
- "Pizzicato Polka" by Jewish Community Center of Dance - Video - April 22nd, 2014
- Jewish Registration in Ukraine Story Causes Anti-Jewish Explosion - Video - April 21st, 2014
- Tiny town of Kill Jews' big question - April 21st, 2014
- Unfortunately named town of 'Kill Jews' to vote on name change - April 21st, 2014
- evil bad Jewish Talmud Exposed? - Video - April 21st, 2014
- Spanish town 'Kill Jews' will vote to change its name - April 21st, 2014
- How Jewish artists built Broadway - April 21st, 2014
- A Jewish Kings letter to the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) ThePropheticWay - Video - April 21st, 2014
- In West Bank, Israeli and Palestinian teens arrested for rock throwing face different fates - April 20th, 2014
- Holy days converge in packed Old City Jerusalem - April 20th, 2014
- Passover Celebration: West Bank Samaritans mark Jewish holiday - Video - April 20th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: