Jewish Writer Tuvia Tenenbom In Hot Water for Nazi Salute
courtesty of tuvia tenenbom
One of Us: Writer and editor Tuvia Tenenboms Aryan appearance disarmed his subjects and allowed them to reveal their prejudices.
Published February 05, 2013.
Israeli-born Jewish author Tuvia Tenenbom is in trouble in Germany for raising his arm in the Hitler salute, which is banned in the country.
Tenenbom told the Magdeburg Volksstimme newspaper he had made the gesture toward a group of 900 neo-Nazis demonstrating there on Jan. 12 in order to provoke them. He was accompanied by a TV news camera team.
Tenenbom is now under investigation for using unconstitutional symbols, after the neo-Nazis pointed him out to police.
Nazi propaganda, including gestures, songs and symbols, are illegal with very few exceptions, mostly for academic use. Most neo-Nazis in Germany play the game carefully, avoiding exact replicas of Nazi propaganda and – instead of denying the Holocaust – questioning its severity and saying that German suffering was worse.
Tenenboms new book, an exploration of anti-Semitism in Germany titled I Sleep in Hitlers Room, is a bestseller in Germany. He is founding artistic director of the Jewish Theater of New York.
Read this article:
Jewish Writer Tuvia Tenenbom In Hot Water for Nazi Salute
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
john schlotter hsbc attorney
purim festival gateshead 2013
shabbat songs moroccan
gordon parks kkk
jason fender knocked
eline hoekstra dresden
christians spiritual jews
oscar jewish racism
Netanyahu, army brass held special discussion Syria chemical weapons
- U.S. Rebukes Israel Over West Bank Land Appropriation - September 1st, 2014
- 'Anti-Semitism is poisonous': hundreds gather for rally against anti-Jewish attacks - September 1st, 2014
- Letters to the editor, Sept. 1, 2014 - September 1st, 2014
- The Golan Heights, Israel - Israel Tour Connection - September 1st, 2014
- Israel seizes land in West Bank block - September 1st, 2014
- Jewish Pilot takes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge on an airplane - Video - September 1st, 2014
- The Jewish View-Stephen Lefkowitz 4 16 1996 part 1 - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Israel proposes taking more West Bank land for Jewish settlers - August 31st, 2014
- Are Jews Christians? - August 31st, 2014
- Canadian author tackles becoming Jewish again in her memoir 'Between Gods' - August 31st, 2014
- Orthodox Jewish Community Leaves Guatemala Village - August 31st, 2014
- Investing in Colorado's Youth and Beyond - August 31st, 2014
- Touring Israel: Gil in Jewish Quarter Jerusalem - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Guatemala Mayans: from victims of discrimination to perpetrators? - August 31st, 2014
- Jewish Extremism Archives - David Duke.com | David Duke.com - August 31st, 2014
- RAMZPAUL: Chuck Schumer: Nationalism for Me, Not for Thee - August 31st, 2014
- Jewish Supremacism Archives - David Duke.com | David Duke.com - August 31st, 2014
- With Gaza War, Movement to Boycott Israel Gains Momentum in Europe - August 31st, 2014
- Anti-Israel Professor Returns to Trinity College Will Controversy Come Back Too? - August 31st, 2014
- Latest kids' fashion mimics concentration camp garb - August 31st, 2014
- Gilad Atzmon - The Truthseeker - August 31st, 2014
- The Lavon Affair: How a false-flag operation led to war ... - August 31st, 2014
- Swedish neo-Nazi rally blasted with Schindler's List theme - August 31st, 2014
- Anti-Semitism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - August 31st, 2014
- Is Christianity Anti-Jewish? - Hebrew for Christians - August 31st, 2014
- Europe's Slow Surrender to Intolerance - August 31st, 2014
- Pro-Palestinian gang attacks NYC Jews - August 31st, 2014
- Mossad - Haaretz | Israel News - August 31st, 2014
- David Duke August 28th, 2014 - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Poland on edge 75 years after Hitler and Stalin carved it up - August 31st, 2014
- The Blessing of a Skinned Knee: Using Jewish Teachings to Raise Self-Reliant Children VIDEO... - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Syria - Haaretz | Israel News - August 30th, 2014
- Anne Frank - World War II - HISTORY.com - August 30th, 2014
- Ultra-Orthodox Jews who moved from Canada to Guatamalan village to find 'religious freedom' are force to leave because ... - August 30th, 2014
- Jewish sect expelled from Guatemalan village after clashes with Mayan villagers - August 30th, 2014
- Jewish group Lev Tahor expelled from Guatemalan village - Video - August 30th, 2014
- Jewish Lev Tahor Sect 'Forced From' Guatemalan Village - August 30th, 2014
- LAWRENCE: Meet the new rabbi at Adath Israel Congregation - August 30th, 2014
- Suicidal Jewish Girl to Orthodox Jew to Believer of Jesus! Many Jews come to Jesus! - Video - August 30th, 2014
- Jewish Sephardi) Recipes - Food.com - August 30th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: