Jewish Writer Tuvia Tenenbom In Hot Water for Nazi Salute
courtesty of tuvia tenenbom
One of Us: Writer and editor Tuvia Tenenboms Aryan appearance disarmed his subjects and allowed them to reveal their prejudices.
Published February 05, 2013.
Israeli-born Jewish author Tuvia Tenenbom is in trouble in Germany for raising his arm in the Hitler salute, which is banned in the country.
Tenenbom told the Magdeburg Volksstimme newspaper he had made the gesture toward a group of 900 neo-Nazis demonstrating there on Jan. 12 in order to provoke them. He was accompanied by a TV news camera team.
Tenenbom is now under investigation for using unconstitutional symbols, after the neo-Nazis pointed him out to police.
Nazi propaganda, including gestures, songs and symbols, are illegal with very few exceptions, mostly for academic use. Most neo-Nazis in Germany play the game carefully, avoiding exact replicas of Nazi propaganda and – instead of denying the Holocaust – questioning its severity and saying that German suffering was worse.
Tenenboms new book, an exploration of anti-Semitism in Germany titled I Sleep in Hitlers Room, is a bestseller in Germany. He is founding artistic director of the Jewish Theater of New York.
Read this article:
Jewish Writer Tuvia Tenenbom In Hot Water for Nazi Salute
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
murder mary phagan dvd
anti semitism wright
fun facts ancient jerusalem
oscar pistorius jewish
war thunder lions eagles
katsucon jewish massacre
syrian crisis 2013
Bilbe Jewish consipracies
- Jerusalem, West Bank tensions stoke fears of new intifada - October 24th, 2014
- Elan Carr And Ted Lieu To Take Part In Final Debate Before The Election, Tuesday At Beth Jacob - October 24th, 2014
- Rochester By-Election: David Cameron's Candidate Kelly Tolhurst is Anti-Israel Activist - October 24th, 2014
- Manufacturing a Hate Crime, Deflecting the Gaza Fallout - October 24th, 2014
- Big Tech Wakes Up to Hate Speech Threat After #GoodJew Ruling in Europe - October 24th, 2014
- Used to rebuild Warsaw, Jewish tombstones return to cemeteries - October 24th, 2014
- Chutzpah: Women Defy Rules to Pray at Jewish Holy Site - October 24th, 2014
- Britains Palestine vote is a non-starter - October 24th, 2014
- VIDEO: Phones off to mark Jewish Sabbath - October 24th, 2014
- Why Jews Will Vote Democrat Again - October 24th, 2014
- Jewish BDS Group Protests Israeli Dance Troupe in Buenos Aires - October 24th, 2014
- Addison Penzak Jewish Community Center of Silicon Valley celebrates its 40th anniversary - October 24th, 2014
- Discrimination should be unwelcome in California - October 24th, 2014
- The Battle for Palestine Part Two - October 24th, 2014
- TVs Jewish characters of color - October 24th, 2014
- Jewish Mafia (Media) Controls EBOLA Propaganda in U.S. - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Jewish community of Petaluma celebrates 150 years - October 23rd, 2014
- Jerusalem Streetcar Vandalism Shows Citys Divisions After Gaza - October 23rd, 2014
- Lakewood's Golden Hill Cemetery links to Jewish history, TB epidemic - October 23rd, 2014
- Adult Ed With Rabbi Tully Harcsztark Topic: Judaism and Social Justice Part 1/4 - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Hatzalah Ambulance serves Orthodox Jewish community and beyond - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- WATCH: The Rabbi Freundel scandal: what does it mean for women and Judaism? - October 23rd, 2014
- Muslim young man kills a Jewish baby in Jerusalem, Israel - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Jerusalem Attack Raises Unrest Fears, Heightens Policy Divisions - October 23rd, 2014
- Adolf Hitler Tried to Cover Up his Jewish Roots - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Rajnath Singh set to visit Israel next month, to meet Benjamin Netanyahu - October 23rd, 2014
- Did the Jewish People Accept the Shulchan Aruch? - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Woman makes history at college and in Judaism - October 23rd, 2014
- Shalom, Y'all Jewish Food Festival back in Forsyth for 26th year - October 23rd, 2014
- What's Your Story? Inspirational Stories From the Colorful Tapestry of Jewish Folklore - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- Student organization encourages conversation about Palestine - October 22nd, 2014
- Riots Follow a Suspected Terror Attack in Jerusalem - October 22nd, 2014
- Albany Devils Stand up against Bullying - October 22nd, 2014
- Cha Cha Slide.... Jewish & Mexican style - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- What is Jewish about breast cancer? Sharsheret spreads message about risk - October 22nd, 2014
- Israel says no plan to allow Jews to pray at Al-Aqsa - October 22nd, 2014
- Jerusalem Terror Attack - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- HUGO De GARIS on the (ME) Jewish Banking Network - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- The Times of Israel - Official Site - October 22nd, 2014
- Netanyahu reportedly withdraws support for conversion bill - October 22nd, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: