Jewish Writer Tuvia Tenenbom In Hot Water for Nazi Salute
courtesty of tuvia tenenbom
One of Us: Writer and editor Tuvia Tenenboms Aryan appearance disarmed his subjects and allowed them to reveal their prejudices.
Published February 05, 2013.
Israeli-born Jewish author Tuvia Tenenbom is in trouble in Germany for raising his arm in the Hitler salute, which is banned in the country.
Tenenbom told the Magdeburg Volksstimme newspaper he had made the gesture toward a group of 900 neo-Nazis demonstrating there on Jan. 12 in order to provoke them. He was accompanied by a TV news camera team.
Tenenbom is now under investigation for using unconstitutional symbols, after the neo-Nazis pointed him out to police.
Nazi propaganda, including gestures, songs and symbols, are illegal with very few exceptions, mostly for academic use. Most neo-Nazis in Germany play the game carefully, avoiding exact replicas of Nazi propaganda and – instead of denying the Holocaust – questioning its severity and saying that German suffering was worse.
Tenenboms new book, an exploration of anti-Semitism in Germany titled I Sleep in Hitlers Room, is a bestseller in Germany. He is founding artistic director of the Jewish Theater of New York.
Read this article:
Jewish Writer Tuvia Tenenbom In Hot Water for Nazi Salute
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
celeb adl tube
universal theocratic law
sean paul dissed
minecraft battleship uss missouri
habakkuk anti babylonians
happens judge falls asleep during proceedings
jesse ventura anti semite
jasmin caroline lafayette
john schlotter hsbc attorney
- Angela Merkel Pledges Zero Tolerance for Anti-Semitism - September 14th, 2014
- 1ST LEAD Judaism is part of German identity, Merkel tells anti-Semitism rally By Jean-Baptiste Piggin, dpa - September 14th, 2014
- Merkel leads Berlin rally against anti-Semitism - September 14th, 2014
- Merkel leads Berlin rally against anti-Semitism, says Jewish life part of German identity - September 14th, 2014
- At a landmark Berlin rally, Merkel vows to fight anti-Semitism - September 14th, 2014
- Spanish Cities Celebrate Jewish Womens Contributions to Their Heritage - September 14th, 2014
- David Letterman Julianna Margulies' Jewish Christmas - Video - September 14th, 2014
- Brussels Jewish Museum opens its doors four months after shooting - September 14th, 2014
- Italy's 'Little Jerusalem' Opens The Doors To Jewish History - September 14th, 2014
- Merkel to rally fight against anti-Semitism - September 14th, 2014
- Brussels Jewish museum reopens - September 14th, 2014
- A new anti-Semitism? Why thousands of Jewish citizens are leaving France - September 13th, 2014
- Le scribe du JEWISH Code vous parle... - Video - September 13th, 2014
- Obama 'Confident' of Islamic State Group's Defeat - September 13th, 2014
- Jew | Define Jew at Dictionary.com - September 13th, 2014
- Jewish leader: European voters endanger countries' reputation with far-right successes - September 13th, 2014
- Jewish Leader: Far-Right Votes Risk Nations' Name - September 13th, 2014
- The Arab-Israeli conflict: Arab leaders must choose development over destruction - Sat, 13 Sep 2014 PST - September 13th, 2014
- Jewish Professor Say Jesus & Moses Were Muslims! - Video - September 13th, 2014
- East Jerusalem tour heightens U.S. bishops' awareness of complexities - September 12th, 2014
- Volokh Conspiracy: Do Jews really vote Democratic because they are Jews? - September 12th, 2014
- Vatican Absolves Jews for the Alleged Murder of Jesus Christ - September 12th, 2014
- Suspected Jewish Museum killer in custody for 3 months - Video - September 12th, 2014
- Brussels Jewish museum suspect in custody for 3 months - September 12th, 2014
- The Jewish and Christian dispensations Pt 1 - Gary Colley - Video - September 12th, 2014
- TJC's Jewish News Week in Review: September 12, 2014 - Video - September 12th, 2014
- Anti Jewish Protester holds sign at NYC - Video - September 12th, 2014
- S.African paper apologises for article comparing Tutu to Hitler - September 12th, 2014
- Majority of Americans Comfortable with Openly Gay Seniors in Assisted Living Facilities - September 12th, 2014
- What to do in Andalusia - September 12th, 2014
- Hava Nagila (Jewish Traditional) by Acoustic Element - Video - September 12th, 2014
- Jewish Board of Deputies condemns 'Tutu no better than Hitler' report - September 12th, 2014
- Jewish and the City 2014 - Scuola Ebraica di Milano - Video - September 12th, 2014
- Jewish Leaders Meet With Hungarian Government After Almost a Year of Silence - September 12th, 2014
- Anti-Semitic Acts Almost Doubled in France, Jewish Group Says - September 12th, 2014
- Researchers find a link between Jewish women and cancer, without family history - September 12th, 2014
- Book review: The Terrorists Son: A Story of Choice, by Zak Ebrahim with Jeff Giles - September 12th, 2014
- David Duke Radio September 9th, 2014 - Video - September 12th, 2014
- I Guess Im Jewish? - Video - September 12th, 2014
- Jewish push on child sex inquiry - September 12th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: