Why did people from the Nation of Islam kill Malcolm X?
Malcolm X (pronounced /mlkm ks/) (born Malcolm Little; May 19, 1925 February 21, 1965), also known as El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Arabic: ), was an African-American Muslim minister, public speaker, and human rights activist. To his admirers, he was a courageous advocate for the rights of African Americans, a man who indicted white America in the harshest terms for its crimes against black Americans. His detractors accused him of preaching racism, black supremacy, antisemitism, and violence. He has been described as one of the greatest and most influential African Americans in history.
Malcolm X was born in Omaha, Nebraska. By the time he was thirteen, his father had died and his mother had been committed to a mental hospital. His childhood, including his father’s lessons concerning black pride and self-reliance and his own experiences concerning race, played a significant role in Malcolm X’s adult life. After living in a series of foster homes, Malcolm X became involved in hustling and other criminal activities in Boston and New York. In 1946, Malcolm X was sentenced to eight to ten years in prison.
While in prison, Malcolm X became a member of the Nation of Islam. After his parole in 1952, he became one of the Nation’s leaders and chief spokesmen. For nearly a dozen years, he was the public face of the Nation of Islam. Tension between Malcolm X and Elijah Muhammad, head of the Nation of Islam, led to Malcolm X’s departure from the organization in March 1964.
After leaving the Nation of Islam, Malcolm X became a Sunni Muslim and made a pilgrimage to Mecca, after which he disavowed racism. He traveled extensively throughout Africa and the Middle East. He founded Muslim Mosque, Inc., a religious organization, and the secular, black nationalist Organization of Afro-American Unity. Less than a year after he left the Nation of Islam, Malcolm X was assassinated while giving a speech in New York.
In 1952, after his release from prison, Little visited Elijah Muhammad in Chicago, Illinois. Then, like many members of the Nation of Islam, he changed his surname to “X”. In his autobiography, Malcolm X explained the “X”: “The Muslim’s ‘X’ symbolized the true African family name that he never could know. For me, my ‘X’ replaced the white slavemaster name of ‘Little’ which some blue-eyed devil named Little had imposed upon my paternal forebears.”
The FBI opened a file on Malcolm X in March 1953 after hearing from an informant that Malcolm X described himself as a Communist. Soon the FBI turned its attention from concerns about possible Communist Party association to Malcolm X’s rapid ascent in the Nation of Islam.
In June 1953, Malcolm X was named assistant minister of the Nation of Islam’s Temple Number One in Detroit. By late 1953, he established Boston’s Temple Number Eleven. In March 1954, Malcolm X expanded Temple Number Twelve in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Two months later he was selected to lead the Nation of Islam’s Temple Number Seven in Harlem. He rapidly expanded its membership. After a 1959 television broadcast in New York City about the Nation of Islam, The Hate That Hate Produced, Malcolm X became known to a much wider audience. Representatives of the print media, radio, and television frequently asked him for comments on issues. He was also sought as a spokesman by reporters from other countries.
Beside his skill as an speaker, Malcolm X had an impressive physical presence. He stood 6 feet 3 inches (1.91 m) tall and weighed about 180 pounds (82 kg). According to one writer, Malcolm X was “powerfully built”, and another described him as a “mesmerizingly handsome … and always spotlessly well-groomed”.
From his adoption of the Nation of Islam in 1952 until he left the organization in 1964, Malcolm X promoted the Nation’s teachings. He taught that black people were the original people of the world, and that white people were a race of devils. In his speeches, Malcolm X said that black people were superior to white people, and that the demise of the white race was imminent.
While the civil rights movement fought against racial segregation, Malcolm X advocated the complete separation of African Americans from white people. He proposed the establishment of a separate country for black people as an interim measure until African Americans could return to Africa. Malcolm X also rejected the civil rights movement’s strategy of nonviolence and instead advocated that black people use any necessary means of self-defense to protect themselves.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
tim lieder founder dybbuk
jonathan sierra agronomia
dalhousie information management
anti semetic celtic
oscar jewish racism
exhibition holocaust LGBTI
west bank fighting 19 februar
purim ii promoting genocide
- Al-Mu'min Media Interviews Minister Ishmael R. Muhammad (Nation of Islam), Part 2 - Video - March 10th, 2014
- Safe Sex in Islam: The Islamic Aproach to Intimacy (Siraj Wahhaj) on TheDeenShow - Video - March 8th, 2014
- Cassius Clay Was Renamed Muhammad Ali 50 Years Ago Today (PICTURES/VIDEO) - March 7th, 2014
- The Lost Found Nation Of Islam - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Cassius Clay Was Renamed Muhammad Ali 50 Years Ago Today - March 6th, 2014
- Saviours' Day 2014 National Drill Competition - Video - March 6th, 2014
- Saviour's Day 2014 Part 3 - Video - March 5th, 2014
- Saviour's Day 2014 Part 1 - Video - March 4th, 2014
- Saviour's Day 2014 Part 3 (History of Malcom X, Farrakhan and Ali Mahdi Muhammad) - Video - March 4th, 2014
- WOW Minister Farrakhan ( Nation of Islam ) asks President Obama to open up Area 51 to the World - Video - March 4th, 2014
- Saviour's Day 2014 Part 4 (History of Malcom X, Farrakhan and Ali Mahdi Muhammad) - Video - March 4th, 2014
- Nation of Islam's Influence on the Civil Rights Movement (Arabic/English Translation) - Video - March 3rd, 2014
- Saviour's Day 2014 Part 2 - Video - March 3rd, 2014
- F.O.I Commercial - Video - February 28th, 2014
- MUST SEE Rothschild Bankers EXPOSED in 1995 by Louis Farrakhan ( nation of Islam ) - Video - February 28th, 2014
- The Beginning of an Aviation Department - Video - February 28th, 2014
- Historic saviour's day 2014 excerpt. Ital IMan interviews Min..lucius Bey - Video - February 26th, 2014
- Mormon Church Vs. Nation of Islam [BANGER EDITION] - Video - February 25th, 2014
- Nation of Islam News - The New York Times - February 25th, 2014
- Nation Of Islam Asks Obama To Open Area 51 To The World - Video - February 25th, 2014
- THe Fifth element.a look at foundation of Nation Of Islam,saviors day 2014 interview - Video - February 25th, 2014
- Minister Farrakhan vs President Obama (Nation Of Islam) - Video - February 23rd, 2014
- Student minister previews Nation of Islam national convention in Detroit - Video - February 21st, 2014
- ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF THE NATION OF ISLAM - Video - February 21st, 2014
- Nation of Islam convention returns to Detroit with message of discipline, self-reliance - February 21st, 2014
- Today in history for Friday, Feb. 21, 2014 - February 21st, 2014
- Nation of Islam - definition of Nation of Islam by the ... - February 19th, 2014
- Nation of Islam convention returns to its Detroit roots - February 19th, 2014
- THE NATION OF ISLAM IS A FALSE DOCTRINE PT3 - Video - February 19th, 2014
- WOW Minister Farrakhan ( Nation of Islam ) asks President Obama to open up Area 51 to the World ! - Video - February 19th, 2014
- WTF Farrakhan of Nation of Islam fame asks the Pope & all lovers of Jesus: "Lets have a showdown!" - Video - February 15th, 2014
- NATION OF ISLAM ARE NOT MUSLIMS - Video - February 14th, 2014
- Nicki Minaj Uses Malcolm X Image For Artwork, Offends Many - February 13th, 2014
- From Nation Of Islam To The Real Islam - Craig Pinkney - My Path to Islam - Video - February 13th, 2014
- What is the Nation of Islam are they Muslim - Video - February 11th, 2014
- Nation of Islam convention to bring 30,000 visitors to Detroit - February 6th, 2014
- The Daily Commuter Crossword for Tuesday, February 4, 2014 - February 6th, 2014
- NATION OF ISLAM Black Panthers GETS PASADENA TEXAS WELCOME - Video - February 6th, 2014
- Whats The Big Deal with Bow Ties? - February 5th, 2014
- BLACK HISTORY AND THE NATION OF ISLAM PT 3 - Video - February 5th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: