German lawmakers tossed for neo-Nazi-linked garb
(AP) BERLIN – The president of Saxony’s state parliament expelled eight far-right lawmakers from the assembly Wednesday for wearing clothes favored by German neo-Nazis.
The NPD party lawmakers refused to remove T-shirts and shirts from the Thor Steinar company in an “openly provocative act,” Saxony state parliament spokesman Ivo Klatte said.
The brand, with its runic symbols and Nordic themes, is popular among neo-Nazis in Germany, even though the company has distanced itself from far right extremism in the past.
The lawmakers were banned from parliament’s next three sessions after refusing to change or leave, Klatte said. They only left voluntarily after police entered the assembly hall to enforce their expulsion.
Parliament’s rules forbid clothes, posters or stickers expressing a political opinion in the assembly hall, Klatte said.
Thor Steinar clothes are “typical for the far-right scene,” and assembly president Matthias Roessler said that wearing them amounted to an overt expression of a political opinion, Klatte said.
Lawmakers from center-left and far-left opposition parties in the past were also sanctioned for wearing political stickers or posters in parliament.
The NPD lawmakers maintained they were not trying to provoke parliament, but that the Thor Steinar shirts were worn as a “protest action” targeted at the rules banning such clothes, said NPD spokesman Thorsten Thomsen.
“We think that no caucus member was wearing clothes that explicitly express a political opinion,” he said, adding Thor Steinar was merely a “fashion brand.”
The NPD, or National Democratic Party Germany, entered the state legislature in 2004 with eight lawmakers.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
yusuf patel batley george galloway
watch dead mine
angel romero 82nd airborne
obama peace safety march 2013
war thunder unlimited eagles hack
holocaust expert rejects charge nazis soap jews
kate smith anti semitic
jewish mourning moroccan communities
jonathan sierra agronomia
- Neo-Nazi march in Stockholm and co-demonstration-[new] HD [full documentary] - Video - April 21st, 2014
- Rep Frank Foster R is a NEO NAZI Traitor BY roblwsn420 - Video - April 21st, 2014
- Neo Nazi torchlight procession in Kiev on January 1, 2014 Ar - Video - April 21st, 2014
- Ukraines Neo-Nazi Imperative - April 21st, 2014
- Nick Griffin offers strident support to Golden Dawn on visit to Greece - April 21st, 2014
- Shell oil declares war against Ukraine. - Video - April 20th, 2014
- Los Videos Divertidos de Animal Planet Los Blancones Part [new] HD [full documentary] - Video - April 20th, 2014
- David Identified as Former Neo-Nazi on CNN Headline News - Video - April 19th, 2014
- David Pakman Identified As Former Neo-Nazi KKK Member by HLN - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Neo Nazi threat in new Ukraine NEWSNIGHT - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Germany: Neo-Nazi murder trial begins in Munich - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Ein Neo Nazi begegnet GOTT - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi Jewish Community Center Shooter Praised Ron Paul in 2010 - Video - April 17th, 2014
- A Few Hours With a Neo-Nazi of Wrexham - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Neo-Nazis get life for murdering Pakistani - April 17th, 2014
- Kansas Shooting Suspect Described As `neo-Nazi` - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Man charged in Kansas shooting once a prominent neo-Nazi in North Carolina - April 16th, 2014
- Opinion: What spurs racists to kill? - April 16th, 2014
- The Volksfront Neo Nazi Street Gang - Video - April 15th, 2014
- UPDATE: 3 Dead in Shootings at 2 Kansas Jewish Centers; Suspect in Custody - Police - Video - April 15th, 2014
- Neo Nazi threat in new Ukraine - Video - April 15th, 2014
- Germany may arm police with 'Nazi Shazam' phone app - April 15th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi's Bloody Rampage Little Surprise to Those Who Track Extremists - April 15th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi MP sold hygiene products to NGO backed by refugee fund - April 13th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi tattoos fall out of fashion in Greece after Golden Dawn crackdown - April 12th, 2014
- Greece: Golden Dawn Mob Threatens NGO for Treating Migrants in Perama Clinic - April 12th, 2014
- German Neo-Nazis use the Cookie Monster to lure kids - April 12th, 2014
- Neo-Nazis use Cookie Monster to lure kids, police say - April 11th, 2014
- N is for Nazi: German cops say neo-Nazis are using Cookie ... - April 11th, 2014
- Among Ukraines Jews, the Bigger Worry Is Putin, Not ... - April 11th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi group given approval to rally at Hamilton County ... - April 11th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi group given approval to rally at Hamilton County Courthouse - April 10th, 2014
- C Is for Child Propaganda: German Neo-Nazis Using Cookie Monster to Indoctrinate Kids - April 10th, 2014
- German Neo-Nazis Using Cookie Monster to Recruit Kids (Report) - April 10th, 2014
- Cookie Monster Corrupted by Neo-Nazis to Lure Kids - April 8th, 2014
- German neo-Nazi party soul searches after interracial porn scandal and the Peniskuchen-Affre (the penis cake affair) - April 8th, 2014
- Neo-Nazis' ploy to lure kids? - April 8th, 2014
- My life as a Neo-Nazi thug - April 8th, 2014
- Watch Kelley Byrdsong Confront Senators that Voted Against Background Checks version - Video - April 8th, 2014
- RACIST SUPREMISTS: EDL & NEO NAZI's ON RISE IN EUROPE - Video - April 8th, 2014
June 13, 2012 Tags: a-political-opinion, assembly, change-or-leave, clothes-favored, expulsion, fashion-brand, from-the-thor, german, klatte, party, protest-action, sanctioned-for, steinar, targeted-at-the, thor Posted in: Neo Nazi
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: