German lawmakers tossed for neo-Nazi-linked garb
(AP) BERLIN – The president of Saxony’s state parliament expelled eight far-right lawmakers from the assembly Wednesday for wearing clothes favored by German neo-Nazis.
The NPD party lawmakers refused to remove T-shirts and shirts from the Thor Steinar company in an “openly provocative act,” Saxony state parliament spokesman Ivo Klatte said.
The brand, with its runic symbols and Nordic themes, is popular among neo-Nazis in Germany, even though the company has distanced itself from far right extremism in the past.
The lawmakers were banned from parliament’s next three sessions after refusing to change or leave, Klatte said. They only left voluntarily after police entered the assembly hall to enforce their expulsion.
Parliament’s rules forbid clothes, posters or stickers expressing a political opinion in the assembly hall, Klatte said.
Thor Steinar clothes are “typical for the far-right scene,” and assembly president Matthias Roessler said that wearing them amounted to an overt expression of a political opinion, Klatte said.
Lawmakers from center-left and far-left opposition parties in the past were also sanctioned for wearing political stickers or posters in parliament.
The NPD lawmakers maintained they were not trying to provoke parliament, but that the Thor Steinar shirts were worn as a “protest action” targeted at the rules banning such clothes, said NPD spokesman Thorsten Thomsen.
“We think that no caucus member was wearing clothes that explicitly express a political opinion,” he said, adding Thor Steinar was merely a “fashion brand.”
The NPD, or National Democratic Party Germany, entered the state legislature in 2004 with eight lawmakers.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
famous speeches amalikites genocide
st malachy false
leonardo dicaprio hates jews
blame jews salient
plans against mslm
alex jones full february 22, 2013
speedhack cf download 2013
massive attack antisemetic
israel palestine battle occupation retaliation
- Outrage in Slovakia at election of neo Nazi in regional poll - Video - December 12th, 2013
- Eddie Griffin News #2 | Neo-Nazi Plan for Whites Only: Man Interviewed as the Head of Neo-Nazi's - Video - December 12th, 2013
- Neo-Nazi Nastiness: Support surge for far right Hungarian party - Video - December 12th, 2013
- Neo-Nazi Dayan??mas?na Kurban Gitmi?ler.flv - Video - December 12th, 2013
- Antifascists Attack Neo Nazi Concert - Video - December 7th, 2013
- Black Neo Nazi From Argentina Has Swastika On His Chest - Video - December 7th, 2013
- Neo Nazi On Train in DC Assaults Black Woman - Video - December 7th, 2013
- Beware Of This Neo Nazi Named rokitjon - Video - December 7th, 2013
- Todd Keuneke Is A Neo Nazi Racist Part 1 - Video - December 7th, 2013
- Stop Hate - Neo-Nazi Skinheads - December 7th, 2013
- Neo-Nazism - RationalWiki - December 7th, 2013
- Neo Nazi Fascist Spanish Group Ambush Gibraltars Chief Minister at University Speech in Spain - Video - December 5th, 2013
- Neo Nazi learns he's part African The Latest News - Video - December 5th, 2013
- NSU neo-Nazi murder trial opens in Munich - Video - December 5th, 2013
- BBC News Musician death sparks violence in Greece - Video - December 5th, 2013
- Musician death sparks violence in Greece - Video - December 5th, 2013
- Shazam for Neo-Nazi Music - Alexis C. Madrigal - The Atlantic - December 5th, 2013
- Germany Probes Hundreds Of Unsolved Neo-Nazi Killings - December 5th, 2013
- Neo Nazi learns he's part African - The Latest News - Video - December 3rd, 2013
- Neo Nazi learns he's part African The Latest News - Video - December 3rd, 2013
- neo-Nazi - definition of neo-Nazi by the Free Online ... - December 3rd, 2013
- Neo Nazi 'All White' City In North Dakota - Video - December 1st, 2013
- Neo Nazi Kills Four hispanics, and himself! - Video - December 1st, 2013
- Full BBC News - BBC News - Greek protests after 'neo Nazi' killing - Video - December 1st, 2013
- Far-right Wrong Neo Nazi mob abuses war vets in Ukraine - Video - December 1st, 2013
- Far-right Wrong: Neo Nazi mob abuses war vets in Ukraine - Video - December 1st, 2013
- Russian Neo Nazi torturing 2 gay men - Video - November 29th, 2013
- Antigay Oregon Group Offends With 'Neo-Nazi' Analogy ... - November 29th, 2013
- Neo-Nazi 'All White' City In North Dakota? - Video - November 28th, 2013
- Right Wing 'Neo Nazi' Marian Kotleba Wins Elections In Slovenia - Video - November 28th, 2013
- Neo nazi | Define Neo nazi at Dictionary.com - November 28th, 2013
- Outrage in Slovakia at election of neo-Nazi in regional poll - Video - November 28th, 2013
- Neo-Nazi Church Buying Up Land Near Area 51 Has Locals Fearful ... - November 28th, 2013
- US neo-Nazi Joseph Franklin, white supremacist serial killer, executed - Video - November 26th, 2013
- Missouri executes Neo Nazi serial killer Joseph Paul Franklin crimes included synagogue attack - Video - November 26th, 2013
- Slovakian Neo-Nazi Wins Election: EU countries urged to do more to curb rising tide of neo-Nazism - Video - November 26th, 2013
- invasion d'un snack hallal a bruxelles par des extremiste neo nazi;.. - Video - November 26th, 2013
- Fecal Devourment and The Neo Nazi's of Nazareth - Rapist, Racism and Pedophiles - Video - November 26th, 2013
- Missouri executes Neo-Nazi serial killer Joseph Paul Franklin: crimes included synagogue a - Video - November 26th, 2013
- Neo-vГ¶lkisch movements - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - November 26th, 2013
June 13, 2012 Tags: a-political-opinion, assembly, change-or-leave, clothes-favored, expulsion, fashion-brand, from-the-thor, german, klatte, party, protest-action, sanctioned-for, steinar, targeted-at-the, thor Posted in: Neo Nazi
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: