German lawmakers tossed for neo-Nazi-linked garb
(AP) BERLIN – The president of Saxony’s state parliament expelled eight far-right lawmakers from the assembly Wednesday for wearing clothes favored by German neo-Nazis.
The NPD party lawmakers refused to remove T-shirts and shirts from the Thor Steinar company in an “openly provocative act,” Saxony state parliament spokesman Ivo Klatte said.
The brand, with its runic symbols and Nordic themes, is popular among neo-Nazis in Germany, even though the company has distanced itself from far right extremism in the past.
The lawmakers were banned from parliament’s next three sessions after refusing to change or leave, Klatte said. They only left voluntarily after police entered the assembly hall to enforce their expulsion.
Parliament’s rules forbid clothes, posters or stickers expressing a political opinion in the assembly hall, Klatte said.
Thor Steinar clothes are “typical for the far-right scene,” and assembly president Matthias Roessler said that wearing them amounted to an overt expression of a political opinion, Klatte said.
Lawmakers from center-left and far-left opposition parties in the past were also sanctioned for wearing political stickers or posters in parliament.
The NPD lawmakers maintained they were not trying to provoke parliament, but that the Thor Steinar shirts were worn as a “protest action” targeted at the rules banning such clothes, said NPD spokesman Thorsten Thomsen.
“We think that no caucus member was wearing clothes that explicitly express a political opinion,” he said, adding Thor Steinar was merely a “fashion brand.”
The NPD, or National Democratic Party Germany, entered the state legislature in 2004 with eight lawmakers.
- Hakan Albayrak a Reyhanli daki Neo Nazi dediklerinden tokat gibi cevap - Video - May 18th, 2013
- The aftermath of the Neo Nazi boat massacre - Video - May 18th, 2013
- Neo Nazi Skin Heads Beat up by Brown Berets. - Video - February 22nd, 2013
- Video Neo Nazis, anti fascists police clash in Dresden - Video - February 14th, 2013
- Main Show Only Inside the Neo Nazi Movement Coast to Coast AM - Video - February 12th, 2013
- Main Show Only Reflections of an Ex Neo Nazi Coast to Coast AM - Video - February 11th, 2013
- Trial of boy charged with murdering neo Nazi father YouTube... - Video - January 24th, 2013
- Addressing you low life animal like, Neo Nazi scumbags eastern europe edition - Video - January 24th, 2013
- Murder Of An American Nazi_ 12 Yr Old Boy Convicted Of Murdering Neo Nazi Father Jeff Hall - Video - January 20th, 2013
- Got To Become A Neo Nazi - Video - January 13th, 2013
- 'Neo Nazism on the rise in EU' - Video - December 25th, 2012
- Bubba Jones - Neo Nazi Paparazzi @ Club Blue Velvet, BorÃ¥s 12-10-27 - Video - December 18th, 2012
- My veiws on Neo Nazis, Dont be a playa hatas - Video - December 18th, 2012
- WWII Captured - December 14th, 2012
- Blockades and riots against neo nazi demonstration in MagdeburgEnglish Subtitles YouTube - Video - December 6th, 2012
- Breivik blast CCTV released in Norway - Video - November 30th, 2012
- Breivik bomb footage made public - Video - November 30th, 2012
- Spurs fans scared: Europa League match against Lazio - Video - November 28th, 2012
- Street brawl between neo-nazis and leftists in Oslo - Video - November 28th, 2012
- Street brawl between neo-nazis and leftists in Oslo 1/2 - Video - November 28th, 2012
- Street brawl between neo-nazis and leftists in Oslo 2/2 - Video - November 28th, 2012
- Let's Play The Lost World Part 7: Soul of The Devil - Level 23 - Video - November 28th, 2012
- Main Show Only - Inside the Neo-Nazi Movement Coast To Coast AM - Video - November 28th, 2012
- Golden Dawn Neo Nazi Scum Coming To A Country Near You - Video - November 22nd, 2012
- Taurus - Scorpio: Exoteric (Religion) - Esoteric (Spiritual Meat) - Video - November 22nd, 2012
- Coast To Coast AM Inside the Neo Nazi Movement February 26 2012 C2CAM - Video - November 22nd, 2012
- Anders Behring Breivik wants German neo-Nazi terror suspect to be his pen pal - November 22nd, 2012
- WWII Footage - Wehrmacht in Colour (2) - Video - November 7th, 2012
- Evil Anti Semitic Neo Nazi Spewing His Hate Filled Racist Filth - Video - November 7th, 2012
- EDL Leader Tommy Robinson Says Sorry to Muslims Worldwide (Nov 2012) - Video - November 7th, 2012
- Main Show Only - Reflections of an Ex-Neo Nazi Coast To Coast AM - Video - November 7th, 2012
- WWII Footage - Vormarsch in Afrika (Colour) - Video - November 3rd, 2012
- Neo Nazi Memorial in Munich, Germany April 25, 2011 - Video - November 3rd, 2012
- WWII Footage - Wehrmacht geht in Stellung (Colour) - Video - November 3rd, 2012
- WWII Footage - Life at the Front (Colour) - Video - November 3rd, 2012
- WWII Footage - Wehrmacht in Colour (1) - Video - November 3rd, 2012
- Pogrom Punk: The Greek neo-Nazi rock bands boosting Golden Dawnâ€™s rise - November 3rd, 2012
- Twitter blocks German neo-Nazi account in world first - October 24th, 2012
- Twitter blocks neo-Nazi group content - October 24th, 2012
- Twitter blocks content of German neo-Nazi group - October 24th, 2012
June 13, 2012 Tags: a-political-opinion, assembly, change-or-leave, clothes-favored, expulsion, fashion-brand, from-the-thor, german, klatte, party, protest-action, sanctioned-for, steinar, targeted-at-the, thor Posted in: Neo Nazi
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: