German lawmakers tossed for neo-Nazi-linked garb
(AP) BERLIN – The president of Saxony’s state parliament expelled eight far-right lawmakers from the assembly Wednesday for wearing clothes favored by German neo-Nazis.
The NPD party lawmakers refused to remove T-shirts and shirts from the Thor Steinar company in an “openly provocative act,” Saxony state parliament spokesman Ivo Klatte said.
The brand, with its runic symbols and Nordic themes, is popular among neo-Nazis in Germany, even though the company has distanced itself from far right extremism in the past.
The lawmakers were banned from parliament’s next three sessions after refusing to change or leave, Klatte said. They only left voluntarily after police entered the assembly hall to enforce their expulsion.
Parliament’s rules forbid clothes, posters or stickers expressing a political opinion in the assembly hall, Klatte said.
Thor Steinar clothes are “typical for the far-right scene,” and assembly president Matthias Roessler said that wearing them amounted to an overt expression of a political opinion, Klatte said.
Lawmakers from center-left and far-left opposition parties in the past were also sanctioned for wearing political stickers or posters in parliament.
The NPD lawmakers maintained they were not trying to provoke parliament, but that the Thor Steinar shirts were worn as a “protest action” targeted at the rules banning such clothes, said NPD spokesman Thorsten Thomsen.
“We think that no caucus member was wearing clothes that explicitly express a political opinion,” he said, adding Thor Steinar was merely a “fashion brand.”
The NPD, or National Democratic Party Germany, entered the state legislature in 2004 with eight lawmakers.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
jews oskar 2013
purim festival gateshead 2013
sam hughes racism
din merican dj blogger
beersheba allenby park
- Roundup of Mariupol, 9-10.05.2014 - Video - May 26th, 2014
- FROM A CHOCOLATE KING TO A NEO NAZI FRONTMAN !! - Video - May 26th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi Crimes Against Humanity Slaviansk Houses in the Fire - Video - May 26th, 2014
- Angela Merkel Conservatives Win EU Vote, Neo-Nazis Gain Seat - May 26th, 2014
- GREECE Leader Jailed Trial Neo-Nazi NEWS:Greek Before - Video - May 25th, 2014
- Ucrania - Slovyansk - Ejrcito Neo-Nazi Bombardean Residencias - 23 Mayo 2014 - Video - May 25th, 2014
- Twitter Blocks Neo-Nazi Group in Russia - Video - May 25th, 2014
- Neo Nazi threat in new Ukraine: NEWSNIGHT - Video - May 24th, 2014
- DIE WELT Video: Steinmeier schreit Gegner nieder Neo Nazi coup in Ukraine! - Video - May 24th, 2014
- FRANCE: Neo-Nazi Party Leader Suggests Using Ebola To Stop Immigration - Video - May 24th, 2014
- Female Nazis Responsible for 'One-Tenth' of German Far-Right Violence - May 24th, 2014
- Phil Angelides and Angelo Tsakopoulos on the neo-Nazi group Golden Dawn - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- The opportunistic flirt of Marine Le Pen and Greek neo-Nazis - May 23rd, 2014
- German Party Accused Of Neo-Nazi Traits Set For EU Parliament - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- Far Wrong: Germany alarmed over violent neo Nazi groups - Video - May 21st, 2014
- Wolfenstein : The New Order | Ep.01 - Something Something Hitler. - Video - May 21st, 2014
- German party accused of neo-Nazi traits set for EU parliament - May 21st, 2014
- A German neo-Nazi in the European Parliament? It could happen. - May 21st, 2014
- Sweden jails extreme leftists for Slovak mix-up - May 21st, 2014
- David Identified as Former Neo Nazi on CNN Headline News - Video - May 20th, 2014
- Strange Dream Vlog 1: "So Neo Nazi" - Video - May 20th, 2014
- David Pakman Identified As Former Neo Nazi KKK Member by HLN - Video - May 20th, 2014
- Neo Nazi KKK Tribute - Video - May 20th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi group Britain First 'invade' East London Mosque - Video - May 20th, 2014
- Greek neo-Nazis hold position, aim for Europe - May 20th, 2014
- Greece: Neo-Nazi Golden Dawn in Strong Performance at Local Elections despite Crackdown - May 20th, 2014
- French arrest 4 allegedly linked to neo-Nazi group - May 20th, 2014
- French police arrest 4 allegedly linked to neo-Nazi group behind recent violent Web posting - May 20th, 2014
- German Neo Nazi Girl and Afghan Boy 2 - Video - May 19th, 2014
- IRENE CAESAR BELLS FOR NOVOROSSIA, MAY 12, 2014 - Video - May 19th, 2014
- Grandson of infamous Nazi Rudolf Hoss urges voters to shun extremism after Ukip candidate's Third Reich tattoos exposed - May 19th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi March in Stockholm And co-Demonstration-[New]***Full Documen - Video - May 18th, 2014
- Neo Nazi Murderer Sentenced for Murdering Black People Kills Himself! - Video - May 18th, 2014
- Far Wrong Germany alarmed over violent neo Nazi groups - Video - May 18th, 2014
- California divests from Russian companies over neo-Nazi gay abductions - Video - May 18th, 2014
- Ukraine idiots from Right Sector tried to seize the nuclear power plant 16/05/ 14 - Video - May 18th, 2014
- Alien Baptism, and More - Video - May 17th, 2014
- Why are you running away bastards of Israel, (NEO NAZI TAYYIP ERDOAN ) Erdogan punched a citizen. - Video - May 17th, 2014
- Neo Nazi Killer Finally Succeeds at Suicide After 5th Time! - Video - May 16th, 2014
- Rebirth of Fascism in its purest form in today's Ukraine - Video - May 14th, 2014
June 13, 2012 Tags: a-political-opinion, assembly, change-or-leave, clothes-favored, expulsion, fashion-brand, from-the-thor, german, klatte, party, protest-action, sanctioned-for, steinar, targeted-at-the, thor Posted in: Neo Nazi
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: