German lawmakers tossed for neo-Nazi-linked garb
(AP) BERLIN – The president of Saxony’s state parliament expelled eight far-right lawmakers from the assembly Wednesday for wearing clothes favored by German neo-Nazis.
The NPD party lawmakers refused to remove T-shirts and shirts from the Thor Steinar company in an “openly provocative act,” Saxony state parliament spokesman Ivo Klatte said.
The brand, with its runic symbols and Nordic themes, is popular among neo-Nazis in Germany, even though the company has distanced itself from far right extremism in the past.
The lawmakers were banned from parliament’s next three sessions after refusing to change or leave, Klatte said. They only left voluntarily after police entered the assembly hall to enforce their expulsion.
Parliament’s rules forbid clothes, posters or stickers expressing a political opinion in the assembly hall, Klatte said.
Thor Steinar clothes are “typical for the far-right scene,” and assembly president Matthias Roessler said that wearing them amounted to an overt expression of a political opinion, Klatte said.
Lawmakers from center-left and far-left opposition parties in the past were also sanctioned for wearing political stickers or posters in parliament.
The NPD lawmakers maintained they were not trying to provoke parliament, but that the Thor Steinar shirts were worn as a “protest action” targeted at the rules banning such clothes, said NPD spokesman Thorsten Thomsen.
“We think that no caucus member was wearing clothes that explicitly express a political opinion,” he said, adding Thor Steinar was merely a “fashion brand.”
The NPD, or National Democratic Party Germany, entered the state legislature in 2004 with eight lawmakers.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
Christian, muslem jewish debates 2013
sandy hook fake debunk
sara hypnotizes friend
free golden eagles war thunder
praveen togadia hate speech against muslim
csu cagayan scandal
israeli apartheid 2013 truth
seth mcfarlane philosemite
- Russian Neo-Nazi Beheading EXPLAINED (NO graphic footage) - Video - December 19th, 2014
- Frenchy Burrito RK Benefit -Rainbow Kitchen CD Neo Nazi Neanderthal Man - James Van Fossen - Video - December 19th, 2014
- GERMANY PROTESTS - Video - December 19th, 2014
- Anonymous Ukraine's neo Nazi Yarosh threatens Europe - Video - December 19th, 2014
- Putin: Europe Losing Fight Against Nazism - December 19th, 2014
- De-radicalising Sweden's neo-Nazis - December 19th, 2014
- 003 Video John McCain Says That Hungerian Prime Minister Victor Orban a Neo Nazi - Video - December 15th, 2014
- Stockholm set for anti-racism anniversary demo - December 15th, 2014
- Neo Nazi V Lion (Scrum V) - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Hatred of Muslims has "no place in Germany" says German Chancellor Angela Merkel - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Ukraine shies away from tackling far right - December 14th, 2014
- The terrifying moment a neo-Nazi police chief was mauled by lion at Barcelona zoo - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Neo Nazi Man who was mauled by lion at Barcelona zoo pictured medium - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Inside the Underground World of Neo-Nazi Biker Gangs: VICE ... - December 12th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi 1980 Oktoberfest suicide bomb attack to be re-investigated - December 12th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi clashes in Sweden: One year on - December 12th, 2014
- German Neo-Nazis Using Cookie Monster Costumes to Recruit Kids (Report) - December 12th, 2014
- Pictured: The terrifying moment a neo-Nazi police chief was mauled by - Video - December 11th, 2014
- neo-Nazi police chief was mauled by lion at Barcelona zoo after he jumped into enclosure - Video - December 11th, 2014
- Former Neo-Nazi on Race in Eric Garner & Michael Brown Cases - Video - December 11th, 2014
- Inside the Underground World of Neo-Nazi Biker Gangs: VICE INTL (Germany) - Video - December 11th, 2014
- Bulldozer attack on Nazi concentration camp - December 11th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi sues assault victim - Video - December 10th, 2014
- Man Mauled by Three Lions at Barcelona Zoo after 'Deliberately Entering Enclosure - Video - December 10th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi Police Chief Seriously Mauled By Three Lions At Barcelona Zoo(ORIGINAL VIDEO)!!! - Video - December 10th, 2014
- The terrifying moment police chief-turned neo-Nazi demonstrator was mauled by lion at Barcelona zoo - Video - December 10th, 2014
- Man Rescued From Three Lions After Jumping Into Zoo Enclosure - Video - December 10th, 2014
- Neo-nazi mauled by lions: photos show racist, former police chief attacked by Barcelona Zoos lions - Video - December 10th, 2014
- The terrifying moment a neo-Nazi police chief was lion Barcelona zoo after jumped enclosure - Video - December 10th, 2014
- NAZI FOR DINNER: 'Neo-Nazi' Man Mauled By Lion At ... - December 10th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi police officer mauled by lions at Barcelona zoo pictured - December 10th, 2014
- 'Neo-Nazi' Man Mauled By Lion At Barcelona Zoo - December 10th, 2014
- Halya Coynash: Poroshenko grants Belarusian Neo-Nazi Ukrainian citizenship - December 10th, 2014
- Want to Fight Neo-Nazi Hate? There's an App for That - December 10th, 2014
- Neo Nazi Killers of Germany (SHOCKING Crime Documentary) - Full Crime History - Video - December 8th, 2014
- Neo nazi gangs in Hungary, Outlaws army Betyrsereg - Video - December 8th, 2014
- Lion Mauls Neo-Nazi Demonstrator In Barcelona Zoo - December 8th, 2014
- Fmr. McCain Aide Spars with Neo-Nazi Over Immigration on Ski Lift - Rachel Maddow - Video - December 7th, 2014
- Greek Protests After Neo Nazi Killing - December 7th, 2014
- The Ukip Nazi: Nigel Farage proudly poses with a NEO-NAZI party activist - December 7th, 2014
June 13, 2012 Tags: a-political-opinion, assembly, change-or-leave, clothes-favored, expulsion, fashion-brand, from-the-thor, german, klatte, party, protest-action, sanctioned-for, steinar, targeted-at-the, thor Posted in: Neo Nazi
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: