German lawmakers tossed for neo-Nazi-linked garb
(AP) BERLIN – The president of Saxony’s state parliament expelled eight far-right lawmakers from the assembly Wednesday for wearing clothes favored by German neo-Nazis.
The NPD party lawmakers refused to remove T-shirts and shirts from the Thor Steinar company in an “openly provocative act,” Saxony state parliament spokesman Ivo Klatte said.
The brand, with its runic symbols and Nordic themes, is popular among neo-Nazis in Germany, even though the company has distanced itself from far right extremism in the past.
The lawmakers were banned from parliament’s next three sessions after refusing to change or leave, Klatte said. They only left voluntarily after police entered the assembly hall to enforce their expulsion.
Parliament’s rules forbid clothes, posters or stickers expressing a political opinion in the assembly hall, Klatte said.
Thor Steinar clothes are “typical for the far-right scene,” and assembly president Matthias Roessler said that wearing them amounted to an overt expression of a political opinion, Klatte said.
Lawmakers from center-left and far-left opposition parties in the past were also sanctioned for wearing political stickers or posters in parliament.
The NPD lawmakers maintained they were not trying to provoke parliament, but that the Thor Steinar shirts were worn as a “protest action” targeted at the rules banning such clothes, said NPD spokesman Thorsten Thomsen.
“We think that no caucus member was wearing clothes that explicitly express a political opinion,” he said, adding Thor Steinar was merely a “fashion brand.”
The NPD, or National Democratic Party Germany, entered the state legislature in 2004 with eight lawmakers.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
marzulli feb 2013
kkk hooking crips
lew rockwell anti semite
Seth Macfaralane anti semitism
massive attack antisemetic
david miscavige jewish
noam chomsky 1983
oscar jewish racism
- VICE News Daily: Beyond The Headlines - October 28, 2014 - Video - October 30th, 2014
- Apple Valley candidate Bunck says neo-Nazi affiliation is in the past - October 30th, 2014
- 'The far-right wants more riots' - October 30th, 2014
- 'Right-wing scene wants more riots' - October 30th, 2014
- [YTP] The Indoctrination of the Last Wave of Neo Nazi Youths in West Croyden - Video - October 29th, 2014
- Neo Nazi Protests: Rally against Islamic extremism turns violent in Germany - Video - October 29th, 2014
- German schoolboys aged 14 formed secret neo-Nazi fanclub and used 'Heil Hitler' greetings - October 29th, 2014
- German schoolchildren form Hitler fan club - October 29th, 2014
- Virchow: "Right-wing scene in hope for more riots" - October 29th, 2014
- Confronting Racism Face To Face: Black Lady Approaches KKK & Neo Nazi's During Rallies! | - Video - October 28th, 2014
- Videos: Neo-Nazi protest ends in fierce clashes with police - Video - October 28th, 2014
- German police defend tactics at far-right protest - October 28th, 2014
- UPS !! Neo Nazi groups in Germany New Rampant - Video - October 26th, 2014
- Neo nazi n monkey boy jax fl - Video - October 26th, 2014
- EUROPEAN SOLDIER FIGHT FOR THE SURVIVAL OF THE WHITE RACE - Video - October 26th, 2014
- Hennecke Kardel - Adolf Hitler, Founder of Israel (1974) - Video - October 26th, 2014
- Football fans and neo-Nazis clash with police in Cologne - October 26th, 2014
- The neo Nazi group title Miss Contest Hitler - Video - October 24th, 2014
- THE WAFFEN SS - Video - October 24th, 2014
- Arsonists torch reputed neo-Nazi hangout in Athens - October 24th, 2014
- The victory of Hamas in Gaza Hebron Residents Inspire - Video - October 24th, 2014
- WOW !! Members of the group of neo Nazi on trial - Video - October 24th, 2014
- Is The End Near For Greece's Neo-Nazi Party? - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- White nationalisms exploding civil war - October 23rd, 2014
- "Hatred" Game CEO Accused of Supporting Neo Nazis | DB News - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- CEO behind Hatred responds to accusations of neo-Nazi, anti-Islamic affiliation - October 22nd, 2014
- Team behind Hatred lashes out in blog post, thanks press for attention - October 22nd, 2014
- Not a Topix user yet? - October 22nd, 2014
- Secular talk | Media Yawns At KKK, Neo-Nazi Terrorist Attack | secular talk full 2014 - Video - October 20th, 2014
- GRXIT 17 OCTOBER 2014 - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Greek Talk Show Fight - Neo Nazi Throws Water and Slaps Woman over Debt Debate - Video - October 18th, 2014
- AJC Applauds Action to Put Golden Dawn Leadership on Trial for Criminal Activity - October 18th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi James Thring opens Max Blumenthal meeting - Video - October 17th, 2014
- Neo-nazi torch-lit march in Kiev by Right Sector and Azov - Video - October 17th, 2014
- A neo-Nazi attack on an Asian man in Barcelona's subway is causing outrage across Spain.mp4 - Video - October 17th, 2014
- Greece prosecutor seeks trial for 70 Golden Dawn members - October 17th, 2014
- Greek prosecutor orders all Golden Dawn MPs to face criminal trial - October 17th, 2014
- Asylum: A modern Greek tragedy - Video - October 16th, 2014
- Neo-nazi torch-lit march in Kiev. Pravyi Sector + Azov. Chilling - Video - October 16th, 2014
- Vladimir Putin warns over rise of neo-Nazism before Serbia visit - October 16th, 2014
June 13, 2012 Tags: a-political-opinion, assembly, change-or-leave, clothes-favored, expulsion, fashion-brand, from-the-thor, german, klatte, party, protest-action, sanctioned-for, steinar, targeted-at-the, thor Posted in: Neo Nazi
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: