German lawmakers tossed for neo-Nazi-linked garb
(AP) BERLIN – The president of Saxony’s state parliament expelled eight far-right lawmakers from the assembly Wednesday for wearing clothes favored by German neo-Nazis.
The NPD party lawmakers refused to remove T-shirts and shirts from the Thor Steinar company in an “openly provocative act,” Saxony state parliament spokesman Ivo Klatte said.
The brand, with its runic symbols and Nordic themes, is popular among neo-Nazis in Germany, even though the company has distanced itself from far right extremism in the past.
The lawmakers were banned from parliament’s next three sessions after refusing to change or leave, Klatte said. They only left voluntarily after police entered the assembly hall to enforce their expulsion.
Parliament’s rules forbid clothes, posters or stickers expressing a political opinion in the assembly hall, Klatte said.
Thor Steinar clothes are “typical for the far-right scene,” and assembly president Matthias Roessler said that wearing them amounted to an overt expression of a political opinion, Klatte said.
Lawmakers from center-left and far-left opposition parties in the past were also sanctioned for wearing political stickers or posters in parliament.
The NPD lawmakers maintained they were not trying to provoke parliament, but that the Thor Steinar shirts were worn as a “protest action” targeted at the rules banning such clothes, said NPD spokesman Thorsten Thomsen.
“We think that no caucus member was wearing clothes that explicitly express a political opinion,” he said, adding Thor Steinar was merely a “fashion brand.”
The NPD, or National Democratic Party Germany, entered the state legislature in 2004 with eight lawmakers.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
oscar pistorius jew
ofcom peace tv
din merican dj blogger
seth macfarlane heritage
christians mushrikeen killed
tangled racist movie against jews?
- Clashes on sidelines of Stockholm neo Nazi rally - Video - September 21st, 2014
- Skinheads USA: Soldiers of the Race War - Video - September 21st, 2014
- Arson investigated at neo-Nazi's LaFayette home - September 21st, 2014
- Ukraine MP dumped in bin by mob from neo-Nazi Right Sector - Video - September 19th, 2014
- Alex Jones Show - Commercial Free Podcast: Thursday (9-18-14) Robert David Steele - Video - September 19th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi candidate must be heard, foes say - September 19th, 2014
- Neo Nazi Killers of Germany | Documentary - Video - September 18th, 2014
- 10,000 mark neo-Nazi killing of Greek rapper - September 18th, 2014
- Feds rest case against Neo-Nazi death-threat suspect - September 18th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi Senate hopeful must be heard, foes say - September 18th, 2014
- Seelsorger macht Neo-Nazi mit Rechtschreibschwche fertig - Video - September 17th, 2014
- Slovakia attack of neo Nazi - Video - September 17th, 2014
- GERMAN ARMY IN WW2 (IN COLOR) - Video - September 17th, 2014
- Neo Nazi brigades fight alongside Ukraine army in East - Video - September 16th, 2014
- Ukrainia Azov Soldiers Filmed Wearing SS Insignia Deny Neo-Nazi Links - Video - September 16th, 2014
- Hiding Ukraines Neo-Nazi Reality - September 16th, 2014
- Ukraines Romantic Nazi Storm Troopers - September 16th, 2014
- Feeble Fail - Video - September 15th, 2014
- Meet Gaston, Another Foreign Nut Fighting With a Neo-Nazi Battalion in Ukraine - Video - September 15th, 2014
- Slovenian journalist facing jail for revealing party's neo-Nazi links - September 15th, 2014
- US neo nazi''s in the military - Video - September 14th, 2014
- Ukraine neo-nazi battalions in german main stream media. [english subtitles] - Video - September 14th, 2014
- So you don't think you're a Nazi? - Video - September 14th, 2014
- Ukrainian Soldiers Filmed Wearing Nazi Symbols Deny Neo-Nazi Links - September 14th, 2014
- Ukrainian Soldiers Filmed Wearing SS Insignia Deny Neo-Nazi Links - September 14th, 2014
- neo-nazi meaning and pronunciation - Video - September 13th, 2014
- Ukrainian Soldiers Filmed Wearing Nazi Helmets Deny Neo-Nazi Links - September 13th, 2014
- News Of The Day How Far Right, Left And Neo Nazi Parties Revolted Against The EU Interview With Ri - Video - September 12th, 2014
- Dramatic Neo-Nazi - Video - September 12th, 2014
- BREAKING WW3 NEWS : George Soros Neo Nazi's Alongside Ukraine Army To Destabilize - Video - September 12th, 2014
- BBC NEWS: Neo Nazi threat in new Ukraine - Video - September 11th, 2014
- Dieudonn le neo-nazi guillaume - Video - September 11th, 2014
- BBC NEWS! Neo Nazi threat in new Ukraine (NEWSNIGHT) - Video - September 10th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi death-threat suspect on trial in Orlando - September 10th, 2014
- Ukraine Crisis: Are Nazis And Nationalists Popular in Ukraine? - September 10th, 2014
- Slavyansk, Ukraine A War from Inside Neo Nazi Crimes Against Humanity YouTube - Video - September 9th, 2014
- Gay Nazis - Video - September 9th, 2014
- Neo-Nazi photos pose headache for Shinzo Abe - September 9th, 2014
- Seeing No Neo-Nazi Militias in Ukraine - September 9th, 2014
- German far right faces uncertain future after vote - September 9th, 2014
June 13, 2012 Tags: a-political-opinion, assembly, change-or-leave, clothes-favored, expulsion, fashion-brand, from-the-thor, german, klatte, party, protest-action, sanctioned-for, steinar, targeted-at-the, thor Posted in: Neo Nazi
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: