Palestine presents UN bid
Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas has announced the Palestinian Authority will present its bid for non-state UN membership, despite US and Israeli opposition.
Following talks with Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi in Cairo, ‘it has been agreed that the request will be presented on November 29′, Abbas told reporters on Monday, calling for support from Arab states.
US President Barack Obama told Abbas in a telephone conversation on Sunday that his administration opposes the Palestinian UN initiative, and Israeli officials have threatened punitive measures if the Palestinians go ahead with the bid.
‘We don’t want any confrontations with the United States or Israel. If we could start a dialogue or negotiations the day after the vote, we will,’ the Palestinian leader said.
‘We know we are a country under occupation, but we want our land which was occupied in 1967, including Jerusalem. Israel says Palestinian lands are disputed and open to negotiation, and is hurrying to build settlements, covering Jerusalem with settlements,’ Abbas said.
He met earlier on Monday in Riyadh with Saudi King Abdullah, before travelling to Cairo for an Arab League meeting.
Palestinian negotiator Mohammed Shtayeh told a news conference in the West Bank town of Ramallah that the bid had been delayed at Washington’s request until after last week’s US presidential election.
‘Now there is no excuse for anybody to ask us not to go to the United Nations,’ Shtayeh said.
‘President Abbas will attend the Assembly General session for the vote,’ his spokesman, Nabil Abu Rudeina, told AFP.
Israeli officials have threatened punitive measures if the Palestinian initiative goes ahead, with Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman pledging to ‘ensure the collapse’ of Abbas’s Western-backed Palestinian Authority (PA).
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
busy signal youtube2013
Palestine Journey Through The Ages
war thunder golden eagle free
jewish mourning moroccan communities
terrorists golf cpurse
dead mine full
radiation videos free download
bejar jewish museum
seth mcfarlane philosemite
difference antisemitism amd antijudaism
- Palestine- Thousands of worshipers participate in Bethlehem mass - May 26th, 2014
- DePaul president invites pro-Palestine students to make case for divestment - May 26th, 2014
- Pope Francis visits Palestine - Video - May 25th, 2014
- Francis in Bethlehem - May 25th, 2014
- You Came to Create Change - May 25th, 2014
- Pope Makes Surprise Stop to Pray At Bethlehem Separation Wall - May 25th, 2014
- Hamas brainwashes children: "There is no Israel - only Palestine" - Video - May 25th, 2014
- VATICAN - PALESTINE Pope in Palestine: I offer my home in the Vatican" for a prayer meeting between the presidents of ... - May 25th, 2014
- Pope lands in Bethlehem in symbolic nod to Palestinian state, says stalemate 'unacceptable' - May 25th, 2014
- Pope calls for State of Palestine, peace with Israel - May 25th, 2014
- Pope Francis acknowledges State of Palestine - May 25th, 2014
- Irfan Makki Palestine Official Lyric Video - Video - May 24th, 2014
- Need for Israel, Palestine peace talks Mahama - May 24th, 2014
- Welcome to Palestine - Video - May 24th, 2014
- Maldives vs Palestine: AFC Challenge Cup 2014 - Video - May 24th, 2014
- Vatican Says Pope Will Demand 'Sovereign Palestine' - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- United Palestine Appeal: An American Speaks - 1940s Social Guidance Documentary - Val73TV - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- Today Live Maldives vs Palestine Football Match & Full Match Highlights 23 May 2014 - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- Talmo Kalon e Palestinia Heart beats in Palestine - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- What Pope Francis can do for Mideast peace - May 23rd, 2014
- Missing dog reunited with owner after two years - May 23rd, 2014
- Zaki Dynamik - Palestine - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- Middle East Peace Run Highlights 3/3 (Israel and Palestine) #mepeacerun - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- Dog missing for 2 years reunited with owner - May 22nd, 2014
- Palestine refugees hope Pope will highlight plight - May 22nd, 2014
- Children on PA TV: All of Israel will be replaced by "Palestine" - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- PA TV teaches kids: All of Israel will be replaced by "Palestine" - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- Welcome Ceremony for the Pope in the State of Palestine. - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- 114 W. Main St. / 113 W. Spring St., Palestine, TX 75801 - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- BDSmovement.net | Palestinian BDS National Committee - May 21st, 2014
- LIVE : Myanmar vs Palestine: AFC Challenge Cup 2014 (Full Match) - Video - May 21st, 2014
- Myanmar vs Palestine: AFC Challenge Cup 2014 (Full Match) - Video - May 21st, 2014
- Golan Heights | The Electronic Intifada - May 21st, 2014
- Myanmar vs Palestine: AFC Challenge Cup 2014 - Video - May 21st, 2014
- From Gaza to Pope Francis: "Work to Lift the Injustice We Suffer" - Video - May 21st, 2014
- In Palestine and Israel, there are no 'clashes' - May 21st, 2014
- Myanmar vs Palestine Football Live Streaming AFC Challenge Cup - 20 May 2014 - Video - May 21st, 2014
- Palestine- Youth hold Mideast peace talks online - May 21st, 2014
- Lake Palestine PALOOZA Saturday at Villages Marina - May 21st, 2014
- Symbole De La Libert PALESTINE (Rap Maroc) - Video - May 20th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: