Palestine presents UN bid
Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas has announced the Palestinian Authority will present its bid for non-state UN membership, despite US and Israeli opposition.
Following talks with Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi in Cairo, ‘it has been agreed that the request will be presented on November 29′, Abbas told reporters on Monday, calling for support from Arab states.
US President Barack Obama told Abbas in a telephone conversation on Sunday that his administration opposes the Palestinian UN initiative, and Israeli officials have threatened punitive measures if the Palestinians go ahead with the bid.
‘We don’t want any confrontations with the United States or Israel. If we could start a dialogue or negotiations the day after the vote, we will,’ the Palestinian leader said.
‘We know we are a country under occupation, but we want our land which was occupied in 1967, including Jerusalem. Israel says Palestinian lands are disputed and open to negotiation, and is hurrying to build settlements, covering Jerusalem with settlements,’ Abbas said.
He met earlier on Monday in Riyadh with Saudi King Abdullah, before travelling to Cairo for an Arab League meeting.
Palestinian negotiator Mohammed Shtayeh told a news conference in the West Bank town of Ramallah that the bid had been delayed at Washington’s request until after last week’s US presidential election.
‘Now there is no excuse for anybody to ask us not to go to the United Nations,’ Shtayeh said.
‘President Abbas will attend the Assembly General session for the vote,’ his spokesman, Nabil Abu Rudeina, told AFP.
Israeli officials have threatened punitive measures if the Palestinian initiative goes ahead, with Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman pledging to ‘ensure the collapse’ of Abbas’s Western-backed Palestinian Authority (PA).
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
sara hypnotizes friend
israel iran bible
saturday hagel nomination video
malik bendjelloul jew
jews peopleвЂ™s history watch online
relation jews blood rozanov pdf
shit talking 101 rogan board
radical boat vs whaling ship
- Kuwait- Sheikh Sabah Al-Khaled on first visit to Palestine - September 14th, 2014
- Pro-Palestine group defend protest outside Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson's home - September 14th, 2014
- Debaptisation place Tel Aviv en place Gaza Toulouse - Video - September 14th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict : 4 Minutes After Israel Attacks Gaza, 4 August 2014 | RAW VIDEO - Video - September 14th, 2014
- East Palestine leaders look to collect on some old debts - September 14th, 2014
- Palestine supporters call for justice on campus - September 13th, 2014
- Joe Anderson tweets photo and hits out at Pro-Palestine demonstrators who protested outside his home - September 13th, 2014
- The brave nation Palestine - Video - September 13th, 2014
- Checkpoint Every Day Life in Palestine Documentary Subtitles - Video - September 13th, 2014
- Free Palestine - DUCK DENMARK - Video - September 12th, 2014
- Gaza and the threat of world war - September 12th, 2014
- Noam Chomsky `Israel On The Road To Self-Destruction` - Video - September 12th, 2014
- Khalili: Palestine can improve for Asian Cup - September 12th, 2014
- Palestine prisoner dies of blow to head - September 12th, 2014
- Breakdown of conflict between Israel and Palestine - September 11th, 2014
- Palestine VS [TURK] // KUWAPT - Video - September 11th, 2014
- Groups raise awareness on Israel-Palestine - September 11th, 2014
- Rcoltes des dons,"On prpare le convoi pour la Palestine" - Video - September 11th, 2014
- Palestine coach departs in blow for Asian Cup preparations - September 11th, 2014
- Soccer-Palestine coach departs in blow for Asian Cup preparations - September 11th, 2014
- Football - Palestine coach departs in blow for Asian Cup preparations - September 11th, 2014
- Russia Hopes Ceasefire Between Palestine, Israel Genuine Lavrov - September 10th, 2014
- 5 Minute Introduction to Palestine Israel Conflict - Video - September 10th, 2014
- Gazas French friend - September 10th, 2014
- English for Palestine- 6th grade- U1-period 1 - Video - September 10th, 2014
- Splendour Kids Solve Israel & Palestine I The Feed - Video - September 10th, 2014
- Israel refuses to recognise NZ ambassador over contact with Palestinian officials - September 10th, 2014
- Apartheid is too little a word for Tel Aviv - September 10th, 2014
- Can Palestine win peace? - September 10th, 2014
- Professor seeks reinstatement after losing job over Gaza tweets - September 9th, 2014
- Tricky - My Palestine Girl - Video - September 9th, 2014
- Activism under occupation - Jung & Naiv in Palestine: Episode 196 - Video - September 9th, 2014
- Stop The War On Palestine ~ Israel, HAMAS PALESTINE CONFLICT - Video - September 9th, 2014
- Palestinian: Donors Wary of Funding Hamas-Run Gaza - September 9th, 2014
- Palestine denies report on Egypt's proposal - September 9th, 2014
- US Israel pressure on Palestine not to join the ICC - Video - September 9th, 2014
- Palestine, Israel Unhappy With UNs Statement on Gaza - Ambassadors - September 9th, 2014
- How to Save Palestine AND Jews with Star Trek allegory. - Video - September 9th, 2014
- Opinion: Muslims, extremists -- we're not the same - September 8th, 2014
- What did Palestine look like in 1896? - Video - September 8th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: