Palestine presents UN bid
Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas has announced the Palestinian Authority will present its bid for non-state UN membership, despite US and Israeli opposition.
Following talks with Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi in Cairo, ‘it has been agreed that the request will be presented on November 29′, Abbas told reporters on Monday, calling for support from Arab states.
US President Barack Obama told Abbas in a telephone conversation on Sunday that his administration opposes the Palestinian UN initiative, and Israeli officials have threatened punitive measures if the Palestinians go ahead with the bid.
‘We don’t want any confrontations with the United States or Israel. If we could start a dialogue or negotiations the day after the vote, we will,’ the Palestinian leader said.
‘We know we are a country under occupation, but we want our land which was occupied in 1967, including Jerusalem. Israel says Palestinian lands are disputed and open to negotiation, and is hurrying to build settlements, covering Jerusalem with settlements,’ Abbas said.
He met earlier on Monday in Riyadh with Saudi King Abdullah, before travelling to Cairo for an Arab League meeting.
Palestinian negotiator Mohammed Shtayeh told a news conference in the West Bank town of Ramallah that the bid had been delayed at Washington’s request until after last week’s US presidential election.
‘Now there is no excuse for anybody to ask us not to go to the United Nations,’ Shtayeh said.
‘President Abbas will attend the Assembly General session for the vote,’ his spokesman, Nabil Abu Rudeina, told AFP.
Israeli officials have threatened punitive measures if the Palestinian initiative goes ahead, with Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman pledging to ‘ensure the collapse’ of Abbas’s Western-backed Palestinian Authority (PA).
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
camp ashraf jewish
convenant march 2013
leonardo dicaprio hates jews
harlem shake meaning anti christian
howard stern jewish staff
israel palestinr rough draft
jerusalem song mp3
doug stanhope anti semite
kkk confederate sons america
- The Battle for Palestine Part Two - October 24th, 2014
- The Battle for Palestine - October 24th, 2014
- 2000 Ford F-350 Used Cars East Palestine OH - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Seanad motion urging recognition for state of Palestine agreed unanimously - October 23rd, 2014
- Lady Warsi on Palestine, Islam, quitting ... and how to stay true to your beliefs - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Student organization encourages conversation about Palestine - October 22nd, 2014
- The momentum to recognize a Palestinian State is unstoppable - October 22nd, 2014
- Averil Calls on the Seanad to Recognise the State of Palestine - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- #40 - Dieudonne et la Palestine - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- HK au Festival Free Palestine - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- Palestine MNT vs NMI MNT: AFC Challenge Cup 2014: GK saves - #1 GK JOHANN NOETZEL - Video - October 21st, 2014
- Palestine could join over 500 intl. bodies - October 21st, 2014
- Palestine is a state, definitely - October 21st, 2014
- Recognizing Palestine: When Yes was the Unacceptable Answer - October 21st, 2014
- The U.S. and Israel want to marginalize the Palestinians - October 20th, 2014
- Drama - Palestine - Video - October 20th, 2014
- ISIS news video - ISIS BURNING PALESTINE FLAG (SYRIA, ALEPPO) - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Jeudis de l'IMA - Interludes Poetiques de Palestine - Video - October 20th, 2014
- State of Palestine: Clay sculptures commemorate victims of latest Gaza conflict - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Gaza and the Prospects for Palestine: Noam Chomsky hosted by Palestine@MIT Oct. 2014 - Video - October 20th, 2014
- palestine ya bladi - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Boo Hoo Palestine - Video - October 20th, 2014
- 8H pour la Palestine, Belfort, 18/10/2014 (5) - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Britain's phantoms of the past in Palestine - October 20th, 2014
- Palestine's Abbas pledges legal measure to prevent al-Aqsa attacks - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Dieudonn pisse sur le mur de l'apartheid - Video - October 19th, 2014
- 8H pour la Palestine, Belfort, 18/10/2014 (1) - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine at the UN - Video - October 19th, 2014
- HARD CORE TRUTH ISRAEL PALESTINE CONFLICT & GLOBAL ISSUES Documentary film 2014 - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Israel/Palestine, Russell Brand/Sean Hannity: Round 2 - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Palestine seeks Malaysias expertise in running civil service Bernama - October 19th, 2014
- Palestine/Israel - Une journaliste dnonce - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Can Palestines liberation come from UN? (P.1) - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Amazing view of East Jerusalem - Video - October 18th, 2014
- Tightening noose around Tel Aviv - October 18th, 2014
- Home For Sale: 301 and 305 SE Perry Street Palestine, Texas 75801 - Video - October 18th, 2014
- Home For Sale: 1104 E Lamar Palestine, Texas 75801 - Video - October 18th, 2014
- Home For Sale: 220 Glenwood Palestine, Texas 75803 - Video - October 18th, 2014
- Long live Palestine Lyrics Lowkey - Video - October 18th, 2014
- At UN, ICP Asks Chomsky Of Kobane, & Ban Ki-moon's Performance on Palestine: Limited, Turks Bomb PKK - Video - October 18th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: