Palestine presents UN bid
Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas has announced the Palestinian Authority will present its bid for non-state UN membership, despite US and Israeli opposition.
Following talks with Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi in Cairo, ‘it has been agreed that the request will be presented on November 29′, Abbas told reporters on Monday, calling for support from Arab states.
US President Barack Obama told Abbas in a telephone conversation on Sunday that his administration opposes the Palestinian UN initiative, and Israeli officials have threatened punitive measures if the Palestinians go ahead with the bid.
‘We don’t want any confrontations with the United States or Israel. If we could start a dialogue or negotiations the day after the vote, we will,’ the Palestinian leader said.
‘We know we are a country under occupation, but we want our land which was occupied in 1967, including Jerusalem. Israel says Palestinian lands are disputed and open to negotiation, and is hurrying to build settlements, covering Jerusalem with settlements,’ Abbas said.
He met earlier on Monday in Riyadh with Saudi King Abdullah, before travelling to Cairo for an Arab League meeting.
Palestinian negotiator Mohammed Shtayeh told a news conference in the West Bank town of Ramallah that the bid had been delayed at Washington’s request until after last week’s US presidential election.
‘Now there is no excuse for anybody to ask us not to go to the United Nations,’ Shtayeh said.
‘President Abbas will attend the Assembly General session for the vote,’ his spokesman, Nabil Abu Rudeina, told AFP.
Israeli officials have threatened punitive measures if the Palestinian initiative goes ahead, with Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman pledging to ‘ensure the collapse’ of Abbas’s Western-backed Palestinian Authority (PA).
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
lew rockwell anti semite
doug stanhope anti semite
sexy legs isrel
archie bunker jewish eulogy skit
radical boat vs whaling ship
watchtower files holocaust funds
chief lord rabbi sacks lecture anti semitism israel
obama's logo israel trip 2013 covenant peoples
video pomegranate supermarket brooklyn
- RECOGNIZE CATALONIA 1ST THEN PALESTINE (SPAIN) - Video - December 20th, 2014
- Ireland & Palestine FULL Documentary - Video - December 20th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict: Why Do Israelis Kill Arabs And Steal Their Land - Video - December 20th, 2014
- Israel Palestine conflict - Video - December 20th, 2014
- Islamic Jihad Movement Chief to Hold Talks With Iranian Officials Over Regional Security - December 20th, 2014
- Paintings from Gaza war and Palestine by Majed Megdad with Oud music by Baseem (Avignon) - Video - December 19th, 2014
- Sia - "Chandelier" - Gaza Girls Parody - Video - December 19th, 2014
- Europe's symbolic solidarity with Palestine - December 19th, 2014
- When Someone Calls Palestine Israel - Video - December 19th, 2014
- Palestinians seek end-of-occupation vote this week - December 19th, 2014
- Palestine's draft UN resolution seeks end to Israeli occupation - December 19th, 2014
- Israel Rejects Perfect Palestine Peace Deal - Video - December 19th, 2014
- Israel and Palestine: WHAT"S GOING ON?! - Video - December 19th, 2014
- Palestine submits UN resolution for two-state solution - December 18th, 2014
- Turkish FM calls for Palestinian state on 1967 borders - December 18th, 2014
- Palestine vote: 'No one cares about us' - December 18th, 2014
- EU Parliament move on Palestine statehood highlights momentum - December 18th, 2014
- European Parliament passes watered-down Palestine resolution - December 18th, 2014
- Palestine sets deadline on Israeli occupation - Video - December 18th, 2014
- EU Backs Palestine To Be Recognized As State - Video - December 17th, 2014
- Pro-Palestine Parliaments: Hopes and Danger - December 17th, 2014
- Youth for Al-Quds SA Charity Car Wash for Palestine at Jimmy's/MaxiWash - Video - December 17th, 2014
- European Parliament votes to recognize Palestine state - Video - December 17th, 2014
- France: "EU commission has no right to vote on Palestine," says Farage - Video - December 17th, 2014
- Palestine Bid for Diplomatic Recognition Hits EU Setback - December 17th, 2014
- Right to Education for All - Palestine, 2014 - Video - December 17th, 2014
- Abbas' advisor: All of "Palestine" will "return" to Palestinians through "resistance" - Video - December 17th, 2014
- Capitals school hosts concert to aid Palestine children - December 17th, 2014
- Bullard subdues Palestine Westwood with second-half surge - December 17th, 2014
- Recognition of Palestine statehood - Martina Anderson, on behalf of the GUE/NGL Group - Video - December 16th, 2014
- Muslims & Rabbis Against Israel FREE PALESTINE! - Video - December 16th, 2014
- EU lawmakers stop short of Palestine recognition vote - December 16th, 2014
- Palestinian teen given artificial eye in Dubai - December 16th, 2014
- Palestine to submit statehood bid to UN - December 16th, 2014
- Gilad Atzmon - Veterans Today - December 15th, 2014
- UK Lawmakers Back Motion to Recognize Palestinian State - December 15th, 2014
- West Bank (region, Palestine) | Encyclopedia Britannica - December 15th, 2014
- I hope MEPs will join me in voting to recognise Palestine - December 15th, 2014
- Palestine recognitions, a game-changer? - Video - December 15th, 2014
- Palestine to present resolution seeking end to Israeli occupation - Video - December 15th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: