Palestine presents UN bid
Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas has announced the Palestinian Authority will present its bid for non-state UN membership, despite US and Israeli opposition.
Following talks with Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi in Cairo, ‘it has been agreed that the request will be presented on November 29′, Abbas told reporters on Monday, calling for support from Arab states.
US President Barack Obama told Abbas in a telephone conversation on Sunday that his administration opposes the Palestinian UN initiative, and Israeli officials have threatened punitive measures if the Palestinians go ahead with the bid.
‘We don’t want any confrontations with the United States or Israel. If we could start a dialogue or negotiations the day after the vote, we will,’ the Palestinian leader said.
‘We know we are a country under occupation, but we want our land which was occupied in 1967, including Jerusalem. Israel says Palestinian lands are disputed and open to negotiation, and is hurrying to build settlements, covering Jerusalem with settlements,’ Abbas said.
He met earlier on Monday in Riyadh with Saudi King Abdullah, before travelling to Cairo for an Arab League meeting.
Palestinian negotiator Mohammed Shtayeh told a news conference in the West Bank town of Ramallah that the bid had been delayed at Washington’s request until after last week’s US presidential election.
‘Now there is no excuse for anybody to ask us not to go to the United Nations,’ Shtayeh said.
‘President Abbas will attend the Assembly General session for the vote,’ his spokesman, Nabil Abu Rudeina, told AFP.
Israeli officials have threatened punitive measures if the Palestinian initiative goes ahead, with Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman pledging to ‘ensure the collapse’ of Abbas’s Western-backed Palestinian Authority (PA).
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
ennio morricone holocaust 2000 mediafire
Ethiopia Muziqa 2013
dead mine full
cantor richmond racism
kkk hooking crips
spindletop richard schmidt
jesse watters jewish
george galloway storms bait
Seth Macfaralane anti semitism
gimme hope joanna apartheid
- Ikea and peace in the Middle East - November 1st, 2014
- Recognizing Palestine 'helps peace above all' - October 31st, 2014
- WHAT IS PALESTINE WHO ARE THE PALESTINIANS - Video - October 31st, 2014
- Israel/ Palestine Clash Over Holy Site - Video - October 31st, 2014
- Sweden Recognises Palestine and the Planet Endor - Video - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden Recognizes Palestine, Drawing Sharp Israeli Criticism - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden recognises Palestinian state, Israel recalls envoy - October 30th, 2014
- Israel recalls envoy after Sweden recognises Palestine: ministry - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden recognizes Palestinian state, hopes will revive peace process - October 30th, 2014
- Ouch! Israel Slams IKEA After Sweden OKs Palestine - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden recognizes state of Palestine - Video - October 30th, 2014
- In EU first, Sweden to recognise Palestine as independent state - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden Officially Recognizes State Of Palestine, Asks Other Nations To Follow Suit - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden recognizes state of Palestine - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden recognises state of Palestine - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden becomes first major European nation to officially recognise state of Palestine - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden recognises Palestinian state - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden to officially recognize Palestinian state on Thursday - October 30th, 2014
- Palestine urge Israel to end settlement plans - October 30th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict Israel Forces Attacks Gaza 2014 - Video - October 29th, 2014
- Free Palestine - Bella Ciao Modena City Ramblers - Video - October 29th, 2014
- Palestine police seeking armed robber - October 28th, 2014
- Palestine Hard Hip Hop Instrumental - Video - October 28th, 2014
- Palestine police searching for suspect in armed robbery - October 28th, 2014
- Ambassador Free Palestine lyrics By Fay - Video - October 27th, 2014
- How Palestine plans to overcome Israel and the US - October 27th, 2014
- The readers editor on the Guardians coverage of Israel/Palestine issues - October 27th, 2014
- City cancer aid for Bethlehem - October 27th, 2014
- Stand Up For Palestine! - Video - October 27th, 2014
- Palestine Cultural Days opens in Kuwait - October 27th, 2014
- Jordan is Threatening to Break Peace Ties with Israel over Palestine! - Video - October 26th, 2014
- Boycott Israel Action at Tesco Old Swan 10.10.14 - Video - October 26th, 2014
- 1997 Ford F-350 Used Cars East Palestine OH - Video - October 26th, 2014
- SHAYFEEN SAVE GAZA PALESTINE officiel video YouTube - Video - October 26th, 2014
- On the Brink: Israel and Palestine on the eve of the 2014 Gaza invasion - Video - October 26th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict IDF Cowards Gas Themsleves 06 08 2014 RAW VIDEO 2014 - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict IDF Cowards Gas Themsleves 06 08 2014 RAW VIDEO 2014 2014 - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Henderson Lions vs. Palestine Wildcats - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Humanity for Palestine and PCRF | Winter Coats For Kids In Gaza | #GazaCoats4Kids - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Smash The Wall A Step Forward #Palestine - Video - October 25th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: