Student organizations rally to show support for Israel, Palestine
Turlington Plaza was packed but divided Thursday afternoon.
At about 12:30 p.m., about 100 UF students rallied in response to the rocket attacks in southern Israel and Gaza launched by Palestinian militants.
According to CNN, more than 300 rockets have been launched since Wednesday as part of the latest developments in the historical conflict stemming from cultural differences.
The military leader of Hamas, an Islamic political party with a militant wing, was assassinated earlier this week. Palestinian rockets have killed at least 18 people.
For the last decade, Israeli civilians around the Gaza Strip, which is a little piece of land, have been living under the threat of rocket fire, said Josh Kahn, the Jewish Agency Israel Fellow to UF Hillel.
The 28-year-old helped organize the pro-Israel rally, which was put together Wednesday night by varying Jewish organizations on UFs campus.
This is being fired discriminately at neighborhoods, he said. These are not military targets. Its literally schools and houses.
Above heads, signs read NO to HAMAS, YES to PEACE and Pro Peace. The crowd sang Jewish prayers and chanted, Its great to be a Jewish Gator.
Across the plaza, a smaller group brandished a Palestinian flag. UF Students for a Democratic Society lead organizer Skye Schmelzer, a 20-year-old history junior, said they were there to counter-protest in support of Palestine.
Kahn said the event was not meant to be Israel versus Palestine.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
tube owaisi speech 3gp video
ashkenazi smartest cambridge
herald tribune jewish museum vienna
history judaism influenced jewish people's understanding themselves
tony hitler wright vs rock
gilad shalit, jerusalem, petition, tent
diary girl anne frank online
fulfilling rights? brother wajdi akkari discusses importance looking spouse
- Students for Justice in Palestine banner removal sparks debate on free speech, display policy - March 12th, 2014
- EP residents changed charged with burglary of Deerfield home - March 12th, 2014
- Turkish soldiers in combat in Palestine during World War I HD Stock Footage - Video - March 12th, 2014
- Students for Justice in Palestine banner advertising Israeli Apartheid week removed from Barnard Hall - March 11th, 2014
- Students for Justince in Palestine banner advertising Israel Apartheid week removed from Barnard Hall - March 11th, 2014
- Jordanian Judge Shot Dead by Israeli Soldiers 'Attacked Border Guards' - March 11th, 2014
- Spartans claim gymnastics sectional title - March 11th, 2014
- Author Miko Peled speaking at the launch of Israeli Apartheid Week in South Africa - Video - March 11th, 2014
- Palestine schools facing more cuts - March 11th, 2014
- 4 legged officer in Beaver Twp. gets ballistic vest - March 11th, 2014
- Netanyahu wants Dutch-Belgian enclave model in Palestine - March 11th, 2014
- Why Israel & Palestine? - Video - March 10th, 2014
- porteur de parole apartheid - Video - March 10th, 2014
- ISRAEL stealing LAND from Palestine again... HELLWARS - Video - March 10th, 2014
- EP officer joins DTF - March 10th, 2014
- Officer will join DTF permanently - March 10th, 2014
- What next for Palestinians? - March 10th, 2014
- Against the Washington Establishment Money, Politics, Lebanon, Palestine & the Israeli Lobby 1990 - Video - March 10th, 2014
- palestine . GAZA ,,, - Video - March 10th, 2014
- Israel Out of Options: We Better Watch Out - March 9th, 2014
- ISRAELI APARTHEID WEEK 2014 - Sous-titres franais - Video - March 9th, 2014
- Arab officials say no to Israel as Jewish state - March 9th, 2014
- April 29 2014 Peace Deal new moon deadline John Kerry Israel Palestine - Video - March 9th, 2014
- How about the Charger of Things, not the Internet of Things? - March 9th, 2014
- Obama and Netanyahu on Israel, Palestine and Syria-World History News - Video - March 9th, 2014
- Settlements in Palestine, peace deal - March 9th, 2014
- Ben Rivers : Playback Theatre and Popular Struggle in Occupied Palestine - Video - March 8th, 2014
- WHERE IS THE WORLD ? #Peace #Syria #Egypt #Palestine #Islam #Humanity ! - Video - March 8th, 2014
- Israeli Apartheid Week 2014 - Nass El Ghiwane: Palestine - Video - March 8th, 2014
- Wall of Shame - Documentary Video on Apartheid in Palestine (new) HD [documentary] - Video - March 8th, 2014
- City of Palestine to hold General Election on May 10 - March 7th, 2014
- Netanyahu says peace deal would leave some settlements in Palestine - March 7th, 2014
- 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe for sale in EAST PALESTINE, OH - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Tariq Ramadan, GAZA, PALESTINE, LA VRIT QUI DRANGE - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Tariq Ramadan La Palestine 4/6 - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Tariq Ramadan La Palestine 5/6 - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Tariq Ramadan La Palestine 2/6 - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Daniel Cohn-Bend vs Cathrine Ashton. Isral - Palestine - Video - March 7th, 2014
- Abir Kopty - Israeli Apartheid Week 2013 - Video - March 7th, 2014
- 2002 Chevrolet Astro Used Cars East Palestine OH - Video - March 7th, 2014
November 16, 2012 Tags: a-militant-wing, a-smaller-group, around-the-gaza, democratic, israel-fellow, jewish-agency, military-leader, Palestine, palestinian, political-party, wednesday Posted in: Palestine
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: