Student organizations rally to show support for Israel, Palestine
Turlington Plaza was packed but divided Thursday afternoon.
At about 12:30 p.m., about 100 UF students rallied in response to the rocket attacks in southern Israel and Gaza launched by Palestinian militants.
According to CNN, more than 300 rockets have been launched since Wednesday as part of the latest developments in the historical conflict stemming from cultural differences.
The military leader of Hamas, an Islamic political party with a militant wing, was assassinated earlier this week. Palestinian rockets have killed at least 18 people.
For the last decade, Israeli civilians around the Gaza Strip, which is a little piece of land, have been living under the threat of rocket fire, said Josh Kahn, the Jewish Agency Israel Fellow to UF Hillel.
The 28-year-old helped organize the pro-Israel rally, which was put together Wednesday night by varying Jewish organizations on UFs campus.
This is being fired discriminately at neighborhoods, he said. These are not military targets. Its literally schools and houses.
Above heads, signs read NO to HAMAS, YES to PEACE and Pro Peace. The crowd sang Jewish prayers and chanted, Its great to be a Jewish Gator.
Across the plaza, a smaller group brandished a Palestinian flag. UF Students for a Democratic Society lead organizer Skye Schmelzer, a 20-year-old history junior, said they were there to counter-protest in support of Palestine.
Kahn said the event was not meant to be Israel versus Palestine.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
1927 100 mils israel OR palestine OR palestina OR british OR mandate ebay cyprus mills miles
holocaust survivors raleigh march 10th
media lens message board
sir rateb rabie
anti semitism bournemouth
herald tribune jewish museum vienna
march 22, 2013 popes obama abomination desolation
ruth teig kreplach video
- Palestinians seek end-of-occupation vote this week - December 19th, 2014
- Palestine submits UN resolution for two-state solution - December 18th, 2014
- Palestine vote: 'No one cares about us' - December 18th, 2014
- EU Parliament move on Palestine statehood highlights momentum - December 18th, 2014
- European Parliament passes watered-down Palestine resolution - December 18th, 2014
- Pro-Palestine Parliaments: Hopes and Danger - December 17th, 2014
- Youth for Al-Quds SA Charity Car Wash for Palestine at Jimmy's/MaxiWash - Video - December 17th, 2014
- European Parliament votes to recognize Palestine state - Video - December 17th, 2014
- France: "EU commission has no right to vote on Palestine," says Farage - Video - December 17th, 2014
- Palestine Bid for Diplomatic Recognition Hits EU Setback - December 17th, 2014
- Right to Education for All - Palestine, 2014 - Video - December 17th, 2014
- Abbas' advisor: All of "Palestine" will "return" to Palestinians through "resistance" - Video - December 17th, 2014
- Capitals school hosts concert to aid Palestine children - December 17th, 2014
- Bullard subdues Palestine Westwood with second-half surge - December 17th, 2014
- Recognition of Palestine statehood - Martina Anderson, on behalf of the GUE/NGL Group - Video - December 16th, 2014
- Muslims & Rabbis Against Israel FREE PALESTINE! - Video - December 16th, 2014
- EU lawmakers stop short of Palestine recognition vote - December 16th, 2014
- Palestinian teen given artificial eye in Dubai - December 16th, 2014
- Palestine to submit statehood bid to UN - December 16th, 2014
- Gilad Atzmon - Veterans Today - December 15th, 2014
- UK Lawmakers Back Motion to Recognize Palestinian State - December 15th, 2014
- West Bank (region, Palestine) | Encyclopedia Britannica - December 15th, 2014
- I hope MEPs will join me in voting to recognise Palestine - December 15th, 2014
- Palestine recognitions, a game-changer? - Video - December 15th, 2014
- Palestine moves to end Israel occupation - December 14th, 2014
- Palestine to push UN to end Israel occupation - December 14th, 2014
- UK Prime Minister Abstains From Voting on Palestine Recognition - December 14th, 2014
- State of Palestine: Hamas shows off drone on 27th anniversary miitary parade - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Just A Summary | The Israel/Palestine Question: A Reader By Hannah Arendt - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Palestine parl't welcomes European recognition of independent state - December 14th, 2014
- Palestine 2 Ferguson "United We Stand" - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Mossad's secret operations.flv - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Ireland: 'Early recognition' of Palestine possible - December 14th, 2014
- BARBER WORLD TV, EDUCATIONAL SERIES, Monday May 13th 6-9PM, FEATURING PALESTINE BARBER & DENNY MOE - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Why Israel Is Justified In Defending Itself Against Palestine - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Kabbalah : Dan why did you flee? Palestine - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Palestine Bazar at Global Village Dubai 13.12.2014 - Video - December 13th, 2014
- Noam Chomsky (2014) "Gaza and the Prospects for Palestine" (FULL SPEECH + Q&A) - Video - December 13th, 2014
- Switzerland calls for special meeting on protection of Palestine - Video - December 13th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict : Israel Tanks Ready To Attack Gaza | RAW FOOTAGE - Video - December 13th, 2014
November 16, 2012 Tags: a-militant-wing, a-smaller-group, around-the-gaza, democratic, israel-fellow, jewish-agency, military-leader, Palestine, palestinian, political-party, wednesday Posted in: Palestine
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: