Student organizations rally to show support for Israel, Palestine
Turlington Plaza was packed but divided Thursday afternoon.
At about 12:30 p.m., about 100 UF students rallied in response to the rocket attacks in southern Israel and Gaza launched by Palestinian militants.
According to CNN, more than 300 rockets have been launched since Wednesday as part of the latest developments in the historical conflict stemming from cultural differences.
The military leader of Hamas, an Islamic political party with a militant wing, was assassinated earlier this week. Palestinian rockets have killed at least 18 people.
For the last decade, Israeli civilians around the Gaza Strip, which is a little piece of land, have been living under the threat of rocket fire, said Josh Kahn, the Jewish Agency Israel Fellow to UF Hillel.
The 28-year-old helped organize the pro-Israel rally, which was put together Wednesday night by varying Jewish organizations on UFs campus.
This is being fired discriminately at neighborhoods, he said. These are not military targets. Its literally schools and houses.
Above heads, signs read NO to HAMAS, YES to PEACE and Pro Peace. The crowd sang Jewish prayers and chanted, Its great to be a Jewish Gator.
Across the plaza, a smaller group brandished a Palestinian flag. UF Students for a Democratic Society lead organizer Skye Schmelzer, a 20-year-old history junior, said they were there to counter-protest in support of Palestine.
Kahn said the event was not meant to be Israel versus Palestine.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
relation jews blood rozanov pdf
importance characteristics nelson mandela ann graham gaines
Kuttay Ka Bacha Praveen Togadia
english convivencia: aspects christian jewish cooperation medieval england, 1189 1290
azra jabeen symantec
jz knight virginia coverdale 2013
israel palestinr rough draft
friedrich kittler jesus
anti Tea party rally 2013
- Palestine President Mahmud Abbas to go to United Nations if ... - December 3rd, 2013
- Palestine - Le saviez-vous ? - Video - December 2nd, 2013
- Hani Ramadan Face au Sioniste Pierre Weiss, La Palestine Est Un Etat - Video - December 2nd, 2013
- Hitler parle de la Palestine - Video - December 2nd, 2013
- V 2 Palestine * Ligue des Peuples Arabes * ????? ?? ??? *????? ?????? ??????? - Video - December 1st, 2013
- Saveur Declares State of Palestine â€“ Forward Thinking ... - December 1st, 2013
- Palestine - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - December 1st, 2013
- Happy Thanksgiving. UN Rings In 'The Year of Palestine' By Condemning Israel. - Video - November 30th, 2013
- Hespress.com: Soutien pour la palestine de Rabat - Video - November 29th, 2013
- PALESTINE VAINCRA PAR SA FOIE SANS ARME - Video - November 29th, 2013
- Jewish Heritage Â» Jewish American Heritage Month - November 29th, 2013
- New ambassador stands with Palestine at UN - Video - November 29th, 2013
- Shimon Peres says peace talks with Palestine have resumed - Video - November 28th, 2013
- Noam Chomsky "We Reserve the Right to Bomb the N******" (On Libya, Saudia Arabia, Israel, Palestine) - Video - November 28th, 2013
- Homepage Â» The Palestine Herald, Palestine, Texas - November 27th, 2013
- Lobby for Palestine Free Shaker Aamer 27 Nov 2013 - Video - November 27th, 2013
- Sabreen - Death of the Prophet - ??? ????? (Palestine) - Video - November 27th, 2013
- DieudonnÃ©Â Palestine - Video - November 27th, 2013
- Crawford st structure fire Palestine Texas - Video - November 26th, 2013
- UN marks day for solidarity with Palestine - Video - November 26th, 2013
- Ambassador Ron Prosor at UN General Assembly Debate on "The Question of Palestine" - Video - November 26th, 2013
- [Galaxy S II video contest] Mohamad Mostafa Alqam (Palestine).mov - Video - November 26th, 2013
- Long live Palestine ! - Video - November 26th, 2013
- Palestine and the Syrian revolt | SocialistWorker.org - November 26th, 2013
- Testimony by Dr. Ilan Pappe on Genocide in Palestine by Israel - Video - November 25th, 2013
- The Truth About Palestine - Video - November 25th, 2013
- The Political Legacy of British Mandatory Palestine (1918-1948). Professor Menachem Hofnung - Video - November 25th, 2013
- Syria, Palestine, Occupation cannot persist, Dream cannot be broken, Rights will always Triumph - Video - November 24th, 2013
- Palestine: Several Palestinians injured in Jerusalem | The ... - November 24th, 2013
- Dr Ilan Pappe Testimony on Genocide in Palestine by Israel - Video - November 24th, 2013
- Whose Land is this? Israel v. Palestine - Video - November 23rd, 2013
- Dr. Jad Speaking to Aljazeera Tv, during Kerry's Visit Jerusalem and Bethlehem - Video - November 23rd, 2013
- 2013 Palestine Center Annual Conference - Panel IV - Video - November 22nd, 2013
- bordermindproject | Yafa Centre | Balata Camp | Palestine sub ITA - Video - November 22nd, 2013
- Jawwal Tech Promo - Video - November 21st, 2013
- 2013 Palestine Center Annual Conference - Panel II - Video - November 21st, 2013
- Activist for Palestine - Video - November 20th, 2013
- Paintings of Palestine by Nabil Anani - Video - November 20th, 2013
- Palestine Still Suffering from Set-back of 1929 Disturbances ... - November 19th, 2013
- Promoting Palestine Over Israel - Video - November 19th, 2013
November 16, 2012 Tags: a-militant-wing, a-smaller-group, around-the-gaza, democratic, israel-fellow, jewish-agency, military-leader, Palestine, palestinian, political-party, wednesday Posted in: Palestine
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: