Student organizations rally to show support for Israel, Palestine
Turlington Plaza was packed but divided Thursday afternoon.
At about 12:30 p.m., about 100 UF students rallied in response to the rocket attacks in southern Israel and Gaza launched by Palestinian militants.
According to CNN, more than 300 rockets have been launched since Wednesday as part of the latest developments in the historical conflict stemming from cultural differences.
The military leader of Hamas, an Islamic political party with a militant wing, was assassinated earlier this week. Palestinian rockets have killed at least 18 people.
For the last decade, Israeli civilians around the Gaza Strip, which is a little piece of land, have been living under the threat of rocket fire, said Josh Kahn, the Jewish Agency Israel Fellow to UF Hillel.
The 28-year-old helped organize the pro-Israel rally, which was put together Wednesday night by varying Jewish organizations on UFs campus.
This is being fired discriminately at neighborhoods, he said. These are not military targets. Its literally schools and houses.
Above heads, signs read NO to HAMAS, YES to PEACE and Pro Peace. The crowd sang Jewish prayers and chanted, Its great to be a Jewish Gator.
Across the plaza, a smaller group brandished a Palestinian flag. UF Students for a Democratic Society lead organizer Skye Schmelzer, a 20-year-old history junior, said they were there to counter-protest in support of Palestine.
Kahn said the event was not meant to be Israel versus Palestine.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
ennio morricone holocaust 2000 mediafire
urdu sahartv ir 22 feb 2013
seth mcfarlane philosemite
obama peace safety march 2013
sephardic jews friesland
tim lieder founder dybbuk
fun facts ancient jerusalem
jerusalem song mp3
breaking jewish code free download
dalhousie information management
- Sweden recognises state of Palestine - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden becomes first major European nation to officially recognise state of Palestine - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden recognises Palestinian state - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden to officially recognize Palestinian state on Thursday - October 30th, 2014
- Palestine urge Israel to end settlement plans - October 30th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict Israel Forces Attacks Gaza 2014 - Video - October 29th, 2014
- Free Palestine - Bella Ciao Modena City Ramblers - Video - October 29th, 2014
- Palestine police seeking armed robber - October 28th, 2014
- Palestine Hard Hip Hop Instrumental - Video - October 28th, 2014
- Palestine police searching for suspect in armed robbery - October 28th, 2014
- Ambassador Free Palestine lyrics By Fay - Video - October 27th, 2014
- How Palestine plans to overcome Israel and the US - October 27th, 2014
- The readers editor on the Guardians coverage of Israel/Palestine issues - October 27th, 2014
- City cancer aid for Bethlehem - October 27th, 2014
- Stand Up For Palestine! - Video - October 27th, 2014
- Palestine Cultural Days opens in Kuwait - October 27th, 2014
- Jordan is Threatening to Break Peace Ties with Israel over Palestine! - Video - October 26th, 2014
- Boycott Israel Action at Tesco Old Swan 10.10.14 - Video - October 26th, 2014
- 1997 Ford F-350 Used Cars East Palestine OH - Video - October 26th, 2014
- SHAYFEEN SAVE GAZA PALESTINE officiel video YouTube - Video - October 26th, 2014
- On the Brink: Israel and Palestine on the eve of the 2014 Gaza invasion - Video - October 26th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict IDF Cowards Gas Themsleves 06 08 2014 RAW VIDEO 2014 - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict IDF Cowards Gas Themsleves 06 08 2014 RAW VIDEO 2014 2014 - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Henderson Lions vs. Palestine Wildcats - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Humanity for Palestine and PCRF | Winter Coats For Kids In Gaza | #GazaCoats4Kids - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Smash The Wall A Step Forward #Palestine - Video - October 25th, 2014
- If you love palestine please like - Video - October 25th, 2014
- The Battle for Palestine Part Three - October 24th, 2014
- Britains Palestine vote is a non-starter - October 24th, 2014
- London Palestine Action @ the Airbus London HQ - Video - October 24th, 2014
- Palestine will be recognised - October 24th, 2014
- The Battle for Palestine Part Two - October 24th, 2014
- The Battle for Palestine - October 24th, 2014
- Israel Has Been Stealing Land From Palestine - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Douar Ouaraben, Palestine war game 1, 2009 - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Lots And Land for sale - Howell Rd, East Palestine, OH 44413 - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- 2000 Ford F-350 Used Cars East Palestine OH - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Seanad motion urging recognition for state of Palestine agreed unanimously - October 23rd, 2014
- Lady Warsi on Palestine, Islam, quitting ... and how to stay true to your beliefs - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Student organization encourages conversation about Palestine - October 22nd, 2014
November 16, 2012 Tags: a-militant-wing, a-smaller-group, around-the-gaza, democratic, israel-fellow, jewish-agency, military-leader, Palestine, palestinian, political-party, wednesday Posted in: Palestine
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: