Student organizations rally to show support for Israel, Palestine
Turlington Plaza was packed but divided Thursday afternoon.
At about 12:30 p.m., about 100 UF students rallied in response to the rocket attacks in southern Israel and Gaza launched by Palestinian militants.
According to CNN, more than 300 rockets have been launched since Wednesday as part of the latest developments in the historical conflict stemming from cultural differences.
The military leader of Hamas, an Islamic political party with a militant wing, was assassinated earlier this week. Palestinian rockets have killed at least 18 people.
For the last decade, Israeli civilians around the Gaza Strip, which is a little piece of land, have been living under the threat of rocket fire, said Josh Kahn, the Jewish Agency Israel Fellow to UF Hillel.
The 28-year-old helped organize the pro-Israel rally, which was put together Wednesday night by varying Jewish organizations on UFs campus.
This is being fired discriminately at neighborhoods, he said. These are not military targets. Its literally schools and houses.
Above heads, signs read NO to HAMAS, YES to PEACE and Pro Peace. The crowd sang Jewish prayers and chanted, Its great to be a Jewish Gator.
Across the plaza, a smaller group brandished a Palestinian flag. UF Students for a Democratic Society lead organizer Skye Schmelzer, a 20-year-old history junior, said they were there to counter-protest in support of Palestine.
Kahn said the event was not meant to be Israel versus Palestine.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
karl urban racist
plans against mslm
adele anti semitic comments
halocaust altered books
sir rateb rabie
minister incharge hate speech
anti semitic jokes liners
katsucon 2013 jewish
valentina romashova worked
surpass neuro endograft
- Mahmoud Abbas Slammed By Israeli Prime Minister For Claims Of Genocide And Holocaust Denial - September 30th, 2014
- Palestine Comics - Video - September 30th, 2014
- 2003 Ford E-Series Van Used Cars East Palestine OH - Video - September 30th, 2014
- Pro-Palestine protesters blockade Israeli ship in California - Video - September 30th, 2014
- Palestine Gains Wide Support For Statehood Bid - September 30th, 2014
- Netanyahu UN speech 'blatant manipulation of facts': PLO - September 29th, 2014
- Homes for - 6927 West BRIAR PARK VW, NEW PALESTINE, IN 4616 - Video - September 29th, 2014
- FREE PALESTINE Ambassador LYRICS - Video - September 29th, 2014
- Mandatory Palestine: What It Was and Why It Matters - September 29th, 2014
- ::::] Oh! Muslim Free Palestine Boycott Israel [::: www.fb.com/HmdSuhail - Video - September 29th, 2014
- Palestine councilman continues campaign to lower pool rates, boost attendance - September 29th, 2014
- USA: Abbas warns UNGA "Israel will impose most abhorrent form of Apartheid" - Video - September 29th, 2014
- SHAYFEEN SAVE GAZA PALESTINE mp3 2014 SHAYFEEN SAVE GAZA PALESTINE mp3 2014 - Video - September 28th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict IDF Cowards Gas Themsleves 06 08 2014 RAW VIDEO 2014 2014 news 2014 - Video - September 28th, 2014
- Russell Tribunal on Palestine - Ken Loach, Roger Waters - Video - September 28th, 2014
- Palestinian Prisoners & Administrative Detention in Israel excerpt from Roadmap to Apartheid - Video - September 28th, 2014
- Anifah's statement at NAM ministerial meeting - September 28th, 2014
- Malaysia calls for intensified effort to seek justice for Palestine - September 28th, 2014
- Malaysia calls for intensified efforts to seek justice for Palestine - September 28th, 2014
- Steve from New Palestine buys at Berman's Infiniti of Merrillville - Video - September 28th, 2014
- Quotes on Palestine from Speeches Delivered at UN General Assembly - September 27th, 2014
- India committed to Palestinian cause: Sushma Swaraj - September 27th, 2014
- Israeli withdrawal from Palestine urged by Abbas - September 27th, 2014
- HAIL PALESTINE - SEALED WITH DONATION - September 26th, 2014
- West Bank delegation aims to strengthen bond with Pendle - September 26th, 2014
- Our grief, trauma, anger will not make us abandon our humanity, Palestinian leader tells UN - September 26th, 2014
- Boycott Israel Nice Leclerc Bonvoyage: Sodastream et Marque Repere Leclerc ( Jafaden,..) - Video - September 26th, 2014
- Palestine selects "Eyes of a Thief" as foreign Oscar contender - September 26th, 2014
- Gaza and the 'crime of crimes' - September 26th, 2014
- Update: Palestine fire damages homes - September 26th, 2014
- Roger Waters sings for the Bertrand Russell Tribunal on Palestine - Video - September 25th, 2014
- Roger Waters In Russell Tribunal on Palestine - Video - September 25th, 2014
- Roger Waters - Lay Down Jerusalem (@European Parliament) - Video - September 25th, 2014
- ASSOCIATION ONE TWO THREE VIVA L' ALGERIE / GALA AUBERVILLIERS PALESTINE DIMANCHE 21 SEPT 2014 (21) - Video - September 25th, 2014
- ASSOCIATION ONE TWO THREE VIVA L' ALGERIE / GALA AUBERVILLIERS PALESTINE DIMANCHE 21 SEPT 2014 (23) - Video - September 25th, 2014
- Asian Games: Japan crush Palestine football hopes - September 25th, 2014
- Palestine | Define Palestine at Dictionary.com - September 25th, 2014
- SARA 2014 Official Trailer#1 gaza Palestine lama film - Video - September 25th, 2014
- 'UN helpless in Israel-Palestine conflict' - September 25th, 2014
- Muhammed Desai at the ANC Palestine Rally HD - Video - September 25th, 2014
November 16, 2012 Tags: a-militant-wing, a-smaller-group, around-the-gaza, democratic, israel-fellow, jewish-agency, military-leader, Palestine, palestinian, political-party, wednesday Posted in: Palestine
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: