Student organizations rally to show support for Israel, Palestine
Turlington Plaza was packed but divided Thursday afternoon.
At about 12:30 p.m., about 100 UF students rallied in response to the rocket attacks in southern Israel and Gaza launched by Palestinian militants.
According to CNN, more than 300 rockets have been launched since Wednesday as part of the latest developments in the historical conflict stemming from cultural differences.
The military leader of Hamas, an Islamic political party with a militant wing, was assassinated earlier this week. Palestinian rockets have killed at least 18 people.
For the last decade, Israeli civilians around the Gaza Strip, which is a little piece of land, have been living under the threat of rocket fire, said Josh Kahn, the Jewish Agency Israel Fellow to UF Hillel.
The 28-year-old helped organize the pro-Israel rally, which was put together Wednesday night by varying Jewish organizations on UFs campus.
This is being fired discriminately at neighborhoods, he said. These are not military targets. Its literally schools and houses.
Above heads, signs read NO to HAMAS, YES to PEACE and Pro Peace. The crowd sang Jewish prayers and chanted, Its great to be a Jewish Gator.
Across the plaza, a smaller group brandished a Palestinian flag. UF Students for a Democratic Society lead organizer Skye Schmelzer, a 20-year-old history junior, said they were there to counter-protest in support of Palestine.
Kahn said the event was not meant to be Israel versus Palestine.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
book brooklyn hasidic sect
jeffress anti semitism tim
mark wahlberg racist anti semitic
murder mary phagan dvd
csu cagayan scandal
plesteen israel war 3gp free videos
malik bendjelloul jewish
- Palestine- Thousands of worshipers participate in Bethlehem mass - May 26th, 2014
- DePaul president invites pro-Palestine students to make case for divestment - May 26th, 2014
- Pope Francis visits Palestine - Video - May 25th, 2014
- Francis in Bethlehem - May 25th, 2014
- You Came to Create Change - May 25th, 2014
- Pope Makes Surprise Stop to Pray At Bethlehem Separation Wall - May 25th, 2014
- Hamas brainwashes children: "There is no Israel - only Palestine" - Video - May 25th, 2014
- VATICAN - PALESTINE Pope in Palestine: I offer my home in the Vatican" for a prayer meeting between the presidents of ... - May 25th, 2014
- Pope lands in Bethlehem in symbolic nod to Palestinian state, says stalemate 'unacceptable' - May 25th, 2014
- Pope calls for State of Palestine, peace with Israel - May 25th, 2014
- Pope Francis acknowledges State of Palestine - May 25th, 2014
- Irfan Makki Palestine Official Lyric Video - Video - May 24th, 2014
- Need for Israel, Palestine peace talks Mahama - May 24th, 2014
- Welcome to Palestine - Video - May 24th, 2014
- Maldives vs Palestine: AFC Challenge Cup 2014 - Video - May 24th, 2014
- Vatican Says Pope Will Demand 'Sovereign Palestine' - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- United Palestine Appeal: An American Speaks - 1940s Social Guidance Documentary - Val73TV - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- Today Live Maldives vs Palestine Football Match & Full Match Highlights 23 May 2014 - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- Talmo Kalon e Palestinia Heart beats in Palestine - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- What Pope Francis can do for Mideast peace - May 23rd, 2014
- Missing dog reunited with owner after two years - May 23rd, 2014
- Zaki Dynamik - Palestine - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- Middle East Peace Run Highlights 3/3 (Israel and Palestine) #mepeacerun - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- Dog missing for 2 years reunited with owner - May 22nd, 2014
- Palestine refugees hope Pope will highlight plight - May 22nd, 2014
- Children on PA TV: All of Israel will be replaced by "Palestine" - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- PA TV teaches kids: All of Israel will be replaced by "Palestine" - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- Welcome Ceremony for the Pope in the State of Palestine. - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- 114 W. Main St. / 113 W. Spring St., Palestine, TX 75801 - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- BDSmovement.net | Palestinian BDS National Committee - May 21st, 2014
- LIVE : Myanmar vs Palestine: AFC Challenge Cup 2014 (Full Match) - Video - May 21st, 2014
- Myanmar vs Palestine: AFC Challenge Cup 2014 (Full Match) - Video - May 21st, 2014
- Golan Heights | The Electronic Intifada - May 21st, 2014
- Myanmar vs Palestine: AFC Challenge Cup 2014 - Video - May 21st, 2014
- From Gaza to Pope Francis: "Work to Lift the Injustice We Suffer" - Video - May 21st, 2014
- In Palestine and Israel, there are no 'clashes' - May 21st, 2014
- Myanmar vs Palestine Football Live Streaming AFC Challenge Cup - 20 May 2014 - Video - May 21st, 2014
- Palestine- Youth hold Mideast peace talks online - May 21st, 2014
- Lake Palestine PALOOZA Saturday at Villages Marina - May 21st, 2014
- Symbole De La Libert PALESTINE (Rap Maroc) - Video - May 20th, 2014
November 16, 2012 Tags: a-militant-wing, a-smaller-group, around-the-gaza, democratic, israel-fellow, jewish-agency, military-leader, Palestine, palestinian, political-party, wednesday Posted in: Palestine
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: