Student organizations rally to show support for Israel, Palestine
Turlington Plaza was packed but divided Thursday afternoon.
At about 12:30 p.m., about 100 UF students rallied in response to the rocket attacks in southern Israel and Gaza launched by Palestinian militants.
According to CNN, more than 300 rockets have been launched since Wednesday as part of the latest developments in the historical conflict stemming from cultural differences.
The military leader of Hamas, an Islamic political party with a militant wing, was assassinated earlier this week. Palestinian rockets have killed at least 18 people.
For the last decade, Israeli civilians around the Gaza Strip, which is a little piece of land, have been living under the threat of rocket fire, said Josh Kahn, the Jewish Agency Israel Fellow to UF Hillel.
The 28-year-old helped organize the pro-Israel rally, which was put together Wednesday night by varying Jewish organizations on UFs campus.
This is being fired discriminately at neighborhoods, he said. These are not military targets. Its literally schools and houses.
Above heads, signs read NO to HAMAS, YES to PEACE and Pro Peace. The crowd sang Jewish prayers and chanted, Its great to be a Jewish Gator.
Across the plaza, a smaller group brandished a Palestinian flag. UF Students for a Democratic Society lead organizer Skye Schmelzer, a 20-year-old history junior, said they were there to counter-protest in support of Palestine.
Kahn said the event was not meant to be Israel versus Palestine.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
cohen jewish experience torrent
seth mcfarlane philosemite
kenya libya highlights
germany pay documentary
war thunder golden eagle free
bejar jewish museum
urdu sahartv ir 22 feb 2013
spurgeon anti semitism
famous speeches amalikites genocide
- - Palestine is in a critical phase - September 23rd, 2014
- #PeoplesClimateMarch NYC2014 - Free Palestine Bloc : "Resistance is justified" - Video - September 23rd, 2014
- Palestine is more than a wailing nightingale - September 23rd, 2014
- Israel Palestine 2014 NEW Video Hamas Army Attack Israeli Army Supervisory Tower 08 Agust 2014 - Video - September 22nd, 2014
- VapingwithTwisted420's New Day Job! Voltage Vapor Shop in Palestine,TX! - Video - September 22nd, 2014
- ZIONISM IS NOT JUDAISM and WARFARE BY POLLUTION - Video - September 22nd, 2014
- Palestine - define Palestine at The Free Dictionary - September 22nd, 2014
- Singapore crash out despite impressive win over Palestine - September 22nd, 2014
- RAW Police brutally disperse pro Palestine protest in Berlin - Video - September 21st, 2014
- RAW Pro Israel & pro Palestine protesters face off in US - Video - September 21st, 2014
- Asian Games: Troubled Palestine advance in Asiad football - September 21st, 2014
- collectif palestine de france Arles - Video - September 21st, 2014
- So near, yet so far for Singapore football at Asian Games - September 21st, 2014
- Making Sense of Israel and Palestine Conflict - Miko Peled - Video - September 21st, 2014
- Palestine : le Saviez Vous ? - Video - September 20th, 2014
- Witness to Genocide: Israel/Palestine: A Journey to Peace to be shown Friday - September 20th, 2014
- From Syria to Palestine || Part 5 - Video - September 20th, 2014
- Pink Floyd - Song for Palestine.mp4 - Video - September 20th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict Tank Patrol Israel Attack Gaza, RAW VIDEO - Video - September 20th, 2014
- Asian Games: Indian hoopsters thrash Palestine - September 20th, 2014
- Sovereign Palestine a must for Mideast peace - September 19th, 2014
- Iran says Israel Must Leave Palestine in Order to Destroy ISIS! - Video - September 19th, 2014
- Palestine : Roger Waters ( Pink Floyd ) une Chanson pour Gaza - Video - September 19th, 2014
- Child prisoners remembered in World Week for Peace in Palestine & Israel - September 19th, 2014
- LA VERITA SUI PALESTINESI - PALESTINE TRUTH - Video - September 19th, 2014
- Israel vs Palestine - feat. DAM & Norman Finkelstein [RAP NEWS 24] - Video - September 19th, 2014
- Dieudonne et la Palestine Vido Censure - Video - September 19th, 2014
- a Float for "palestine"/Muslim Day Parade 2014 - Video - September 18th, 2014
- Coffee in Palestine - Israel polluting seized Palestinian land - Video - September 18th, 2014
- Israel Gaza Conflict 2014 I Israel Airstrake Gaza, Palestine #3 - Video - September 18th, 2014
- Children of Conflict: Israel-Palestine (part 1) - los nios del conflicto - Video - September 18th, 2014
- This happens everyday in Palestine. Sad. - Video - September 18th, 2014
- World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel - September 18th, 2014
- World Week for Peace in Palestine and Israel - September 18th, 2014
- DFA lowers alert levels for Israel, Palestine - Video - September 18th, 2014
- News@6: Alert level sa Israel, Palestine at Gaza Strip, ibinaba na ng DFA || Sept. 18, 2014 - Video - September 18th, 2014
- Liverpool Rise for Palestine protest Saturday 13th September - Video - September 18th, 2014
- Adrian Peterson's hometown reacts to reports - September 18th, 2014
- Hidden Truth of Palestine Israel Conflict - Beyond News Headlines - Speech by Alison Weir - Video - September 18th, 2014
- New Palestine grandmother goes for birthday skydive - September 17th, 2014
November 16, 2012 Tags: a-militant-wing, a-smaller-group, around-the-gaza, democratic, israel-fellow, jewish-agency, military-leader, Palestine, palestinian, political-party, wednesday Posted in: Palestine
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: