Student organizations rally to show support for Israel, Palestine
Turlington Plaza was packed but divided Thursday afternoon.
At about 12:30 p.m., about 100 UF students rallied in response to the rocket attacks in southern Israel and Gaza launched by Palestinian militants.
According to CNN, more than 300 rockets have been launched since Wednesday as part of the latest developments in the historical conflict stemming from cultural differences.
The military leader of Hamas, an Islamic political party with a militant wing, was assassinated earlier this week. Palestinian rockets have killed at least 18 people.
For the last decade, Israeli civilians around the Gaza Strip, which is a little piece of land, have been living under the threat of rocket fire, said Josh Kahn, the Jewish Agency Israel Fellow to UF Hillel.
The 28-year-old helped organize the pro-Israel rally, which was put together Wednesday night by varying Jewish organizations on UFs campus.
This is being fired discriminately at neighborhoods, he said. These are not military targets. Its literally schools and houses.
Above heads, signs read NO to HAMAS, YES to PEACE and Pro Peace. The crowd sang Jewish prayers and chanted, Its great to be a Jewish Gator.
Across the plaza, a smaller group brandished a Palestinian flag. UF Students for a Democratic Society lead organizer Skye Schmelzer, a 20-year-old history junior, said they were there to counter-protest in support of Palestine.
Kahn said the event was not meant to be Israel versus Palestine.
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
unseen 2007 link
archie bunker stretch cunningham funeral
book brooklyn hasidic sect
aya quran racist
israel iran bible
zo williams django
lupe fiasco anti semitic
shabbat songs moroccan
- The Battle for Palestine Part Two - October 24th, 2014
- The Battle for Palestine - October 24th, 2014
- 2000 Ford F-350 Used Cars East Palestine OH - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Seanad motion urging recognition for state of Palestine agreed unanimously - October 23rd, 2014
- Lady Warsi on Palestine, Islam, quitting ... and how to stay true to your beliefs - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Student organization encourages conversation about Palestine - October 22nd, 2014
- The momentum to recognize a Palestinian State is unstoppable - October 22nd, 2014
- Averil Calls on the Seanad to Recognise the State of Palestine - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- #40 - Dieudonne et la Palestine - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- HK au Festival Free Palestine - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- Palestine MNT vs NMI MNT: AFC Challenge Cup 2014: GK saves - #1 GK JOHANN NOETZEL - Video - October 21st, 2014
- Palestine could join over 500 intl. bodies - October 21st, 2014
- Palestine is a state, definitely - October 21st, 2014
- Recognizing Palestine: When Yes was the Unacceptable Answer - October 21st, 2014
- The U.S. and Israel want to marginalize the Palestinians - October 20th, 2014
- Drama - Palestine - Video - October 20th, 2014
- ISIS news video - ISIS BURNING PALESTINE FLAG (SYRIA, ALEPPO) - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Jeudis de l'IMA - Interludes Poetiques de Palestine - Video - October 20th, 2014
- State of Palestine: Clay sculptures commemorate victims of latest Gaza conflict - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Gaza and the Prospects for Palestine: Noam Chomsky hosted by Palestine@MIT Oct. 2014 - Video - October 20th, 2014
- palestine ya bladi - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Boo Hoo Palestine - Video - October 20th, 2014
- 8H pour la Palestine, Belfort, 18/10/2014 (5) - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Britain's phantoms of the past in Palestine - October 20th, 2014
- Palestine's Abbas pledges legal measure to prevent al-Aqsa attacks - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Dieudonn pisse sur le mur de l'apartheid - Video - October 19th, 2014
- 8H pour la Palestine, Belfort, 18/10/2014 (1) - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine at the UN - Video - October 19th, 2014
- HARD CORE TRUTH ISRAEL PALESTINE CONFLICT & GLOBAL ISSUES Documentary film 2014 - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Israel/Palestine, Russell Brand/Sean Hannity: Round 2 - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Palestine seeks Malaysias expertise in running civil service Bernama - October 19th, 2014
- Palestine/Israel - Une journaliste dnonce - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Can Palestines liberation come from UN? (P.1) - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Amazing view of East Jerusalem - Video - October 18th, 2014
- Tightening noose around Tel Aviv - October 18th, 2014
- Home For Sale: 301 and 305 SE Perry Street Palestine, Texas 75801 - Video - October 18th, 2014
- Home For Sale: 1104 E Lamar Palestine, Texas 75801 - Video - October 18th, 2014
- Home For Sale: 220 Glenwood Palestine, Texas 75803 - Video - October 18th, 2014
- Long live Palestine Lyrics Lowkey - Video - October 18th, 2014
- At UN, ICP Asks Chomsky Of Kobane, & Ban Ki-moon's Performance on Palestine: Limited, Turks Bomb PKK - Video - October 18th, 2014
November 16, 2012 Tags: a-militant-wing, a-smaller-group, around-the-gaza, democratic, israel-fellow, jewish-agency, military-leader, Palestine, palestinian, political-party, wednesday Posted in: Palestine
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: