Take a trip, make a difference
Dubai: Gulf for Good is organising a hiking trip through Palestine in April to help educate disabled Palestinian children.
Gulf for Good is a Dubai based charity that was established in March 2001 and operates under the patronage of Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority.
Brian Wilkie, chairman of the regional charity, hopes to take a large group of participants on the Palestine Trail: In the Footsteps of Ebrahim, so that they can donate a purpose-built extension to an independent, non-political school in Bethlehem.
Gulf for Good organises adventure challenges around the world, inspiring people to do something different.
Article continues below
Wilkie explained how the charity is supported. He said that people sign up to Gulf for Good, paying a small registration fee to cover the working fees of Gulf for Good, then the participants look for sponsorship for their participation in the challenge from friends, family, colleagues, employers and corporates. One third of the sponsorship collected covers the cost of the challenge and two thirds go to the chosen charity in the region where the challenge will take place. he said.
We hold four challenges every year. We have organised 40 challenges over the last 11 years with nearly 900 participants and we have donated well over Dh8 million to projects such as building schools, hospitals and buying ambulances, Wilkie said.
The money from this trip will go to Hope Flowers School in Bethlehem. This school is an independent, non-political, co-ed school providing education to refugee and disadvantaged children, aged five to 13. Many of the children at the school suffer trauma or learning disabilities. As an independent school, Hope Flowers depends on private donors, but demands a token annual tuition fee of $250 (Dh918) per child.
Gulf for Good will be donating the money to build a second floor extension to the existing building with an area of 500 metre square. The extension will include disabled access toilets, physiotherapy and occupational therapy facilities and special education classrooms, plus a large lift for access. The total project will take 10 months to build.
The Palestine trip, which is the second this year, will take place in April. Wilkie said that participants will follow the path that Prophet Ebrahim took through Palestine. He said that during the trip, they will be staying at peoples homes, small hotels and sometimes with Bedouins. The trip is safe and it is one of the easier challenges we have, the participants need to be reasonably fit, but it is not a tough one.
See the original post:
Take a trip, make a difference
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
purim ii promoting genocide
israel palestine battle occupation retaliation
red ice radio anti semeti
ennio morricone holocaust 2000 mediafire
ancient egypt hell
nemo oblivioni tradita est, nihil oblivioni tradita est
audie murphy anti semitic
jewish architecture india
relationshipblogs 2013 videos
- Europe's symbolic solidarity with Palestine - December 19th, 2014
- Palestinians seek end-of-occupation vote this week - December 19th, 2014
- Palestine submits UN resolution for two-state solution - December 18th, 2014
- Palestine vote: 'No one cares about us' - December 18th, 2014
- EU Parliament move on Palestine statehood highlights momentum - December 18th, 2014
- European Parliament passes watered-down Palestine resolution - December 18th, 2014
- Pro-Palestine Parliaments: Hopes and Danger - December 17th, 2014
- Youth for Al-Quds SA Charity Car Wash for Palestine at Jimmy's/MaxiWash - Video - December 17th, 2014
- European Parliament votes to recognize Palestine state - Video - December 17th, 2014
- France: "EU commission has no right to vote on Palestine," says Farage - Video - December 17th, 2014
- Palestine Bid for Diplomatic Recognition Hits EU Setback - December 17th, 2014
- Right to Education for All - Palestine, 2014 - Video - December 17th, 2014
- Abbas' advisor: All of "Palestine" will "return" to Palestinians through "resistance" - Video - December 17th, 2014
- Capitals school hosts concert to aid Palestine children - December 17th, 2014
- Bullard subdues Palestine Westwood with second-half surge - December 17th, 2014
- Recognition of Palestine statehood - Martina Anderson, on behalf of the GUE/NGL Group - Video - December 16th, 2014
- Muslims & Rabbis Against Israel FREE PALESTINE! - Video - December 16th, 2014
- EU lawmakers stop short of Palestine recognition vote - December 16th, 2014
- Palestinian teen given artificial eye in Dubai - December 16th, 2014
- Palestine to submit statehood bid to UN - December 16th, 2014
- Gilad Atzmon - Veterans Today - December 15th, 2014
- UK Lawmakers Back Motion to Recognize Palestinian State - December 15th, 2014
- West Bank (region, Palestine) | Encyclopedia Britannica - December 15th, 2014
- I hope MEPs will join me in voting to recognise Palestine - December 15th, 2014
- Palestine recognitions, a game-changer? - Video - December 15th, 2014
- Palestine moves to end Israel occupation - December 14th, 2014
- Palestine to push UN to end Israel occupation - December 14th, 2014
- UK Prime Minister Abstains From Voting on Palestine Recognition - December 14th, 2014
- State of Palestine: Hamas shows off drone on 27th anniversary miitary parade - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Just A Summary | The Israel/Palestine Question: A Reader By Hannah Arendt - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Palestine parl't welcomes European recognition of independent state - December 14th, 2014
- Palestine 2 Ferguson "United We Stand" - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Mossad's secret operations.flv - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Ireland: 'Early recognition' of Palestine possible - December 14th, 2014
- BARBER WORLD TV, EDUCATIONAL SERIES, Monday May 13th 6-9PM, FEATURING PALESTINE BARBER & DENNY MOE - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Why Israel Is Justified In Defending Itself Against Palestine - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Kabbalah : Dan why did you flee? Palestine - Video - December 14th, 2014
- Palestine Bazar at Global Village Dubai 13.12.2014 - Video - December 13th, 2014
- Noam Chomsky (2014) "Gaza and the Prospects for Palestine" (FULL SPEECH + Q&A) - Video - December 13th, 2014
- Switzerland calls for special meeting on protection of Palestine - Video - December 13th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: