Take a trip, make a difference
Dubai: Gulf for Good is organising a hiking trip through Palestine in April to help educate disabled Palestinian children.
Gulf for Good is a Dubai based charity that was established in March 2001 and operates under the patronage of Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority.
Brian Wilkie, chairman of the regional charity, hopes to take a large group of participants on the Palestine Trail: In the Footsteps of Ebrahim, so that they can donate a purpose-built extension to an independent, non-political school in Bethlehem.
Gulf for Good organises adventure challenges around the world, inspiring people to do something different.
Article continues below
Wilkie explained how the charity is supported. He said that people sign up to Gulf for Good, paying a small registration fee to cover the working fees of Gulf for Good, then the participants look for sponsorship for their participation in the challenge from friends, family, colleagues, employers and corporates. One third of the sponsorship collected covers the cost of the challenge and two thirds go to the chosen charity in the region where the challenge will take place. he said.
We hold four challenges every year. We have organised 40 challenges over the last 11 years with nearly 900 participants and we have donated well over Dh8 million to projects such as building schools, hospitals and buying ambulances, Wilkie said.
The money from this trip will go to Hope Flowers School in Bethlehem. This school is an independent, non-political, co-ed school providing education to refugee and disadvantaged children, aged five to 13. Many of the children at the school suffer trauma or learning disabilities. As an independent school, Hope Flowers depends on private donors, but demands a token annual tuition fee of $250 (Dh918) per child.
Gulf for Good will be donating the money to build a second floor extension to the existing building with an area of 500 metre square. The extension will include disabled access toilets, physiotherapy and occupational therapy facilities and special education classrooms, plus a large lift for access. The total project will take 10 months to build.
The Palestine trip, which is the second this year, will take place in April. Wilkie said that participants will follow the path that Prophet Ebrahim took through Palestine. He said that during the trip, they will be staying at peoples homes, small hotels and sometimes with Bedouins. The trip is safe and it is one of the easier challenges we have, the participants need to be reasonably fit, but it is not a tough one.
See the original post:
Take a trip, make a difference
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
alex jones full february 22, 2013
willis allison carto
geert wilders indonesian
turkish army 2013
Bilbe Jewish consipracies
google inspiration party tel aviv
exorcism ancient judaism video
- Anonymous Palestine - Video - April 18th, 2014
- RDFs- RDF Schema - Video - April 18th, 2014
- Israel, Palestine hold peace talks - April 17th, 2014
- Curious about Palestine, some Israeli visitors return - April 17th, 2014
- Palestine- Peace negotiators to meet today - April 17th, 2014
- State of Palestine: Gazans mark 65 years since 'catastrophic' birth of Israel - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Curious About Palestine, Israeli Visitors Return - April 17th, 2014
- State of Palestine: Angry protests over settlements spark talk of Third Intifada - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Three killed in Palestine while making bomb - April 16th, 2014
- State of Palestine: Palestinians fume at Israeli and US "imperialism" - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Bank Of Palestine Winner 23 - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Israel in the Quran. Not ONE mention of Palestine in the whole Quran - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Israel, Palestine and two-state settlements | @guardianletters - April 15th, 2014
- RARE 1841 BOOK on THE PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY & ZOOLOGY of PALESTINE & THE HOLY LAND - Video - April 15th, 2014
- | - Video - April 15th, 2014
- State of Palestine: Tensions escalate after settler is stabbed - Video - April 15th, 2014
- Israel - Palestine peace process update - Video - April 15th, 2014
- A gesture of peace and hope - April 15th, 2014
- Big Bass Bash, Kilgore man reels in the big one - April 15th, 2014
- Big Bash Bash, Kilgore man reels in the big one - April 15th, 2014
- 4th annual Palestine Festival 2014 - Video - April 14th, 2014
- Israel / Palestine , (Jesuit controlled) USA media is not telling the whole story and neve - Video - April 14th, 2014
- Israel/Palestine, Ending the Occupation and Moving Forward - Video - April 14th, 2014
- 2nd PALESTINE MARATHON 2014 Right to Movement - MARATHONFILM - Video - April 13th, 2014
- Israel appropriates land in West Bank report - April 13th, 2014
- Israel appropriates land in West Bank - April 13th, 2014
- In Pictures: Palestine Marathon - April 13th, 2014
- Israel imposes new sanctions against Palestinians - April 13th, 2014
- Learn more about Palestine at library talk - April 13th, 2014
- Part II The Road to Palestine (Full Documentary) - Video - April 13th, 2014
- Israel rolls out new sanctions against Palestine - April 12th, 2014
- Palestine Monetary Authority Signs Memorandum of Understanding with Sweden Central Bank - April 12th, 2014
- Tour of Israel's Apartheid System in al Khalil / Hebron - Video - April 12th, 2014
- Reg Baker Interview - Part 5 of 6 - Palestine 1946/48 - Video - April 12th, 2014
- Highlights from Dr. Ziad Asali's speech at UN Int'l Meeting on Palestine in Ecuador / March 2014 - Video - April 12th, 2014
- Reg Baker Interview - Part 4 of 6 - Palestine 1946/48 - Video - April 11th, 2014
- Reg Baker Interview - Part 2 of 6 - Palestine 1946/48 - Video - April 11th, 2014
- Yadin Kaufmann (Sadara Ventures) at Startup Grind Palestine - Video - April 11th, 2014
- Morning Star :: Israel imposes sanctions on Palestine after leaders exercise their rights - April 11th, 2014
- Nader Al-Masri, the missing Palestinian - April 11th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: