Take a trip, make a difference
Dubai: Gulf for Good is organising a hiking trip through Palestine in April to help educate disabled Palestinian children.
Gulf for Good is a Dubai based charity that was established in March 2001 and operates under the patronage of Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority.
Brian Wilkie, chairman of the regional charity, hopes to take a large group of participants on the Palestine Trail: In the Footsteps of Ebrahim, so that they can donate a purpose-built extension to an independent, non-political school in Bethlehem.
Gulf for Good organises adventure challenges around the world, inspiring people to do something different.
Article continues below
Wilkie explained how the charity is supported. He said that people sign up to Gulf for Good, paying a small registration fee to cover the working fees of Gulf for Good, then the participants look for sponsorship for their participation in the challenge from friends, family, colleagues, employers and corporates. One third of the sponsorship collected covers the cost of the challenge and two thirds go to the chosen charity in the region where the challenge will take place. he said.
We hold four challenges every year. We have organised 40 challenges over the last 11 years with nearly 900 participants and we have donated well over Dh8 million to projects such as building schools, hospitals and buying ambulances, Wilkie said.
The money from this trip will go to Hope Flowers School in Bethlehem. This school is an independent, non-political, co-ed school providing education to refugee and disadvantaged children, aged five to 13. Many of the children at the school suffer trauma or learning disabilities. As an independent school, Hope Flowers depends on private donors, but demands a token annual tuition fee of $250 (Dh918) per child.
Gulf for Good will be donating the money to build a second floor extension to the existing building with an area of 500 metre square. The extension will include disabled access toilets, physiotherapy and occupational therapy facilities and special education classrooms, plus a large lift for access. The total project will take 10 months to build.
The Palestine trip, which is the second this year, will take place in April. Wilkie said that participants will follow the path that Prophet Ebrahim took through Palestine. He said that during the trip, they will be staying at peoples homes, small hotels and sometimes with Bedouins. The trip is safe and it is one of the easier challenges we have, the participants need to be reasonably fit, but it is not a tough one.
See the original post:
Take a trip, make a difference
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
zo williams django
islamic view reptilians
cannibal holocaust dubbed hindi
racism pandora's box
jonathan sierra agronomia
sex israel video
fun facts ancient jerusalem
israel drills oil west bank
jewish architecture india
- Pro-Palestine protesters blockade Israeli ship in California - Video - September 30th, 2014
- Palestine Gains Wide Support For Statehood Bid - September 30th, 2014
- Netanyahu UN speech 'blatant manipulation of facts': PLO - September 29th, 2014
- Homes for - 6927 West BRIAR PARK VW, NEW PALESTINE, IN 4616 - Video - September 29th, 2014
- FREE PALESTINE Ambassador LYRICS - Video - September 29th, 2014
- Mandatory Palestine: What It Was and Why It Matters - September 29th, 2014
- Palestine councilman continues campaign to lower pool rates, boost attendance - September 29th, 2014
- USA: Abbas warns UNGA "Israel will impose most abhorrent form of Apartheid" - Video - September 29th, 2014
- Russell Tribunal on Palestine - Ken Loach, Roger Waters - Video - September 28th, 2014
- Palestinian Prisoners & Administrative Detention in Israel excerpt from Roadmap to Apartheid - Video - September 28th, 2014
- Anifah's statement at NAM ministerial meeting - September 28th, 2014
- Malaysia calls for intensified effort to seek justice for Palestine - September 28th, 2014
- Malaysia calls for intensified efforts to seek justice for Palestine - September 28th, 2014
- Steve from New Palestine buys at Berman's Infiniti of Merrillville - Video - September 28th, 2014
- Quotes on Palestine from Speeches Delivered at UN General Assembly - September 27th, 2014
- India committed to Palestinian cause: Sushma Swaraj - September 27th, 2014
- Israeli withdrawal from Palestine urged by Abbas - September 27th, 2014
- HAIL PALESTINE - SEALED WITH DONATION - September 26th, 2014
- West Bank delegation aims to strengthen bond with Pendle - September 26th, 2014
- Our grief, trauma, anger will not make us abandon our humanity, Palestinian leader tells UN - September 26th, 2014
- Boycott Israel Nice Leclerc Bonvoyage: Sodastream et Marque Repere Leclerc ( Jafaden,..) - Video - September 26th, 2014
- Palestine selects "Eyes of a Thief" as foreign Oscar contender - September 26th, 2014
- Gaza and the 'crime of crimes' - September 26th, 2014
- Update: Palestine fire damages homes - September 26th, 2014
- Roger Waters sings for the Bertrand Russell Tribunal on Palestine - Video - September 25th, 2014
- Roger Waters In Russell Tribunal on Palestine - Video - September 25th, 2014
- Roger Waters - Lay Down Jerusalem (@European Parliament) - Video - September 25th, 2014
- ASSOCIATION ONE TWO THREE VIVA L' ALGERIE / GALA AUBERVILLIERS PALESTINE DIMANCHE 21 SEPT 2014 (21) - Video - September 25th, 2014
- ASSOCIATION ONE TWO THREE VIVA L' ALGERIE / GALA AUBERVILLIERS PALESTINE DIMANCHE 21 SEPT 2014 (23) - Video - September 25th, 2014
- Asian Games: Japan crush Palestine football hopes - September 25th, 2014
- Palestine | Define Palestine at Dictionary.com - September 25th, 2014
- SARA 2014 Official Trailer#1 gaza Palestine lama film - Video - September 25th, 2014
- 'UN helpless in Israel-Palestine conflict' - September 25th, 2014
- Muhammed Desai at the ANC Palestine Rally HD - Video - September 25th, 2014
- Naeem Jeenah at the ANC Palestine Rally HD - Video - September 25th, 2014
- Police Chief: Small device with fuse found in Palestine - September 25th, 2014
- Palestine police investigate tobacco store burglary - September 24th, 2014
- Palestine factions begin talks in Cairo - September 24th, 2014
- Palestine: Newcastle Councillor 'Blindfolded and Beaten' by IDF During Labour Peace Trip - September 24th, 2014
- 'Jerusalem I Long to Behold' The Israel-Palestine Conflict - Video - September 24th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: