Take a trip, make a difference
Dubai: Gulf for Good is organising a hiking trip through Palestine in April to help educate disabled Palestinian children.
Gulf for Good is a Dubai based charity that was established in March 2001 and operates under the patronage of Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority.
Brian Wilkie, chairman of the regional charity, hopes to take a large group of participants on the Palestine Trail: In the Footsteps of Ebrahim, so that they can donate a purpose-built extension to an independent, non-political school in Bethlehem.
Gulf for Good organises adventure challenges around the world, inspiring people to do something different.
Article continues below
Wilkie explained how the charity is supported. He said that people sign up to Gulf for Good, paying a small registration fee to cover the working fees of Gulf for Good, then the participants look for sponsorship for their participation in the challenge from friends, family, colleagues, employers and corporates. One third of the sponsorship collected covers the cost of the challenge and two thirds go to the chosen charity in the region where the challenge will take place. he said.
We hold four challenges every year. We have organised 40 challenges over the last 11 years with nearly 900 participants and we have donated well over Dh8 million to projects such as building schools, hospitals and buying ambulances, Wilkie said.
The money from this trip will go to Hope Flowers School in Bethlehem. This school is an independent, non-political, co-ed school providing education to refugee and disadvantaged children, aged five to 13. Many of the children at the school suffer trauma or learning disabilities. As an independent school, Hope Flowers depends on private donors, but demands a token annual tuition fee of $250 (Dh918) per child.
Gulf for Good will be donating the money to build a second floor extension to the existing building with an area of 500 metre square. The extension will include disabled access toilets, physiotherapy and occupational therapy facilities and special education classrooms, plus a large lift for access. The total project will take 10 months to build.
The Palestine trip, which is the second this year, will take place in April. Wilkie said that participants will follow the path that Prophet Ebrahim took through Palestine. He said that during the trip, they will be staying at peoples homes, small hotels and sometimes with Bedouins. The trip is safe and it is one of the easier challenges we have, the participants need to be reasonably fit, but it is not a tough one.
See the original post:
Take a trip, make a difference
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
noam chomsky 1983
tangled racist movie against jews?
towson university antisemitism
fhack v0 kkk download
konigsberg synagogue 1896
rabbi avigdor miller racist
Mark McGowan anti semitism
israeli apartheid 2013 truth
dave hunt 2013 debate
- European Parliament postpones vote on recognising state of Palestine - November 27th, 2014
- Netanyahu lashes out at moves to recognize an independent Palestine (+video) - November 27th, 2014
- Bill Etheridge-Israel/Palestine Far Too Serious For Gesture Politics - Video - November 26th, 2014
- Mr Banss palestine - Video - November 26th, 2014
- Jesus Weeps: An introduction to the Israel-Palestine conflict - Video - November 26th, 2014
- Jacob Zuma Meeting Palestine Leader Mahmoud Abbas In Pretoria. - Video - November 26th, 2014
- Statement by HRVP Mogherini on Recognition of Palestine Statehood at the EP plenary - Video - November 26th, 2014
- Netanyahu lashes out at moves to recognize an independent Palestine - November 26th, 2014
- Palestine - Israel Debate, The Right To Defend | UCD Philosophy Society - Video - November 26th, 2014
- Woolworths AGM Protest In Pictures - November 26th, 2014
- Invest In Palestine - Video - November 26th, 2014
- EU Parliament Postpones Vote on Recognition of Palestine - November 25th, 2014
- Israel, Palestine Fighting 2012: US Embassy Attacked in Tel Aviv, Israe - Video - November 25th, 2014
- Blatter sad after Israeli soldiers enter Palestine FA - November 25th, 2014
- Muslim Preacher At Al-Aqsa Mosque: May Allah Annihilate America And Its Coalition And вАШEnable Us To Cut Off Their Heads,вАЩ We Want A Caliphate That... - November 25th, 2014
- WorldViews: An Israeli argument for the E.U. to recognize Palestine - November 25th, 2014
- Help for Palestine - Video - November 25th, 2014
- European Parliament to vote on recognising Palestinian state - November 25th, 2014
- Plight of Palestine Refugees Must Be Fully Addressed - November 25th, 2014
- UN says Palestinian refugees from Syria face increasingly grave situation region wide - November 24th, 2014
- Ya Quds Palestine Anasheed - Video - November 24th, 2014
- Winner of Islamic Beauty Pageant: May Allah Liberate Palestine - Video - November 24th, 2014
- Kontes Kecantikan Hijab - Jilbab Muslim di Indonesia - "Calls for free Palestine" - Video - November 24th, 2014
- Jordanian MP Rudaina Ati: "The PA Must Not Defend the Interests of the Filthy Jews" - Video - November 24th, 2014
- Palestine: The Rise of Islam - Encyclopedia Britannica - November 23rd, 2014
- Israel.Palestine 60 ans de violence - Video - November 23rd, 2014
- Netanyahu warns of 'grave mistake' if France recognises Palestine - November 23rd, 2014
- Tunisian wins Muslim beauty pageant, calls for free Palestine - Video - November 22nd, 2014
- Jews were never exiled from Palestine - George Galloway with Israeli Jewish professor Shlomo Sand - Video - November 22nd, 2014
- Palestine president raps Israel policies - November 22nd, 2014
- Palestinian Flag Waving - - Flag of Palestine - Video - November 22nd, 2014
- New Palestine and Cathedral advance to the State Championship - November 22nd, 2014
- Palestine | - Video - November 21st, 2014
- Tunisian wins Muslim beauty pageant, calls for free Palestine - November 21st, 2014
- Merkel Against Unilaterally Recognizing Palestine as a State - Video - November 21st, 2014
- Merkel against unilaterally recognizing Palestine as a state - November 21st, 2014
- Merkel against unilaterally recognising Palestine as a state - November 21st, 2014
- Factoid Friday - Palestine Israel - Video - November 21st, 2014
- New Palestine wants to show its football success is here to stay - November 21st, 2014
- Belgium General Consul: Palestinian Local Authorities Play a Significant Role in Development of State of Palestine - November 20th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: