Take a trip, make a difference
Dubai: Gulf for Good is organising a hiking trip through Palestine in April to help educate disabled Palestinian children.
Gulf for Good is a Dubai based charity that was established in March 2001 and operates under the patronage of Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority.
Brian Wilkie, chairman of the regional charity, hopes to take a large group of participants on the Palestine Trail: In the Footsteps of Ebrahim, so that they can donate a purpose-built extension to an independent, non-political school in Bethlehem.
Gulf for Good organises adventure challenges around the world, inspiring people to do something different.
Article continues below
Wilkie explained how the charity is supported. He said that people sign up to Gulf for Good, paying a small registration fee to cover the working fees of Gulf for Good, then the participants look for sponsorship for their participation in the challenge from friends, family, colleagues, employers and corporates. One third of the sponsorship collected covers the cost of the challenge and two thirds go to the chosen charity in the region where the challenge will take place. he said.
We hold four challenges every year. We have organised 40 challenges over the last 11 years with nearly 900 participants and we have donated well over Dh8 million to projects such as building schools, hospitals and buying ambulances, Wilkie said.
The money from this trip will go to Hope Flowers School in Bethlehem. This school is an independent, non-political, co-ed school providing education to refugee and disadvantaged children, aged five to 13. Many of the children at the school suffer trauma or learning disabilities. As an independent school, Hope Flowers depends on private donors, but demands a token annual tuition fee of $250 (Dh918) per child.
Gulf for Good will be donating the money to build a second floor extension to the existing building with an area of 500 metre square. The extension will include disabled access toilets, physiotherapy and occupational therapy facilities and special education classrooms, plus a large lift for access. The total project will take 10 months to build.
The Palestine trip, which is the second this year, will take place in April. Wilkie said that participants will follow the path that Prophet Ebrahim took through Palestine. He said that during the trip, they will be staying at peoples homes, small hotels and sometimes with Bedouins. The trip is safe and it is one of the easier challenges we have, the participants need to be reasonably fit, but it is not a tough one.
See the original post:
Take a trip, make a difference
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
girl fights winnsboro la
watch full movies dead mine
fhack v0 kkk download
bejar jewish museum
anti semitism rivers babylon
video pomegranate supermarket brooklyn
Bilbe Jewish consipracies
- Israel/ Palestine Clash Over Holy Site - Video - October 31st, 2014
- Sweden Recognises Palestine and the Planet Endor - Video - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden Recognizes Palestine, Drawing Sharp Israeli Criticism - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden recognises Palestinian state, Israel recalls envoy - October 30th, 2014
- Israel recalls envoy after Sweden recognises Palestine: ministry - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden recognizes Palestinian state, hopes will revive peace process - October 30th, 2014
- Ouch! Israel Slams IKEA After Sweden OKs Palestine - October 30th, 2014
- In EU first, Sweden to recognise Palestine as independent state - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden Officially Recognizes State Of Palestine, Asks Other Nations To Follow Suit - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden recognizes state of Palestine - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden recognises state of Palestine - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden becomes first major European nation to officially recognise state of Palestine - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden recognises Palestinian state - October 30th, 2014
- Sweden to officially recognize Palestinian state on Thursday - October 30th, 2014
- Palestine urge Israel to end settlement plans - October 30th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict Israel Forces Attacks Gaza 2014 - Video - October 29th, 2014
- Free Palestine - Bella Ciao Modena City Ramblers - Video - October 29th, 2014
- Palestine police seeking armed robber - October 28th, 2014
- Palestine Hard Hip Hop Instrumental - Video - October 28th, 2014
- Palestine police searching for suspect in armed robbery - October 28th, 2014
- Ambassador Free Palestine lyrics By Fay - Video - October 27th, 2014
- How Palestine plans to overcome Israel and the US - October 27th, 2014
- The readers editor on the Guardians coverage of Israel/Palestine issues - October 27th, 2014
- City cancer aid for Bethlehem - October 27th, 2014
- Stand Up For Palestine! - Video - October 27th, 2014
- Palestine Cultural Days opens in Kuwait - October 27th, 2014
- Jordan is Threatening to Break Peace Ties with Israel over Palestine! - Video - October 26th, 2014
- Boycott Israel Action at Tesco Old Swan 10.10.14 - Video - October 26th, 2014
- 1997 Ford F-350 Used Cars East Palestine OH - Video - October 26th, 2014
- SHAYFEEN SAVE GAZA PALESTINE officiel video YouTube - Video - October 26th, 2014
- On the Brink: Israel and Palestine on the eve of the 2014 Gaza invasion - Video - October 26th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict IDF Cowards Gas Themsleves 06 08 2014 RAW VIDEO 2014 - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Israel Palestine Conflict IDF Cowards Gas Themsleves 06 08 2014 RAW VIDEO 2014 2014 - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Henderson Lions vs. Palestine Wildcats - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Humanity for Palestine and PCRF | Winter Coats For Kids In Gaza | #GazaCoats4Kids - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Smash The Wall A Step Forward #Palestine - Video - October 25th, 2014
- If you love palestine please like - Video - October 25th, 2014
- The Battle for Palestine Part Three - October 24th, 2014
- Britains Palestine vote is a non-starter - October 24th, 2014
- London Palestine Action @ the Airbus London HQ - Video - October 24th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: