Take a trip, make a difference
Dubai: Gulf for Good is organising a hiking trip through Palestine in April to help educate disabled Palestinian children.
Gulf for Good is a Dubai based charity that was established in March 2001 and operates under the patronage of Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority.
Brian Wilkie, chairman of the regional charity, hopes to take a large group of participants on the Palestine Trail: In the Footsteps of Ebrahim, so that they can donate a purpose-built extension to an independent, non-political school in Bethlehem.
Gulf for Good organises adventure challenges around the world, inspiring people to do something different.
Article continues below
Wilkie explained how the charity is supported. He said that people sign up to Gulf for Good, paying a small registration fee to cover the working fees of Gulf for Good, then the participants look for sponsorship for their participation in the challenge from friends, family, colleagues, employers and corporates. One third of the sponsorship collected covers the cost of the challenge and two thirds go to the chosen charity in the region where the challenge will take place. he said.
We hold four challenges every year. We have organised 40 challenges over the last 11 years with nearly 900 participants and we have donated well over Dh8 million to projects such as building schools, hospitals and buying ambulances, Wilkie said.
The money from this trip will go to Hope Flowers School in Bethlehem. This school is an independent, non-political, co-ed school providing education to refugee and disadvantaged children, aged five to 13. Many of the children at the school suffer trauma or learning disabilities. As an independent school, Hope Flowers depends on private donors, but demands a token annual tuition fee of $250 (Dh918) per child.
Gulf for Good will be donating the money to build a second floor extension to the existing building with an area of 500 metre square. The extension will include disabled access toilets, physiotherapy and occupational therapy facilities and special education classrooms, plus a large lift for access. The total project will take 10 months to build.
The Palestine trip, which is the second this year, will take place in April. Wilkie said that participants will follow the path that Prophet Ebrahim took through Palestine. He said that during the trip, they will be staying at peoples homes, small hotels and sometimes with Bedouins. The trip is safe and it is one of the easier challenges we have, the participants need to be reasonably fit, but it is not a tough one.
See the original post:
Take a trip, make a difference
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
valentina romashova worked
anti semitic jokes liners
history judaism influenced jewish people's understanding themselves
cantor richmond racism
relationshipblogs 2013 videos
perelman rejected million dollasr
zo williams django
happens judge falls asleep during proceedings
- Against the Washington Establishment Money, Politics, Lebanon, Palestine & the Israeli Lobby 1990 2 - Video - September 1st, 2014
- Through Gaza tunnels to China -- Canton Fair attracts buyers with product quality and variety - September 1st, 2014
- PALESTINE | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED - September 1st, 2014
- Palestine News and Video - FOX News Topics - FOXNews.com - September 1st, 2014
- Palestine Charity Programme in Manchester - Video - August 31st, 2014
- ASSOCIATION ONE TWO THREE VIVA L' ALGERIE / MANIF PANTHEON PALESTINE SAMEDI 30 AOUT 2014 (16) - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Palestine 2014 - The Promise of Living - Video - August 31st, 2014
- International Criminal Court Prosecutor: 'Palestine' Can Join Rome Statute - August 31st, 2014
- Israel proposes taking more West Bank land for Jewish settlers - August 31st, 2014
- Gaza Crisis: ICC Chief Prosecutor Says Palestine Can File War Crime Charges Against Israel - August 31st, 2014
- Palestine can sue Israel, says ICC - August 31st, 2014
- 2014 Gaza Palestine War-uncensored - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Palestinian ambassador addresses Newcastle after invitation by controversial councillor - August 31st, 2014
- Anti-Israel slogan stamped on 5 notes - August 31st, 2014
- Palestine thanks President for donation - August 30th, 2014
- Palestine israel le conflit par les cartes - Video - August 30th, 2014
- Woolworths affected by Israel/Palestine conflict - Video - August 30th, 2014
- Gaza Palestine 2014 - Video - August 30th, 2014
- ISRAEL vs. PALESTINE - Video - August 30th, 2014
- Malaysia welcomes long-term ceasefire between Israel, Palestine - August 30th, 2014
- Malaysia welcomes ceasefire between Palestine-Israel - August 30th, 2014
- Palestine - definition of Palestine by The Free Dictionary - August 30th, 2014
- Historical perspective of the Gaza massacre - August 29th, 2014
- Fatou Bensouda: the truth about the ICC and Gaza - August 29th, 2014
- State of Palestine: Watch armed kids march with Islamic Jihad in Gaza - Video - August 29th, 2014
- Vandals to open season in Palestine - August 29th, 2014
- Palestine protests halt university seminar - August 29th, 2014
- Who are the Palestinians? History of Palestine, Palestinian history. Historical Zionism - Video - August 29th, 2014
- Palestine - The Peace FAQ - August 29th, 2014
- MH370, MH17, Palestine - Tercatat Dikiriku - Video - August 28th, 2014
- Palestinians Jews Protest Zionist State of Israel, United N - Video - August 28th, 2014
- humanity is still ALIVE (love,support palestine) - Video - August 28th, 2014
- free gaza free palestine - Video - August 27th, 2014
- Student groups confront Israel-Palestine conflict - August 27th, 2014
- Palestine- Thousands of worshipers participate in Bethlehem mass - May 26th, 2014
- DePaul president invites pro-Palestine students to make case for divestment - May 26th, 2014
- Pope Francis visits Palestine - Video - May 25th, 2014
- Francis in Bethlehem - May 25th, 2014
- You Came to Create Change - May 25th, 2014
- Pope Makes Surprise Stop to Pray At Bethlehem Separation Wall - May 25th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: