Take a trip, make a difference
Dubai: Gulf for Good is organising a hiking trip through Palestine in April to help educate disabled Palestinian children.
Gulf for Good is a Dubai based charity that was established in March 2001 and operates under the patronage of Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority.
Brian Wilkie, chairman of the regional charity, hopes to take a large group of participants on the Palestine Trail: In the Footsteps of Ebrahim, so that they can donate a purpose-built extension to an independent, non-political school in Bethlehem.
Gulf for Good organises adventure challenges around the world, inspiring people to do something different.
Article continues below
Wilkie explained how the charity is supported. He said that people sign up to Gulf for Good, paying a small registration fee to cover the working fees of Gulf for Good, then the participants look for sponsorship for their participation in the challenge from friends, family, colleagues, employers and corporates. One third of the sponsorship collected covers the cost of the challenge and two thirds go to the chosen charity in the region where the challenge will take place. he said.
We hold four challenges every year. We have organised 40 challenges over the last 11 years with nearly 900 participants and we have donated well over Dh8 million to projects such as building schools, hospitals and buying ambulances, Wilkie said.
The money from this trip will go to Hope Flowers School in Bethlehem. This school is an independent, non-political, co-ed school providing education to refugee and disadvantaged children, aged five to 13. Many of the children at the school suffer trauma or learning disabilities. As an independent school, Hope Flowers depends on private donors, but demands a token annual tuition fee of $250 (Dh918) per child.
Gulf for Good will be donating the money to build a second floor extension to the existing building with an area of 500 metre square. The extension will include disabled access toilets, physiotherapy and occupational therapy facilities and special education classrooms, plus a large lift for access. The total project will take 10 months to build.
The Palestine trip, which is the second this year, will take place in April. Wilkie said that participants will follow the path that Prophet Ebrahim took through Palestine. He said that during the trip, they will be staying at peoples homes, small hotels and sometimes with Bedouins. The trip is safe and it is one of the easier challenges we have, the participants need to be reasonably fit, but it is not a tough one.
See the original post:
Take a trip, make a difference
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
habakkuk anti babylonians
katsucon 2013 jewish
doug stanhope anti semite
Israelâ€™s Fission Field Warfare Pakistan, Iraq Egypt
jesse ventura anti semite
minecraft battleship uss missouri
difference orthodox non orthodox jews
vanity fair seal team six
seth macfarlane jewish descent
obama israel negotiate peace treaty march 20th 2013
- Palestine Solidarity Campaign outside Israeli Embassy ... - December 5th, 2013
- Gilad Atzmon on Ken O'keefe's Middle East - PTV pt.1 - Video - December 5th, 2013
- Homes for Sale - 301 and 305 SE Perry Street Palestine TX 75801 - Gina Carano - Video - December 4th, 2013
- Words vs Israel Demonstration in Nabi Salih, Palestine - Video - December 4th, 2013
- Russia marks Intl day of solidarity with people of Palestine - Video - December 4th, 2013
- Rashid Khalidi talk on Israel and Palestine (U.S. foreing policy in the Middle East) - Video - December 4th, 2013
- CBSP ConfÃ©rence sur la Palestine - Video - December 4th, 2013
- Palestine President Mahmud Abbas to go to United Nations if ... - December 3rd, 2013
- Palestine - Le saviez-vous ? - Video - December 2nd, 2013
- Hani Ramadan Face au Sioniste Pierre Weiss, La Palestine Est Un Etat - Video - December 2nd, 2013
- Hitler parle de la Palestine - Video - December 2nd, 2013
- V 2 Palestine * Ligue des Peuples Arabes * ????? ?? ??? *????? ?????? ??????? - Video - December 1st, 2013
- Saveur Declares State of Palestine â€“ Forward Thinking ... - December 1st, 2013
- Palestine - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - December 1st, 2013
- NEWS FLASH The End Times Update UN Rings In 'The Year of Palestine' By Condemning Israel - Video - November 30th, 2013
- Russia marks Intl. day of solidarity with people of Palestine - Video - November 30th, 2013
- Happy Thanksgiving. UN Rings In 'The Year of Palestine' By Condemning Israel. - Video - November 30th, 2013
- Hespress.com: Soutien pour la palestine de Rabat - Video - November 29th, 2013
- Wiki War Israel, Palestine dig digital trenches - Video - November 29th, 2013
- PALESTINE VAINCRA PAR SA FOIE SANS ARME - Video - November 29th, 2013
- Jewish Heritage Â» Jewish American Heritage Month - November 29th, 2013
- New ambassador stands with Palestine at UN - Video - November 29th, 2013
- Shimon Peres says peace talks with Palestine have resumed - Video - November 28th, 2013
- Noam Chomsky "We Reserve the Right to Bomb the N******" (On Libya, Saudia Arabia, Israel, Palestine) - Video - November 28th, 2013
- Homepage Â» The Palestine Herald, Palestine, Texas - November 27th, 2013
- Lobby for Palestine Free Shaker Aamer 27 Nov 2013 - Video - November 27th, 2013
- Sabreen - Death of the Prophet - ??? ????? (Palestine) - Video - November 27th, 2013
- DieudonnÃ©Â Palestine - Video - November 27th, 2013
- Crawford st structure fire Palestine Texas - Video - November 26th, 2013
- UN marks day for solidarity with Palestine - Video - November 26th, 2013
- Ambassador Ron Prosor at UN General Assembly Debate on "The Question of Palestine" - Video - November 26th, 2013
- [Galaxy S II video contest] Mohamad Mostafa Alqam (Palestine).mov - Video - November 26th, 2013
- Long live Palestine ! - Video - November 26th, 2013
- Palestine and the Syrian revolt | SocialistWorker.org - November 26th, 2013
- Testimony by Dr. Ilan Pappe on Genocide in Palestine by Israel - Video - November 25th, 2013
- The Truth About Palestine - Video - November 25th, 2013
- The Political Legacy of British Mandatory Palestine (1918-1948). Professor Menachem Hofnung - Video - November 25th, 2013
- Syria, Palestine, Occupation cannot persist, Dream cannot be broken, Rights will always Triumph - Video - November 24th, 2013
- Palestine: Several Palestinians injured in Jerusalem | The ... - November 24th, 2013
- Dr Ilan Pappe Testimony on Genocide in Palestine by Israel - Video - November 24th, 2013
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: