Take a trip, make a difference
Dubai: Gulf for Good is organising a hiking trip through Palestine in April to help educate disabled Palestinian children.
Gulf for Good is a Dubai based charity that was established in March 2001 and operates under the patronage of Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority.
Brian Wilkie, chairman of the regional charity, hopes to take a large group of participants on the Palestine Trail: In the Footsteps of Ebrahim, so that they can donate a purpose-built extension to an independent, non-political school in Bethlehem.
Gulf for Good organises adventure challenges around the world, inspiring people to do something different.
Article continues below
Wilkie explained how the charity is supported. He said that people sign up to Gulf for Good, paying a small registration fee to cover the working fees of Gulf for Good, then the participants look for sponsorship for their participation in the challenge from friends, family, colleagues, employers and corporates. One third of the sponsorship collected covers the cost of the challenge and two thirds go to the chosen charity in the region where the challenge will take place. he said.
We hold four challenges every year. We have organised 40 challenges over the last 11 years with nearly 900 participants and we have donated well over Dh8 million to projects such as building schools, hospitals and buying ambulances, Wilkie said.
The money from this trip will go to Hope Flowers School in Bethlehem. This school is an independent, non-political, co-ed school providing education to refugee and disadvantaged children, aged five to 13. Many of the children at the school suffer trauma or learning disabilities. As an independent school, Hope Flowers depends on private donors, but demands a token annual tuition fee of $250 (Dh918) per child.
Gulf for Good will be donating the money to build a second floor extension to the existing building with an area of 500 metre square. The extension will include disabled access toilets, physiotherapy and occupational therapy facilities and special education classrooms, plus a large lift for access. The total project will take 10 months to build.
The Palestine trip, which is the second this year, will take place in April. Wilkie said that participants will follow the path that Prophet Ebrahim took through Palestine. He said that during the trip, they will be staying at peoples homes, small hotels and sometimes with Bedouins. The trip is safe and it is one of the easier challenges we have, the participants need to be reasonably fit, but it is not a tough one.
See the original post:
Take a trip, make a difference
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
malik bendjelloul jew
surpass neuro endograft
free golden eagles war thunder
ittehad teachers palestine
shit talking 101 rogan board
denis avey hoax
dead mine movie full
- If you love palestine please like - Video - October 25th, 2014
- The Battle for Palestine Part Three - October 24th, 2014
- Britains Palestine vote is a non-starter - October 24th, 2014
- Palestine will be recognised - October 24th, 2014
- The Battle for Palestine Part Two - October 24th, 2014
- The Battle for Palestine - October 24th, 2014
- Douar Ouaraben, Palestine war game 1, 2009 - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Lots And Land for sale - Howell Rd, East Palestine, OH 44413 - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- 2000 Ford F-350 Used Cars East Palestine OH - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Seanad motion urging recognition for state of Palestine agreed unanimously - October 23rd, 2014
- Lady Warsi on Palestine, Islam, quitting ... and how to stay true to your beliefs - Video - October 23rd, 2014
- Student organization encourages conversation about Palestine - October 22nd, 2014
- The momentum to recognize a Palestinian State is unstoppable - October 22nd, 2014
- Averil Calls on the Seanad to Recognise the State of Palestine - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- #40 - Dieudonne et la Palestine - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- HK au Festival Free Palestine - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- 1996 Lebanon, Boy Speaks About Israel and Palestine, 1990s Archive Footage - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- Palestine MNT vs NMI MNT: AFC Challenge Cup 2014: GK saves - #1 GK JOHANN NOETZEL - Video - October 21st, 2014
- Palestine could join over 500 intl. bodies - October 21st, 2014
- Palestine is a state, definitely - October 21st, 2014
- Recognizing Palestine: When Yes was the Unacceptable Answer - October 21st, 2014
- The U.S. and Israel want to marginalize the Palestinians - October 20th, 2014
- Drama - Palestine - Video - October 20th, 2014
- ISIS news video - ISIS BURNING PALESTINE FLAG (SYRIA, ALEPPO) - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Jeudis de l'IMA - Interludes Poetiques de Palestine - Video - October 20th, 2014
- State of Palestine: Clay sculptures commemorate victims of latest Gaza conflict - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Gaza and the Prospects for Palestine: Noam Chomsky hosted by Palestine@MIT Oct. 2014 - Video - October 20th, 2014
- palestine ya bladi - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Boo Hoo Palestine - Video - October 20th, 2014
- 8H pour la Palestine, Belfort, 18/10/2014 (5) - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Britain's phantoms of the past in Palestine - October 20th, 2014
- Palestine's Abbas pledges legal measure to prevent al-Aqsa attacks - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Dieudonn pisse sur le mur de l'apartheid - Video - October 19th, 2014
- 8H pour la Palestine, Belfort, 18/10/2014 (1) - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine at the UN - Video - October 19th, 2014
- HARD CORE TRUTH ISRAEL PALESTINE CONFLICT & GLOBAL ISSUES Documentary film 2014 - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Israel/Palestine, Russell Brand/Sean Hannity: Round 2 - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Palestine seeks Malaysias expertise in running civil service Bernama - October 19th, 2014
- Palestine/Israel - Une journaliste dnonce - Video - October 19th, 2014
- Can Palestines liberation come from UN? (P.1) - Video - October 19th, 2014
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: