Take a trip, make a difference
Dubai: Gulf for Good is organising a hiking trip through Palestine in April to help educate disabled Palestinian children.
Gulf for Good is a Dubai based charity that was established in March 2001 and operates under the patronage of Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority.
Brian Wilkie, chairman of the regional charity, hopes to take a large group of participants on the Palestine Trail: In the Footsteps of Ebrahim, so that they can donate a purpose-built extension to an independent, non-political school in Bethlehem.
Gulf for Good organises adventure challenges around the world, inspiring people to do something different.
Article continues below
Wilkie explained how the charity is supported. He said that people sign up to Gulf for Good, paying a small registration fee to cover the working fees of Gulf for Good, then the participants look for sponsorship for their participation in the challenge from friends, family, colleagues, employers and corporates. One third of the sponsorship collected covers the cost of the challenge and two thirds go to the chosen charity in the region where the challenge will take place. he said.
We hold four challenges every year. We have organised 40 challenges over the last 11 years with nearly 900 participants and we have donated well over Dh8 million to projects such as building schools, hospitals and buying ambulances, Wilkie said.
The money from this trip will go to Hope Flowers School in Bethlehem. This school is an independent, non-political, co-ed school providing education to refugee and disadvantaged children, aged five to 13. Many of the children at the school suffer trauma or learning disabilities. As an independent school, Hope Flowers depends on private donors, but demands a token annual tuition fee of $250 (Dh918) per child.
Gulf for Good will be donating the money to build a second floor extension to the existing building with an area of 500 metre square. The extension will include disabled access toilets, physiotherapy and occupational therapy facilities and special education classrooms, plus a large lift for access. The total project will take 10 months to build.
The Palestine trip, which is the second this year, will take place in April. Wilkie said that participants will follow the path that Prophet Ebrahim took through Palestine. He said that during the trip, they will be staying at peoples homes, small hotels and sometimes with Bedouins. The trip is safe and it is one of the easier challenges we have, the participants need to be reasonably fit, but it is not a tough one.
See the original post:
Take a trip, make a difference
- Street closed all week for fair and parade - May 21st, 2013
- Interview: Rogue Venture Partner's Tom Sperry on Mentoring Entrepreneurs in Palestine - May 20th, 2013
- Op-Ed: One of the Best Hopes for Mideast Peace Just Called it Quits - May 20th, 2013
- Occupied Beauty: Warships and Fishers in Gaza's Waters - Video - May 19th, 2013
- Histoire de la Palestine 1880 -1950 complet - Video - May 19th, 2013
- Rights Group: Israeli Man in Police Uniform Sexually Abuses 2 Boys - May 19th, 2013
- 051513 Gilad Atzmon, Oakland, CA 6 of 6 - Video - May 19th, 2013
- Israelis question wisdom of Google decision to put Palestine prematurely on the online map - Video - May 18th, 2013
- Gazastrophe Palestine documentaire - Video - May 18th, 2013
- PALESTINE: ne les oublions pas ! - Video - May 18th, 2013
- 051513 Gilad Atzmon - May 18th, 2013
- ISRAEL Vs PALESTINE American people UNAWARE of Israeli CRIMES due to Biased Mainstream Media - Video - May 18th, 2013
- Palestine vs Austria in skiing - Video - May 17th, 2013
- Sovereign Pedagogies: Two Talks and Spoken Word from Hawai'i to Palestine - Video - May 17th, 2013
- 4862 E US Highway 84 Palestine TX 75801 - James Chambers - Video - May 17th, 2013
- teaser Concert Palestine Will Be Back - Video - May 17th, 2013
- Sweden: Singing for Palestine - Video - May 17th, 2013
- Daily English News - 'US roadblock to Palestine aspirations' - Video - May 17th, 2013
- Palestine loves Dr Bashar Al Assad - Video - May 16th, 2013
- Palestine Museum to preserve and commemorate nationâ€™s past - May 16th, 2013
- Arab Idol palestine tv beirut - Video - May 16th, 2013
- English News Today - 'US roadblock to Palestine aspirations' - Video - May 16th, 2013
- 'US roadblock to Palestine aspirations' - Video - May 16th, 2013
- Palestine before Al-Nakba(May15/1948) - Video - May 16th, 2013
- Wonderful places in Palestine ? - Video - May 16th, 2013
- Palestine Day of Nakba/Protests in Palestine-Sahar Urdu NEWS-????? - Video - May 16th, 2013
- Protests all over the Globe on Nakba Day/Israeli Occupation of Palestine-Sahar Urdu NEWS-????? - Video - May 16th, 2013
- ????? ????-Nakba Day/Zionist occupation of Palestine/An Analysis by Sharafat Mahdi - Video - May 16th, 2013
- Complete News - The Nakba day of Palestine - Video - May 16th, 2013
- English News Today - The Nakba day of Palestine - Video - May 16th, 2013
- 'ICC probe on Israel significant' - Video - May 16th, 2013
- ALERT NEWS.. UN Rep Poses With Map of 'Palestine' â€” But Something's Missing IT'S ISRAEL! - Video - May 16th, 2013
- UN Rep Poses With Map of 'Palestine' â€” But Something's Missing. IT'S ISRAEL! - Video - May 15th, 2013
- 6 heures pour la Palestine (3) - Video - May 15th, 2013
- For Palestinians, Google's Small Change Is A Big Deal - May 15th, 2013
- DA Does Not Receive Money From Israel - May 15th, 2013
- The Nakba day of Palestine - Video - May 15th, 2013
- IsraÃ«l-Palestine _ Apartheid, la fin d'un tabou _TV5MONDE - Video - May 15th, 2013
- The Origins of Palestine: Heretic Productions - Video - May 15th, 2013
- UN Rep Poses With Map of â€˜Palestineâ€™ â€” But Somethingâ€™s Missing - May 14th, 2013
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: