Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Published: Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM
HEBRON, West Bank, Feb. 25 (UPI) — Thousands of people attended the West Bank funeral Monday of Arafat Jaradat, a Palestinian who died in an Israeli prison, and stone-throwing incidents followed.
Jaradat’s body was wrapped in a Palestinian flag for his burial with military honors in the Hebron village of Sair.
Shortly after his funeral, clashes between stone-throwing Palestinians and Israeli security forces were reported in villages in the Hebron area.
Jaradat, 30, died Saturday in his cell in Megiddo Prison. Initial Israeli reports said it appeared he died of heart failure.
Palestinian officials accused Israel of torturing him and warned against the start of a third intifada (uprising).
The Palestine News Network, quoting Palestinian Minister of Prisoner Affairs Issa Qaraqi, said an autopsy proved Jaradat was tortured, showing bruising on his shoulder, chest and elbows, and two fractured ribs.
Senior Fatah official Azzam al-Ahmad said the Palestinian Authority intends to escalate resistance activities in the West Bank and may submit a complaint to the United Nations about Jaradat’s death, the Ma’an News Agency reported.
Qadura Fares, chairman of the Palestinian Prison Society, warned the situation could lead to a third intifada.
“The situation in the prisons, the economic plight and the stalled peace process are pushing people to the brink, but I would like to believe that we are still far from that,” he told Ynetnews.com.
Read the original:
Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
war thunder lions eagles
jason fender knocked
aya quran racist
anti semitism wright
ashley blue hating muslims
relation jews blood rozanov pdf
oscar pistorius jew
antis tite pussy
- Israeli forces disperse West Bank demonstration - November 24th, 2014
- Israel: Doubletalk And Chains Of Gold - November 23rd, 2014
- Tensions rise as Palestinian killed on Gaza border, home torched in West Bank - Video - November 23rd, 2014
- Israeli forces break up West Bank clashes amid roiling tensions - November 22nd, 2014
- WEST BANK BATTLE Rift grows between Hamas, Palestinian Authority - November 22nd, 2014
- Israel to demolish more Palestinian homes in W Bank - Video - November 22nd, 2014
- Palestinian Authority accuses Hamas of plotting against it from Turkish HQ - Israeli forces disperse West Bank ... - November 21st, 2014
- Israel claims Hamas planned to assassinate Lieberman in West Bank - November 21st, 2014
- Four Palestinians arrested over alleged plot to kill Israel's foreign minister - November 21st, 2014
- ISIS new videos - Israel troops arrest 14 Palestinians across West Bank - Video - November 21st, 2014
- 3 accused of plot to kill Israeli minister - November 21st, 2014
- Israel says Hamas planned to assassinate Lieberman in West Bank - Video - November 21st, 2014
- Hamas plan to kill Israel's Lieberman foiled: Shin Bet - November 20th, 2014
- Tensions rising in the West Bank - November 20th, 2014
- Beer, wine flow in West Bank village - November 19th, 2014
- Book Review | Israel: The West Bank And International Law By Allan Gerson - Video - November 19th, 2014
- Israel approves 78 new settler homes in East Jerusalem - November 19th, 2014
- ISIS new videos - Israel destroys Palestinians house in West Bank - Video - November 19th, 2014
- ISIS new videos - Israel attacks Palestinian cities following synagogue assault - Video - November 19th, 2014
- Palestinian protesters clash with Israeli police at security barrier - no comment - Video - November 18th, 2014
- EU to impose more sanctions on Israel - Video - November 17th, 2014
- Israel To Demolish West Bank Homes, Palestinian Bus Driver Found 'Hanged' In Jerusalem - November 17th, 2014
- Israeli Authorities Issue Notices To Palestinians In West Bank Before Demolishing Their Homes - November 17th, 2014
- EU sets itself on collision course with Israel by threatening sanctions over West Bank settlements - November 17th, 2014
- ISRAEL'S HEALTHCARE SYSTEM-MAURICE OCHOL, LIVING A LONG LIFE - Video - November 16th, 2014
- Peaceful Jerusalem Prayers Amid West Bank Clashes - November 14th, 2014
- Israel | Women dies and three wounded by Palestinian stabbing - Video - November 14th, 2014
- West Bank (region, Palestine) -- Encyclopedia Britannica - November 14th, 2014
- BREAKING: "West Bank Mosque Torched By Israeli People" - Video - November 12th, 2014
- West Bank mosque arson blamed on Jewish settlers - November 12th, 2014
- West Bank mosque torched in suspected revenge attack - November 12th, 2014
- Mayor blames Jewish settlers for attack on West Bank ... - November 12th, 2014
- Abbas Blames Israel For West Bank Clashes, Accuses It Of Starting 'Religious War' - November 12th, 2014
- Israeli-Palestinian Tensions High Following Attacks - Video - November 11th, 2014
- Israel beefs up security on Arafat anniversary - Video - November 11th, 2014
- Israel vs Palestine: Israeli stabbed to death in West Bank new car attack POPULERNEWS 10.2014 - Video - November 11th, 2014
- New violence erupts in West Bank; Palestinian man killed - November 11th, 2014
- Palestinian leader accuses Israel of religious war - November 11th, 2014
- Israeli troops kill Palestinian in West Bank clashes - CNN.com - November 11th, 2014
- Israel tightens security in major cities, West Bank after 2 deadly Palestinian attacks - November 11th, 2014
February 25, 2013 Tags: arafat-jaradat, funeral, generated, hebron, Israel, jaradat, megiddo-prison-, network, palestinian, prison-society, security-forces, society-, united, united-nations, west Posted in: West Bank
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: