Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Published: Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM
HEBRON, West Bank, Feb. 25 (UPI) — Thousands of people attended the West Bank funeral Monday of Arafat Jaradat, a Palestinian who died in an Israeli prison, and stone-throwing incidents followed.
Jaradat’s body was wrapped in a Palestinian flag for his burial with military honors in the Hebron village of Sair.
Shortly after his funeral, clashes between stone-throwing Palestinians and Israeli security forces were reported in villages in the Hebron area.
Jaradat, 30, died Saturday in his cell in Megiddo Prison. Initial Israeli reports said it appeared he died of heart failure.
Palestinian officials accused Israel of torturing him and warned against the start of a third intifada (uprising).
The Palestine News Network, quoting Palestinian Minister of Prisoner Affairs Issa Qaraqi, said an autopsy proved Jaradat was tortured, showing bruising on his shoulder, chest and elbows, and two fractured ribs.
Senior Fatah official Azzam al-Ahmad said the Palestinian Authority intends to escalate resistance activities in the West Bank and may submit a complaint to the United Nations about Jaradat’s death, the Ma’an News Agency reported.
Qadura Fares, chairman of the Palestinian Prison Society, warned the situation could lead to a third intifada.
“The situation in the prisons, the economic plight and the stalled peace process are pushing people to the brink, but I would like to believe that we are still far from that,” he told Ynetnews.com.
Read the original:
Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
maradono porno 1087
vanity fair seal team six
jesse ventura anti semite
download nimefanya nini wakisela
minister incharge hate speech
katsucon controversy jewish
3d holocaust museum
- Bedouins fear Israeli resettlement plans - October 1st, 2014
- Jordan and the West Bank and Gaza Business Forecast Report Q4 2014 - September 30th, 2014
- Questions linger over Hamas role in kidnapping that led to Gaza war - September 28th, 2014
- Questions linger over Hamas role in West Bank kidnapping that led to Gaza war - September 27th, 2014
- President (Haman) Obama says too many Israelis ready to Abandon Solution for Peace Sept 24, 2014 - Video - September 26th, 2014
- Abbas renews bid to end Israeli occupation - Video - September 26th, 2014
- Teens KIDNAPPED In West Bank Probably ALIVE Israel Official BREAKING NEWS MUST SEE - Video - September 25th, 2014
- Despite Renewed Attacks, Israel No Closer to Defeating Palestinian Resistance - Video - September 24th, 2014
- Israeli West Bank raid takes out Hamas network, killers of three teens - September 24th, 2014
- Gaza peace talks dealt setback - Video - September 23rd, 2014
- POEA lifts deployment ban to Israel, West Bank - September 23rd, 2014
- Israel says it has settled the score with Hamas - September 23rd, 2014
- Hamas suspects in slaying of Israeli teens killed - September 23rd, 2014
- Israeli forces kill Palestinians suspected of murdering West Bank teens - September 23rd, 2014
- Israel says its troops kill Hamas men accused of slaying teens - September 23rd, 2014
- Deployment of newly-hired OFWs resumes for West Bank, Israel - September 23rd, 2014
- Two suspects in abduction of Israeli teens killed - September 23rd, 2014
- 2 suspects in abduction of Israeli teens killed - September 23rd, 2014
- West Bank kidnapping suspects hit by IDF fire - September 23rd, 2014
- Week of diplomacy: Israel-Hamas talks, Abbas at UN - September 22nd, 2014
- Egypt to host indirect talks on a sustained Gaza deal this week - September 21st, 2014
- Israel military op video IDF bombs West Bank after finding bodies of 3 missing teens - Video - September 21st, 2014
- Egypt to host post-Gaza war talks this week - September 21st, 2014
- Israeli Forces Arrest 11 in West Bank, 2 Minors in Jerusalem - September 21st, 2014
- West Bank Palestinians helpless over Gaza - Video - September 20th, 2014
- Israel detains seven Palestinians from West Bank - September 19th, 2014
- Coffee in Palestine - Israel polluting seized Palestinian land - Video - September 18th, 2014
- Hamas Would Abide By PLO Recognition of Israel, Legislator Says - September 18th, 2014
- Jailed Fatah leader lauds Gaza 'victory', urges confrontation with Israel - September 18th, 2014
- 12,000 Palestinian Bedouins threatened with eviction orders - Video - September 18th, 2014
- Gaza and West Bank on verge of split - September 17th, 2014
- Israeli teens killed | Israel Strike HAMAS Israel hit West Bank HAMAS - Video - September 17th, 2014
- West Bank land grab undermines two-state advocacy - September 17th, 2014
- West Bank Jewish settler population soars - September 16th, 2014
- Israeli settlements expand in West Bank 01:29 - Video - September 16th, 2014
- West Bank settler group boasts rapid growth - September 16th, 2014
- Robust Growth in West Bank Settlements - Video - September 16th, 2014
- Robust Growth in West Bank Settlements - September 16th, 2014
- World Bank: Palestinian economy to shrink in 2014 - September 16th, 2014
- West Bank settler group boasts rapid growth - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois & Missouri News, Sports - September 16th, 2014
February 25, 2013 Tags: arafat-jaradat, funeral, generated, hebron, Israel, jaradat, megiddo-prison-, network, palestinian, prison-society, security-forces, society-, united, united-nations, west Posted in: West Bank
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: