Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Published: Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM
HEBRON, West Bank, Feb. 25 (UPI) — Thousands of people attended the West Bank funeral Monday of Arafat Jaradat, a Palestinian who died in an Israeli prison, and stone-throwing incidents followed.
Jaradat’s body was wrapped in a Palestinian flag for his burial with military honors in the Hebron village of Sair.
Shortly after his funeral, clashes between stone-throwing Palestinians and Israeli security forces were reported in villages in the Hebron area.
Jaradat, 30, died Saturday in his cell in Megiddo Prison. Initial Israeli reports said it appeared he died of heart failure.
Palestinian officials accused Israel of torturing him and warned against the start of a third intifada (uprising).
The Palestine News Network, quoting Palestinian Minister of Prisoner Affairs Issa Qaraqi, said an autopsy proved Jaradat was tortured, showing bruising on his shoulder, chest and elbows, and two fractured ribs.
Senior Fatah official Azzam al-Ahmad said the Palestinian Authority intends to escalate resistance activities in the West Bank and may submit a complaint to the United Nations about Jaradat’s death, the Ma’an News Agency reported.
Qadura Fares, chairman of the Palestinian Prison Society, warned the situation could lead to a third intifada.
“The situation in the prisons, the economic plight and the stalled peace process are pushing people to the brink, but I would like to believe that we are still far from that,” he told Ynetnews.com.
Read the original:
Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
media lens message board
israel palestinr rough draft
antisemitic beach boys
arab sex levi
exposing black agenda
jonathan sierra agronomia
fission field warfare
wandering hebrews shaka zulu
- Egypt to host post-Gaza war talks this week - September 21st, 2014
- Israeli Forces Arrest 11 in West Bank, 2 Minors in Jerusalem - September 21st, 2014
- Israel detains seven Palestinians from West Bank - September 19th, 2014
- Coffee in Palestine - Israel polluting seized Palestinian land - Video - September 18th, 2014
- Hamas Would Abide By PLO Recognition of Israel, Legislator Says - September 18th, 2014
- Jailed Fatah leader lauds Gaza 'victory', urges confrontation with Israel - September 18th, 2014
- 12,000 Palestinian Bedouins threatened with eviction orders - Video - September 18th, 2014
- Gaza and West Bank on verge of split - September 17th, 2014
- Israeli teens killed | Israel Strike HAMAS Israel hit West Bank HAMAS - Video - September 17th, 2014
- West Bank land grab undermines two-state advocacy - September 17th, 2014
- West Bank Jewish settler population soars - September 16th, 2014
- Israeli settlements expand in West Bank 01:29 - Video - September 16th, 2014
- West Bank settler group boasts rapid growth - September 16th, 2014
- Robust Growth in West Bank Settlements - Video - September 16th, 2014
- Robust Growth in West Bank Settlements - September 16th, 2014
- World Bank: Palestinian economy to shrink in 2014 - September 16th, 2014
- West Bank settler group boasts rapid growth - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois & Missouri News, Sports - September 16th, 2014
- AP Exclusive: West Bank settler group boasts robust population growth - September 16th, 2014
- Gaza: Renewed Urgency in West Bank - September 16th, 2014
- Israeli intel soldiers refuse to serve in West Bank, Gaza - September 12th, 2014
- Israels Bennett Bucks U.S. by Seeking More Settlement Building - September 11th, 2014
- Are Israeli settlements in West Bank justified? - Video - September 11th, 2014
- NORAD Tracks Santa 2012: Israel, West Bank, Egypt - Video - September 10th, 2014
- Israeli Troops Kill Palestinian Man in West Bank Raid to Arrest 'Hamas Operative' - September 10th, 2014
- Israeli troops kill Palestinian during West Bank raid - September 10th, 2014
- Palestinian man killed in overnight raid by Israeli forces in West Bank - September 10th, 2014
- Palestinian killed in Israeli raid in West Bank - September 10th, 2014
- Dr. Rania Masri's Speech at "Crisis in Gaza and West Bank: Context and Action" Forum - Video - September 9th, 2014
- Morning News Edition - 04/09/14 - Video - September 9th, 2014
- Palestinian president urges Hamas to yield power - September 7th, 2014
- Israel issues tenders for new settler units in West Bank - Video - September 7th, 2014
- Israels Peres Says West Bank Land Appropriation Damages Talks - September 6th, 2014
- Israel plans 283 more homes in West Bank settlement of Elkana - September 6th, 2014
- Israel tenders for more West Bank settlements. - Video - September 5th, 2014
- As The Gaza Strip Calms Down, The West Bank Heats Up - September 5th, 2014
- Israel settlements - planning of new homes in the West Bank - Video - September 5th, 2014
- Israel issues tenders for units in West Bank settlement - September 5th, 2014
- Israel to build 283 homes on West Bank - September 5th, 2014
- Israel to Take Over Land in West Bank in Its Biggest Seizure in 30 Years - Video - September 5th, 2014
- Israel's seizure of West Bank land sparks controversy - September 4th, 2014
February 25, 2013 Tags: arafat-jaradat, funeral, generated, hebron, Israel, jaradat, megiddo-prison-, network, palestinian, prison-society, security-forces, society-, united, united-nations, west Posted in: West Bank
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: