Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Published: Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM
HEBRON, West Bank, Feb. 25 (UPI) — Thousands of people attended the West Bank funeral Monday of Arafat Jaradat, a Palestinian who died in an Israeli prison, and stone-throwing incidents followed.
Jaradat’s body was wrapped in a Palestinian flag for his burial with military honors in the Hebron village of Sair.
Shortly after his funeral, clashes between stone-throwing Palestinians and Israeli security forces were reported in villages in the Hebron area.
Jaradat, 30, died Saturday in his cell in Megiddo Prison. Initial Israeli reports said it appeared he died of heart failure.
Palestinian officials accused Israel of torturing him and warned against the start of a third intifada (uprising).
The Palestine News Network, quoting Palestinian Minister of Prisoner Affairs Issa Qaraqi, said an autopsy proved Jaradat was tortured, showing bruising on his shoulder, chest and elbows, and two fractured ribs.
Senior Fatah official Azzam al-Ahmad said the Palestinian Authority intends to escalate resistance activities in the West Bank and may submit a complaint to the United Nations about Jaradat’s death, the Ma’an News Agency reported.
Qadura Fares, chairman of the Palestinian Prison Society, warned the situation could lead to a third intifada.
“The situation in the prisons, the economic plight and the stalled peace process are pushing people to the brink, but I would like to believe that we are still far from that,” he told Ynetnews.com.
Read the original:
Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
daniel blumen bar
gimme hope joanna apartheid
Tinyurl com catch fire movie
girl fights winnsboro la
relationshipblogs 2013 videos
war thunder golden eagle free
tommy lee sparta samplers
kkk rant video
- Israeli West Bank Withdrawal Ridiculous Netanyahu Ally Says - October 21st, 2014
- Official: PA Forces Regularly Conduct politically Motivated Arrests - October 20th, 2014
- Lacking a plan, Abbas opts for rhetoric - October 20th, 2014
- arabs from Jerusalem attacking with rocks and firecrackers Israeli policemen - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Flanagan 'regrets' Israel's West Bank expansion - October 20th, 2014
- Mahmoud Abbas Urges Palestinians To Defend Al-Aqsa, Suggests Banning 'Settlers' From Entering - October 18th, 2014
- Clashes in West Bank and Jerusalem over al Aqsa mosque access - October 17th, 2014
- Teenage boy shot dead by Israeli troops in West Bank - October 17th, 2014
- Palestinian boy killed in West Bank gunfire - October 16th, 2014
- Palestinian boy killed by Israeli forces in West Bank - October 16th, 2014
- Palestinian boy killed by Israeli forces in West Bank: medics - October 16th, 2014
- Palestinians still 2 votes short for UN resolution - October 16th, 2014
- Children of Gaza and the West Bank - Aimee Shalan (3) - Video - October 15th, 2014
- West Bank Mosque Torched in Suspected Arson - October 14th, 2014
- Palestinian mosque in West Bank torched in suspected arson - October 14th, 2014
- U.N. chief visits Jerusalem, West Bank - October 14th, 2014
- West Bank Mosque Torched in Racist Attack - October 14th, 2014
- Alan Duncan Slams Israel's West Bank 'Apartheid' In Fierce Attack - October 14th, 2014
- UN's Ban in West Bank slams new Israel settlements - Video - October 13th, 2014
- Children of Gaza and the West Bank - Aimee Shalan (2) - Video - October 13th, 2014
- Palestinian PM: Donors must keep Gaza pledges - October 13th, 2014
- UN chief to visit West Bank, Gaza - October 13th, 2014
- Israel Arrests 11 Palestinians from West Bank and Jerusalem - October 12th, 2014
- Arab Bank asks for re-trial in US terror case - October 10th, 2014
- EU Will no Longer Accept Israel Products From West Bank - Video - October 9th, 2014
- Palestinian woman talks about sexual abuse by Israeli Soldiers! - Video - October 9th, 2014
- Palestinian unity government meets in Gaza - Video - October 9th, 2014
- Reconciliation govt. to convene in Gaza for 1st time - Video - October 9th, 2014
- Israel Agreed to Connect a Water Pipeline to PA City in West Bank - Video - October 8th, 2014
- Israel names kidnap suspects - Video - October 7th, 2014
- Bulgaria wants Israel to reverse new settlement expansion project - Video - October 7th, 2014
- The Sun Will Rise - How was the West Bank affected during Israel war on Gaza? (P.2) - Video - October 7th, 2014
- The Sun Will Rise - How was the West Bank affected during Israel war on Gaza? (P.1) - Video - October 7th, 2014
- Hamas: Give Us the West Bank and We Will Destroy Israel! HELLO!!! - Video - October 6th, 2014
- How was the West Bank affected during Israel war on Gaza? - Video - October 6th, 2014
- Olivier Pironet - October 6th, 2014
- Gaza Rice For Peace Campaign to PM Stephen Harper -Network of Spiritual Progressives Quebec Chapter - Video - October 5th, 2014
- Hamas Chief Says Palestinians Could Annihilate Israel Quicker From The West Bank - October 5th, 2014
- , - Video - October 5th, 2014
- Israel To Move Bedouins To Landfill - Video - October 5th, 2014
February 25, 2013 Tags: arafat-jaradat, funeral, generated, hebron, Israel, jaradat, megiddo-prison-, network, palestinian, prison-society, security-forces, society-, united, united-nations, west Posted in: West Bank
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: