Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Published: Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM
HEBRON, West Bank, Feb. 25 (UPI) — Thousands of people attended the West Bank funeral Monday of Arafat Jaradat, a Palestinian who died in an Israeli prison, and stone-throwing incidents followed.
Jaradat’s body was wrapped in a Palestinian flag for his burial with military honors in the Hebron village of Sair.
Shortly after his funeral, clashes between stone-throwing Palestinians and Israeli security forces were reported in villages in the Hebron area.
Jaradat, 30, died Saturday in his cell in Megiddo Prison. Initial Israeli reports said it appeared he died of heart failure.
Palestinian officials accused Israel of torturing him and warned against the start of a third intifada (uprising).
The Palestine News Network, quoting Palestinian Minister of Prisoner Affairs Issa Qaraqi, said an autopsy proved Jaradat was tortured, showing bruising on his shoulder, chest and elbows, and two fractured ribs.
Senior Fatah official Azzam al-Ahmad said the Palestinian Authority intends to escalate resistance activities in the West Bank and may submit a complaint to the United Nations about Jaradat’s death, the Ma’an News Agency reported.
Qadura Fares, chairman of the Palestinian Prison Society, warned the situation could lead to a third intifada.
“The situation in the prisons, the economic plight and the stalled peace process are pushing people to the brink, but I would like to believe that we are still far from that,” he told Ynetnews.com.
Read the original:
Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
cannibal holocaust dubbed hindi
diary girl anne frank online
tangled racist movie against jews?
b'nai brith umno
bn religious hate speech
alphin amman 20 feb 2013
din merican dj blogger
lauren booth brainwashed children
seth macfarlane jewish ancestry
bejar jewish museum
- Israeli soldiers kill Palestinian in West Bank - December 16th, 2014
- Israeli Forces Kill Palestinian in West Bank - December 16th, 2014
- West Bank settlements surge under Netanyahu - December 15th, 2014
- Benjamin Netanyahu's years as Israel's prime minister see surge in West Bank settlements - December 15th, 2014
- West Bank (region, Palestine) | Encyclopedia Britannica - December 15th, 2014
- Jewish settlers surge in West Bank during PM Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's tenure - December 15th, 2014
- Israeli settlement construction in West Bank surges under Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu - December 15th, 2014
- Netanyahu years see surge in West Bank settlements - December 15th, 2014
- Palestinians to seek U.N. resolution Wednesday on occupation - December 15th, 2014
- Four Girls Doused With Acid in West Bank - December 12th, 2014
- Kerry, Russia's Lavrov Discuss Middle East, Including Israel - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Israel Acid Attack: Palestinian Terror Suspect Targets Jewish Family In West Bank - December 12th, 2014
- How to protest Israels settlements? - George Galloway - Comment - Press TV - 11th December 2014 - Video - December 12th, 2014
- "Israel" claims West Bank land for possible settlement use draws U.S. rebuke New - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Global News Round Up (DEC112014) - Video - December 12th, 2014
- West Bank tensions soar after death of Palestinian official Ziad Abu Ein - December 11th, 2014
- Google Earth Tour - Video - December 11th, 2014
- In tense West Bank city, she secretly meets Israelis to talk peace - December 11th, 2014
- US State Dept Warns Israel Pressure will continue after Obama is Gone - Video - December 11th, 2014
- Dispute over what killed Palestinian official - December 11th, 2014
- WorldViews: In the West Bank, even non-violent protests can end in death - December 11th, 2014
- Palestinian Cabinet member dead after Israel clash - December 10th, 2014
- Palestinian Minister Killed: Ziad Abu Ein dies following a confrontation with an Israeli soldier - Video - December 10th, 2014
- IDF prepares for West Bank clashes following minister's death - December 10th, 2014
- Palestinian official dies after Israel troop clash - December 10th, 2014
- Palestinian Minister Dies In West Bank Protest Against Israel - December 10th, 2014
- Palestinian minister dies after clashes with Israeli forces in the West Bank - December 10th, 2014
- Palestinian minister dies after clash with Israeli troops in West Bank protest - December 10th, 2014
- Israel to demolish more Palestinian homes in West Bank - Video - December 10th, 2014
- Palestinian minister dies after altercation with Israeli forces in West Bank - December 10th, 2014
- Israel Arrests 15 Palestinians in West Bank, Jerusalem - December 7th, 2014
- Newspaper Review: Peaceful Weekly West Bank Marches Suppressed by Israel, Upcoming Israeli Elections Focus of Dailies - December 6th, 2014
- Madrid 1991: Negotiations Over West Bank & Gaza - Video - December 4th, 2014
- Video campaign encourages Arabs to butcher Jews in Israel - Video - December 3rd, 2014
- Two Israelis wounded in West Bank stabbing attack - December 3rd, 2014
- Palestinian stabs 2 Israelis in West Bank supermarket - December 3rd, 2014
- Shoppers Stabbed by 'Terrorist' in West Bank: Cops - December 3rd, 2014
- Of Frum Hippies, West Bank Settlements and Leo Tolstoy - December 3rd, 2014
- Words matter: How vocabulary defines the Israeli-Palestinian conflict - December 2nd, 2014
- Palestinian woman attacks Israeli on West Bank, according to military (+video) - December 2nd, 2014
February 25, 2013 Tags: arafat-jaradat, funeral, generated, hebron, Israel, jaradat, megiddo-prison-, network, palestinian, prison-society, security-forces, society-, united, united-nations, west Posted in: West Bank
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: