Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Published: Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM
HEBRON, West Bank, Feb. 25 (UPI) — Thousands of people attended the West Bank funeral Monday of Arafat Jaradat, a Palestinian who died in an Israeli prison, and stone-throwing incidents followed.
Jaradat’s body was wrapped in a Palestinian flag for his burial with military honors in the Hebron village of Sair.
Shortly after his funeral, clashes between stone-throwing Palestinians and Israeli security forces were reported in villages in the Hebron area.
Jaradat, 30, died Saturday in his cell in Megiddo Prison. Initial Israeli reports said it appeared he died of heart failure.
Palestinian officials accused Israel of torturing him and warned against the start of a third intifada (uprising).
The Palestine News Network, quoting Palestinian Minister of Prisoner Affairs Issa Qaraqi, said an autopsy proved Jaradat was tortured, showing bruising on his shoulder, chest and elbows, and two fractured ribs.
Senior Fatah official Azzam al-Ahmad said the Palestinian Authority intends to escalate resistance activities in the West Bank and may submit a complaint to the United Nations about Jaradat’s death, the Ma’an News Agency reported.
Qadura Fares, chairman of the Palestinian Prison Society, warned the situation could lead to a third intifada.
“The situation in the prisons, the economic plight and the stalled peace process are pushing people to the brink, but I would like to believe that we are still far from that,” he told Ynetnews.com.
Read the original:
Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
seth macfarlane exposing jews
fulfilling rights? brother wajdi akkari discusses importance looking spouse
sean paul dissed
obama jerusalem international zone
kkk hooking crips
belgian girls private video
kenya libya highlights
free watch dead mine
sara hypnotizes friend
- Israeli arrest of Arab citizen over Lebanon visit angers rights groups - April 17th, 2014
- Palestinian Water Shortages Intensify Due To Drought, Aging Infrastructure, Inaction - April 17th, 2014
- Israel Mourns Slain Police Officer: Baruch Mizrahi was shot in West Bank on Passover eve - Video - April 16th, 2014
- UN urges Israel to prevent takeover of West Bank building - April 16th, 2014
- Border temporarily closed between Israel and West Bank for Passover - Populer News Videos - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Border temporarily closed between Israel and West Bank for Passover - Video - April 16th, 2014
- Peace talks warning as settlers return to Hebron - April 15th, 2014
- Israeli man killed in West Bank shooting - April 14th, 2014
- The dilemma of stable West Bank - April 14th, 2014
- UNDER SIEGE: Israel imposes a 3 day blockade on a village in the West Bank - Video - April 14th, 2014
- UNDR SIEGE: Israel imposes a 3 day blockade on a village in the West Bank - Video - April 14th, 2014
- Israel imposes a 3 day blockade on a village in the West Bank - Video - April 14th, 2014
- Passover Holiday Security: Israel closes West Bank border temporarily for Jewish holiday - Video - April 14th, 2014
- Passover Security: Israel closes West Bank crossing temporarily ahead of Jewish holiday - Video - April 14th, 2014
- West Bank travel guide - Wikitravel - April 14th, 2014
- Israel confiscates more land in occupied West Bank - Video - April 14th, 2014
- Israel Backs Jewish Settlers In West Bank - Video - April 13th, 2014
- Israel appropriates land in West Bank - April 13th, 2014
- Israel appropriates land in West Bank - newspaper - April 13th, 2014
- Israel releases Palestinian prisoners - April 13th, 2014
- Israel should annex 60% of West Bank Minister - Video - April 11th, 2014
- Israel arrests settlers after attacks on security forces - April 10th, 2014
- Former Palestinian Prisoner Teaches Hebrew - Video - April 9th, 2014
- Fears of Israeli tax cuts loom over West Bank - Video - April 9th, 2014
- West Bank - Wikitravel - Wikitravel - The Free Travel Guide - April 9th, 2014
- Israel Bans Gaza Olympian from Running West Bank Marathon - April 8th, 2014
- West Bank consumes cigarettes worth $580m - April 8th, 2014
- Eight injured as Israeli forces clear illegal settlement - April 8th, 2014
- Palestinian leader sees 'paradigm shift' in peace negotiations - April 7th, 2014
- Palestinians ready to widen global recognition bid - April 7th, 2014
- Alison Weir: Findings from the new book "Against Our Better Judgement" - Video - April 7th, 2014
- Israel Negotiator Livni Says Talks With Palestinians in Crisis - April 5th, 2014
- Israel: Palestinians and IDF in West Bank Clashes as Middle East Peace Talks Crumble - April 4th, 2014
- Palestinians say they don't want Kerry to fail - April 4th, 2014
- Negotiator: Palestinians don't want clash with US - April 4th, 2014
- Clashes continue on the West Bank, Palestinian chief negotiator comments, aftermath of airstrike - Video - April 4th, 2014
- Stay Or Go: How Israeli-Palestinian Peace Would Redefine Home - April 3rd, 2014
- Palestinian U.N. moves designed to avoid U.S. retaliation - April 3rd, 2014
- West Bank petrol stations smuggling fuel from Israel - April 2nd, 2014
- Middle East peace talks face new challenge after Abbas's defiant move - April 2nd, 2014
February 25, 2013 Tags: arafat-jaradat, funeral, generated, hebron, Israel, jaradat, megiddo-prison-, network, palestinian, prison-society, security-forces, society-, united, united-nations, west Posted in: West Bank
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: