Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Published: Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM
HEBRON, West Bank, Feb. 25 (UPI) — Thousands of people attended the West Bank funeral Monday of Arafat Jaradat, a Palestinian who died in an Israeli prison, and stone-throwing incidents followed.
Jaradat’s body was wrapped in a Palestinian flag for his burial with military honors in the Hebron village of Sair.
Shortly after his funeral, clashes between stone-throwing Palestinians and Israeli security forces were reported in villages in the Hebron area.
Jaradat, 30, died Saturday in his cell in Megiddo Prison. Initial Israeli reports said it appeared he died of heart failure.
Palestinian officials accused Israel of torturing him and warned against the start of a third intifada (uprising).
The Palestine News Network, quoting Palestinian Minister of Prisoner Affairs Issa Qaraqi, said an autopsy proved Jaradat was tortured, showing bruising on his shoulder, chest and elbows, and two fractured ribs.
Senior Fatah official Azzam al-Ahmad said the Palestinian Authority intends to escalate resistance activities in the West Bank and may submit a complaint to the United Nations about Jaradat’s death, the Ma’an News Agency reported.
Qadura Fares, chairman of the Palestinian Prison Society, warned the situation could lead to a third intifada.
“The situation in the prisons, the economic plight and the stalled peace process are pushing people to the brink, but I would like to believe that we are still far from that,” he told Ynetnews.com.
Read the original:
Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
obama jerusalem international zone
mark wahlberg racist anti semitic
gordon parks kkk
denis avey hoax
herb kelleher jew
dead mine full movie hd
red ice radio anti semeti
saturday hagel nomination video
- West Bank land disputes - March 5th, 2014
- Israel tightens grip on heart of West Bank - March 5th, 2014
- Israeli occupation tightens in West Bank - March 5th, 2014
- Israel tightens control in key areas of West Bank - NBC40.net - March 5th, 2014
- Israel tightens grip on heart of West Bank - NBC40.net - March 5th, 2014
- Israel tightens control in key areas of West Bank - March 5th, 2014
- UN report: 300,000 Palestinians live in Area C of West Bank - March 5th, 2014
- Israel Doubles West Bank Settlements - March 4th, 2014
- Israeli Settlements In The West Bank Doubled In 2013 - Video - March 3rd, 2014
- West Bank housing starts rise by more than 120 percent for 2013 - March 3rd, 2014
- West Bank settlement starts double in 2013: Israel - March 3rd, 2014
- Settlement construction at highest level in a decade - March 3rd, 2014
- Obama Officials to Israel: Stop Being So Concerned About Security - The Latest News TV3 - Video - March 2nd, 2014
- Obama Officials to Israel: Stop Being So Concerned About Security - New Latest News - Video - March 2nd, 2014
- Amnesty Intl.: Israel trigger happyAmnesty Says Some Israeli West Bank Killings May Be War CrimesAmn - Video - March 2nd, 2014
- Newspaper Review: Violent Clashes in Jerusalem and West Bank Areas as Focus of Dailies - March 1st, 2014
- Obama Officials to Israel: Stop Being So Concerned About Security New Current News - Video - March 1st, 2014
- ISRAEL WARNED by UN: Breaking INTERNATIONAL LAW by destroying Palestinian Homes accused of - Video - March 1st, 2014
- Amnesty Intl.: Israel trigger happyAmnesty Says Some Israeli West Bank Killings May Be War - Video - February 28th, 2014
- Israel army in West Bank clash after Palestinian funeral - February 28th, 2014
- Human rights group says soldiers have killed dozens of Palestinians with virtual impunity in West Bank - February 28th, 2014
- Private Sector Coordination Council (PSCC) - West Bank/Gaza - Video - February 27th, 2014
- Palestinian killed in Israel West Bank raid - Video - February 27th, 2014
- Palestinian killed in Israel West Bank raid - February 27th, 2014
- Amnesty: Israel using reckless force - February 27th, 2014
- West Bank - New World Encyclopedia - Info:Main Page - New ... - February 27th, 2014
- Report: Israeli army using excessive force - February 27th, 2014
- Amnesty: Some Israeli West Bank killings may be war crimes - February 27th, 2014
- Amnesty International Warns Israel on West Bank 'War Crimes' - February 27th, 2014
- Killings of Palestinian women by relatives increases - February 26th, 2014
- Rise in killings of Palestinian women by relatives - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois & Missouri News, Sports - February 26th, 2014
- Should John Kerry just leave the mid-east alone?Should John Kerry just leave the mid-east alone?Shou - Video - February 26th, 2014
- #rethink2014 - Video - February 25th, 2014
- Palestinian Man Reaches 125th Birthday; Despite Poverty, Displacement And Violence, Arabs In Gaza, West Bank Have Long ... - February 25th, 2014
- West Bank Green Energy Project Creating Tension between Israel and Germany 2014 - Video - February 24th, 2014
- U.N. Report Cites Apartheid in Palestinian Territories - February 24th, 2014
- The politics of water: Palestinians bracing for another dry summer - February 23rd, 2014
- Israel's Generals - Ariel Sharon - Video - February 22nd, 2014
- Israel's Generals - Ariel Sharon - Documentary - Video - February 22nd, 2014
- Israel's Generals - Yitzhak Rabin - Documentary - Video - February 22nd, 2014
February 25, 2013 Tags: arafat-jaradat, funeral, generated, hebron, Israel, jaradat, megiddo-prison-, network, palestinian, prison-society, security-forces, society-, united, united-nations, west Posted in: West Bank
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: