Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Published: Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM
HEBRON, West Bank, Feb. 25 (UPI) — Thousands of people attended the West Bank funeral Monday of Arafat Jaradat, a Palestinian who died in an Israeli prison, and stone-throwing incidents followed.
Jaradat’s body was wrapped in a Palestinian flag for his burial with military honors in the Hebron village of Sair.
Shortly after his funeral, clashes between stone-throwing Palestinians and Israeli security forces were reported in villages in the Hebron area.
Jaradat, 30, died Saturday in his cell in Megiddo Prison. Initial Israeli reports said it appeared he died of heart failure.
Palestinian officials accused Israel of torturing him and warned against the start of a third intifada (uprising).
The Palestine News Network, quoting Palestinian Minister of Prisoner Affairs Issa Qaraqi, said an autopsy proved Jaradat was tortured, showing bruising on his shoulder, chest and elbows, and two fractured ribs.
Senior Fatah official Azzam al-Ahmad said the Palestinian Authority intends to escalate resistance activities in the West Bank and may submit a complaint to the United Nations about Jaradat’s death, the Ma’an News Agency reported.
Qadura Fares, chairman of the Palestinian Prison Society, warned the situation could lead to a third intifada.
“The situation in the prisons, the economic plight and the stalled peace process are pushing people to the brink, but I would like to believe that we are still far from that,” he told Ynetnews.com.
Read the original:
Thousands attend West Bank funeral
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
relation jews blood rozanov pdf
syrian crisis 2013
fulfilling rights? brother wajdi akkari discusses importance looking spouse
anti Sematism rise
herb kelleher jew
kill horned holocaust 2004
dead mine full
fhack v0 kkk download
shit talking 101 rogan board
- SodaStream to close West Bank factory targeted by boycott campaign - October 29th, 2014
- SodaStream to move West Bank factory to Israel - October 29th, 2014
- SodaStream to move its West Bank factory, criticized by activists, to southern Israel in 2015 - October 29th, 2014
- After Boycott Pressure, SodaStream Will Move West Bank Factory in 2015 - October 29th, 2014
- Gaza Civil Servants Receive Pay In Boost To Palestinian Unity - Video - October 29th, 2014
- Israel Bars Palestinians From Riding 'Jewish' Buses in West Bank - October 27th, 2014
- Racial Segregation: Palestinians Barred from Israeli West Bank Buses - October 26th, 2014
- Infants Killing in Jerusalem Reignites Talk of a New Intifada - October 26th, 2014
- Israeli Forces Kill U.S. Youth in West Bank Clashes - October 25th, 2014
- Israeli Forces Kill U.S. Minor in West Bank Clashes - October 25th, 2014
- Protest Complicity Hewlett Packard Israel Crimes 24 Oct 2014 - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Israel troops kill US-Palestinian teen in West Bank - October 25th, 2014
- Washington: West Bank youth killed by Israel was US citizen - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Louisiana Teen Shot Dead in West Bank Clash With Israelis - October 24th, 2014
- Jerusalem, West Bank tensions stoke fears of new intifada - October 24th, 2014
- Jerusalem, West Bank tensions stoke fears of new intifada ... - October 24th, 2014
- Israel Arrests Minor, 11 others in West Bank, Jerusalem - October 23rd, 2014
- The West Bank and Gaza: Give economics a chance - October 23rd, 2014
- In West Bank, Palestinians gird for settler attacks on olive trees - October 22nd, 2014
- NewsTeam: the West Bank protests (E38) - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- Israeli West Bank Withdrawal Ridiculous Netanyahu Ally Says - October 21st, 2014
- Official: PA Forces Regularly Conduct politically Motivated Arrests - October 20th, 2014
- Lacking a plan, Abbas opts for rhetoric - October 20th, 2014
- Iran: Khamenei "West Bank" Should Hound Israel Like Gaza - Video - October 20th, 2014
- arabs from Jerusalem attacking with rocks and firecrackers Israeli policemen - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Flanagan 'regrets' Israel's West Bank expansion - October 20th, 2014
- Mahmoud Abbas Urges Palestinians To Defend Al-Aqsa, Suggests Banning 'Settlers' From Entering - October 18th, 2014
- Clashes in West Bank and Jerusalem over al Aqsa mosque access - October 17th, 2014
- Teenage boy shot dead by Israeli troops in West Bank - October 17th, 2014
- Palestinian boy killed in West Bank gunfire - October 16th, 2014
- Palestinian boy killed by Israeli forces in West Bank - October 16th, 2014
- Palestinian boy killed by Israeli forces in West Bank: medics - October 16th, 2014
- Palestinians still 2 votes short for UN resolution - October 16th, 2014
- Children of Gaza and the West Bank - Aimee Shalan (3) - Video - October 15th, 2014
- West Bank Mosque Torched in Suspected Arson - October 14th, 2014
- Palestinian mosque in West Bank torched in suspected arson - October 14th, 2014
- U.N. chief visits Jerusalem, West Bank - October 14th, 2014
- West Bank Mosque Torched in Racist Attack - October 14th, 2014
- Alan Duncan Slams Israel's West Bank 'Apartheid' In Fierce Attack - October 14th, 2014
- UN's Ban in West Bank slams new Israel settlements - Video - October 13th, 2014
February 25, 2013 Tags: arafat-jaradat, funeral, generated, hebron, Israel, jaradat, megiddo-prison-, network, palestinian, prison-society, security-forces, society-, united, united-nations, west Posted in: West Bank
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: