West Bank simmers with rage
West Banksimmers with rage
(AFP) / 27 February 2013
GAZA CITY Gaza militants from Fatahs Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades fired a rocket at Israel on Tuesday as a preliminary response after one of its members died in an Israeli jail.
It was the first time a Gaza rocket had struck southern Israel in more than three months, and stoked fears that the mass protests in the West Bank over the fate of prisoners in Israeli jails could spread to the Hamas-run territory.
Following weeks of anger in support of four prisoners on long-term hunger strike, the issue came to head on Saturday with news that 30-year-old Arafat Jaradat, who had been interrogated for throwing stones, had died in custody.
Jaradat was arrested on February 18 and questioned by Israels Shin Bet internal security services on suspicion of involvement in a stone-throwing terror attack in November. Five days later, he died in Megiddo prison.
His death sparked angry demonstrations across the West Bank, with Palestinian prisoner affairs minister Issa Qaraqaa saying preliminary results from his autopsy showed he had died as a result of torture.
At his funeral near the southern city of Hebron on Monday, militants from Al Aqsa Brigades, an armed offshoot of Palestinian president Mahmud Abbass Fatah party, vowed revenge. The group claimed Tuesdays rocket as a first response.
In a preliminary response to the killing of our hero the prisoner Arafat Jaradat, we claim responsibility for firing a Grad rocket on Ashkelon at 6:00 am (0400 GMT), the Gaza branch said in a statement. The rocket struck a road just south of the Israeli port city, causing damage but no injuries, police said.
Israeli public radio citing military officials said it was a Grad M75.
Read the original:
West Bank simmers with rage
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
adl oscar contriversy
seth macfarlane controvercial anti semetic remark
cohen jewish experience torrent
criss angel game 2: israel cat, smurfs, escape?
maradono porno 1087
famous speeches amalikites genocide
shabbat songs moroccan
- West Bank land disputes - March 5th, 2014
- Israel tightens grip on heart of West Bank - March 5th, 2014
- Israeli occupation tightens in West Bank - March 5th, 2014
- Israel tightens control in key areas of West Bank - NBC40.net - March 5th, 2014
- Israel tightens grip on heart of West Bank - NBC40.net - March 5th, 2014
- Israel tightens control in key areas of West Bank - March 5th, 2014
- UN report: 300,000 Palestinians live in Area C of West Bank - March 5th, 2014
- Israel Doubles West Bank Settlements - March 4th, 2014
- Israeli Settlements In The West Bank Doubled In 2013 - Video - March 3rd, 2014
- West Bank housing starts rise by more than 120 percent for 2013 - March 3rd, 2014
- West Bank settlement starts double in 2013: Israel - March 3rd, 2014
- Settlement construction at highest level in a decade - March 3rd, 2014
- Obama Officials to Israel: Stop Being So Concerned About Security - The Latest News TV3 - Video - March 2nd, 2014
- Obama Officials to Israel: Stop Being So Concerned About Security - New Latest News - Video - March 2nd, 2014
- Amnesty Intl.: Israel trigger happyAmnesty Says Some Israeli West Bank Killings May Be War CrimesAmn - Video - March 2nd, 2014
- Newspaper Review: Violent Clashes in Jerusalem and West Bank Areas as Focus of Dailies - March 1st, 2014
- Obama Officials to Israel: Stop Being So Concerned About Security New Current News - Video - March 1st, 2014
- ISRAEL WARNED by UN: Breaking INTERNATIONAL LAW by destroying Palestinian Homes accused of - Video - March 1st, 2014
- Amnesty Intl.: Israel trigger happyAmnesty Says Some Israeli West Bank Killings May Be War - Video - February 28th, 2014
- Israel army in West Bank clash after Palestinian funeral - February 28th, 2014
- Human rights group says soldiers have killed dozens of Palestinians with virtual impunity in West Bank - February 28th, 2014
- Private Sector Coordination Council (PSCC) - West Bank/Gaza - Video - February 27th, 2014
- Palestinian killed in Israel West Bank raid - Video - February 27th, 2014
- Palestinian killed in Israel West Bank raid - February 27th, 2014
- Amnesty: Israel using reckless force - February 27th, 2014
- West Bank - New World Encyclopedia - Info:Main Page - New ... - February 27th, 2014
- Report: Israeli army using excessive force - February 27th, 2014
- Amnesty: Some Israeli West Bank killings may be war crimes - February 27th, 2014
- Amnesty International Warns Israel on West Bank 'War Crimes' - February 27th, 2014
- Killings of Palestinian women by relatives increases - February 26th, 2014
- Rise in killings of Palestinian women by relatives - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois & Missouri News, Sports - February 26th, 2014
- Should John Kerry just leave the mid-east alone?Should John Kerry just leave the mid-east alone?Shou - Video - February 26th, 2014
- #rethink2014 - Video - February 25th, 2014
- Palestinian Man Reaches 125th Birthday; Despite Poverty, Displacement And Violence, Arabs In Gaza, West Bank Have Long ... - February 25th, 2014
- West Bank Green Energy Project Creating Tension between Israel and Germany 2014 - Video - February 24th, 2014
- U.N. Report Cites Apartheid in Palestinian Territories - February 24th, 2014
- The politics of water: Palestinians bracing for another dry summer - February 23rd, 2014
- Israel's Generals - Ariel Sharon - Video - February 22nd, 2014
- Israel's Generals - Ariel Sharon - Documentary - Video - February 22nd, 2014
- Israel's Generals - Yitzhak Rabin - Documentary - Video - February 22nd, 2014
February 26, 2013 Tags: a-rocket-had, across-the-west, city, first-response-, generated, Israel, mahmud-abbass, militants-from, november-five, over-the-fate, palestinian, prisoner, prisoners, west Posted in: West Bank
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: