West Bank simmers with rage
West Banksimmers with rage
(AFP) / 27 February 2013
GAZA CITY Gaza militants from Fatahs Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades fired a rocket at Israel on Tuesday as a preliminary response after one of its members died in an Israeli jail.
It was the first time a Gaza rocket had struck southern Israel in more than three months, and stoked fears that the mass protests in the West Bank over the fate of prisoners in Israeli jails could spread to the Hamas-run territory.
Following weeks of anger in support of four prisoners on long-term hunger strike, the issue came to head on Saturday with news that 30-year-old Arafat Jaradat, who had been interrogated for throwing stones, had died in custody.
Jaradat was arrested on February 18 and questioned by Israels Shin Bet internal security services on suspicion of involvement in a stone-throwing terror attack in November. Five days later, he died in Megiddo prison.
His death sparked angry demonstrations across the West Bank, with Palestinian prisoner affairs minister Issa Qaraqaa saying preliminary results from his autopsy showed he had died as a result of torture.
At his funeral near the southern city of Hebron on Monday, militants from Al Aqsa Brigades, an armed offshoot of Palestinian president Mahmud Abbass Fatah party, vowed revenge. The group claimed Tuesdays rocket as a first response.
In a preliminary response to the killing of our hero the prisoner Arafat Jaradat, we claim responsibility for firing a Grad rocket on Ashkelon at 6:00 am (0400 GMT), the Gaza branch said in a statement. The rocket struck a road just south of the Israeli port city, causing damage but no injuries, police said.
Israeli public radio citing military officials said it was a Grad M75.
Read the original:
West Bank simmers with rage
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
difference antisemitism amd antijudaism
shane schuster kkk
exorcism ancient judaism video
antisemitism george zimmerman
anti semitism wright
vatican germany's black holocaust
- Palestinians seek end-of-occupation vote this week - December 19th, 2014
- Israeli settlers continue surge - December 18th, 2014
- Palestinian leader supports more talks on UN bid - December 18th, 2014
- Israeli settlements squeezing Palestinian tourism, officials say - December 17th, 2014
- Israel military kill Palestinian man during West Bank clashes - Video - December 17th, 2014
- Israeli soldiers kill Palestinian in West Bank - December 16th, 2014
- Israeli Forces Kill Palestinian in West Bank - December 16th, 2014
- West Bank settlements surge under Netanyahu - December 15th, 2014
- Benjamin Netanyahu's years as Israel's prime minister see surge in West Bank settlements - December 15th, 2014
- West Bank (region, Palestine) | Encyclopedia Britannica - December 15th, 2014
- Jewish settlers surge in West Bank during PM Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's tenure - December 15th, 2014
- Israeli settlement construction in West Bank surges under Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu - December 15th, 2014
- Netanyahu years see surge in West Bank settlements - December 15th, 2014
- Palestinians to seek U.N. resolution Wednesday on occupation - December 15th, 2014
- Four Girls Doused With Acid in West Bank - December 12th, 2014
- Kerry, Russia's Lavrov Discuss Middle East, Including Israel - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Israel Acid Attack: Palestinian Terror Suspect Targets Jewish Family In West Bank - December 12th, 2014
- How to protest Israels settlements? - George Galloway - Comment - Press TV - 11th December 2014 - Video - December 12th, 2014
- "Israel" claims West Bank land for possible settlement use draws U.S. rebuke New - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Global News Round Up (DEC112014) - Video - December 12th, 2014
- West Bank tensions soar after death of Palestinian official Ziad Abu Ein - December 11th, 2014
- Google Earth Tour - Video - December 11th, 2014
- In tense West Bank city, she secretly meets Israelis to talk peace - December 11th, 2014
- US State Dept Warns Israel Pressure will continue after Obama is Gone - Video - December 11th, 2014
- Dispute over what killed Palestinian official - December 11th, 2014
- WorldViews: In the West Bank, even non-violent protests can end in death - December 11th, 2014
- Palestinian Cabinet member dead after Israel clash - December 10th, 2014
- Palestinian Minister Killed: Ziad Abu Ein dies following a confrontation with an Israeli soldier - Video - December 10th, 2014
- IDF prepares for West Bank clashes following minister's death - December 10th, 2014
- Palestinian official dies after Israel troop clash - December 10th, 2014
- Palestinian Minister Dies In West Bank Protest Against Israel - December 10th, 2014
- Palestinian minister dies after clashes with Israeli forces in the West Bank - December 10th, 2014
- Palestinian minister dies after clash with Israeli troops in West Bank protest - December 10th, 2014
- Israel to demolish more Palestinian homes in West Bank - Video - December 10th, 2014
- Palestinian minister dies after altercation with Israeli forces in West Bank - December 10th, 2014
- Israel Arrests 15 Palestinians in West Bank, Jerusalem - December 7th, 2014
- Newspaper Review: Peaceful Weekly West Bank Marches Suppressed by Israel, Upcoming Israeli Elections Focus of Dailies - December 6th, 2014
- Madrid 1991: Negotiations Over West Bank & Gaza - Video - December 4th, 2014
- Video campaign encourages Arabs to butcher Jews in Israel - Video - December 3rd, 2014
- Two Israelis wounded in West Bank stabbing attack - December 3rd, 2014
February 26, 2013 Tags: a-rocket-had, across-the-west, city, first-response-, generated, Israel, mahmud-abbass, militants-from, november-five, over-the-fate, palestinian, prisoner, prisoners, west Posted in: West Bank
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: