West Bank simmers with rage
West Banksimmers with rage
(AFP) / 27 February 2013
GAZA CITY Gaza militants from Fatahs Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades fired a rocket at Israel on Tuesday as a preliminary response after one of its members died in an Israeli jail.
It was the first time a Gaza rocket had struck southern Israel in more than three months, and stoked fears that the mass protests in the West Bank over the fate of prisoners in Israeli jails could spread to the Hamas-run territory.
Following weeks of anger in support of four prisoners on long-term hunger strike, the issue came to head on Saturday with news that 30-year-old Arafat Jaradat, who had been interrogated for throwing stones, had died in custody.
Jaradat was arrested on February 18 and questioned by Israels Shin Bet internal security services on suspicion of involvement in a stone-throwing terror attack in November. Five days later, he died in Megiddo prison.
His death sparked angry demonstrations across the West Bank, with Palestinian prisoner affairs minister Issa Qaraqaa saying preliminary results from his autopsy showed he had died as a result of torture.
At his funeral near the southern city of Hebron on Monday, militants from Al Aqsa Brigades, an armed offshoot of Palestinian president Mahmud Abbass Fatah party, vowed revenge. The group claimed Tuesdays rocket as a first response.
In a preliminary response to the killing of our hero the prisoner Arafat Jaradat, we claim responsibility for firing a Grad rocket on Ashkelon at 6:00 am (0400 GMT), the Gaza branch said in a statement. The rocket struck a road just south of the Israeli port city, causing damage but no injuries, police said.
Israeli public radio citing military officials said it was a Grad M75.
Read the original:
West Bank simmers with rage
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
lew rockwell anti semite
annie lennox anti semitic
youtube george galloway oxford union walks
untold manuel quezon
antis tite pussy
gnn floyd anderson
anti semitic celebrities list
anti semitism rivers babylon
breaking jewish code free download
- Pope Francis, in visit to West Bank and Israel, tries his hand at bringing peace - May 25th, 2014
- Pope Francis Visits Israel, West Bank Amid Heightened Security - Video - May 25th, 2014
- Francis in Bethlehem - May 25th, 2014
- Bible Prophecy In the News - (False Prophet) Pope Francis at West Bank Wall 5/25/2014 - Video - May 25th, 2014
- Pope Francis prays at Israel's West Bank barrier - Video - May 25th, 2014
- Palestinians raise threat to land with Pope - May 25th, 2014
- Abbas accuses Israel of forcing Christians and Muslims out of Jerusalem, al-Quds - Video - May 25th, 2014
- In West Bank, Pope Makes Surprise Stop - Video - May 25th, 2014
- Pope Francis Prays at Bethlehem Wall!!! - Video - May 25th, 2014
- AP PHOTOS: In West Bank, pope makes surprise stop - May 25th, 2014
- Palestinians to raise threat to land with Pope - May 25th, 2014
- Pope Francis Visits Israel, West Bank Amid Heightened Security - May 25th, 2014
- Pope Francis says Israeli-Palestinian stalemate 'unacceptable' in Bethlehem - May 25th, 2014
- Pope Francis lands in politically sensitive West Bank - May 25th, 2014
- Pope lands in Bethlehem in a symbolic nod to Palestinian statehood on Day 2 of Mideast tour - May 25th, 2014
- Pope Francis in Bethlehem: Time to Face Facts | Journal - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- Jewish Zionist Calls For "Unilateral Action" in West-bank - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- Palestinians Warn Netanyahu Against Unilateral West Bank Steps - May 23rd, 2014
- Pope to visit a land of disappearing Christians - May 23rd, 2014
- Israel admits live fire used to drive Palestinians from land - Video - May 23rd, 2014
- European Union bans import of poultry, eggs from Israeli settlements - Video - May 22nd, 2014
- Palestinian refugees pin hopes on pope's visit - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois & Missouri News, Sports - May 22nd, 2014
- In the West Bank, Palestinian refugees hope Pope visit will highlight their forgotten plight - May 22nd, 2014
- Pope Francis To Visit Israel, West Bank - Video - May 21st, 2014
- Abbas rival sentenced to 2 years in absentia - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois & Missouri News, Sports - May 21st, 2014
- 'West Bank & Gaza stalemate playing into hands of Netanyahu's hardline govt' - Video - May 20th, 2014
- Settler Runners Barred From West Bank 'Peace Run' - May 19th, 2014
- The truth behind the West Bank outposts - Video - May 18th, 2014
- West Bank exhibition gives Gaza artists rare showcase - May 16th, 2014
- Israel's settlement construction illegal under international law - Video - May 16th, 2014
- Israeli Minister Expects 50 Percent More West Bank Settlers by 2019 - May 16th, 2014
- West Bank Settlements Could Grow 50% by 2019 - May 16th, 2014
- Israeli minister sees 50 pct more settlers in West Bank by 2019 - May 16th, 2014
- Israeli punitive action targets Palestinian banks - May 16th, 2014
- Israeli forces shoot dead two youths as Palestinians mark the Naqba - Video - May 15th, 2014
- Israeli troops kill 2 Palestinians in Nakba clash - May 15th, 2014
- Cop punches provoking kid, Israel - Video - May 15th, 2014
- Two West Bank Palestinians Killed by Israeli Forces at Nakba Day Rally - May 15th, 2014
- Israeli forces kill two Palestinians in West Bank clash - May 15th, 2014
- Hospital: 2 Palestinians killed in Nakba clash - May 15th, 2014
February 26, 2013 Tags: a-rocket-had, across-the-west, city, first-response-, generated, Israel, mahmud-abbass, militants-from, november-five, over-the-fate, palestinian, prisoner, prisoners, west Posted in: West Bank
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: