West Bank simmers with rage
West Banksimmers with rage
(AFP) / 27 February 2013
GAZA CITY Gaza militants from Fatahs Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades fired a rocket at Israel on Tuesday as a preliminary response after one of its members died in an Israeli jail.
It was the first time a Gaza rocket had struck southern Israel in more than three months, and stoked fears that the mass protests in the West Bank over the fate of prisoners in Israeli jails could spread to the Hamas-run territory.
Following weeks of anger in support of four prisoners on long-term hunger strike, the issue came to head on Saturday with news that 30-year-old Arafat Jaradat, who had been interrogated for throwing stones, had died in custody.
Jaradat was arrested on February 18 and questioned by Israels Shin Bet internal security services on suspicion of involvement in a stone-throwing terror attack in November. Five days later, he died in Megiddo prison.
His death sparked angry demonstrations across the West Bank, with Palestinian prisoner affairs minister Issa Qaraqaa saying preliminary results from his autopsy showed he had died as a result of torture.
At his funeral near the southern city of Hebron on Monday, militants from Al Aqsa Brigades, an armed offshoot of Palestinian president Mahmud Abbass Fatah party, vowed revenge. The group claimed Tuesdays rocket as a first response.
In a preliminary response to the killing of our hero the prisoner Arafat Jaradat, we claim responsibility for firing a Grad rocket on Ashkelon at 6:00 am (0400 GMT), the Gaza branch said in a statement. The rocket struck a road just south of the Israeli port city, causing damage but no injuries, police said.
Israeli public radio citing military officials said it was a Grad M75.
Read the original:
West Bank simmers with rage
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
michael kramer david lesch
wandering hebrews shaka zulu
adele anti semitic comments
war thunder win free golden eagles
oscar pistorius jewish
anthony woodson george zimmerman
Kuttay Ka Bacha Praveen Togadia
- Israeli West Bank Withdrawal Ridiculous Netanyahu Ally Says - October 21st, 2014
- Official: PA Forces Regularly Conduct politically Motivated Arrests - October 20th, 2014
- Lacking a plan, Abbas opts for rhetoric - October 20th, 2014
- arabs from Jerusalem attacking with rocks and firecrackers Israeli policemen - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Flanagan 'regrets' Israel's West Bank expansion - October 20th, 2014
- Mahmoud Abbas Urges Palestinians To Defend Al-Aqsa, Suggests Banning 'Settlers' From Entering - October 18th, 2014
- Clashes in West Bank and Jerusalem over al Aqsa mosque access - October 17th, 2014
- Teenage boy shot dead by Israeli troops in West Bank - October 17th, 2014
- Palestinian boy killed in West Bank gunfire - October 16th, 2014
- Palestinian boy killed by Israeli forces in West Bank - October 16th, 2014
- Palestinian boy killed by Israeli forces in West Bank: medics - October 16th, 2014
- Palestinians still 2 votes short for UN resolution - October 16th, 2014
- Children of Gaza and the West Bank - Aimee Shalan (3) - Video - October 15th, 2014
- West Bank Mosque Torched in Suspected Arson - October 14th, 2014
- Palestinian mosque in West Bank torched in suspected arson - October 14th, 2014
- U.N. chief visits Jerusalem, West Bank - October 14th, 2014
- West Bank Mosque Torched in Racist Attack - October 14th, 2014
- Alan Duncan Slams Israel's West Bank 'Apartheid' In Fierce Attack - October 14th, 2014
- UN's Ban in West Bank slams new Israel settlements - Video - October 13th, 2014
- Children of Gaza and the West Bank - Aimee Shalan (2) - Video - October 13th, 2014
- Palestinian PM: Donors must keep Gaza pledges - October 13th, 2014
- UN chief to visit West Bank, Gaza - October 13th, 2014
- Israel Arrests 11 Palestinians from West Bank and Jerusalem - October 12th, 2014
- Arab Bank asks for re-trial in US terror case - October 10th, 2014
- EU Will no Longer Accept Israel Products From West Bank - Video - October 9th, 2014
- Palestinian woman talks about sexual abuse by Israeli Soldiers! - Video - October 9th, 2014
- Palestinian unity government meets in Gaza - Video - October 9th, 2014
- Reconciliation govt. to convene in Gaza for 1st time - Video - October 9th, 2014
- Israel Agreed to Connect a Water Pipeline to PA City in West Bank - Video - October 8th, 2014
- Israel names kidnap suspects - Video - October 7th, 2014
- Bulgaria wants Israel to reverse new settlement expansion project - Video - October 7th, 2014
- The Sun Will Rise - How was the West Bank affected during Israel war on Gaza? (P.2) - Video - October 7th, 2014
- The Sun Will Rise - How was the West Bank affected during Israel war on Gaza? (P.1) - Video - October 7th, 2014
- Hamas: Give Us the West Bank and We Will Destroy Israel! HELLO!!! - Video - October 6th, 2014
- How was the West Bank affected during Israel war on Gaza? - Video - October 6th, 2014
- Olivier Pironet - October 6th, 2014
- Gaza Rice For Peace Campaign to PM Stephen Harper -Network of Spiritual Progressives Quebec Chapter - Video - October 5th, 2014
- Hamas Chief Says Palestinians Could Annihilate Israel Quicker From The West Bank - October 5th, 2014
- , - Video - October 5th, 2014
- Israel To Move Bedouins To Landfill - Video - October 5th, 2014
February 26, 2013 Tags: a-rocket-had, across-the-west, city, first-response-, generated, Israel, mahmud-abbass, militants-from, november-five, over-the-fate, palestinian, prisoner, prisoners, west Posted in: West Bank
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: