West Bank simmers with rage
West Banksimmers with rage
(AFP) / 27 February 2013
GAZA CITY Gaza militants from Fatahs Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades fired a rocket at Israel on Tuesday as a preliminary response after one of its members died in an Israeli jail.
It was the first time a Gaza rocket had struck southern Israel in more than three months, and stoked fears that the mass protests in the West Bank over the fate of prisoners in Israeli jails could spread to the Hamas-run territory.
Following weeks of anger in support of four prisoners on long-term hunger strike, the issue came to head on Saturday with news that 30-year-old Arafat Jaradat, who had been interrogated for throwing stones, had died in custody.
Jaradat was arrested on February 18 and questioned by Israels Shin Bet internal security services on suspicion of involvement in a stone-throwing terror attack in November. Five days later, he died in Megiddo prison.
His death sparked angry demonstrations across the West Bank, with Palestinian prisoner affairs minister Issa Qaraqaa saying preliminary results from his autopsy showed he had died as a result of torture.
At his funeral near the southern city of Hebron on Monday, militants from Al Aqsa Brigades, an armed offshoot of Palestinian president Mahmud Abbass Fatah party, vowed revenge. The group claimed Tuesdays rocket as a first response.
In a preliminary response to the killing of our hero the prisoner Arafat Jaradat, we claim responsibility for firing a Grad rocket on Ashkelon at 6:00 am (0400 GMT), the Gaza branch said in a statement. The rocket struck a road just south of the Israeli port city, causing damage but no injuries, police said.
Israeli public radio citing military officials said it was a Grad M75.
Read the original:
West Bank simmers with rage
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
kenya libya highlights
maradono porno 1087
konigsberg synagogue 1896
Pete Winstead Anti defamation league
download nimefanya nini wakisela mp3q
seth macfarlane exposing jews
anti semitism wright
b'nai brith umno
- Israel says it has uncovered a Hamas network planning a series of Jerusalem attacks - November 27th, 2014
- Israel 'foils Jerusalem attacks' - November 27th, 2014
- Israeli forces disperse West Bank demonstration - November 24th, 2014
- Pray for Gaza & the West Bank - Video - November 24th, 2014
- Israel: Doubletalk And Chains Of Gold - November 23rd, 2014
- Tensions rise as Palestinian killed on Gaza border, home torched in West Bank - Video - November 23rd, 2014
- Israeli forces break up West Bank clashes amid roiling tensions - November 22nd, 2014
- WEST BANK BATTLE Rift grows between Hamas, Palestinian Authority - November 22nd, 2014
- Israel to demolish more Palestinian homes in W Bank - Video - November 22nd, 2014
- Palestinian Authority accuses Hamas of plotting against it from Turkish HQ - Israeli forces disperse West Bank ... - November 21st, 2014
- Israel claims Hamas planned to assassinate Lieberman in West Bank - November 21st, 2014
- Four Palestinians arrested over alleged plot to kill Israel's foreign minister - November 21st, 2014
- ISIS new videos - Israel troops arrest 14 Palestinians across West Bank - Video - November 21st, 2014
- 3 accused of plot to kill Israeli minister - November 21st, 2014
- Israel says Hamas planned to assassinate Lieberman in West Bank - Video - November 21st, 2014
- Hamas plan to kill Israel's Lieberman foiled: Shin Bet - November 20th, 2014
- Tensions rising in the West Bank - November 20th, 2014
- Beer, wine flow in West Bank village - November 19th, 2014
- Book Review | Israel: The West Bank And International Law By Allan Gerson - Video - November 19th, 2014
- Israel approves 78 new settler homes in East Jerusalem - November 19th, 2014
- ISIS new videos - Israel destroys Palestinians house in West Bank - Video - November 19th, 2014
- ISIS new videos - Israel attacks Palestinian cities following synagogue assault - Video - November 19th, 2014
- Palestinian protesters clash with Israeli police at security barrier - no comment - Video - November 18th, 2014
- EU to impose more sanctions on Israel - Video - November 17th, 2014
- Israel To Demolish West Bank Homes, Palestinian Bus Driver Found 'Hanged' In Jerusalem - November 17th, 2014
- Israeli Authorities Issue Notices To Palestinians In West Bank Before Demolishing Their Homes - November 17th, 2014
- EU sets itself on collision course with Israel by threatening sanctions over West Bank settlements - November 17th, 2014
- ISRAEL'S HEALTHCARE SYSTEM-MAURICE OCHOL, LIVING A LONG LIFE - Video - November 16th, 2014
- Peaceful Jerusalem Prayers Amid West Bank Clashes - November 14th, 2014
- Israel | Women dies and three wounded by Palestinian stabbing - Video - November 14th, 2014
- West Bank (region, Palestine) -- Encyclopedia Britannica - November 14th, 2014
- BREAKING: "West Bank Mosque Torched By Israeli People" - Video - November 12th, 2014
- West Bank mosque arson blamed on Jewish settlers - November 12th, 2014
- West Bank mosque torched in suspected revenge attack - November 12th, 2014
- Mayor blames Jewish settlers for attack on West Bank ... - November 12th, 2014
- Abbas Blames Israel For West Bank Clashes, Accuses It Of Starting 'Religious War' - November 12th, 2014
- Israeli-Palestinian Tensions High Following Attacks - Video - November 11th, 2014
- Israel beefs up security on Arafat anniversary - Video - November 11th, 2014
- Israel vs Palestine: Israeli stabbed to death in West Bank new car attack POPULERNEWS 10.2014 - Video - November 11th, 2014
- New violence erupts in West Bank; Palestinian man killed - November 11th, 2014
February 26, 2013 Tags: a-rocket-had, across-the-west, city, first-response-, generated, Israel, mahmud-abbass, militants-from, november-five, over-the-fate, palestinian, prisoner, prisoners, west Posted in: West Bank
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: