West Bank simmers with rage
West Banksimmers with rage
(AFP) / 27 February 2013
GAZA CITY Gaza militants from Fatahs Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades fired a rocket at Israel on Tuesday as a preliminary response after one of its members died in an Israeli jail.
It was the first time a Gaza rocket had struck southern Israel in more than three months, and stoked fears that the mass protests in the West Bank over the fate of prisoners in Israeli jails could spread to the Hamas-run territory.
Following weeks of anger in support of four prisoners on long-term hunger strike, the issue came to head on Saturday with news that 30-year-old Arafat Jaradat, who had been interrogated for throwing stones, had died in custody.
Jaradat was arrested on February 18 and questioned by Israels Shin Bet internal security services on suspicion of involvement in a stone-throwing terror attack in November. Five days later, he died in Megiddo prison.
His death sparked angry demonstrations across the West Bank, with Palestinian prisoner affairs minister Issa Qaraqaa saying preliminary results from his autopsy showed he had died as a result of torture.
At his funeral near the southern city of Hebron on Monday, militants from Al Aqsa Brigades, an armed offshoot of Palestinian president Mahmud Abbass Fatah party, vowed revenge. The group claimed Tuesdays rocket as a first response.
In a preliminary response to the killing of our hero the prisoner Arafat Jaradat, we claim responsibility for firing a Grad rocket on Ashkelon at 6:00 am (0400 GMT), the Gaza branch said in a statement. The rocket struck a road just south of the Israeli port city, causing damage but no injuries, police said.
Israeli public radio citing military officials said it was a Grad M75.
Read the original:
West Bank simmers with rage
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
sandy hook fake debunk
gordon parks ku klux klan
criss angel game 2: israel cat, smurfs, escape?
war thunder golden eagles hack
st malachy false
hollywood movie bermuda triangle urdu
murder mary phagan dvd
obama israel negotiate peace treaty march 20th 2013
- Israel to build more settler units in West Bank - Video - December 4th, 2013
- Wild West Bank Might makes right in Israel-Palestine settlement standoff - Video - December 2nd, 2013
- EU urges Israel to stop building settlements in West Bank - Video - November 26th, 2013
- Palestinians protest against Israel settlement plan - Video - November 25th, 2013
- Israel to build 20 000 settler units in West Bank - Video - November 25th, 2013
- Israel Approves 800 New Settlements In The West Bank - Video - November 25th, 2013
- Israel approves 799 housing units in West Bank - Video - November 25th, 2013
- Israel to construct over 1,800 new illegal settler units in Occupied Territories - Video - November 24th, 2013
- Israel forces attack Palestinian TV crew - Video - November 24th, 2013
- West Bank - definition of West Bank by the Free Online ... - November 23rd, 2013
- Israel army raids Palestinian houses, nabs over 2 dozen - Video - November 20th, 2013
- Rawabi: Palestinians 'lay foundations of the future' by themselves - #Focus - Video - November 18th, 2013
- West Bank - New World Encyclopedia - November 18th, 2013
- French President, In West Bank, Urges Israeli Settlement Halt - Video - November 18th, 2013
- Israeli The walls Gaza and West Bank - Video - November 18th, 2013
- West Bank Facts, information, pictures | Encyclopedia.com ... - November 18th, 2013
- The difference between the communities surrounding the Gaza Strip and the West Bank settlements - Video - November 17th, 2013
- WikiTravel - West Bank - Wikitravel - The Free Travel Guide - November 15th, 2013
- West Bank travel guide - Wikitravel - Wikitravel - The Free ... - November 15th, 2013
- Israel PM halts plans to build settler homes - Video - November 14th, 2013
- West Bank: Introduction | Infoplease.com - November 12th, 2013
- Israel's New West Bank - Video - November 12th, 2013
- Israel to build 20,000 settler units in West Bank - Video - November 12th, 2013
- Israeli settlement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - November 10th, 2013
- Kerry Scolds Israel For West Bank Occupation - Video - November 9th, 2013
- Israel Palestinian Conflict: The Truth About the West Bank - YouTube - November 7th, 2013
- Israeliâ€“Palestinian conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - November 7th, 2013
- Palestinians in the West Bank protest against the US state secretary's visit - Video - November 7th, 2013
- Communal Wall Built By Israel Along The West Bank Of Palestine - Video - November 6th, 2013
- Kerry Visits Israel, West Bank Amid Frustration Over Peace Talks - Video - November 6th, 2013
- Pondering Israeli Settlements in the West Bank - Video - November 4th, 2013
- Jerusalem municipality issues orders for razing Palestinian homes - Video - November 4th, 2013
- Palestinians losing hope over settlements - Video - November 4th, 2013
- Israeli West Bank barrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - November 4th, 2013
- Israel "to build security barrier between West Bank and Jordan" - November 3rd, 2013
- West Bank Facts, information, pictures | Encyclopedia.com articles ... - November 3rd, 2013
- West Bank | Define West Bank at Dictionary.com - November 3rd, 2013
- Peaceful Green Resistance In The West Bank Against Israel - Video - November 3rd, 2013
- West Bank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - November 3rd, 2013
- CIA - The World Factbook: West Bank - November 2nd, 2013
February 26, 2013 Tags: a-rocket-had, across-the-west, city, first-response-, generated, Israel, mahmud-abbass, militants-from, november-five, over-the-fate, palestinian, prisoner, prisoners, west Posted in: West Bank
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: