West Bank simmers with rage
West Banksimmers with rage
(AFP) / 27 February 2013
GAZA CITY Gaza militants from Fatahs Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades fired a rocket at Israel on Tuesday as a preliminary response after one of its members died in an Israeli jail.
It was the first time a Gaza rocket had struck southern Israel in more than three months, and stoked fears that the mass protests in the West Bank over the fate of prisoners in Israeli jails could spread to the Hamas-run territory.
Following weeks of anger in support of four prisoners on long-term hunger strike, the issue came to head on Saturday with news that 30-year-old Arafat Jaradat, who had been interrogated for throwing stones, had died in custody.
Jaradat was arrested on February 18 and questioned by Israels Shin Bet internal security services on suspicion of involvement in a stone-throwing terror attack in November. Five days later, he died in Megiddo prison.
His death sparked angry demonstrations across the West Bank, with Palestinian prisoner affairs minister Issa Qaraqaa saying preliminary results from his autopsy showed he had died as a result of torture.
At his funeral near the southern city of Hebron on Monday, militants from Al Aqsa Brigades, an armed offshoot of Palestinian president Mahmud Abbass Fatah party, vowed revenge. The group claimed Tuesdays rocket as a first response.
In a preliminary response to the killing of our hero the prisoner Arafat Jaradat, we claim responsibility for firing a Grad rocket on Ashkelon at 6:00 am (0400 GMT), the Gaza branch said in a statement. The rocket struck a road just south of the Israeli port city, causing damage but no injuries, police said.
Israeli public radio citing military officials said it was a Grad M75.
Read the original:
West Bank simmers with rage
Incoming Post Search Feeds:
george zimmerman gang ties
ron paul 'saving jews' wwii idea
christianity influence culture areas currently practiced
kate smith anti semitic
Mark McGowan anti semitism
Judaica Declares War Germany video
anti semitism rivers babylon
adnan oktar 23 2013
lew rockwell anti semite
radiation videos free download
- SodaStream to close West Bank factory targeted by boycott campaign - October 29th, 2014
- SodaStream to move West Bank factory to Israel - October 29th, 2014
- SodaStream to move its West Bank factory, criticized by activists, to southern Israel in 2015 - October 29th, 2014
- After Boycott Pressure, SodaStream Will Move West Bank Factory in 2015 - October 29th, 2014
- Gaza Civil Servants Receive Pay In Boost To Palestinian Unity - Video - October 29th, 2014
- Israel Bars Palestinians From Riding 'Jewish' Buses in West Bank - October 27th, 2014
- Racial Segregation: Palestinians Barred from Israeli West Bank Buses - October 26th, 2014
- Infants Killing in Jerusalem Reignites Talk of a New Intifada - October 26th, 2014
- Israeli Forces Kill U.S. Youth in West Bank Clashes - October 25th, 2014
- Israeli Forces Kill U.S. Minor in West Bank Clashes - October 25th, 2014
- Protest Complicity Hewlett Packard Israel Crimes 24 Oct 2014 - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Israel troops kill US-Palestinian teen in West Bank - October 25th, 2014
- Washington: West Bank youth killed by Israel was US citizen - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Louisiana Teen Shot Dead in West Bank Clash With Israelis - October 24th, 2014
- Jerusalem, West Bank tensions stoke fears of new intifada - October 24th, 2014
- Jerusalem, West Bank tensions stoke fears of new intifada ... - October 24th, 2014
- Israel Arrests Minor, 11 others in West Bank, Jerusalem - October 23rd, 2014
- The West Bank and Gaza: Give economics a chance - October 23rd, 2014
- In West Bank, Palestinians gird for settler attacks on olive trees - October 22nd, 2014
- NewsTeam: the West Bank protests (E38) - Video - October 22nd, 2014
- Israeli West Bank Withdrawal Ridiculous Netanyahu Ally Says - October 21st, 2014
- Official: PA Forces Regularly Conduct politically Motivated Arrests - October 20th, 2014
- Lacking a plan, Abbas opts for rhetoric - October 20th, 2014
- Iran: Khamenei "West Bank" Should Hound Israel Like Gaza - Video - October 20th, 2014
- arabs from Jerusalem attacking with rocks and firecrackers Israeli policemen - Video - October 20th, 2014
- Flanagan 'regrets' Israel's West Bank expansion - October 20th, 2014
- Mahmoud Abbas Urges Palestinians To Defend Al-Aqsa, Suggests Banning 'Settlers' From Entering - October 18th, 2014
- Clashes in West Bank and Jerusalem over al Aqsa mosque access - October 17th, 2014
- Teenage boy shot dead by Israeli troops in West Bank - October 17th, 2014
- Palestinian boy killed in West Bank gunfire - October 16th, 2014
- Palestinian boy killed by Israeli forces in West Bank - October 16th, 2014
- Palestinian boy killed by Israeli forces in West Bank: medics - October 16th, 2014
- Palestinians still 2 votes short for UN resolution - October 16th, 2014
- Children of Gaza and the West Bank - Aimee Shalan (3) - Video - October 15th, 2014
- West Bank Mosque Torched in Suspected Arson - October 14th, 2014
- Palestinian mosque in West Bank torched in suspected arson - October 14th, 2014
- U.N. chief visits Jerusalem, West Bank - October 14th, 2014
- West Bank Mosque Torched in Racist Attack - October 14th, 2014
- Alan Duncan Slams Israel's West Bank 'Apartheid' In Fierce Attack - October 14th, 2014
- UN's Ban in West Bank slams new Israel settlements - Video - October 13th, 2014
February 26, 2013 Tags: a-rocket-had, across-the-west, city, first-response-, generated, Israel, mahmud-abbass, militants-from, november-five, over-the-fate, palestinian, prisoner, prisoners, west Posted in: West Bank
Fair Use Disclaimer
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Under the 'fair use' rule of copyright law, an author may make limited use of another author's work without asking permission. Fair use is based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism. The fair use privilege is perhaps the most significant limitation on a copyright owner's exclusive rights.
Fair use as described at 17 U.S.C. Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono-records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include: